Politics, Politics, Politics

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I am all for and will vote infavor of Gay Marriage

as well

I LOOOOVE Chick-fil-a Sammiches!!!!!!

That's right .COME at me BRO!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I am all for and will vote infavor of Gay Marriage

as well

I LOOOOVE Chick-fil-a Sammiches!!!!!!

That's right .COME at me BRO!

OMGZ U LEIK CHIK FILL AY?!?!!?!?! U MUST HATE GAYZ DEN. U SEXIST. GAYZ ARE GUD DARZ NUTIN RONG WIT DEM.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I just watched the first presidential debate. I think both candidates did very well. Of course, I'm a "looney liberal" and I've already made up my mind, but props to Romney. I thought Obama was more specific on the issues but Romney "looked more confident", and many of the media myths about where each candidate stood on a few issues were dispelled tonight.

I watch debates all the time, and both sides always talk up their candidates like they are just going to absolutely CRUSH their opponent in every debate. That's never the way it really is. In this particular debate, the only person that appeared to be dismantled was the moderator! haha.

As far as Obama goes, I know a lot of democrats that want him to be more passionate and attack his opponent (Romney) with more fervor. I don't think Obama is that mean for one thing..... and another reason you'll never see Obama go that route is because he's afraid he'll come off as the "angry black man". He just can't afford to be perceived that way.

Pingu

a.k.a Charlie Goodvibes
Due to timezones I was unable to watch but I just caught small bits of it on the morning news and what struck me was Obama constantly looking down (sometimes even tightening his lip) while Romney was making his points, and that's basicly... beginners mistakes #1 when it comes to debating. To characterize; It makes you look like an ashamed child getting scolded by a parent.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Due to timezones I was unable to watch but I just caught small bits of it on the morning news and what struck me was Obama constantly looking down (sometimes even tightening his lip) while Romney was making his points, and that's basicly... debating mistakes 101. TO characterize; It makes you look like an ashamed child getting scolded by a parent.

I watched about 20 minutes or so and I think its the exact opposite. I found that Romney didn't really debate all that much, but rather tried to make Obama look bad. I think Obama was just ashamed at how his opponent was conducting himself XD.

I don't think either of them won it though, Obama could've been more passionate and clear with what he was saying. Romney was passionate and all, sure, but I still didn't agree with some of his policies. I just can't help but think everything that comes out of his mouth is a verbal illusion and inside all he's thinking is "all these peasants better give me the power I deserve."

Pingu

a.k.a Charlie Goodvibes
That might be true, but to the viewers it might look like a teacher telling a student he's been a ''bad boy screwing up the economy'' is what I'm saying. Politics in the U.S. seem to be all about smearing the opponent, instead of providing the people with solutions and your political ideas. Obama is definately too civil for the American type of politics, 'cause civil is something they haven't been in a long long time.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I just watched the first presidential debate. I think both candidates did very well. Of course, I'm a "looney liberal" and I've already made up my mind, but props to Romney. I thought Obama was more specific on the issues but Romney "looked more confident", and many of the media myths about where each candidate stood on a few issues were dispelled tonight.

I watch debates all the time, and both sides always talk up their candidates like they are just going to absolutely CRUSH their opponent in every debate. That's never the way it really is. In this particular debate, the only person that appeared to be dismantled was the moderator! haha.

As far as Obama goes, I know a lot of democrats that want him to be more passionate and attack his opponent (Romney) with more fervor. I don't think Obama is that mean for one thing..... and another reason you'll never see Obama go that route is because he's afraid he'll come off as the "angry black man". He just can't afford to be perceived that way.

I think Obama was lost without a teleprompter (I counted 27 "ums" before I gave up) and I thought Romney did really well. Obama pulled his weight but the things that Romney was proposing seemed like they'll solve a lot of our problems.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
But at the same time, you can't let Obama bullplops you. Some of the things he said he'd do, he had ALREADY said, but never followed through. I think Romney had a great point about halfway in. "You said you'd cut the national debt in half but instead you've doubled it."

Then Obama starts talking about the pointless spending that's been going on, and yet fails to mention the fact that he's responsible for all of it.

Docta Corvina

I think Obama was lost without a teleprompter (I counted 27 "ums" before I gave up)

As someone who held her own as a Lincoln-Douglas debater, I can tell you that "ums" don't necessarily mean an absence of or difficulty with connected thought. In fact, if anything, it can often point to a deliberate and fruitful concentration on the formation and articulation of the idea to be conveyed. It's not always the case with such filler words, obviously. But the teleprompter accusation seems a weak one when he - his Presidential status aside, even - has demonstrated his intelligence and mental acuity time and time again. I'd much rather endure "ums" than have someone shooting from the hip in their statements and overshooting their mark, if you will. And possibly looking/sounding much too rehearsed or to the contrary, truly looking lost.

All of that rambling is to say that I wouldn't fault him or anyone else for "ums" in such a situation. I wouldn't equate that with being tethered to a teleprompter, which seems to be a popular notion.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief

Seems like a decent guy.

I'm still baffled at the fact that this guy beat out Ron Paul.
I don't understand how he has such a big percentage of votes. He doesn't even know what he's doing. He just keeps changing his tune to try and get more voters.
That's like some people are saying he won the debate last night. All I saw was him bashing Obama and Obama's policies and ignoring the moderator. I would be leaning in Obama's direction if I had to choose who "won" the debate, but I honestly don't think it's possible to get a "winner" in a debate.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I don't understand how he has such a big percentage of votes. He doesn't even know what he's doing. He just keeps changing his tune to try and get more voters.
That's like some people are saying he won the debate last night. All I saw was him bashing Obama and Obama's policies and ignoring the moderator. I would be leaning in Obama's direction if I had to choose who "won" the debate, but I honestly don't think it's possible to get a "winner" in a debate.

I mean, if you judge the debate on who had a better presence and who was more passionate and clearer, then Romney definitely edged out Obama on that front. However, I don't think you truly win debates if your whole game plan is too sit there and try to make your opponent look bad (Whether he was right or wrong about it). Especially in political debates, you should win the people over by the fact that YOUR views are the best, not that your opponents views are worse.

It just begs you to wonder if he flip-flopped so much BEFORE he gets elected President (More of an if, really), who knows what he'll do when he actually wins. I don't believe anything he says when he talks about helping middle/poorer class as this video illustrates:

Its like a white person being racist when he's only with his other white friends, but once he's around one black person, he immediately turns on rap music and tries to relate. I don't think he even knows the value of a dollar, he grew up in a rich family which gave him the money to create a rich business to get even richer. I believe to know the true value of a dollar, you have to go without one.

If only Romney didn't have so many Wall Street connections, I doubt it would have gone so well for him.

Howarthee

I mean, if you judge the debate on who had a better presence and who was more passionate and clearer, then Romney definitely edged out Obama on that front. However, I don't think you truly win debates if your whole game plan is too sit there and try to make your opponent look bad (Whether he was right or wrong about it). Especially in political debates, you should win the people over by the fact that YOUR views are the best, not that your opponents views are worse.

It just begs you to wonder if he flip-flopped so much BEFORE he gets elected President (More of an if, really), who knows what he'll do when he actually wins. I don't believe anything he says when he talks about helping middle/poorer class as this video illustrates:

Its like a white person being racist when he's only with his other white friends, but once he's around one black person, he immediately turns on rap music and tries to relate. I don't think he even knows the value of a dollar, he grew up in a rich family which gave him the money to create a rich business to get even richer. I believe to know the true value of a dollar, you have to go without one.

If only Romney didn't have so many Wall Street connections, I doubt it would have gone so well for him.
I agree with you one hundred percent.He's flip-flopped so much it's almost a surprise he didn't try to say he was a democrat. o_O

I read somewhere that he stated that he wanted people without insurance to use emergency rooms as health care. I don't think he even understands the words emergency room. A lot of health issues can completely avoid the emergency room if people have the insurance/money to go to the doctor regularly.

Mjoll Abuser

Obey me!
Lol.

If someone has to put the word "Fact" after a statement, then you know they're pulling it out of their ass.

In order to be qualified as a fact, a valid reference must be provided. ;)

What bothers me most about Romney is that he has no reason for becoming President other than personal ambition. That and wanting to do something his daddy couldn't. Remember the last spoiled little rich boy, with daddy issues, that we elected?

Hmm...typical liberal needs to use naughty words and condescending statements to make a point. The death tax rise is fairly common knowledge if you have even the tiniest bit of interest in current politics. I don't need to post a link for the uneducated people who don't know about it. You can do your own research.

Mjoll Abuser

Obey me!
I agree with you one hundred percent.He's flip-flopped so much it's almost a surprise he didn't try to say he was a democrat. o_O

Kind of like when Obama decided to all of a sudden support gay marriage? It seems he had an entire life time to make that decision... Awful convenient to have such an awakening at this time in his life* *career

Bottom line is that whatever negative thing you can say about one candidate the other side can come up with just as many. Politicians are corrupt, its in there very nature. All of the so called great presidents have many skeletons in their closets. For example, Lincoln kinda sorta didn't like black people even though we like to say he freed the slaves. It was only after intense pressure that he finally decided to. Kennedy was a depressed abusive man baby who cheated on his wife (Like Clinton). Franklin Roosevelt (and just about all top US military and political advisers during WWII) knew about treatment of Jews by Nazis and did nothing for years.

There has never been, and will never be, a honest president.

Howarthee

Kind of like when Obama decided to all of a sudden support gay marriage? It seems he had an entire life time to make that decision... Awful convenient to have such an awakening at this time in his life* *career

Bottom line is that whatever negative thing you can say about one candidate the other side can come up with just as many. Politicians are corrupt, its in there very nature. All of the so called great presidents have many skeletons in their closets. For example, Lincoln kinda sorta didn't like black people even though we like to say he freed the slaves. It was only after intense pressure that he finally decided to. Kennedy was a depressed abusive man baby who cheated on his wife (Like Clinton). Franklin Roosevelt (and just about all top US military and political advisers during WWII) knew about treatment of Jews by Nazis and did nothing for years.

There has never been, and will never be, a honest president.
That may be true, but to be honest, I don't think gay marriage is as big of a deal as abortion, which Romney has flip-flopped on. I'm definitely not saying that gay marriage isn't a huge issue, but it's not talking about taking away rights to a person's body because of a contraception fail.

And I'm not ignorant to politics. I know that the majority (if not all) of the people who've ever been elected have something they'd want to hide. It's called being human. Everyone has skeletons in the closet.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Hmm...typical liberal needs to use naughty words and condescending statements to make a point. The death tax rise is fairly common knowledge if you have even the tiniest bit of interest in current politics. I don't need to post a link for the uneducated people who don't know about it. You can do your own research.

This.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I'm sure if you made a list of who lied/flip-flopped about this or that, the list for Romney could be a fluffing book. But Gay Marriage? Really? Ffs, good, I'm glad he flip-flopped on that as everyone should if they are against it. It shouldn't be an issue at all, give me one good reason why it shouldn't be allowed and don't quote the bible and don't tell me you don't like it or you're not gay, those aren't valid reasons to take away someone else's rights. Don't nitpick for something trivial as gay marriage.

Still, that's one example, tell me, what do you have to say for all the things Romney made up on the spot in the debate? You want someone like that running your country? The video I linked just earlier is raw proof of how many times Romney likes to switch up his opinion and what a odd time to do that in his life*career. Not too mention how he doesn't give 2 plopss about "poor" people.

I completely agree that all politicians have skeletons in their closets, there is absolutely no exception to that rule but Romney has an entire graveyard in his.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I'm sure if you made a list of who lied/flip-flopped about this or that, the list for Romney could be a f***ing book. But Gay Marriage? Really? Ffs, good, I'm glad he flip-flopped on that as everyone should if they are against it. It shouldn't be an issue at all, give me one good reason why it shouldn't be allowed and don't quote the bible and don't tell me you don't like it or you're not gay, those aren't valid reasons to take away someone else's rights. Don't nitpick for something trivial as gay marriage.

Still, that's one example, tell me, what do you have to say for all the things Romney made up on the spot in the debate? You want someone like that running your country? The video I linked just earlier is raw proof of how many times Romney likes to switch up his opinion and what a odd time to do that in his life*career. Not too mention how he doesn't give 2 plopss about "poor" people.

I completely agree that all politicians have skeletons in their closets, there is absolutely no exception to that rule but Romney has an entire graveyard in his.

I'm not gay and the Bible says being gay is wrong.