Spoiler Vampire lord or werewolf?Who would win?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
of magicka, My character has 1400 magicka, and yes Vampire's are immune to knockback, in fact Unrelenting force does not affect them but it sends werewolves flying

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Do not underrate the Werewolf's ability to knockspam (staggerspam in VL's case), in melee range it's a death sentence for the Vampire Lord. A poorly placed Vampiric Grip will cost alot too when in mage stance.
I didn't think the Vampire Lord's could be staggered, as someone said they were immune to pushback. If what you say is true, balance has been put back into the world to some degree.

tx12001

I will do some experiments of my own when I get my new character levelled up enough to do so.(I will always hate the devs for taking out the Oghma Infinium glitch)
Their is actually another way to level yourself up quickly, well not as quick as that but if you cast soultrap on a dead body over and over again it will count towards increasing your skill, in about 30 minutes you can get from 15 to 100 and then you can reset and do this over and over until you reach a level you are satisfied with, personally Im not going anywhere over level 200

tx12001

Do not underrate the Werewolf's ability to knockspam (staggerspam in VL's case), in melee range it's a death sentence for the Vampire Lord. A poorly placed Vampiric Grip will cost alot too when in mage stance.
I didn't think the Vampire Lord's could be staggered, as someone said they were immune to pushback. If what you say is true, balance has been put back into the world to some degree.
they can still be staggered but only for a second they can not be sent hurling across the room by unrelenting force, that is what I meant or the werewolves knockback ability

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Actually upon Transformation a vampire lord gain a 300 armour rating and a werewolf gain 400, yes I know the werewolf is useless, but their is an armour cap and that is about 587 or something which is about an 80% (Do correct that) reduction in melee damage which means that a VL ore Lycantrope would have at least a 40% Armour rating at least and unlike both the Human form and the Werewolf, the vampire lord is immune pushback
Werewolves aren't useless. The extreme maneuverability, increased stamina, large healthpool, and deadly quick attacks make it prefect for most situations, as long as you have the time to transform.
where that forworn briarheart or giant would kill you
They don't kill me. As long as you have the right perks and are of a level where, as a person you would have been able to defeat either of them, the sheer speed of a sprint attack from a were can easily take down either a briarheart or a giant. A mammoth on the other hand... but then, dems is sum good eatin!

Staff member
I will do some experiments of my own when I get my new character levelled up enough to do so.(I will always hate the devs for taking out the Oghma Infinium glitch)
Their is actually another way to level yourself up quickly, well not as quick as that but if you cast soultrap on a dead body over and over again it will count towards increasing your skill, in about 30 minutes you can get from 15 to 100 and then you can reset and do this over and over until you reach a level you are satisfied with, personally Im not going anywhere over level 200
That is painfully slow imo. It's much faster to get somewhere enemies can't reach you, and spam cast dual conjuration swords. At least, it is when I do it. I enjoy playing chicken with the giants in the camps around Whiterun when doing this. Makes it less boring.

And spam casting muffle as you walk around is the king of power leveling, as far as I'm concerned.

Staff member
Werewolves aren't useless. The extreme maneuverability, increased stamina, large healthpool, and deadly quick attacks make it prefect for most situations, as long as you have the time to transform.
They don't kill me. As long as you have the right perks and are of a level where, as a person you would have been able to defeat either of them, the sheer speed of a sprint attack from a were can easily take down either a briarheart or a giant. A mammoth on the other hand... but then, dems is sum good eatin!
I circle mammoths and rain down extremely punishing blows on them. They typically can't keep up with a werewolf.

tx12001

I had never tried the duel casting swords, but you soultrap constantly and when you run out of magicka, you simply wait one hour then repeat, their is an even faster way it is to pickpocket someone then save, then pickpocket them again save and repeat and then you have the alchemy exploit which I hear you can make a single potion with it to get from 15 to 100 within less then a minute

Daelon DuLac

That is painfully slow imo. It's much faster to get somewhere enemies can't reach you, and spam cast dual conjuration swords. At least, it is when I do it. I enjoy playing chicken with the giants in the camps around Whiterun when doing this. Makes it less boring.

And spam casting muffle as you walk around is the king of power leveling, as far as I'm concerned.
Hey! You do that too? I luv messin' with the giants and the mammoths when I'm low level. Hit, run, hit, run, hit, run - stay to the high ground and hit with arrows and spells. It's tons of fun and very profitable.

tx12001

I circle mammoths and rain down extremely punishing blows on them. They typically can't keep up with a werewolf.
mammoths are wak, I remember a time once before when the vampire lord was no exsistent, I remember having a character that could cut through a mammoth with a single running attack, and that was on the 360 with no mods

tx12001

Hey! You do that too? I luv messin' with the giants and the mammoths when I'm low level. Hit, run, hit, run, hit, run - stay to the high ground and hit with arrows and spells. It's tons of fun and very profitable.
if you do use a bow to hunt mammoth it would be best to use the bound one, you get 100 bound arrows when you cast it, have you ever used all the arrows before the bound bow wore off? I havent

Staff member
I had never tried the duel casting swords, but you soultrap constantly and when you run out of magicka, you simply wait one hour then repeat, their is an even faster way it is to pickpocket someone then save, then pickpocket them again save and repeat and then you have the alchemy exploit which I hear you can make a single potion with it to get from 15 to 100 within less then a minute
You overestimate a Giant's intelligence. If you get where they can't reach you, they will back off far enough for you to wait an hour.

Fun fact, I am a vampire lord in my profile pic. Serana was too much for this dragonborn to resist xD

Staff member

if you do use a bow to hunt mammoth it would be best to use the bound one, you get 100 bound arrows when you cast it, have you ever used all the arrows before the bound bow wore off? I havent
The trouble with that is it won't give you exp until you aggro the mammoth, which makes it poor for powerleveling conjuration imo.

tx12001

You overestimate a Giant's intelligence. If you get where they can't reach you, they will back off far enough for you to wait an hour.

Fun fact, I am a vampire lord in my profile pic. Serana was too much for this dragonborn to resist xD
V ampire lord vs Giant / Giant runs torwards vampire lord, Vampire lord catches giant in vampiric grip and sends the giant flying 2000 feet into the air

tx12001

The trouble with that is it won't give you exp until you aggro the mammoth, which makes it poor for powerleveling conjuration imo.
what platform do you play on?

Staff member

V ampire lord vs Giant / Giant runs torwards vampire lord, Vampire lord catches giant in vampiric grip and sends the giant flying 2000 feet into the air
The Vsmpire Lord is too aesthetically hideous for me to ever transform into one, but it sounds fun!

Staff member
what platform do you play on?
Xbox360.

Daelon DuLac

Agree. I'm just not a fan of bound weapons in general (although I will get the bow on my mage). They take far to long to activate. I fight quickly and really can't spare the extra 10 seconds they take to come up and be usable. Frankly, I don't plan my slaughters that far in advance. Although, once you have the perk that extends the time they're active, the bow really does become formidable.

tx12001

I will change my profile pick to a picture of my VL, he is not an altmer but an imperial
that guy is level 200 his name is Morzan or Morteth, I have not really decided - do help
which one sounds better, P.S I know my character is better looking then most of the Nords in skyrim while many of his brothers of the night are butt-ugly

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
All the vampire lord needs to do is to allow a werewolf to chase him on top of a mountain, or cliff... and just as the werewolf is about to lunge at him.. he cast a vampire grip spell at the werewolf. Calmly walk over to the edge to watch and see if the werewolf can fly or not.

20121113_00006.jpg

So yeah Vampire Lord wins :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts