Spoiler Vampire lord or werewolf?Who would win?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I see. Well then there are three possibilities for a werewof to come out on top. One, he uses ambush tactics utilizing his superior senses, instincts, and lay of the land. Two, he manages to avoid the grip dodging from cover to cover (which isn't likely). And three, the grip is stupid and werewolves hunt in packs. You grip the first werewolf, its mate takes you out while your back is turned.
are you sure a werewolf has superior senses, An ordinary vampire has heightened senses, a vampire lord is practically a super Vampire, and is several times stronger and faster then a normal vampire, take a look at the resembalan, the Vampire Lord is pretty much a giant Bat Demon, and Bats have one of the strongest senses of hearing of any creature in the world, their hearing is so advanced that they see with a somewhat rader, a vampire lord would hear the werewolf from over 10 miles away, also even going near a vampire lord who uses Night Cloak would just be foolish as so many of skyrim's inhabitants tend to do

10 miles? Isnt that a guess?
Hey a grizzly bear can smell and track it's prey from over 18 miles away, and remember the Vampire Lord is an unnatural being I am pretty sure its senses are far greater than those of an ordinary creature

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
are you sure a werewolf has superior senses, An ordinary vampire has heightened senses, a vampire lord is practically a super Vampire, and is several times stronger and faster then a normal vampire, take a look at the resembalan, the Vampire Lord is pretty much a giant Bat Demon, and Bats have one of the strongest senses of hearing of any creature in the world, their hearing is so advanced that they see with a somewhat rader, a vampire lord would hear the werewolf from over 10 miles away, also even going near a vampire lord who uses Night Cloak would just be foolish as so many of skyrim's inhabitants tend to do

10 miles? Isnt that a guess?
Hey a grizzly bear can smell and track it's prey from over 18 miles away, and remember the Vampire Lord is an unnatural being I am pretty sure its senses are far greater than those of an ordinary creature
They might be superior, but not that superior.

Werewolves are the one who track by scent, Gidian, not Vampires.
Werewolves are the one who track by scent, Gidian, not Vampires.
Vampires have heightened senses too. They can smell blood especially. There is no reason why they can't, and we can tweak the lure a bit if we have to.
I suppose, but they've never displayed the heightened senses in TES lore. The closest would be the night vision automatically granted to all vampires.
I suppose, but they've never displayed the heightened senses in TES lore. The closest would be the night vision automatically granted to all vampires.
Well, you're right. But come on? Vampires are supposed to be perfect hunters of man. Seems a little underwhelming that they can see in the dark especially well. But oh well. I suppose it's a good tradeoff if they can walk in the daylight.
They aren't supposed to be perfect hunters of man. They're Daedric abominations created by accident.

tx12001

Actually the vampres in skyrim are a poor example to showcase the senses of a vampire, Look at how the vampire were in oblivion,
Night Vision would also have a detect ability, and does the werewolf in Skyrim have night vision?

Staff member
Actually the vampres in skyrim are a poor example to showcase the senses of a vampire, Look at how the vampire were in oblivion,
Night Vision would also have a detect ability, and does the werewolf in Skyrim have night vision?

It wouldn't surprise me if werewolves had enhanced sight, and they do seem to mostly hunt at night. They do have superior Olfactory senses and most likely hearing. However, they are reckless and driven by instinct, as pointed out by Raijin. That pretty much closes the debate.

tx12001

It wouldn't surprise me if werewolves had enhanced sight, and they do seem to mostly hunt at night. They do have superior Olfactory senses and most likely hearing. However, they are reckless and driven by instinct, as pointed out by Raijin. That pretty much closes the debate.
Look at the size of the Vampire Ears, if my information is accurate Bats have superior hearing to even a dog, and that is pretty much what ths whole debate is Over Bat vs Dog or wolf as you like to put it, I am not saying that the Werewolf does not have a Super powerful Sense of smell that surpasses the Vampires Super sense of smell they would but in terms of Hearing and Sight, I am pretty sure Vampires would Win

Staff member
Look at the size of the Vampire Ears, if my information is accurate Bats have superior hearing to even a dog, and that is pretty much what ths whole debate is Over Bat vs Dog or wolf as you like to put it, I am not saying that the Werewolf does not have a Super powerful Sense of smell that surpasses the Vampires Super sense of smell they would but in terms of Hearing and Sight, I am pretty sure Vampires would Win
Sight only at night or in low light situations. A vampire lord more than likely has superior hearing, but by a small margin.

tx12001

Hmm yes u do have a point but As I said the vampire Lord is Bassically a Giant Bat while the Werewolf is A Humanoid wolf, Bats have superior Hearing to Wolves, Wolves Have better Sense of Smell, Eyesight wise could most lickly be the same, but here is a question what about a Werewolves senses vs a werebears senses hmm? it would be a more challenging debate to decide between differing lycanthropes than a living abomination when compared to an undead abomination, Both vampires and werewolves can smell blood but how are the senses of a werebear when compared?

Staff member
Hmm yes u do have a point but As I said the vampire Lord is Bassically a Giant Bat while the Werewolf is A Humanoid wolf, Bats have superior Hearing to Wolves, Wolves Have better Sense of Smell, Eyesight wise could most lickly be the same, but here is a question what about a Werewolves senses vs a werebears senses hmm? it would be a more challenging debate to decide between differing lycanthropes than a living abomination when compared to an undead abomination, Both vampires and werewolves can smell blood but how are the senses of a werebear when compared?
A werebear would still have exceptional olfactory senses. Hearing probably better than normal, and probably average eyesight. Can't sniff stuff out as well as the werewolf, idk about hearing, probably around the same, and worse nightvision. It would compensate with more strength and a larger health pool, or at least I'd assume so.

tx12001

A werebear would still have exceptional olfactory senses. Hearing probably better than normal, and probably average eyesight. Can't sniff stuff out as well as the werewolf, idk about hearing, probably around the same, and worse nightvision. It would compensate with more strength and a larger health pool, or at least I'd assume so.
Actually A bear has superior Smell then a Wolf, Up to 18 Miles, Their hearing would probably be worse but their sense of smell would be better

Staff member
Actually A bear has superior Smell then a Wolf, Up to 18 Miles, Their hearing would probably be worse but their sense of smell would be better
Never knew that... learn something new every day.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
1 on 1, directly across from each other, with equal capabilities in their own respective powers; a werewolf (extremely powerful one, however) would tear a vampire lord to pieces. There really isn't that much that could stop such a force, not even a Vampire Lord.

But considering Vampires are known for their stealth, I don't think one would allow that perfect scenario to happen and once someone turns into a werewolf, they are just a blood-thirsty, drooling, loud, hatefully oblivious monster of a thing. I'm sure that would be easy to lure into a trap. If a Vampire Lord allows himself to be put in a situation where its 1 on 1, directly across from each other, against a werewolf well I don't think he is that smart of a Vampire Lord. Remember, Werewolves can't stay in that form forever so they only got one shot, a Vampire isn't going to give them another one.

I'm not gonna bother going into what-if happenings; "what if he lured him off a cliff/what if he had the ring of blah blah/what if he pressed x, b, and then y and enabled god mode." That's just silly.

When it comes down to it, its all circumstantial. Personally I like being a werewolf because tearing people limb from limb is fun and I like the lore as well as the absence of negative effects.

tx12001

1 on 1, directly across from each other, with equal capabilities in their own respective powers; a werewolf (extremely powerful one, however) would tear a vampire lord to pieces. There really isn't that much that could stop such a force, not even a Vampire Lord.

But considering Vampires are known for their stealth, I don't think one would allow that perfect scenario to happen and once someone turns into a werewolf, they are just a blood-thirsty, drooling, loud, hatefully oblivious monster of a thing. I'm sure that would be easy to lure into a trap. Remember, Werewolves can't stay in that form forever so they only got one shot, a Vampire isn't going to give them another one.

I'm not gonna bother going into what-if happenings; "what if he lured him off a cliff/what if he had the ring of blah blah/what if he pressed x, b, and then y and enabled god mode." That's just silly.

When it comes down to it, its all circumstantial. Personally I like being a werewolf because tearing people limb from limb is fun and I like the lore as well as the absence of negative effects.
(cough)mortal - in the long run the vampire always wins because the werewolf will age and die
and they will not

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

But considering Vampires are known for their stealth, I don't think one would allow that perfect scenario to happen and once someone turns into a werewolf, they are just a blood-thirsty, drooling, loud, hatefully oblivious monster of a thing. I'm sure that would be easy to lure into a trap. Remember, Werewolves can't stay in that form forever so they only got one shot, a Vampire isn't going to give them another one.

(cough)mortal - in the long run the vampire always wins because the werewolf will age and die
and they will not

Calm down, guy.

Anyways:

Which do you think is better for the player character and which do you think would win a fight against the other?

I don't think the question was who has the longer life expectancy.

tx12001

and they will not

Calm down, guy.

Anyways:

Which do you think is better for the player character and which do you think would win a fight against the other?

No this topic is Vampire Lord vs Werewolf and I am saying all a vampire would have to do to beat a werewolf is outlive it, which for them would be quite easy
this aint Underworld, Werewolves would Get old and frail where the vampire lord would walk right up to them and kill them, And personally being a vampire is better because that would make your character Immortal now wouldent it and they would never have to defend the twilight sepulcher despite being forced to, Alas Werewoves have no ranged attacks and they don't have a revert form abilty so if you are fighting a dragon that does not land within that 2 and a half minutes the transformation would be wasted, while a vampire lord has ranged attacks and can transform back and fourth at will and the vampires trivial weakness the off put by the fact that unlike the werewolf they have powers in their human form as well as being 100% resistance to poison and the weakness to fire is offput by their resistance to frost and the weakness to sunlight can be putoff with Auriels bow, also are you aware that the vampire lords movement speed is higher than the werewolves, Numbers in the creation kit don't lie, so A Vampire is also better to get from point A to point B

Staff member
and they will not

Calm down, guy.

Anyways:

No this topic is Vampire Lord vs Werewolf and I am saying all a vampire would have to do to beat a werewolf is outlive it, which for them would be quite easy
this aint Underworld, Werewolves would Get old and frail where the vampire lord would walk right up to them and kill them, And personally being a vampire is better because that would make your character Immortal now wouldent it and they would never have to defend the twilight sepulcher despite being forced to, Alas Werewoves have no ranged attacks and they don't have a revert form abilty so if you are fighting a dragon that does not land within that 2 and a half minutes the transformation would be wasted, while a vampire lord has ranged attacks and can transform back and fourth at will and the vampires trivial weakness the off put by the fact that unlike the werewolf they have powers in their human form as well as being 100% resistance to poison and the weakness to fire is offput by their resistance to frost and the weakness to sunlight can be putoff with Auriels bow, also are you aware that the vampire lords movement speed is higher than the werewolves, Numbers in the creation kit don't lie, so A Vampire is also better to get from point A to point B
He just showed you the name of the thread, which is typically a statement of the topic, word for word. I fail to see how you can refute that by saying the topic is something else.

tx12001

do not mock my intelliegence, A werewolf has no werewolf powers in their human form whatsoever while a vampire lord does, I dare you to go through a falmer dungeon or fight a powerful spriggan as a werewolf in human form and then do the same with the same character as a vampire Lord in human form, you will notice that the spriggans primary attack will heavily damage a werewolf and kill them quite fast but a vampire however will be completely immune to the effects of Spriggan sap, Falmer Poison, Frostbite Venom, I have lasted longer as a vampire in a falmer den in human form that a transformed werewolf in the same dungeon, and if you are saying who would win in a fight do know that a vampire lord has night cloak and would heal health every second while a werewolf would taking damage and the vampire lord could be throwing bloodbombs at the werewolf while healing while the werewolf dont heal, not to mention the vampires bloodbomb is more powerful than the werewolfs claws

Staff member
do not mock my intelliegence, A werewolf has no werewolf powers in their human form whatsoever while a vampire lord does, I dare you to go through a falmer dungeon or fight a powerful spriggan as a werewolf in human form and then do the same with the same character as a vampire Lord in human form, you will notice that the spriggans primary attack will heavily damage a werewolf and kill them quite fast but a vampire however will be completely immune to the effects of Spriggan sap, Falmer Poison, Frostbite Venom, I have lasted longer as a vampire in a falmer den in human form that a transformed werewolf in the same dungeon, and if you are saying who would win in a fight do know that a vampire lord has night cloak and would heal health every second while a werewolf would taking damage and the vampire lord could be throwing bloodbombs at the werewolf while healing while the werewolf dont heal, not to mention the vampires bloodbomb is more powerful than the werewolfs claws
I did not mock your intelligence, nor were any of the things you just re stated in question. Read my post again, more carefully, to divine what I meant by it.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

Well, of course it would. They wouldn't be really in a fight though, would they? Unless its some sort of life long rivalry out of spite just to see who lives longer. It's like if the question was who would win in a fight, me or you, and your answer would be well we wouldn't fight I would just outlive you. That just sounds retarded, doesn't it?

this aint Underworld, Werewolves would Get old and frail where the vampire lord would walk right up to them and kill them, And personally being a vampire is better because that would make your character Immortal now wouldent it and they would never have to defend the twilight sepulcher despite being forced to,

I was under the assumption that the original question of this thread had the pretenses that both Vampire/Werewolf were in their prime, are you reading something that I'm not? Personally, I like being a werewolf because I find it more intriguing and more brutal, so ha

Alas Werewoves have no ranged attacks and they don't have a revert form abilty so if you are fighting a dragon that does not land within that 2 and a half minutes the transformation would be wasted, while a vampire lord has ranged attacks and can transform back and fourth

Where did the dragon come from? If we were fighting dragons then yeah I would rather be a Vampire Lord but alas, I did not read that. I covered the unlimited transformations in my first post, I didn't say the Vampire Lord was infinitely inferior to the werewolf now, did I?

vampires trivial weakness the off put by the fact that unlike the werewolf they have powers in their human form as well as being 100% resistance to poison and the weakness to fire is offput by their resistance to frost and the weakness to sunlight can be putoff with Auriels bow, also are you aware that the vampire lords movement speed is higher than the werewolves, Numbers in the creation kit don't lie, so A Vampire is also better to get from point A to point B

I wouldn't exactly call the Vampire fire weakness "trivial", its pretty significant. I also don't think we were talking about who's better in the human form, so there's that. In human form you are a vampire, not a Vampire Lord, so read the original post again.

Like I said, a werewolf would win if they were directly across from eachother, imo, but a Vampire Lord would probably be smart enough not to get themself into a situation like that, I'd hope. If they were any significant distance apart then I would put my money on the Vampire Lord, but a cave or point blank, all the moneys on the werewolf.

The quotes fluffed up and I don't know how to fix it =(

Staff member
Calm down, guy.

Anyways:

He just showed you the name of the thread, which is typically a statement of the topic, word for word. I fail to see how you can refute that by saying the topic is something else.
Just realized my blunder with this post. But you know what I meant.

TJ0331

Nords forever
All the vampire lord needs to do is to allow a werewolf to chase him on top of a mountain, or cliff... and just as the werewolf is about to lunge at him.. he cast a vampire grip spell at the werewolf. Calmly walk over to the edge to watch and see if the werewolf can fly or not.

20121113_00006.jpg

So yeah Vampire Lord wins :)
In gameplay, sure. AI is stupid as all hell usually. But if your fighting someone more intelligent, or in a more realistic situation, any competent hunter would not chase you up the mountain or cliff. Not unless they had an ace in the hole. (By realistic I mean as realistically portrayed as either creature can get)

Once a NPC (most likely a hunter) becomes a werewolf they lose all sense of intellectual responses. The can no longer reason or show any mercy whatsoever. They're out to kill, that's all. Look at Sinding for an example. Why do you think you have a timer once you become a werewolf? You must hunt down your prey and eat it to continue to be in your werewolf form. Once you lack of any desire to hunt you will turn right back into a human.

So yeah I can see any werewolf chasing a Vampire Lord up to a hill because they're driven by pure instinct.
No not at all otherwise Farkas or Vilkos I forget which, would have attacked you when he turns into a werewolf when you see him change for the first time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts