Politics, Politics, Politics

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mjoll Abuser

Obey me!
Well, all politicians lie, this is a fact of life but I think between the two of them, Mitt takes the cake. Considering Mitt and Obama are the two most popular ones and most likely for anyone of them to be elected, its a question of who is the lesser evil.

Mitt Romney has stated he doesn't care for poor people and/or middle class so you have to wonder what he'll do when he is in power, I'm sure he'll give a boost to the rich while Obama is looking to tax upper class.

It all comes down to your personal beliefs, really. I, for one, would not want someone like Mitt Romney heading my country for the reasons I've stated above.

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

I found this, which is pretty good showing the differences and only reinforced my support for Obama.

Fair enough, and I do agree it is "the lesser of two evils."

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Ever heard of the 35% death tax? If Obama gets elected again they are going to raise it to 55%. Fact. Do you think the government has the right to take YOUR money from you when you die? Money that you have earned with blood, sweat, and tears over your entire life? Liberals take your money even after your dead for crying out loud!!!

If any asset is left to a spouse in a will, that tax usually does not apply, and up to 5 million dollars can be exempt from the death tax in this way. Plus, the death tax goes all the way back to ancient Egypt, and the modern day death tax started with legislation in 1916. The first time it was introduced in the states was in 1862, to help pay for the costs of the civil war. It's been around through democratic and republican presidents for the past 100 years, so if your trying to say it's just liberals taking your money away after you die, you're wrong.

Liberal mindset: "The role of the U.S. government is to give money to countries who do not support us."

That money doesn't begin to compare to the amount we spend on our military: 20 billion dollars a month to fight people that use improvised explosives and out-dated military hardware. The money we give to those countries is a direct result of fighting battles that reap no assets, to help the people rebuild their societies after we demolish their dictator's armies, and to gain more support from the shattered populace that those dictators exploited.

"people who do not pay taxes."

You mean corporations and presidential candidates who put their money in off-shore accounts?

"and to people who do not respect the Constitution."

The Constitution empowered big government. It prevented religion and the corrupted wealthy from taking control of the populace, which is something that you need a powerful, fair government for, otherwise people's rights get trampled on. The Constitution is everything the Republicans fight against! Our founding fathers were trying to get away from the old monotheistic aristocracies and monarchies in Europe, because they they were despotic regimes ruled by people who had all the money and all the power. Sure, Democrats fight against the right to bear arms, which is something I don't agree with them on... but let me ask you this Mjoll: Would it be better to be ruled by a REGULATED government with elected individuals, or an UNREGULATED free market with CEOs that are not elected into power?

Liberal mindset: "We will tax the middle class and people with success, because they do not deserve it."

Obama CUT TAXES for 95% of Americans. That is an indisputable fact. The ones who tried raising taxes on the middle class were Republicans. They are promoting a bill that would extend the Bush tax cuts for the richest Americans, while eliminating benefits and tax breaks for the working poor and middle class. This can be seen here:

are-senate-republicans-trying-to-increase-taxes-on-the-middle-class

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Ever heard of the 35% death tax? If Obama gets elected again they are going to raise it to 55%.

Fact.

A tax on inheritance isn't a bad idea if you ask me, but 35% is too much. I think 10% is a little fairer, just like the Jarls of Skyrim do. I get what you mean about how you want to keep all the money you earn, I feel the same way. But I also think that a nation without taxes would lead to all goods and services provided by private companies, and when it comes to services such as welfare, education, healthcare and security such as police and military, then you start running into serious problems. The only way these services can be profitable is if they serve those who can pay for it, therefore leaving a lot of people without these essential services.

So taxes are needed in order to make sure people have what they need to stay alive, and have an opportunity to make a better life for themselves if they work hard. Obviously welfare shouldn't be so high that unemployed people are comfortable, but enough so that they can eat and have a roof over their head, and search for work themselves

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Lol.

If someone has to put the word "Fact" after a statement, then you know they're pulling it out of their ass.

In order to be qualified as a fact, a valid reference must be provided. ;)

What bothers me most about Romney is that he has no reason for becoming President other than personal ambition. That and wanting to do something his daddy couldn't. Remember the last spoiled little rich boy, with daddy issues, that we elected?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
If I post my beliefs, I'm going to be hated for the end of days and people are going to be pissed. Here you go:

I'm republican. I do not believe in killing babies. I do not believe in the crap they call Darwinism. I do not believe Obama is a man, rather he is an alien in disguise sent to ruin our country. So either he's a complete idiot, or he is trying to ruin America and in that case he's a genius.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
If I post my beliefs, I'm going to be hated for the end of days and people are going to be pissed. Here you go:

I'm republican. I do not believe in killing babies. I do not believe in the crap they call Darwinism. I do not believe Obama is a man, rather he is an alien in disguise sent to ruin our country. So either he's a complete idiot, or he is trying to ruin America and in that case he's a genius.

Are you serious?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Election time is getting closer guys. If you haven't made up your mind by now, I want to know why. Do you undecideds even vote? If not, GET THE HELL OFF OF YOUR ASS AND VOTE FOR ONCE!

Here's my two cents on it: The parties are so extreme nowadays that you HAVE to make up your mind. Quit being so lethargic, and apathetic. I know, I know, it's cool to be a "douchebag that doesn't care if Armageddon is staring you in the face" these days, but HOLY JUMPED-UP JESUS PALOMINO you have to WAKE THE HELL UP and start paying attention to what's going on! If you don't like Fox News, watch MSNBC or CNN. Better yet, watch all of them when you get a few minutes of free time, away from sitting on your butts playing your 9th character build in Skyrim!

I know I sound like I'm bitching right now..... It's because I am!!!! I was the person that got screwed when Bush got re-elected. The American public might get what it deserves for not paying attention to what's actually going on (THE CORPORATE TAKE-OVER OF THE GOVERNMENT AND THE WORLD!!!!), the problem is I actually see what's happening and I GET WHAT YOU DESERVE TOO.

Don't just sit there and let this happen again, young people! Get involved, and help us to not go back to the middle ages. In real life, medieval times weren't as romantic as they are Skyrim. Peasants didn't have magic or the ability to shout down and destroy monarchs that made them work for nothing. Who..are..you?

Do you want to go back to the days of child labor? Of non-existent rights for workers? Of women performing abortions on themselves in back alleys with coat hangars? Do you want us to ship what jobs we have left over to China and India because corporations make more money that way? Do you want to live in a corporate arcology slaving away your entire existence for nothing, while the masses starve around you, and when they try to do something about it, corporate security forces slaughter them before your very eyes? Then vote Republican, or don't vote at all.

In 2008, which was one of the best voter turn-out elections in history, only 49% of registered voters from the ages of 18-24 actually voted, compared to an average of around 70% for all older voters. My main point? Young people need to get more involved in politics, or by the time you're going to retire, there won't be a country left.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Election time is getting closer guys. If you haven't made up your mind by now, I want to know why. Do you undecideds even vote? If not, GET THE HELL OFF OF YOUR ASS AND VOTE FOR ONCE!

Here's my two cents on it: The parties are so extreme nowadays that you HAVE to make up your mind. Quit being so lethargic, and apathetic. I know, I know, it's cool to be a "douchebag that doesn't care if Armageddon is staring you in the face" these days, but HOLY JUMPED-UP JESUS PALOMINO you have to WAKE THE HELL UP and start paying attention to what's going on! If you don't like Fox News, watch MSNBC or CNN. Better yet, watch all of them when you get a few minutes of free time, away from sitting on your butts playing your 9th character build in Skyrim!

I know I sound like I'm bitching right now..... It's because I am!!!! I was the person that got screwed when Bush got re-elected. The American public might get what it deserves for not paying attention to what's actually going on (THE CORPORATE TAKE-OVER OF THE GOVERNMENT AND THE WORLD!!!!), the problem is I actually see what's happening and I GET WHAT YOU DESERVE TOO.

Don't just sit there and let this happen again, young people! Get involved, and help us to not go back to the middle ages. In real life, medieval times weren't as romantic as they are Skyrim. Peasants didn't have magic or the ability to shout down and destroy monarchs that made them work for nothing. Who..are..you?

Do you want to go back to the days of child labor? Of non-existent rights for workers? Of women performing abortions on themselves in back alleys with coat hangars? Do you want us to ship what jobs we have left over to China and India because corporations make more money that way? Do you want to live in a corporate arcology slaving away your entire existence for nothing, while the masses starve around you, and when they try to do something about it, corporate security forces slaughter them before your very eyes? Then vote Republican, or don't vote at all.

In 2008, which was one of the best voter turn-out elections in history, only 49% of registered voters from the ages of 18-24 actually voted, compared to an average of around 70% for all older voters. My main point? Young people need to get more involved in politics, or by the time you're going to retire, there won't be a country left.

This. A million, billion times this. I can't stress how much I agree with this post.

Then vote Republican, or don't vote at all.

Thank you very much.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Thank you very much.

What I really meant was that if you vote republican your sending us back to those times. Just so everyone gets it straight. I'm not saying you didn't get the point of my message, btw.

EDIT: I was drinking when I made that post above. Looking at it now, it just seems unnecessarily angry lol

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
ULFRIC 2012

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
ULFRIC 2012

I hope you fall in a pit and have it close up around you as it slowly gets hotter and hotter until you're about to burn to death, then drop to -200 degrees and the sudden change in temperature kills you.

Just kidding but you're still wrong.