Spoiler Vampire lord or werewolf?Who would win?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Ya its not hard to find a dead thing and there is a necromancy spell in the lords arsenal and can use it on one of the werewolves he killed. Real wolves normally arent very stealthy they use packs to help them
The VL's necromancy spell maxes out at level 36. Werewolves max out at level 46, if the help is NPC. So no werewolf minions for you.

And unstealthy werewolves is just a game mechanic, and if you are basing this thread purely on game mechanics, all argument is useless as there is no contest between a werewolf and vampire lord. A vampire lord wins every time, hands down.
id assume its game mechanics as these creatures dont actually exist
Are you joking? OFC werewolves and vampires don't exist.

The VL's necromancy spell maxes out at level 36. Werewolves max out at level 46, if the help is NPC. So no werewolf minions for you.

And unstealthy werewolves is just a game mechanic, and if you are basing this thread purely on game mechanics, all argument is useless as there is no contest between a werewolf and vampire lord. A vampire lord wins every time, hands down.
id assume its game mechanics as these creatures dont actually exist
Are you joking? OFC werewolves and vampires don't exist.

That we know of... dun dun dun!!! lol sorry, I'm done :p

Staff member

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
Its a tough one... 1 on 1 the Vampire would win, but in a battle with a large army on each side, I'd say the werewolves.

They would work better as a team and the Vampires can't keep them at a distance.for long. Once the werewolves get within melee range, its pretty much game over.

Agree with me, or don't. It doesn't really matter, but you have to admit, it would be an awesome fight.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Ok just make up scenarios to favor the vampire lord just because you want it to win. There are infinate possibilities when it comes to battle. Who's to say there aren't a whole pack of werewolves or who's to say the vampire lord has vampire thralls to help him out. There isn't really a way to predict the outcome. I'm done arguing because it is a pointless argument.
Im talking about 1 on 1(unless its by conjuration) full perks same level. Even while as a transformed werewolf the vampire can still grip him im pretty sure. ive done it do a giant.
I have never used a Vampire Lord transformation before. How does the Grip mechanic work?
actually The Vampiric Grip works identical to the Telkinesis Spell, with the exception that it will lift up enemies and choke them to death instead of small items, but you are right it does require a lot of magicka to sustain but throwing giants never gets old.

Staff member
Its a tough one... 1 on 1 the Vampire would win, but in a battle with a large army on each side, I'd say the werewolves.

They would work better as a team and the Vampires can't keep them at a distance.for long. Once the werewolves get within melee range, its pretty much game over.

Agree with me, or don't. It doesn't really matter, but you have to admit, it would be an awesome fight.
If we use the gameplay mechanics of Skyrim, It would be an absolute slaughter. One Vampire Lord alone could probably single handedly kill anywhere from ten to thirty wolves. I've seen youtube videos of a few Volkihars completely surrounded by werewolves, and still wrecking house.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn

If we use the gameplay mechanics of Skyrim, It would be an absolute slaughter. One Vampire Lord alone could probably single handedly kill anywhere from ten to thirty wolves. I've seen youtube videos of a few Volkihars completely surrounded by werewolves, and still wrecking house.

Oh, there's no doubt about that. Vampire Lords are ridiculously over powered (but also really fun). I was thinking of a fight if they were real lol.

tx12001

I have never used a Vampire Lord transformation before. How does the Grip mechanic work?
You have to get the perk by either doing multiple bite attacks or the drain health which is easier and unlock the spell than use it as a normal telekinesis spell. it basically holds the enemy in front of you as if you were holding an extremely light dead animal like a fox when it was dead. while doing that the victim is losing health and is subjected to explosive drain health spells and once you let go of the spell button they go flying possibly off of a very high spot. the only downside is that its a tad expensive in the magicka pool but if you are a spell caster then it shouldn't be a problem.
I see. Well then there are three possibilities for a werewof to come out on top. One, he uses ambush tactics utilizing his superior senses, instincts, and lay of the land. Two, he manages to avoid the grip dodging from cover to cover (which isn't likely). And three, the grip is stupid and werewolves hunt in packs. You grip the first werewolf, its mate takes you out while your back is turned.
are you sure a werewolf has superior senses, An ordinary vampire has heightened senses, a vampire lord is practically a super Vampire, and is several times stronger and faster then a normal vampire, take a look at the resembalan, the Vampire Lord is pretty much a giant Bat Demon, and Bats have one of the strongest senses of hearing of any creature in the world, their hearing is so advanced that they see with a somewhat rader, a vampire lord would hear the werewolf from over 10 miles away, also even going near a vampire lord who uses Night Cloak would just be foolish as so many of skyrim's inhabitants tend to do

Staff member
You have to get the perk by either doing multiple bite attacks or the drain health which is easier and unlock the spell than use it as a normal telekinesis spell. it basically holds the enemy in front of you as if you were holding an extremely light dead animal like a fox when it was dead. while doing that the victim is losing health and is subjected to explosive drain health spells and once you let go of the spell button they go flying possibly off of a very high spot. the only downside is that its a tad expensive in the magicka pool but if you are a spell caster then it shouldn't be a problem.
I see. Well then there are three possibilities for a werewof to come out on top. One, he uses ambush tactics utilizing his superior senses, instincts, and lay of the land. Two, he manages to avoid the grip dodging from cover to cover (which isn't likely). And three, the grip is stupid and werewolves hunt in packs. You grip the first werewolf, its mate takes you out while your back is turned.
are you sure a werewolf has superior senses, An ordinary vampire has heightened senses, a vampire lord is practically a super Vampire, and is several times stronger and faster then a normal vampire, take a look at the resembalan, the Vampire Lord is pretty much a giant Bat Demon, and Bats have one of the strongest senses of hearing of any creature in the world, their hearing is so advanced that they see with a somewhat rader, a vampire lord would hear the werewolf from over 10 miles away, also even going near a vampire lord who uses Night Cloak would just be foolish as so many of skyrim's inhabitants tend to do
Bat's use echo location. Maybe they have enhanced strength, but not senses. Vampires were not created as perfect hunters as they are in most lore you find in rl. They were simply powerful abominations. Werewolves, however, are animal in nature(literally) and have all the instincts and senses of a master hunter. They were quite literally made for the hunt.

tx12001

yes but as you say vampires are Abominations that is true, but many who become lycanthropes lose them selves totheir beastly nature, while a vampire lord will have no intellect change from when when he was in his human from, if he used one of his night powers such as supernatural reflexes or night cloak the werewolf could never catch him, and also Vampire lords are faster than werewolves you should look at the creation kit, vampire lords actually sprint or more to the point (Fly) faster than a werewolf can run, it was once stated that werewolves could run faster than horses but that is untrue, I got that information from the Skyrim Creation Ki, (if the vampire lord was surrounded bywerewolves they would simply fly away)

tx12001

ahh
As my new evil mage is going to go Vampire this run through (my first time!) I'm looking forward to it. This string really made me think about it.
Arr. Very good the Vampire lord is very powerful and as a bonus guards will not say that you smell like a wet dog

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
ahh
As my new evil mage is going to go Vampire this run through (my first time!) I'm looking forward to it. This string really made me think about it.
Arr. Very good the Vampire lord is very powerful and as a bonus guards will not say that you smell like a wet dog
Well, or maybe they will. I have a feeling he's pretty kinky. :)

Staff member
yes but as you say vampires are Abominations that is true, but many who become lycanthropes lose themselves totheir beastly nature, while a vampire lord will be no different then when he was in his human from, if he used one of his nigh powers such as supernatural reflexes or night cloak the weewolf could neer catch him, and also Vampire lords are faster than werewolves you should look at the creation kit, vampire lords actually sprint or more to the point (Fly) faster than a werewolf can run, it was once stated that werewolves could run faster than horses but that is untrue, I got that information from the Skyrim Creation Ki, (if the vampire lord was surrounded bywerewolves they would simply fly away)
The killer instincts and natural reflexes of a master hunter, created by THE hunter, simply cannot be matched by conscious thought. I'm not saying that Vampire Lord's do have fast reflexes and all, it's just the a werewolf's are better. And I concur with your statement about them simply flying away. But in most cases, a Vampire Lord would not know he was even being hunted, if this is not from a gameplay mechanic perspective, and thus not know he should fly. Vampires hunt humans. Werewolves aren't just human.

However, I concede that in open conflict the Vampire Lord has all the advantages.

tx12001

tx12001

yes but as you say vampires are Abominations that is true, but many who become lycanthropes lose themselves totheir beastly nature, while a vampire lord will be no different then when he was in his human from, if he used one of his nigh powers such as supernatural reflexes or night cloak the weewolf could neer catch him, and also Vampire lords are faster than werewolves you should look at the creation kit, vampire lords actually sprint or more to the point (Fly) faster than a werewolf can run, it was once stated that werewolves could run faster than horses but that is untrue, I got that information from the Skyrim Creation Ki, (if the vampire lord was surrounded bywerewolves they would simply fly away)
The killer instincts and natural reflexes of a master hunter, created by THE hunter, simply cannot be matched by conscious thought. I'm not saying that Vampire Lord's do have fast reflexes and all, it's just the a werewolf's are better. And I concur with your statement about them simply flying away. But in most cases, a Vampire Lord would not know he was even being hunted, if this is not from a gameplay mechanic perspective, and thus not know he should fly. Vampires hunt humans. Werewolves aren't just human.

However, I concede that in open conflict the Vampire Lord has all the advantages.
you know (The Hunter) Hircine is not all powerful right, in 427 the Neravarine defeated Hircine in a one on one fight at the end of the Bloodmoon, but Vampires were created by Molag Bal, Considrerd to be the most fearsome of Deadra, but the easiest way for a vampire to win in any fight against even 50 werewolves is to simply wait inn a place they can not get to, vampires have have all the time in the world (literaly) and werewolves have only about 2 and a half minutes

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I don't like either for 1 specific reason, all your enchantments lose there effect including your armor rating once u change. This more less means almost anything can kill u in just a few hits which makes it rather pointless.

Staff member

you know (The Hunter) Hircine is not all powerful right, in 427 the Neravarine defeated Hircine in a one on one fight at the end of the Bloodmoon, but Vampires were created by Molag Bal, Considrerd to be the most fearsome of Deadra, but the easiest way for a vampire to win in any fight against even 50 werewolves is to simply wait inn a place they can not get to, vampires have have all the time in the world (literaly)
Yes, I know he is not all powerful. But he is not called THE HUNTER for nothing. If he had hunted the Neravarine, where he was in his element and had the advantage, then he would have been victorious. However, he elected to duel him in single combat. (Also under the limitations of a game engine and balancing to make the fight fair).

And trying to wait out werewolves is pointless. If their prey escaped, they'd simply seek out something new to hunt. You wouldn't be bothering them much, but if said Vampire ever returned to that wrong part of the woods, he'd be all kinds of screwed unless he was quick with flying away. Vampire Lord's: Made to win in direct conflict pretty much. Werewolf: Made to be the cunning and powerful hunter and shock and awe trooper.

tx12001

Actually upon Transformation a vampire lord gain a 300 armour rating and a werewolf gain 400, yes I know the werewolf is useless, but their is an armour cap and that is about 587 or something which is about an 80% (Do correct that) reduction in melee damage which means that a VL ore Lycantrope would have at least a 40% Armour rating at least and unlike both the Human form and the Werewolf, the vampire lord is immune pushback

Staff member
Actually upon Transformation a vampire lord gain a 300 armour rating and a werewolf gain 400, yes I know the werewolf is useless, but their is an armour cap and that is about 587 or something which is about an 80% (Do correct that) reduction in melee damage which means that a VL ore Lycantrope would have at least a 40% Armour rating at least and unlike both the Human form and the Werewolf, the vampire lord is immune pushback
Werewolves aren't useless. The extreme maneuverability, increased stamina, large healthpool, and deadly quick attacks make it prefect for most situations, as long as you have the time to transform.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts