Spoiler Vampire lord or werewolf?Who would win?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
In gameplay, sure. AI is stupid as all hell usually. But if your fighting someone more intelligent, or in a more realistic situation, any competent hunter would not chase you up the mountain or cliff. Not unless they had an ace in the hole. (By realistic I mean as realistically portrayed as either creature can get)

Once a NPC (most likely a hunter) becomes a werewolf they lose all sense of intellectual responses. The can no longer reason or show any mercy whatsoever. They're out to kill, that's all. Look at Sinding for an example. Why do you think you have a timer once you become a werewolf? You must hunt down your prey and eat it to continue to be in your werewolf form. Once you lack of any desire to hunt you will turn right back into a human.

So yeah I can see any werewolf chasing a Vampire Lord up to a hill because they're driven by pure instinct.
No not at all otherwise Farkas or Vilkos I forget which, would have attacked you when he turns into a werewolf when you see him change for the first time.
I completely forgot about that...

Staff member
Once a NPC (most likely a hunter) becomes a werewolf they lose all sense of intellectual responses. The can no longer reason or show any mercy whatsoever. They're out to kill, that's all. Look at Sinding for an example. Why do you think you have a timer once you become a werewolf? You must hunt down your prey and eat it to continue to be in your werewolf form. Once you lack of any desire to hunt you will turn right back into a human.

So yeah I can see any werewolf chasing a Vampire Lord up to a hill because they're driven by pure instinct.
No not at all otherwise Farkas or Vilkos I forget which, would have attacked you when he turns into a werewolf when you see him change for the first time.
I completely forgot about that...
And Farkas.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The werewolves that the companions are are far weaker than the ones originally portrayed In lore in other words Werewolves you can not control themselves are more powerful than those you can, like if The neravarine became a werewolf in bloodmoon he had to hunt and kill to survive and being a werewolf was your number 1 priority while the werewolf in skyrim is nothing but a power that the warrior guild got that you would probably forget about if you don't use it for a while, at least being a vampire requires you attention

Staff member
The werewolves that the companions are are far weaker than the ones originally portrayed In lore in other words Werewolves you can not control themselves are more powerful than those you can, like if The neravarine became a werewolf in bloodmoon he had to hunt and kill to survive and being a werewolf was your number 1 priority while the werewolf in skyrim is nothing but a power that the warrior guild got that you would probably forget about if you don't use it for a while, at least being a vampire requires you attention
With the Dawnguard patch, Vampires require no attention. You no longer have to feed. I'd forget I was a vampire too if it didn't remind me every time I stepped out into the sunlight.

tx12001

yes well you still have the sunlight issue to deal with it is just the werewolf in skyrim feels lame when compared to the fact that in bloodmoon you were forced to turn everynight until you had the ring of hircine, there was a real sense of horror there

Staff member
yes well you still have the sunlight issue to deal with it is just the werewolf in skyrim feels lame when compared to the fact that in bloodmoon you were forced to turn everynight until you had the ring of hircine, there was a real sense of horror there
The "sunlight" issues are far too easily nullified to be a real handicap. And I agree about how Skyrim went soft on Werewolves. I also think they went soft on vampires, softer in my opinion.

TJ0331

Nords forever
1 on 1, directly across from each other, with equal capabilities in their own respective powers; a werewolf (extremely powerful one, however) would tear a vampire lord to pieces. There really isn't that much that could stop such a force, not even a Vampire Lord.

But considering Vampires are known for their stealth, I don't think one would allow that perfect scenario to happen and once someone turns into a werewolf, they are just a blood-thirsty, drooling, loud, hatefully oblivious monster of a thing. I'm sure that would be easy to lure into a trap. Remember, Werewolves can't stay in that form forever so they only got one shot, a Vampire isn't going to give them another one.

I'm not gonna bother going into what-if happenings; "what if he lured him off a cliff/what if he had the ring of blah blah/what if he pressed x, b, and then y and enabled god mode." That's just silly.

When it comes down to it, its all circumstantial. Personally I like being a werewolf because tearing people limb from limb is fun and I like the lore as well as the absence of negative effects.
(cough)mortal - in the long run the vampire always wins because the werewolf will age and die
and they will not

They may not age but they can easily be killed by any weapon or spell.

tx12001

1 on 1, directly across from each other, with equal capabilities in their own respective powers; a werewolf (extremely powerful one, however) would tear a vampire lord to pieces. There really isn't that much that could stop such a force, not even a Vampire Lord.

