Spoiler Vampire lord or werewolf?Who would win?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
You underestimate the VL speed, their bats abilty supernatural reflexes would allow them to move at a much higher speed than a werewolf, and you also appear to be under estimating A VL strength, Odds are they are physically stronger than werewolves, an ordinary vampire would be about 10 times stronger than a normal man while a werewolf would have the strength of about 25 men? how much stronger do you think a VL is then an ordinary vampire,
also do tell me if I am wrong ut it does appear that the VL's claws are longer and sharper then the werewolves

tx12001

Actually upon Transformation a vampire lord gain a 300 armour rating and a werewolf gain 400, yes I know the werewolf is useless, but their is an armour cap and that is about 587 or something which is about an 80% (Do correct that) reduction in melee damage which means that a VL ore Lycantrope would have at least a 40% Armour rating at least and unlike both the Human form and the Werewolf, the vampire lord is immune pushback
Werewolves aren't useless. The extreme maneuverability, increased stamina, large healthpool, and deadly quick attacks make it prefect for most situations, as long as you have the time to transform.
where that forworn briarheart or giant would kill you

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Okay. If you bring your Vampire Lord into close quarters with a competant and properly leveled werewolf, due to the extreme stamina and rapid attacks, the VL would most likely be cut to ribbons, but I will grant you that I don't know a lot about Vampire Lord's specific capabilities. I always favored the werewolf because they didn't have to feed, and could stay incognito without getting chased out of a village rather easily.

Staff member
Actually upon Transformation a vampire lord gain a 300 armour rating and a werewolf gain 400, yes I know the werewolf is useless, but their is an armour cap and that is about 587 or something which is about an 80% (Do correct that) reduction in melee damage which means that a VL ore Lycantrope would have at least a 40% Armour rating at least and unlike both the Human form and the Werewolf, the vampire lord is immune pushback
Werewolves aren't useless. The extreme maneuverability, increased stamina, large healthpool, and deadly quick attacks make it prefect for most situations, as long as you have the time to transform.
I would outpace a Briarheart, and when he stopped to do his fancy power attack, I'd get behind him, knock him on his as*, and eat his face. Same with a giant.

tx12001

my vampire lord is level 200, he has about 2400 health in his transformed state boosted by the Royal bloodline mod and the Better Vampires mod ML Version - my claws do more damage than a werewolves claws and my blood magic does more damage then firestorm does, do you really believe you could beat me, I also have the slowdown time effect when an enemy tries a power attack and nightcloak will do 35 damage per second to anyone in melee range that would kill you in about 10 seconds P.S in dawnguard you don't actually have to feed at all

tx12001

I would outpace a Briarheart, and when he stopped to do his fancy power attack, I'd get behind him, knock him on his as*, and eat his face. Same with a giant.
No they would kill you when you were trying to transform and the giant would use their abilities that seem to defy the laws of physics
to knock you 2000 feet into the air, do take note that I Believe that to be a bug in thegames physic engine

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Does the Lord get bonus to health & stamina (and in his/her case magicka as well) too? I luv that perk. I guess I'll find out.

Daelon DuLac

my vampire lord is level 200, he has about 2400 health in his transformed state boosted by the Royal bloodline mod and the Better Vampires mod ML Version - my claws do more damage than a werewolves claws and my blood magic does more damage then firestorm does, do you really believe you could beat me, I also have the slowdown time effect when an enemy tries a power attack and nightcloak will do 35 damage per second to anyone in melee range that would kill you in about 10 seconds P.S in dawnguard you don't actually have to feed at all
Ah, but you're modded and I doubt if the result was intended in terms of Bethesda's design. BTW, what the heck are you fighting that you need that much health?!? Whatever it is, I definately do not want to meet it. Eeek!

tx12001

Does the Lord get bonus to health & stamina (and in his/her case magicka as well) too? I luv that perk. I guess I'll find out.
they can gain in the Vanilla game, up to 250 health, 200 magicka and 100 stamina also, yu can also stay in vampire lord form indefinetly and transform back and fourth at will

tx12001

Ah, but you're modded and I doubt if the result was intended in terms of Bethesda's design. BTW, what the heck are you fighting that you need that much health?!? Whatever it is, I definately do not want to meet it. Eeek!
10 ebony warrior powered vampire hunters at once and I made Dragons more realistic, also you try playing with the moonlight tales mod

Daelon DuLac

they can gain in the Vanilla game, up to 250 health, 200 magicka and 100 stamina also, yu can also stay in vampire lord form indefinetly and transform back and fourth at will
Cool! This will be my first time as a bloodsucker so I'm looking forward to it. Evil mage becomes evil vampire lord. Sounds like a good weekend. :)

tx12001

Cool! This will be my first time as a bloodsucker so I'm looking forward to it. Evil mage becomes evil vampire lord. Sounds like a good weekend. :)
you will only gain that health when you are at level 45 and over

Staff member
And if a Werewolf was scaled with your build, you would have no business going melee with it.
No they would kill you when you were trying to transform and the giant would use their abilities that seem to defy the laws of physics
to knock you 2000 feet into the air, do take note that I Believe that to be a bug in thegames physic engine
I would never try to transform in the middle of combat. No sane person would. I'd kick their as* manually, transform beforehand, or get FAR away before transforming.

tx12001

(Correction my vampire lord does about 220 melee damage which is 60 points higher then a fully perked werewolf in the vanilla game) but the werewolf in my game is scaled, in fact that is how I set up my game, they do about 320 damage per slash but they are forced to turn every night which is more like the werewolves in bloodmoon, they however can jump quite high at the offset of the VL being able to fly

tx12001

And if a Werewolf was scaled with your build, you would have no business going melee with it.
I would never try to transform in the middle of combat. No sane person would. I'd kick their as* manually, transform beforehand, or get FAR away before transforming.
smart idear but the werewolf form can only last for so long
you would have to flee if you were not faster enough, even at level 200 i still hate briarharts

Staff member
Werewolf has high DT, and should have more HP as well as Stamina. If what you say is true, we have been fed a load of bullshi* by the devs imo. A Vampire Lord should have absolutely no business going melee with a werewolf.

Staff member
smart idear but the werewolf form can only last for so long
you would have to flee if you were not faster enough, even at level 200 i still hate briarharts
Yes, but I'm more than confident I'd be fast enough. I outrange BriarHearts as well as outpace them.

tx12001

Werewolf has high DT, and should have more HP as well as Stamina. If what you say is true, we have been fed a load of bullshi* by the devs imo. A Vampire Lord should have absolutely no business going melee with a werewolf.
there is a reason that people call the vampire lord God mode but even that was not enough for my game, but I see what you mean about the vampire's melee abilities

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Do not underrate the Werewolf's ability to knockspam (staggerspam in VL's case), in melee range it's a death sentence for the Vampire Lord. A poorly placed Vampiric Grip will cost alot too when in mage stance.

Staff member
I will do some experiments of my own when I get my new character levelled up enough to do so.(I will always hate the devs for taking out the Oghma Infinium glitch)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts