• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xanuben

Another wow-moment from yesterday.
I was sorting my loot in Whiterun, at the blacksmith. Dropped some swords for later selling. A guard walks by and goes "Hey, you are not allowed to throw weapons on the ground like this, someone might get hurt! Are we clear?"
I was like... "Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again sir..." and picked them up in shame :sadface:

I knew they'd get upset if I shouted near them, but this... was surprise :p

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Another wow-moment from yesterday.
I was sorting my loot in Whiterun, at the blacksmith. Dropped some swords for later selling. A guard walks by and goes "Hey, you are not allowed to throw weapons on the ground like this, someone might get hurt! Are we clear?"
I was like... "Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again sir..." and picked them up in shame :sadface:

I knew they'd get upset if I shouted near them, but this... was surprise :p

I did that on the road before when I killed some would-be bandits and became encumbered. Some random guy comes up to me and says "Do you want that?" Nah dude you can have it. That was pretty cool.

deffekt

I don't know if mine have been posted yet but hey, that's what makes them MY "wow" moments right? :p

My first major WOW moment, I capitalized it because I literally YELLED "WOW" when it happened, was when I killed the dragon, that I now know is there every 10 days, outside of Dawnstar with the help of a few guards and when it finally died they made comments like "thanks for your help" and "did you see that?" (assuming they were talking about absorbing the dragon's soul) and I was like "hey, thats pretty cool, but nothing new" and then EVERYONE that was outside at the time in Dawnstar ran out to crowd around the body and say stuff like "I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!" and "May the divine have mercy, a dragon!" I thought it was really cool that people who weren't involved but clearly would have SEEN the dragon reacted appropriately outside of combat.

My second WOW moment was a completely random occurance, I was just adventuring around outside of Whiterun to the west killing giants and wildlife galore when I came upon one of the many bandit camps in the area, one of the ones with wooden stake walls and a cave in the back of the camp, I don't care to be specific because this has actually happened a couple times to me but this was the first;
I was sneaking up on the camp perfectly fine, no one was detecting me from the camp because I was dodging behind rocks while I made my approach. Suddenly I was fully detected, eye just shot wide open, even though I was clearly behind cover, just as quickly the eye shuts and I am completely hidden again. At this point I'm a little bit like "wtf is going on" it continues to happen 2 or 3 times and by now I am looking around everywhere to try and find out what has sighted me, figuring it was a dragon or a distant wolf or something, and something caught my eye off to my right. Instead of looking right at it I decided to stay completely still. I noticed that my detection eye did the same little blinky thing again except this time it stayed full and a sabre cat stood up and rushed me. I GOT STALKED BY A FRIGGIN CAT AND IM A KHAJIIT! LOL! I jumped in my seat!
(Note: I can't confirm if this is an actual game function but I am pretty sure I have seen a sabre cat do this to elk in the distance before but I could just be crazy, either way it was trippy as hell!)

My 3rd WOW moment is pretty simple and it happened while I was half afk from the game talking to my roommate. I had my headphones on so I could hear if I got attacked and I was just standing in the entrance of a cave, all dirt supported by wooden beams, one of the ones that makes the ground shifting noises while you walk around. I was mid discussion with my roommate when I heard the ground shift in the game and I heard rocks falling down the cave walls, what I didn't expect was that some of those rocks would collide with a jug and knock it off the shelf it was sitting on. I stopped mid conversation to make sure what I thought had just happened had actually just happened. Reloaded the autosave and watched. My jaw hit the floor. Everyone expects ambient noise in their games and I am more than used to a game having noises like shifting ground while in a cave, falling rocks, moving water, etc. I noticed that the rocks despawn shortly after resting on the ground but it's still awesome that the extra effort was put it.

This game continues to amaze me at every turn, I am level 70 now and although the game has become more of a "grind the abilities I don't use to get to max level" than a questing adventure I still find little things around every corner that amaze and immerse me in the gaming experience. It has been a long time since I felt so immersed in a video game and I can't say it is unwelcome. Sure the game has it's glitches and bugs, but what game doesn't at release? I look forward to the future DLC for this amazing game and I look forward to seeing what else I will discover!

Barnaby Jones
Lvl 70 Khajiit Assassin

Chezzy

I used to play FPS games once...
My 'Wow' moment started when I clicked 'New' on the 13.11.11, my mouth is still very wide open as I see new events occuring everywhere!!! Just.. an amazing game! I have however made one video about my findings :)
I think the video explains in enough detail what happened :D I haven't had chance to look through this whole thread so someone may have had the same experience...

ENJOY! :D

angry_half-ling

Nerevar, God Killer
My 'Wow' moment started when I clicked 'New' on the 13.11.11, my mouth is still very wide open as I see new events occuring everywhere!!! Just.. an amazing game! I have however made one video about my findings :)
I think the video explains in enough detail what happened :D I haven't had chance to look through this whole thread so someone may have had the same experience...

ENJOY! :D
Haha nice. My wow moment was when I got to Riverwood. I started my first real quest and started to walk towards Whiterun. I fell into a river and it actually carried me right in front of Whiterun!

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I've had this game since Day 1 and just when I thought I'd seen it all last night I had 2 WOW moments and a minor WOW moment.

First, I was doing some quests around Riften and I experienced my first full blown Thunderstorm, with Lightning and Thunder. I was in a Birch Grove when I was attacked by a Blood Dragon. So we had this epic fight at night in a Thunderstorm. After I killed it I just set down the controller and was like, WOW that was friggin awesome.

My second WOW moment was travelling back to Windhelm early in the morning. It was dark and dreary like it always is this town and I was going back to the new house I had just bought to see my wife. I was coming up the path to the long bridge and all of a sudden the snow tappers off and the friggin sun comes out. So when I load into the city, I am greeted by a bright blue sky and and sun streaming into Windhelm. I literally WOWED as it has Never and I repeat Never been sunny in this city since I've been playing. I just walked around and marvelled at how much nicer it looks in sunlight.

My third minor wow was when I stumbled upon a Imperial Camp outside of Riften. I wanted to get an accurate number for soldiers so I was skulking the perimeter in the dark. All of a sudden 3 Frostbite Spiders come out of no where and come after me. Well I popped from my hiding spot and bolted right through that Imperial Camp and did a quick zigzag through the tents and clambored up a ridge and hid behind a rock. I got to witness the 3 Frostbite spiders go full out with about 8 Imperial Soldiers and a Horse. It was awesome, in the mayhem they completely forgot about me and I just watched the show. In the end 3 guards were left standing and all else were dead. 3 quick arrows later and I was looting corpses and on my way. I knew the AI would fight each other but that was the first time I saw a really big AI battle.

PaperTulip

When I accidently picked something up that I didn't want at an Imperial Camp, then dropped it. Only to have a 'helpful' soldier give it back to me saying 'you're lucky it was still there'!

skindog

Haha most retarded wow moment just then! I was meandering around near Markarth and came across Bthardamz or something like that (dwemer ruins), and figured I'd go check it out. Then some lady ran up to me and started projectile vomiting green stuff all over me! I was just like WTF GROSS BITCH.

Olaf

Just had my first wow moment. i was doing the quest to find king olaf's verse and made it to the room where king olaf is and like 10 or 15 draugrs spawn with him. before this quest i just completed the quest where you get the dawnbreaker sword. well i take out one of the easier draugrs with the sword and it triggered the explosion of the sword that makes all undead in the area turn and run. naturally this didn't work on king olaf but all of his helpers turned and ran like sissys so i had a nice, hassle free one on one fight with olaf. :) watching a small army of draugers turn and haul ass was effin cool.

Touchstone

Haha most retarded wow moment just then! I was meandering around near Markarth and came across Bthardamz or something like that (dwemer ruins), and figured I'd go check it out. Then some lady ran up to me and started projectile vomiting green stuff all over me! I was just like WTF GROSS BITCH.
What the... what? That is hilarious.

Touchstone

I GOT THE WABBAJACK!

I met Sheogorath in the mind of the mad emperor and THAT WAS A WHOLE LOT OF FUN. I friggin love this game.

Evil Hypnotist

Hi all, saw this thread and had to sign up just to post on it.

This game is full of Wow moments for me, I play the game like a narrative and get completely immersed in it sometimes.

My favourite Wow moments came in my first play. I was walking around outside Whiterun when I spotted my first Mammoth. I knew they were in the game so it wasn't a big surprise, actually I thought "brilliant, I want to kill it". But then, from behind the hill, came another, and another and I realised they were herding! That just blew me away and I just watched them for about 20 mins. I have never done that while playing a game before.

During the same session I was wandering along a path next to a river and noticed it had a waterfall. It looked rather nice so I went for a closer look to find Salmon trying to jump upstream!

The level of immersive detail in this game is staggering. 80hrs in and still wanting more, much more! :D

skindog

Oh goodness, this one's another WTF moment, I was walking along through an area I'd never been to before, and came across a river, in the middle of the river there was a rock, and on the rock there was a female captive wearing nothing, bent over the rock with blood everywhere. I was honestly like "WTF RAPE MUCH??" I took a photo with my super-high quality phone, no joke I did not tamper with this at all, this is exactly how I found her :/

Attachments

• DSC-0044.jpg
    DSC-0044.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Vex

angry_half-ling

Nerevar, God Killer
Oh goodness, this one's another WTF moment, I was walking along through an area I'd never been to before, and came across a river, in the middle of the river there was a rock, and on the rock there was a female captive wearing nothing, bent over the rock with blood everywhere. I was honestly like "WTF RAPE MUCH??" I took a photo with my super-high quality phone, no joke I did not tamper with this at all, this is exactly how I found her :/
WTF that's a messed up random encounter. :O

HrlQuinn

I don't think it's safe here...
My first wow moment was when someone saw me "accidentally" grab some money that wasn't mine. Holy plops, I didn't know these people were in such a terrible mood, geez, it wasn't that much gold either... lol.

misty burnham

my "wow" moment was when i had just bought a new parter and horse because the others were killed by a dragon and i fast traveled to some random cave like area near where i needed to go and as soon as i load it up theres a huge white dragon swooping over head and my first reaction is "oh s**" i just bought these guys! so i run over to where the dragon lands and lucky me there are 3 mammoths and 2 giants fighting it and not me "yay" so we get it almost all the way down and of course it flies around and leaves me half dead already with no chance to heal running away from the mammoths and giants who now want to eat me i had to go through this 3 times until i finally managed to get the dragon over to my area without the giants and mammoths trying to chew on my face it didnt help that is was 3 am and i had turtle beaches on turned all the way up with bass i was soooo freakin scared lol

DarkerInstinct

RangerHawke
The ambient questing in this game is awesome, while i was walking throught the woods a 'fugitive' ran up and told me to hold a pair of enchanted boots for him and said that if i was a snitch or i double crossed him he'd kill me, he proceded to skulk away before being torn up by a pack of wolves. Free Boots!!

Verac

For me, i was in a cave with mages ((now mind you have have a crap load of magic resistence and hp)) i was just tearing through them and all of a sudden i die and go FLYING, so i reload do it again this time i saw a type of "ice shot" no, not the spikes just a big tundra ball and i went flying again and died ((had 100% hp btw)) third time i managed to see who the piss fluff shooting that was and it was some ridiculously OP mage type called "ascendant mage and no matter how tricky i was even used frost resist his little as i dub "Wtf shot" continuously murdered me till i got frustrated and put the controller down, now to end the story i come back to load the game from the auto save for ONE LAST try and it freezes right when its about to load everytime i restart my game and come back always freezes, a-am i being trolled by the game????

ZEMA Jake

I haven't been playing long, but one of my wow moments was sprinting through the gate that I had to do the shout for, without actually doing the shout, and instead just sprinting normally. I was more pissed off because I accidentally skipped the tutorials on how to change shouts, but I learned soon after, so I was ok.

Another wow moment was seeing a giant, running up, slashing it about 3 times, then being kicked 400 feet in the air. THAT was epic.