But considering Vampires are known for their stealth, I don't think one would allow that perfect scenario to happen and once someone turns into a werewolf, they are just a blood-thirsty, drooling, loud, hatefully oblivious monster of a thing. I'm sure that would be easy to lure into a trap. Remember, Werewolves can't stay in that form forever so they only got one shot, a Vampire isn't going to give them another one.

I'm not gonna bother going into what-if happenings; "what if he lured him off a cliff/what if he had the ring of blah blah/what if he pressed x, b, and then y and enabled god mode." That's just silly.

When it comes down to it, its all circumstantial. Personally I like being a werewolf because tearing people limb from limb is fun and I like the lore as well as the absence of negative effects.
(cough)mortal - in the long run the vampire always wins because the werewolf will age and die
and they will not

Vampires Actually have a resistence to Magic, as do all undead, what did you think the Necromage Perk Did, killing Vampires without using Exploited weapons that deal 500 Damage like a Nightmaster Vampire is actually quite difficult if you lack the abilities, P.S in my Modded Version of Skyrim, My Vampire is 35% resistant to any weapon that is not made of silver and whenever an enemy tries to power attack, supernatural reflexes kick in and they cant touch me

TJ0331

Nords forever
and they will not

Vampires Actually have a resistence to Magic, as do all undead, what did you think the Necromage Perk Did, killing Vampires without using Exploited weapons that deal 500 Damage like a Nightmaster Vampire is actually quite difficult if you lack the abilities, P.S in my Modded Version of Skyrim, My Vampire is 35% resistant to any weapon that is not made of silver and whenever an enemy tries to power attack, supernatural reflexes kick in and they cant touch me
Ok anyone can mod anything that is not the point. The point is just because they dont age doesnt mean anything.

tx12001

Ask yourself if you lived in tamriel would you rather be the person who smells like a wet dog or an immortal who walks as a lion among sheep?

Bluee Sabre

There's also the fact that the vampire can turn into bats and fly away, turn into an invulnerable mist and avoid damage, and summon gargoyles.

Staff member
Ask yourself if you lived in tamriel would you rather be the person who smells like a wet dog or an immortal who walks as a lion among sheep?
Probably neither, as they both mess with your mind and personality, as well as control. If vampires go by game mechanics in this scenario though, I might eventually come around to being a vampire lord, simply because immortality appeals to me, but again, not likely that I would.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
This to me is your typical wolf versus bear question. Werewolves are not designed to face something one on one. They are designed to hunt with a pack and quite obviously, five werewolves would defeat a vampire lord 9 times out of 10. It's just like real life. If a lone wolf takes on anything, it dies, without a pack wolves are worthless, but with a pack, wolves are close to unstoppable once they put their mind to it.

Staff member
This to me is your typical wolf versus bear question. Werewolves are not designed to face something one on one. They are designed to hunt with a pack and quite obviously, five werewolves would defeat a vampire lord 9 times out of 10. It's just like real life. If a lone wolf takes on anything, it dies, without a pack wolves are worthless, but with a pack, wolves are close to unstoppable once they put their mind to it.
If the 5 werewolves were right across from the vampire lord and they were duking it out with melee maybe, but I can't see a vampire lord being stupid enough to get into that situation. And sure, normal wolves are designed for packs, but these are werewolves. Werewolves are a lot more powerful than normal wolves, created straight from human imagination and fear. They are on a whole other level, or at least should be, compared to normal beings. While I might be inclined to agree with you, a creature straight out of legend and horror stories is just more powerful than that. Traveling in a pack just enhances their already formidable strength, however in almost every scenario they would lose to a vampire lord. Even a pack wouldn't be enough, unless for some reason the Vampire Lord is very stupid.

Staff member
In terms of roleplay then I dont know but werewolves would normally hunt in packs.
In terms of gameplay mechanics than normally a vampire lord wins but if it is a fully powered werewolf than Werewolf
That was awesome. @2:45 that werewolf got tired of her shi*.

Staff member
In terms of roleplay then I dont know but werewolves would normally hunt in packs.
In terms of gameplay mechanics than normally a vampire lord wins but if it is a fully powered werewolf than Werewolf
To be fair, the werewolf could have stun locked that vampire 1on1. Anything with chain attacks or crowd control spells will ra*e in fights like 30vs30.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts