Top 5 HATED things about this game!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Well hate is a strong word but here are some disappointments I have. And FYI if it makes a difference i'm on expert mode or one difficulty level from max.

1) the dungeons are too well lit. I remember light being an issue in Oblivion where "to torch or not to torch?" is the question. sneaking around was cooler, the worry about unseen traps or light discipline while sneaking up on a encounter was more of a factor. Here light is everywhere in a ancient unused crypt after hundreds of years resting in peace. huh? does this crypt torch runs on cobwebs or something?

2) the low money amount on vendors like everyone else here is saying.

3) I wish I could refuse/delete quests in my quest log that I don't want

4) too many healing potions found in dungeons. I'm finding that the time I am spending in Alchemy is a waste and good only for resist fire/frost potions and maybe someday invisibility when I run my next char as a rogue.

5) Traps are too obvious and easily evaded.

Dyun27

Love the game, but dislike the following:

1.) Can't find my horse when I dismount and run some distance to kill a dragon. The landscape in some areas is repetitive, so I can't remember what rock I parked him behind. I wish I could either tie the horse down somewhere, or be able to whistle, which would make him come back to me....like in Red Dead Revolver. Oh, and the other thing is my horse is always getting into fights! Horses do get into fights, but does he have to actively try to commit suicide by charging people with swords who are trying to kill it?

2.) All the children look alike, whether they are boy or girl, and all the Inns look alike too.

3.) General bugs like being dropped down a ravine after having fast-traveled to the Mage College or being able to walk through dragon skeletons as if they didn't exist. Also, water texture sometimes disappears in some places, so it looks like an empty lake, but you're swimming on top of it.

4.) Can't climb rocks, but my horse can climb anything! Shouldn't people be more able to climb rather than horses? I wish my character could actually climb rocks and walk up steep hills like real people can. Whenever I want to take shortcuts, I know I'm gonna have to ride my horse, otherwise there's no way I'm getting over those rocks.

5.) Favorites menu is not as easy to use as it was in Oblivion.

A.Castaneda

I'll preface this by saying this is a great game, that said, I have a couple issues with followers/companions:
1. They need followers to be KO'd not killed, the reason for this is the fact that I have lost way too much of my hard earned loot b/c of my follower dying.
2. How about a little more back story for the followers other than you delivered a letter im your friend for life.

HaxAras

5. It Doesn't Let You Choose The Difficulty At The Start Of the Game.
4. Immortal Brats *Cough* Children
3. Damned Giants! Way Too Over-Powerd
2. LOADING SCREENS!!!! One Cave I Explored Was Separated Into About 10 Differn't Sections And It Took Forever To Load All Those Area's.
1. No Ring Of Nighteye. This May Seem Like A Minor Complaint To Some But There's A Story behind My Love For That Ring.

I Was A Vampire So I Couldn't Do Jack plops In The Day. Every Time I Had To Wait For it To Be Night I Had To Go Feed Again.

By Some Amazing Luck I Found A Ring Of Nighteye, It Turned Everything Blue But I Could See In caves And At Night. Two Handed Warrior, Heavy Armor Argonian. Breathing Underwater Master Of the Night, As You'd Guess I Dominated. I'd Hide In The Darkness And Nobody Could See Me, But I Could See Everything.

75% Of My Playthrough I Had That Ring So I Got used to it. After That I Never Played My Playthrouhgs Long Because I Was So used To That Blue Tint. I Was Really Hoping I'd be Able To Enchant A New Ring To Use In Skyrim But I Learned there Is No Such Enchantment. Relying Constantly On Spells And Enemies Knowing Where I Am Are Real Dampers. And I'm No Mage.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Unwatching thread...far too negative for me.
It seems like most people agree Skyrim is awesome. Maybe the thread title with the word hate is misleading, most replies are just little improvements they would have liked to see in an otherwise amazing game.

granted every once in a while you do have to scroll past a semi-illiterate post or it'll make your head hurt, but hey, that's the state of web forums.

iteration2

Friendly Fire on companions. Yes I understand if I were to shoot fireballs out of my hands IRL it would hurt both my friend and my enemy but this is a game! There have been multiple times where there are 3-4+ mobs, so I dual cast Fireball and end up killing Lydia or Uthger or whoever I have had to hire, whereas a simple no damage to friendlies while in a hostile environment could have been added!

I actually sort've like that AoE (or badly aimed single target) spells can kill your companion. One solution, if you tend to throw a lot of fireballs around and are not into the whole "restraint" thing, is to craft fire resist gear and give it to your companion. At high enchanting levels, it's very easy to make your companion completely immune to your preferred method of destruction.

jenrai

1.Dragons don't have the epic feeling
2.Blood on the ice glitch
3.Combat is spam spam spam untill harder difficulties
4.Not enough backstabbing
5.Towns don't have enough quests

Dyun27

Oh, forgot my BIGGEST problem... the text is too damned small!!! I can't read it! My TV isn't a 60" and that text is just too tiny for my eyes. I struggle to get through it. Anyone know if there's a fix for that other than getting a bigger TV?

