Politics, Politics, Politics

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

My good sir, you clearly are not skilled in the ways of sarcasm.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
My good sir, you clearly are not skilled in the ways of sarcasm.

If anybody else had said that I would've assumed it was. However :

I'm republican. I do not believe in killing babies. I do not believe in the crap they call Darwinism. I do not believe Obama is a man, rather he is an alien in disguise sent to ruin our country. So either he's a complete idiot, or he is trying to ruin America and in that case he's a genius.

I've realized anything is possible from you.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
If anybody else had said that I would've assumed it was. However :

I've realized anything is possible from you.

I try to keep people guessing.

To be serious though, while I don't believe homosexuality is right (Christian), the minute we outlaw gay marriage is the minute we go against the very principles this country was founded on.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
There is no such thing as a "typical" liberal just as there is no such thing as a typical conservative. We all have varied ideas and opinions. The need to put people in easily recognized stereotypes is a sign of a shallow mind. It is an easy habit to fall into though. I find myself wanting to class all Christians as being arrogant assholes. However, I realize that some of them are quite nice.

BTW, if you think ASS is a naughty word, don't ever join the military. You'll spend most of your time with your hands over your ears.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I try to keep people guessing.

To be serious though, while I don't believe homosexuality is right (Christian), the minute we outlaw gay marriage is the minute we go against the very principles this country was founded on.

This is why religion needs to stay out of politics. Separation of church and state, like the founding fathers intended. I don't think abortion is "right". No liberal is "pro-abortion". But we realize the necessity of abortion in a truly free country, especially in extreme cases such as rape and incest, therefore we are pro-choice. If we take away that right, it won't stop abortion. Women will still give themselves abortions. It will just be in an unsafe, unsanitary environment.

If true Christians really followed everything in the Bible, they wouldn't wear clothing of two different materials. They would make animal sacrifices to God weekly to appease Him. They would be against the rights of not only homosexuals, but also women (which is why you see women having it so "good" in Islamic cultures, because they are controlled by Fundamentalism), and they would also be for democratic policy that gave more wealth to the poor. Jesus in the New Testament was about as big of a sandal wearing hippie as you could be. He CONSISTENTLY preached against wealth, and believed you should give away all of your earthly belongings. "I tell you the truth. It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God". (Matthew 19:23-24)

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
[quote="shadowqueenMedea, post: 202340, member: 9529" They would make animal sacrifices to God weekly to appease Him. [/quote]

I think you need to study the Bible a little more.

In the old testament, yes, animal sacrifices were common. That's why God sent Jesus to Earth to die for our sins.

I really don't care whether or not you believe it, but please get your facts straight.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
[quote="shadowqueenMedea, post: 202340, member: 9529" They would make animal sacrifices to God weekly to appease Him.

I think you need to study the Bible a little more.

In the old testament, yes, animal sacrifices were common. That's why God sent Jesus to Earth to die for our sins.

I really don't care whether or not you believe it, but please get your facts straight.

I agree with the rest of your post though.[/quote]

That may have been the only part of my post that was inaccurate, but can you really point out the part in the Bible where it said animal sacrifices were no longer needed after Jesus was sent to earth?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
That may have been the only part of my post that was inaccurate, but can you really point out the part in the Bible where it said animal sacrifices were no longer needed after Jesus was sent to earth?

Not by heart, no. But it is in the Bible, somewhere.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I'm not sure exactly where, but the New Testament cancels out most of the old testament in terms of (e.g.) clothes with two different fabrics and stoning women and such.

Honestly, the Bible should be left out of politics one hundred percent, not just abortion or gay rights.
This is why religion needs to stay out of politics. Separation of church and state, like the founding fathers intended.

Actually there are a lot of things the government should supposedly stay out of according to the Constitution. I'll have to see if I can find it, but I read an argument about politics and they had a good point. They said that the Constitition says that the government shouldn't be governing the little things (basically) and that the government is there to keep the country safe and control the military and some other things. I don't think gay marriage falls under that.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I'm not sure exactly where, but the New Testament cancels out most of the old testament in terms of (e.g.) clothes with two different fabrics and stoning women and such.

Honestly, the Bible should be left out of politics one hundred percent, not just abortion or gay rights.

Actually there are a lot of things the government should supposedly stay out of according to the Constitution. I'll have to see if I can find it, but I read an argument about politics and they had a good point. They said that the Constitition says that the government shouldn't be governing the little things (basically) and that the government is there to keep the country safe and control the military and some other things. I don't think gay marriage falls under that.

Yep, The States should have Power over what the people of that state feel is should .. or feel is should do.

(as Intended by our Forfathers) In state Goverments, People have alot more power to vote infavor of policies with the state rather than the Federal Goverment. For Instance, If you are Liberal, does it ever make you feel pissed that "Texas" has more say (aka eletoral votes) what the Federal Goverment tells you what to do then your own state?

That's is why the States should TOTALLY Be protected, and that gives voters alot more say over their own way of life.

(Sorry, Gonna Take a Jab, But Obama's administration has shown the TOTAL Opposite except on Gay Marriage....that's not my opinion, that is exactly how he is)

I also think Religion should stay out of Politics. I blame Jerry Faldwell from the 80's with calling Christians to make political stands or "Go to a fiery Hell!". (Truth Is, The whole Christain coalition is against the Teachings of Christ as well) The Real Reason isn't that Religion ruins Politics... it's that Politics ruins religion. Sacred traditions should never fall in the "Tiff for tat" of our Political brow beating. I don't mind someone Voting with their Religious principles.... But I hate when someone says "Hey Im Christian!! Vote For me!!!"

But back on the State vs Federal Goverment..

...I Honestly Say that Every Citizen of the United States should Have to Say the name of Their State Govenor before they are aloud to vote in the General Elections.

They don't even have to give the full name.. Then can give the First... or Last name.. .Even a Nickname, As long as they have some sort of Idea.

because the Person that Votes in this Election for "Gay marriage" or "Pro-life/Pro-Choice abortions" Is going be a BIG LOOSER No matter WHO Is Elected President.... Sorry.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
Ive believe in being an independent because i thought about both parties and either side can become corrupted at some point, Same thing with religion, I rather believe in only god then believe someone else belief because i see too much corruption in our religious situation also and the bible too, could have been made up or altered at some point in our history so i rather not get into that too... If i get sent to hell that's my fault, if i get sent to purgatory ill be reincarnated xD just kidding :p

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Yeah, most of the weird things in the Old Testament are kind of null now.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Ive believe in being an independent because i thought about both parties and either side can become corrupted at some point, Same thing with religion, I rather believe in only god then believe someone else belief because i see too much corruption in our religious situation also and the bible too, could have been made up or altered at some point in our history so i rather not get into that too... If i get sent to hell that's my fault, if i get sent to purgatory ill be reincarnated xD just kidding :p

That made no sense.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
how doesn't it make no sence? i said I basically said I'm independent in politics and religion :p

It made no sense because English is obviously not your first language.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
Continuing this conversation is probably a bad idea.
You just got Pwned xD... jk but obviously its easy to read, i just have a sence of typing my own style unlike a lot of other people. I developed it when me and my ex were dating and we texted a lot but it just seems natural now because she basically got me to do it. But its only when I'm typing though, hand written letter and everything is a different story, they are nice and neat.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
You just got Pwned xD... jk but obviously its easy to read, i just have a sence of typing my own style unlike a lot of other people. I developed it when me and my ex were dating and we texted a lot but it just seems natural now because she basically got me to do it. But its only when I'm typing though, hand written letter and everything is a different story, they are nice and neat.

I've believe in beling an independent

believe someone else belief

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
WTF??? why did you post everything i said?