Top 5 HATED things about this game!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lilfish43

Though this game has bugs its still may favorite game so I cant realy say anythgin makes me want to quit playing

Kasha

1) Freezing issues
2) Dragons get boring and easy to kill. I seriously am more afraid of Mammoths and Draugr Deathlords.
3) No attributes
4) Guards are still jackasses. I kill a chicken unseen in Riverwood and all of a sudden they know that I did it, where I am and are waiting for me in Whiterun.
5) Bard's College is a bummer. I thought you'd be able to actually play a lute, but noooooooo.
I guess the guards have texting, and chickens mean more to them than there wives.

1. Guard are dumb. I just saved skyrim and when I walk by they are like "Who are you?" Who am I! I should take their heads off. But I can't pull out 1000 gold out of my ass.
2.Main quest was so short.
3.Guilds are nothing compared to Oblivions guilds.
4.Shop dealers have no money
5.Now that they have added werewolfs and vampiers all I can think about it Twilight. *somebody slap me for comparing Skyrim to Twilight*

KayO199X

Don't get my wrong, this is still an amazing game. But still there are a few weak points. Here are my top five dissapointments in Skyrim.

5. Cannot have children with my character's spouse
4. No Karma system
3. Difficulty spikes
2. Glitches and Freezing
1. Poor first person perspective (can't see my legs when i look down, no shadow, frequent cuts to 3rd person, ect)

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
Hate is way too strong of a word to use when describing Skyrim annoyances. I really do appreciate everyone's feelings on topic, and very much agree with "many" of the ones listed. I just have a very hard time using the word "hate" associated with such a wonderful game, EVEN with all of its annoyances. ;)

SaveVsBedWet

1. Bears, Restless Draughr (sp?) Wights, Giants, city guards, random bums in sewers with warhammers, beards and William Wallace accents all more powerful than dragons.

2. On PC, randomly disengaging Always Run toggle that distracts me from fighting/maneuvering to troubleshoot which one it's on and why I'm not moving at the expected rate. Infuriating.

3. Horse who thinks he's a dragon and runs up from where I purposely stopped him to keep him out of fights to get in my way and fight "anything".

4. Extremely weak lockpicks

5. CTD in many locations, including cave and dungeon entrances which make the dungeon unnavigable.

6. Random unsheathing. ie: shield or spell in left hand, one handed weapon in right. attempt to change spells via favorites hotkey. Weapon disappears from right hand and all of a sudden I'm dual-wielding a healing spell with a troll swinging at me from point blank range with no weapon or shield in sight because I can't tell which hand is the "active" hand on which the hotkeys will operate.

7. Shields that work and don't work at the same time. If I've got a kite shield sitting between myself and the mouth of a wolf, how do I get bitten or injured by the wolf biting the shield? A little? At all? If I can be bitten to any degree by a wolf through a shield, the shield is broken. Ugh!

8. Vague journal notes that lend nothing useful to understanding what needs to be done on a particular quest.

Sorry that's more than 5. Still love this game though.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
1. GAME CRASHING/FREEZING
2. When you dual weapons and sheath them...you cant see the other weapon.
3. Leaving out certain Weapons (No crossbows, spears, throwing daggers/stars or staves)
4. The fact you can hold unlimited items (no challenge there)
5. Starting out with magic (it should be earned, bought or taught)

The first one happens with any TES game,
2. I agree there.
3. Also Agree.
4. Well that's not necessarily true considering Stamina limits it, even with Steed Stone and Pickpocket perk for another 100 pounds, still can carry alot but not really unlimited.
5. Well, some races get extra spells due to them being spellgifted via; Elves and such.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
But Personally, the only few I dislike about is,
1. Still isn't a way to design your armor ingame outside of modding.
2. If you wanted to roll another character and not have to go through the Helgen Keep dungeon over and over, not saving at the end like the Sewers from Oblivion.
3. Some weapons from Marrowind they never reimplemented, where most of them can be dispersed among the 3 combat trees involving Weaponry.
- - - - ---- - - - - - -

but by all means still enjoy the game for sure, not any game is perfect, but this is damn close if you ask me lol.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I have one issue, just one. Not enough people are hired to find me in the wilds and try to kill me. The two occurences were highly satisfying.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Haha I know that feeling, I killed a bandit fort, and went to rest for autosave and skill improving, and out of nowhere, hired thugs came out then basically said "I'm hired to pound your buttocks since you are napping in a prison cell. Then I just play Pinball with their heads within the cell.

LordTalos

There's many issues to be fixed in the game and future patches are welcome to make experiences more enjoyable. I do feel for the console owners

Jimmious

I agree with many points, mainly with vendors having way too low gold and dragons being too easy..but I must say that in my PC I've still never had any crashes of freezes. Not even once.

Argurotoxus

Vendors having such low gold makes things more realistic, and gives a true motivation to level up speech craft in my opinion. It'd be so much more boring if I had to just sell to a single merch and make all my money.

That said, let's see what I can come up with...

1) The lack of my being "famous". They tried here, I sometimes run past guards who tell me hail Sithis or remind me that I've saved the world, but overall things are just..eh. I join the Companions, after having kicked complete and utter ass all over the world, wearing full Daedric armor and casting master level spells while my conjured Dremora Lord fights for me. And what do they tell me? I'm some nobody that shouldn't be allowed to join because I'm weak? No no no, I just saved your god damned WORLD, don't tell me I'm some weak nobody.

2) I can't kill whoever the hell I want. Jarl of Whiterun? Die by my hand! Wait, no? You only go down on one knee? Oh, lame. Or, oh no! I've been caught robbing a house! Well, I can just kill them and get my bounty erased. No wait! One of them can't be killed! Huh, now I suddenly have a bounty of 5000 gold in this town.

Warn me that I'm killing somebody important to a quest later or something, but please, let me just go around killing whoever I want.

3) Followers being more or less worthless for anybody who wants to either sneak or be a mage. You can't make use of any AoE spells with a follower, and then the other half the time while you're sneaking they'll run into the room and gather everyone's attention. Granted, I can oftentimes still get my sneak kills, but it's not nearly as fun.

4) Master spells are disappointing. For destruction, compared to the expert ones, they outright suck. They're flashy and I love that for sure! But come on! First, you can't stagger somebody since it requires both hands. This could be forgivable if it did enough damage to kill say, a Draugr Deathlord before they managed to get to you, but even if you managed to cast it without them noticing they can still run at you, Fus Ro Dah, and mess you up good.
And the cast time, jesus. If you've aggroed someone, forget about it. I wanted to use my new mass paralysis spell on a room full of people, but in order to even cast it I had to use Slow Time. After that, what's the point?

5) I'd really like some more realistic enemies. I mean, I walk into a room and three of your buddies goes down in flames before you can so much as notch an arrow. You're really going to fight me? You're not going to go run down the hallway to your friends for backup?
Or when they start begging for mercy! I tried honestly sheathing my weapons and walking up to them, maybe thinking I could let them pay me to spare their life or just tell them to run to their family or something. But no, the only option of getting rid of these people is killing them! It'd be so cool if I could use my speechcraft maybe to tell them to back down, I don't want to fight. But instead they beg for mercy and then when I try and give it to them, EVERY SINGLE PERSON kills me instead. Either Skyrim is full of major dicks, or this is bad AI.

Those are my complaints. I must say though, this has quickly turned into one of my favorite games. Truly enthralling, makes me wish I was back in highschool and didn't have so little free time lol.

Taylorman1227

1)If you wear the best mage items together, clipping issue and then disappearing face.
2)Dragons are easier to kill than bears.
3)Limited vendor money
4)Companions can be killed (instead of just knocked out fallout style) very easily.
5)You can't kill children.

LOL at 5 i agree

brandon

the only thing i really hate about this game has nothing to do with the game at all. i have been completing quest way to fast i keep getting damn tunnel vision and just blow through the quest like a tornado through a trailer park. even when it came to picking my guys perks. im at lvl 40 and i didnt even think about enchantments until lvl 35 or so. now even though my legendary dragonscale armor rating is 427. i dont know if its good or bad at this level. i was concentrating on smithing and sneak and archery.but yeah ive just got to slow my ass down and enjoy the game for what it is and stop trying to race through it

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Only two come immediately to mind, luckily they're minor:

1. fov is restricted on consoles (can you change it on pc?). Some times it feels like I'm running around with blinders on. It's not a big deal in dungeons, but in the open world I feel like my character has tunnel vision.

2. Character height feels odd. I don't know what it is, but the character feels really short. I'm playing a Nord now and feel like a wood elf. I have a hard time seeing over low-level bushes and grasses which results in enemies almost always spotting me before I see them and it even seems like my character has to look up to talk to most npcs. The whole thing just feels...I don't know, odd...like they made the character a couple inches too short.