Deadricx

1. Sudden crashes
2.Glitchs
3.Bugs.
4.Freezes
5. Steel arrow stuck in eye.

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
I have to say, even though I find this game "The Most Best Game Alive" and love it very much, there are nitpicks. These are also not in order.

1. Sudden Crashes
2. Quest Line Glitches
3. Marriage Bugs
4. Arrows and Spells (Ice Shard) getting stuck inside the Player's Body
5. Dragons usually avoiding Battles
6. Difficulty Zaps
7. Guards Knowing Everything (Like when secretly killing a chicken)
8. Vampire Difficulty (Having to wait till' night to fight)
9. Water Texture Bug
10. Absorbing Dragon's Soul Bug
11. Barkas always wanting attention (a glitch I found myself where Barkas always tries talking to me even though I'm not wanting to)
12. Being able to see inside mountains (a glitch which happens when using the "Jump Climb" up mountains)
13. Being able to kill and not K.O. Partners

Even though this is a big list, I still find the game very awesome. I was also just naming the ones I've seen so far.

xanuben

1. No option to take out NPCs temporarily, without killing them. We can place poison to their pockets, why's there no Potion of Deep Sleep available?
2. Can't throw things at people. I just want to see what happens if that tomato hits that Cicero!
3. Burning arrows. I want burning arrows.
4. As mentioned already, why do I have to draw sword if I only want to use heal or fireball.
5. I have 10 fingers and can only wear one ring. That's way too modest for me.

Arato

Hunting Mage
Oh, forgot my BIGGEST problem... the text is too damned small!!! I can't read it! My TV isn't a 60" and that text is just too tiny for my eyes. I struggle to get through it. Anyone know if there's a fix for that other than getting a bigger TV?

An appointment at the opticians? ;)

Pibbs

I didn't want to read through 3 pages worth, but here's mine. Sorry if they overlap.

1.) How unpolished the game is. Horse travel is buggy as all hell. My mouse sensitivity and view settings (PC) made it unplayable to start with. The first patch ruined quite a bit, I had to completely redo all of my mouse sensitivity settings. Really bad job on Bethesda's part.

2.) You can be the leader of every guild-esque group in Skyrim, at the same time. I just think that's so stupid. I mean, after doing like 3-4 quests, you get to be the Thieves Guild Master. That's stupid. It completely cheapens the experience.

3.) You can ruin the game just by playing it. Just by perking into enchanting and smithing, you can make gear that is so far stronger than anything the game can handle. That's stupid. Not to mention how easy it is to level these up.

4.) How crappy everything looks. I realize it's possible Bethesda's trying to come from some art perspective here, but the female's faces are just abhorrent. I'm sorry, but I just can't play anything other than a male Khajiit unless I'm using mods.

5.) Bandit Captain's wielding Two-Handed Weapons are the most threatening enemy in this game. THAT'S SO STUPID!

Listener13

1. No goldbrand - It's been my favorite weapon since morrowind.
2. The ebony blade is now a two handed weapon for some reason when it was clearly one handed in oblivion.
3. No throwing stars/knives - also a favorite from morrowind.

I really like ninja weapons if you can't tell.
there is a one handed ebony sword brother!

zane2453

The Bill Gates of Skyrim
Here are my top 5 (not in a particular order)

1.When a follower is in the doorway so your stuck in the room.
2.Losing your best weapon while fighting a daugr deathlord.
3.Carrying Capacity
4.Theres only like 10 different voice actors in the game.. ive heard the same voices like 100,000 different types.
5.Dwemer ruins

godinabox

1. Not alot of good magic or special items (i.e.) everyone pretty much wears dragonscale or daedric armor sets at end of game. WHERES MY PHAT LOOT DROPS!?!
2. Lack of "fun" magic and magic in general. While morowind spell system was terrible and all kinds of confusing to use (for me at least) there were lots of cool magic spells but apparently in the north part of this fantasy world all magic is is healing potions and really crappy laser gun hands.
3.Only horses to ride. Wheres my mammoth. If you gonna build a huge sandbox I wanna ride dragons and wolves and mammoths ya know? ever since san andreas theres no reason for this to happen anymore.
4. Death cutscenese. There weird and buggy like why would my dude cut at a wolfs foot before doin a crazy flouris into his face?
5. Really again the lack of magic and special loot. Love games like dragon age where you can really mix and match equipment to focus on specific charecter builds. Wheres my increase chance to crit items?

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
Agreed with everything as stated above!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts