Immortal Words - Saurano Direnni

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

Middas ~ The Shack

Early this morning this one finally made it to bed, so all day she slept. She awoke late this afternoon, and walked outside to stretch her legs and swing her tail. On the road out front a horse lay dead. This one's guard went up, and she carefully checked all around, but all was clear. Very strange to find a horse dead in front of one's house.

After this strange encounter she hiked back to the river near the village and spent several hours fishing. Many fish this cat caught, but none good for food. This one's belly is aching again.

Dried off an walked back to the shack. Made a few potions from fish and herbs for this one's stamina. These will be useful when running away and running out of breath. Khajit likes to have air in her lungs.

Khajit also likes to have food in her belly. She is headed to the village tonight to see if she can take some food. A sweet roll and some salmon steaks would be perfect.

BIGwooly

Turdas ~ The Shack

Sneaking into the village was child's play. Staying hidden was a bit more of a challenge. The stormcloak guards make routine rounds throughout the scattering of buildings, and they are alert even in the near pitch-black of middle of the night.

This one did well to make it to one of the farms. All guards avoided. All quiet in the village. So she gathered wheat, tasting a bit of it to try and determine what it's effects in potion form would be. Ahh, this one was pleased to detect the properties of health restoration. Very valuable and useful indeed. This farmer will have to continue to provide me with wheat to make my own.

Potatoes found this one's hands next. Ji'Jarra doesn't much like the taste of potatoes straight from the ground, but when her belly hurts her tongue is allowed to be less picky.

Khajit decided to take only a small portion of wheat this time. No sense giving the guards more reason to be more alert. And speaking of guards, one managed to come across this one as she was contemplating stabbing a chicken. Her hunger distracted her for a moment too long.

The guard tried to grab this cat's paw, but she is quick. Too quick for a dull nord in such darkness. He drew his weapon but she was already off and running. Arrows called out for her but none found her as she streaked through the darkness back to the bridge.

With the guards on full alert this one didn't dare go back to try and take more food. It was okay. This one had hung onto the wheat even as the arrows struck the trees all around her. And the wheat, once combined properly with right wildflower, resulted in a hearty health potion. This one can sip this potion for the next several days and not be hungry. Although her mind and tongue will still crave something with a better taste.

Maybe tonight khajit will sneak back into the village and find herself something more flavorful.

BIGwooly

Turdas ~ The Great River

This morning Ji'Jarra set out to investigate upstream of the village. She walked it's banks and gathered herbs. She watched elk and deer and moose bound in all directions. It was a glorious morning. And for once this one was not chased by something that wanted to kill her.

Up the river she found a bridge, and up the road from the bridge she found a camp. A small camp with a single tent a still smoldering fire. Whoever's camp it was, they were still close by.

This one saw two men downhill from the camp. There were on a small island in the river with a boat next to them. They appeared to be searching for something. This khajit doesn't normally talk to strangers. Strangers don't usually like khajit. But for some reason this morning she thought it wise to say hello. She was hoping they would barter, but they had no interest in that.

The nearest had a mace in his hand before Ji'Jarra could take a step back. He charged at her and she ran. She ran all the way back to the bridge, and then downstream a ways. And then she hid, and waited.

After a few hours khajit returned to the camp. The men were back at work on the island below. So khajit happily searched through their sacks and barrels and made what was theirs her own.

On top of one of the barrels was a note. It had no author but directed the men to searched the island, which is what they were doing. No doubt there is something valuable buried on that island, and these men were to retrieve it. Perhaps Ji'Jarra should have it. Perhaps she should come back with the darkness and with poisoned blade.

Some time later, while exploring a bit further this one came across a man lying on the road. There was an overturned cart nearby, with sacks strewn across the road. This is what had drawn her attention. Not the man lying on the side of the road.

The man was quick to explain that bandits had attacked him. He asked this one to help him get back to his camp safely. Who asks a khajit to do anything for them?

The man was insistent and nearly begging for Ji'Jarra's help. But look at this one. Her frame is small and her muscles meager. She has but a dagger for a weapon and barely any armor. No one treads on the small branches when up in a tree. One places their feet on the larger branches. For safety.

Khajit had a bad feeling about this man. Khajit is sneaky too, and knows when she is being trapped. This man's fate was too convenient, and his manner too insistent. He didn't even collect his belongings from the cart as he walked away and pleaded for this one to follow.

It was a trap to lure her to a place where he and his other bandit friends could ambush her. This one knows it. Khajit doesn't enjoy being ambushed.

BIGwooly

Turdas ~ The Great River

Ji'Jarra decided to wait until dusk to trick the men on the island. She needed light for them to see her, but would need darkness soon after. Her plan was to entice the men on the island into chasing her, and she would lead them away from the island, past the camp and over the bridge. This one would then double back on them and outrun them back to the island in the dark. She could then take whatever they had found and slip away into the darkness. All without having to get blood on her blade. Or theirs.

It certainly wouldn't have been wise for khajit to take on two men at one time. Khajit is not a fighter. That's not to say this one cannot fight. But it is not her specialty. Why risk one's life unnecessarily? Much better to take something without exposing yourself to combat.

But Ji'Jarra is disappointed. Her plan failed. The men on the island are not as dumb as she had hoped. They were smart enough to draw their weapons and take defensive positions. They refused to the leave the island. Violence is the only recourse now, and like the men on the island, this cat is not without a brain. She will get into a fight where she has the disadvantage.

Back to the shack for now.

BIGwooly

Turdas - The Shack

Ji'Jarra considered sneaking into the village tonight to take some more wheat. But a guard on the bridge spotted her approaching and chased her away.

So she ran off and headed back to her shack to spend the night. But just outside her home stood a great elk. This one couldn't pass up the opportunity to try for the kill, and for some time she chased the animal. She struck it any time she could get close, and then chased after it again.

Finally she trapped it against some rocks and finished the magnificent creature. Khajit was about to skin it when she heard a voice. A nord voice. The guard had managed to catch up to her and find her. By the moons! This one doesn't know how!

So fled again, down the road and into the trees. Arrows chased after her but all them missed. Ji'Jarra can make herself a hard target when she needs to.

It didn't take much time for this one to lose the nord in the dark. Nords are strong good with weapons, but they cannot see as this one can in the dark. This one watched from atop a cliff as the village guard slowly walked back down the road. His frustration is her joy.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I remember the first time I successfully felled an elk. I'd been chasing the things for my entire gaming experience and had never once managed to kill one...until my most recent character. It took me totally by surprise. I was just walking along down the road to Whiterun, when I came upon one of them and decided to have a go at it, just for fun and because my pack could use the meat. I drew my bow and carefully snuck up behind it. I fired one arrow and down it went. As it fell, I went "Woooo!" aloud and dashed to nab my prize. That night I had one of the most delicious dinners I'd ever had in Skyrim. Kudos to you for taking one at close-range!

BIGwooly

Hrisskar had to kill elk and deer by chasing them down with his bare hands. THAT was crazy tough! d;-)

And just in case it wasn't clear Ji'Jarra really was nearly killed by that mage .. TWICE. I don't think I've ever gripped a controller so hard in my life, and literally willed her to survive. There were at least 3 or 4 moments that I remember thinking, "Well, that was a short character life." She was that close to being killed. I still get a pit in my stomach thinking about it, lol.

makoman8

Haha, was wondering just how tense you had to be running from that mage. Did you pull up the skill sheet to see how much life you had? I think I see what you're doing with the book in order to continue the story across DiD characters, but I can't imagine the stress of being that close after only a few hours!

BIGwooly

Haha, was wondering just how tense you had to be running from that mage. Did you pull up the skill sheet to see how much life you had? I think I see what you're doing with the book in order to continue the story across DiD characters, but I can't imagine the stress of being that close after only a few hours!

Yes, I pulled the skill tree up 3 times. All three times she was at less than 10 health. It was a crazy ride!

BIGwooly

Fredas ~ The Shack

This one awoke this morning with this book on her mind. She nearly died at the hands of a mage the other day, and yet this book has the power to save her. She she only requires to have the gem in this one's paws as well.

Ji'Jarra remembers watching the mage perform his ritual in the depths of the dark cavern. She remembers the poor redguard fool that died at his hands, and remembers how his soul left his body with visible agony. It must have been at that moment that the sorcerer did his deed, and gave power to the book. If only this one had seen the gem. Then she would have known to take it.

The cavern had been dark, and even with khajit's night eyes she can't recall the wizard's face. His hooded robe covered all but the long nose of an altmer, which protruded like a spear. He had gray hair, with little hair on top of his head. She remembers that. The mage slept without his hood on, and she had seen his bare head from behind as she snuck her paws into his satchel.

So could the mage from the other day be one and the same? This one doesn't know for sure. This mage had also worn a hood that covered all but his nose. Khajit never saw his hair, or the top of his head. Khajit only saw the gray of painful frost from the mage's palms.

If it was the same mage, then how had he found this one? By the luck of the moons? Or some diabolical magic linked to this book?

Khajit does not know, but she must find out. It is hard to sleep at night when one does not know if they will be visited in the darkness by a vengeful altmer. But how to find out? Kill the mage? This one does not have the ability she assumes. Perhaps a more stealthy approach. Perhaps tonight, when the moons are high and the air is still.

BIGwooly

Fredas ~ The Shack

Khajit is tired from chasing butterflies all day. But butterfly wings are worth sore muscles. Khajit makes good potions from them.

Ji'Jarra walked many hours today, over hills and through forests, but she did not stray too far from her home. This land is too dangerous to explore too readily.

Ji'Jarra did happen to meet another khajit. This one isn't so fond of others, even other khajit, but it has been many days since her eyes have seen another. His name was M'aiq. He was a good khajit. Gave this one many laughs. His speech was welcome, even if the conversation was short.

More hours of walking brought this one back home as the sun was fading. She mixed up some potions and stored them, and stored the extra ingredients. Ji'Jarra is happy her home has two barrels for storage. Makes this one's life much easier.

Now to bed for a few hours to get some rest before she looks for the mage on the hill. This one hopes to be stealthy and not need her steel or her lungs.

This is pretty cool, when I can figure out whats happening. Are these two different characters? If so, are you actively using the other one, or is he coming into play when (or if) the khajit dies?

BIGwooly

This is pretty cool, when I can figure out whats happening. Are these two different characters? If so, are you actively using the other one, or is he coming into play when (or if) the khajit dies?

The journal will hopefully play out and help explain things, but just to help out a bit ...

The journal was created by a powerful mage named Saurano Direnni. No sooner had he created the journal and made his first entry (which you can read), than he had it stolen by the character I'm playing .. Ji'Jarra .. who had no idea what she was stealing. She just steals because she can't help it. d;-)

That's all I can say for now.

BIGwooly

Loredas ~ The Shack

A night filled with tension. Such slow steps to climb the hill, this one's eyes straining to see through the trees. Even with night eyes it is not an easy task.

But finally she made it to the top of the hill, and still she held her breath as she searched the area. There was a strange alter, made of a barrel surrounded by a rib cage, with a bird next on top of the barrel. A small box was next to the alter, and this one's paws found several bird eggs and a gem. It was not the gem she sought. It was not black as the bottom of the sea. But it did have a power inside it. Some previous life trapped inside crystal.

There was no mage atop the hill. He had either left for good or was somewhere else sleeping peacefully. This one doesn't know. This one is both relieved and frustrated, though. She had hope to find the mage and find the dark gem, but she was also happy the ordeal was over and her life was still hers. After all, if the mage can confine one person's soul to a gem then he could confine this one's. What a horrible fate that would be! Khajit would be very sad to be unable to chase butterflies all day.

Ji'Jarra decided to wait all night to see if the mage showed up in the morning. She found a good spot in the rocks where she could see easily but escape quickly as well. But as the sky brightened and the birds found their voices the mage did not appear. Sad. Relieved.

So khajit spent the rest of the morning searching for ingredients on and around the big hill. She found good amounts of flowers and mushrooms, and even some canis root. And then she found something else. This one's eyes fell upon a camp. A single tent with a fire no longer lit.

Ji'Jarra crept up carefully, using her tail for balance. But camp was empty. A body lay over a stump with an axe next to it. Khajit saw blood everywhere. An accident she thought at first, but then remember the gem in her bag. This camp was close to the alter on the hill. Perhaps the mage had killed this fellow while he was chopping wood for the fire. Perhaps his soul was now in the gem this one carried.

BIGwooly

Sundas ~ The Shack

Ji'Jarra slept for a few hours in the afternoon, then she went to the village once night had come. She snuck across the bridge and around the back of the first house. No guards had spotted this one. Not yet.

To the front door she crept. Hidden by shadows. Silenced by soft steps. The lock was easily thwarted. This one only broke a single lockpick. Inside she went.

There were two beds inside the home. One was empty and the other not. This one was careful to tip toe through the home, taking what she could. A bit of food, a useful ingredient, some nice clothes, all found their way into her bag. The man in the bed stirred every now and then, but he never awoke.

Ji'Jarra was happy with what she took, and was at the door and ready to leave. But she looked back at the man in the bed. Surely he had something of value to make her own.

So she crept up to his bed, holding her breath and watching him with the utmost intensity. Khajit's eyes were drawn to his fingers. Two very nice rings called out to her to take them. So with feather fingers she slid each from it's finger, one by one.

Then across the bridge this one ran, careful to avoid two guards at first. Back to the shack where she tried on the silver ring and felt it's value. Khajit enjoys having nice things, and now she has expensive clothes and a valuable ring. She will sleep well tonight.

BIGwooly

Morndas ~ The Shack

Today Ji'Jarra traveled high up a nearby mountain. She found another shack, this one with a closed door. The door was not locked, so she snuck inside with the ease of a breeze through a crack.

There was a man and a boy inside, and the man was not happy to see this cat in his home. So Ji'Jarra left quickly. Not that there was any reason to stay. This one saw nothing worth taking.

Outside again khajit looked around, and spotted a woodpile near the shack. She investigated, not expecting to find anything. But she did. Happy.

On the stump was a circlet. An enchanted circlet. Worth at least a thousand septims. Perfect for a mage, if this one can properly sense the attributes of such a thing. Making all spells easier to cast. This one doesn't know magic, though. Khajit are not good with such things. Better at taking things this one is.

So back to the shack this evening, with diadem in her possession. Many things in this one's shack now. It would be good for her to find someone to sell some things to. Things are nice but gold is better.

Where can this one find someone to barter with? Khajit are not allowed in towns and villages. Ignorant nords and their attitudes. They only have love for themselves. Not for khajit. Not for dunmer. Not for argonian. Not for imperial. There will be a civil war in Skyrim if the nords continue their way against the empire. There was civil war in Elsweyr once. It was not good for anyone.

Such thoughts are not good for this one. She will sleep and look for someone to barter with in the morning.

Kaleia

Just a warning, most places reset the containers after a while. Unless you chose a location that doesn't?

BIGwooly

Just a warning, most places reset the containers after a while. Unless you chose a location that doesn't?

Yup. I would consider that theft. d;-) That said, I think as long as you are placing things in the container it pushes back the reset. I could be wrong, but it seems to work that way.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
Yup. I would consider that theft. d;-) That said, I think as long as you are placing things in the container it pushes back the reset. I could be wrong, but it seems to work that way.
Pretty sure that is the case. Only been if I don't check for 2 to 3 weeks in-game that it resets. But like you said, easy enough to role play it as theft. :)