Immortal Words - Saurano Direnni

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Heh, yeah. I downloaded a "realistic carry weight" mod that reduces your initial carry weight based on what race you are, and tend to have that problem with dragon bones/scales a lot.

Aw, where'd you find it? I've been looking for something like that for ages.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Realistic Carry Weight at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Be warned, if you use a needs mod that e.g. affects carry weight with hunger, it may get rather screwy :)

Also, scaling is still +5 carry weight for each point you put in stamina. For instance, Sjadbek is now up to like, 175 or 180 carry weight after starting with the Nordic 120.

BIGwooly

Loredas Afternoon / The Pale

Armor retrieved. Mother is happy I'm sure.

I have just under five hundred septims after everything I've done. So I'm back where I started. Not enough money for the hired sword. And I'm tired of it.

So I left Whiterun today. I'm headed up into the pass beyond Riverwood. Supposedly that's where this cave is at, and that's where my vampires will be. It's time to collect that ash and move on. I'd rather not spend any more time in this land than I need to.

BIGwooly

Loredas Evening / Unknown Ruins

Just up the road from Helgen I found a trail leading away from the road. Thinking it may lead to the cave with the Avani I followed it. It wound in and out of the trees for some time, and led past a giant rock outcrop and up a hill. On this hill I spotted a makeshift flag, the sort you tend to see bandits using to mark their territory. But I couldn't be sure unless I checked it out.

I reached the top of the hill and found steps ... leading down. There was an old nordic ruin below, and I could see a fire lit just inside an opening. These ruins were occupied. Likely by bandits. The cave with the Alvani could still be part of the ruins, and I had to make sure. But beyond that, I was in the mountains and night was coming. I had no intention of sleeping in the snow when there were perfectly good bedrolls right here.

I started down the steps, knowing full well that I wasn't going to be sleeping here without shedding blood first. That is the way of the world. Everything comes at a cost. And as three bandits poured from the ruins shouting at me I knew the cost would be blood tonight.

They came charging up the steps at me. Ignorant fools. Numbers aren't always everything. I laid down a stream of fire across them and they just kept coming. No wonder they're thieves. They don't have the intelligence to do anything else.

I retreated and kept the flame on them. One of the bandits succumbed to his burns right there on the steps. Another made it to the top and almost reached me with his axe, but then he fell as well. The third, a woman, retreated back down the steps. Typical. Women do seem to rely less on brutish will and more on thoughtful cunning.

But her respite was short-lived. I waited at the top of the steps while I regained my magicka. She waited at the bottom, behind the cover of a fallen statue. And when I came for her she left her cover and cast a spell on herself. I believe it was a shield spell of some kind, but it wasn't strong enough. Her body felt the heat of my flame and she too fell dead on the steps.

I took what little gold the brigands had, as well as a tasty rabbit haunch. It was a good find considering I had neglected to bring any food with me this time. I found another tasty morsel inside, as well as several bedrolls. But not much else. These bandits either had a big plan in the works or they didn't realize they weren't in a good place to catch wandering travelers.

After having my meal and flipping through a book of riddles I found, I've decided to search the rest of the area to make sure it is secure. No point in killing three bandits and laying your head down to sleep only to have the fourth bandit slit your throat while you dream.

BIGwooly

Loredas / Unknown Ruins

My heart is beating through my chest plate right now.

It was a good think I took a look around before dropping onto a bedroll. I found a door nearby, which led to an interior part of the ruins. And just inside I found two more bandits. Those degenerates surely would have gutted me in my sleep. Instead, I burned them alive.

I knew there could be more, so I had no choice but to continue. My feet were sore from hiking up into the pass, but better to deal with sore feet than a slit throat.

A bit further ahead I came across a behemoth of a spider. If you're from Morrowind then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't mean a large spider, like the size of your hand. I don't mean a huge spider, like the size of a dog. I mean this spider was large enough it could carry a man away. I swear it was larger than a bear.

I recall stumbling backwards in the tunnel, trying to get away. I felt a sting as it struck me with poisonous spit, but luckily my blood gives me some protection against that. It would not protect me against those fangs, though. I had to get away or the giant arachnid was going to make a cocooned meal of me.

It chased me as I backpedaled, dousing it in flame. And the by sheer luck, as it was about to reach me, the tunnel narrowed just slightly, just enough. The spider couldn't follow me. It was actually too large to follow me. I smiled and spent the next half hour roasting the beast until it died.

Beyond the spider I found a door, and beyond that door another tunnel. And in that tunnel three more bandits. All three died with flames licking across their bodies. No slitting throats for them tonight.

And then the chest. There was a chest in the tunnel, and I took some time to examine it. Bandits are notorious for setting traps, and sure enough I spotted a piece of rope on the side of the chest. I looked all over the ceiling and walls to see what this trap could spring, and finally noticed some holes in the wall next to the chest. The holes were angled, which made this a more dangerous trap, as I couldn't see if there were also holes that aimed straight out from the wall. It was just too dark to be sure.

So I devised a plan. I would stand off to the side, some eight or ten paces away, and set the rope on fire. As soon as I did I would have to jump to the side to avoid the trap, which was either going to be darts or fixed spears as far as I could tell. I would be safe from the spears. I was too far away. But darts could still present a problem if I didn't move quickly enough.

And that's what my heart is beating so hard right now. I set the rope alight, and as I jump to the side a half dozen darts flew past my face. Even one more second standing in that spot and I would be dead right now. My nerves are spent, but hopefully there is something worthwhile in the chest. Hopefully it's not locked.

BIGwooly

Sundas Afternoon / Unknown Ruin

After spending half the night clearing out the ruins I spent half the day sleeping. Now I'm starving. I was hoping to find some food inside the ruins, but I wasn't so lucky. The chest, it turns out, had a very nice crown inside. Very expensive looking. But once again I just didn't have anywhere to stow it, so I had to leave it behind.

On the way out I was nearly killed by yet another trap. I have no idea how, but somehow I missed this one on the way in. It was a pressure plate in the floor, and it activated a log in the ceiling. Designed to smash a man's face in .. or a woman's. I happened to step on it on the way back out, because I was in a hurry to get myself to bed. Luckily, because I was in a hurry I was out of harm's way when the trap went off. If I believed in the gods I would be thanking them right now.

But I had a decent enough sleep after all of that. And of course after I moved the three bodies outside. Not a good idea to leave them in plain view. If any other bandits from this group were to show up in the morning and they saw the bodies, they'd get a free warning that something was amiss.

But no one showed up in the night, or this morning, or this afternoon. And the bodies are still tucked away nicely in the bushes. So my first order of the day is to find breakfast. I'm starving.

BIGwooly

Sundas Afternoon / Unknown Cave

After running across a stormcloak camp and finding they had no food for sale, I managed to come across a roaming hunter just a while later. He didn't have much. Just a pheasant breast. But I bought it and ate it. A little bit over the fire and it was edible. Not tasty, but edible.

Now I'm at a cave I've found, just off the road. I have a good feeling this is the cave the Avani are in. I plan to head on down to Ivarstead to spend the night, but I think I'll poke my head inside and take a peek first.

BIGwooly

Sundas Evening / Village of Ivarstead

I found the cave. Not far inside I ran into a man who I put down with fire alone. And I could tell what he was. A vampire's thrall. A servant of the undead. This has to be the cave.

But I stuck to the plan and left the cave. I'll return tomorrow when I'm rested and my belly is full. Oddly enough on the way to Ivarstead I passed an abandoned shack. It seemed so familiar but I couldn't figure out why. And then I realized. A barrel full of potions, another full of ingredients. Khajiit hair all over the place. I do believe a previous owner of this very journal called that shack home at one point. Small world.

BIGwooly

Morndas Noon / Unknown Cave

I've confirmed it.

After returning to the cave I ran into one of the Avani. She came after me but I used my flame to keep her at bay, and her weakness to fire was the end of her. I had planned to continue further into the cave, but this vampire had several expensive jewels on her. So I'm headed back to Riverwood to sell them off. I'll probably end up spending the night there and will return in the morning.

I have three samples of vampire ash now.

BIGwooly

Morndas Evening / Village of Riverwood

Made my sales and still had daylight left. Not much to do in this little town, so I just wandered around looking for trouble. And that led me to an elf at the local woodmill. It seems he has feelings for a girl in town and so does the inn's bard. Any other day I would have walked away from this sniveling elf. But I had nothing better to do than listen to his plan to ruin the bard's reputation.

He had fabricated a fake letter, and wanted me to deliver it to the girl and say it was from the bard. Again, it's not something I would do any other time, because I don't care. I mean, who has time for fawning over the opposite sex? I'm just trying to stay alive and keep my feet underneath me on a daily basis.

But I took the letter, and decided to have a chat with the bard before I did anything else. I wasn't too fond of this elf and it was possible the bard would sway my actions. But he didn't. He was a typical bard. More interested in telling stories of other people doing things than doing anything himself. I really can't stand bards.

So after a short conversation I delivered the letter to the girl. She had the predicted reaction and I laughed a bit inside. These small town people really need to realize that there are bigger things out there than themselves.

The elf found me and I confirmed the letter had been delivered. He actually gave me some gold for helping him out. Little did he know, I did it for fun. But I'll take gold.

Honourman

If you are going to London, you can borrow my xBox!

Headed to Europe for 3 weeks so no updates 'til I get back. Sorry! d;-)
11mb3mu.jpg

Soulcano

Don't think I've ever posted on your journal threads before. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Hrisskar's. It inspired me to incorporate many of your restrictions into my own games.

Hope you are enjoying the new play style, it's a pleasure to follow. An excellent concept.

Oh yeah, hurry back!

Baelor

Fredas ~ The Shack

Khajit is tired from chasing butterflies all day. But butterfly wings are worth sore muscles. Khajit makes good potions from them.

Ji'Jarra walked many hours today, over hills and through forests, but she did not stray too far from her home. This land is too dangerous to explore too readily.

Ji'Jarra did happen to meet another khajit. This one isn't so fond of others, even other khajit, but it has been many days since her eyes have seen another. His name was M'aiq. He was a good khajit. Gave this one many laughs. His speech was welcome, even if the conversation was short.

More hours of walking brought this one back home as the sun was fading. She mixed up some potions and stored them, and stored the extra ingredients. Ji'Jarra is happy her home has two barrels for storage. Makes this one's life much easier.

Now to bed for a few hours to get some rest before she looks for the mage on the hill. This one hopes to be stealthy and not need her steel or her lungs.

Are all barrels/chests inside buildings safe to store things in? I am always afraid they will disappear unless it is your house or your spouse's house.

BIGwooly

Don't think I've ever posted on your journal threads before. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Hrisskar's. It inspired me to incorporate many of your restrictions into my own games.

Hope you are enjoying the new play style, it's a pleasure to follow. An excellent concept.

Oh yeah, hurry back!

Thank you! Glad you gave the restriction a try. Hope you're liking the new journal. d;-)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts