Top 5 HATED things about this game!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bosspatrone

1. GAME CRASHING/FREEZING
2. When you dual weapons and sheath them...you cant see the other weapon.
3. Leaving out certain Weapons (No crossbows, spears, throwing daggers/stars or staves)
4. The fact you can hold unlimited items (no challenge there)
5. Starting out with magic (it should be earned, bought or taught)

1. Oblivion/Fallout is thick with freezes and glitches. I almost consider this kind of thing to be a signature of Bethesda and am now waiting patiently for the Unofficial Skyrim patches.

2. Yep... as a mage, I sometime like to thing of how weird my character must look as he is constantly in Madonna/Vogue "Strike a Pose!" mode. Hoping for a mod that makes each hand independent of each other. Also, similar to this and very odd... if you equip the pickaxe and then mine a vein, you will character will leave said pickaxe on his/her belt and conjure a temporary one while you are mining.

3. There are a million and a half weapon mods from Oblivion and Morrowind (and new creations) that can/will be dropped in by modders through the life of the game. My request is that modders integrate the more common weapons into the loot lists (no check the barrel at the Imperial Waterfront for your new Javelin of Uberness please!)

4. Broken record again, but mods fix this too. I plan on spending a lot of time looking for realism mods such as realistic weights, backpacks for carrying, required hunger/sleep/etc., no ambient lights, etc. etc. For most that's a little extreme, but you can season your game with the mods you want until you get your perfect mix.

5. True...maybe a magic book in the initial keep as you escape Helgen. Speaking of Helgen, doesn't it bug anybody that that town was leveled in minutes, but all of the other towns are impenetrable to dragon damage?

brandon

1. Oblivion/Fallout is thick with freezes and glitches. I almost consider this kind of thing to be a signature of Bethesda and am now waiting patiently for the Unofficial Skyrim patches.

2. Yep... as a mage, I sometime like to thing of how weird my character must look as he is constantly in Madonna/Vogue "Strike a Pose!" mode. Hoping for a mod that makes each hand independent of each other. Also, similar to this and very odd... if you equip the pickaxe and then mine a vein, you will character will leave said pickaxe on his/her belt and conjure a temporary one while you are mining.

3. There are a million and a half weapon mods from Oblivion and Morrowind (and new creations) that can/will be dropped in by modders through the life of the game. My request is that modders integrate the more common weapons into the loot lists (no check the barrel at the Imperial Waterfront for your new Javelin of Uberness please!)

4. Broken record again, but mods fix this too. I plan on spending a lot of time looking for realism mods such as realistic weights, backpacks for carrying, required hunger/sleep/etc., no ambient lights, etc. etc. For most that's a little extreme, but you can season your game with the mods you want until you get your perfect mix.

5. True...maybe a magic book in the initial keep as you escape Helgen. Speaking of Helgen, doesn't it bug anybody that that town was leveled in minutes, but all of the other towns are impenetrable to dragon damage?
if your really worried about realizm why not play like that. make your guy eat three times a day make him sleep 4 hrs a night. i do agree i would like to get a rucksack or backpack if you will. but until then i only allow myself to pick up 5 weapons other then daggers to take back to town. the rest that i want to sell get dropped of in the first urn or chest in a cave or dungeon.daggers ill carry 10 cause that seems like a fair number to carry. jewelry and gems ill carry as many as i can find cause trust me if i find an abandoned store or a pirates treasure in real life id do what cartman did and eat them if i had too.

bosspatrone

if your really worried about realizm why not play like that. make your guy eat three times a day make him sleep 4 hrs a night. i do agree i would like to get a rucksack or backpack if you will. but until then i only allow myself to pick up 5 weapons other then daggers to take back to town. the rest that i want to sell get dropped of in the first urn or chest in a cave or dungeon.daggers ill carry 10 cause that seems like a fair number to carry. jewelry and gems ill carry as many as i can find cause trust me if i find an abandoned store or a pirates treasure in real life id do what cartman did and eat them if i had too.

That's true that those are playing that way is always an option. Even without mods, I keep my style of play to getting a good amount of sleep in a given day, using food for healing/nutrition, and not fast traveling. I used mods in Oblivion to get me into that style of play, and now it is natural to me even without mods. But I am human, and sometimes I forget that it has been 14 game hours since I last ate anything, or that I have raided a dungeon all night, then quested all day and then cleared out a keep the next night. Just like my own stomach growls and I feel weak when I go to long between meals, I like for my character to feel the same.

So, while I can and do play in a highly realistic manner, you will never suffer any ill-effects from slacking off in any way without those mods. Thanks for mentioning something I should have said to begin with, Brandon.

brandon

That's true that those are playing that way is always an option. Even without mods, I keep my style of play to getting a good amount of sleep in a given day, using food for healing/nutrition, and not fast traveling. I used mods in Oblivion to get me into that style of play, and now it is natural to me even without mods. But I am human, and sometimes I forget that it has been 14 game hours since I last ate anything, or that I have raided a dungeon all night, then quested all day and then cleared out a keep the next night. Just like my own stomach growls and I feel weak when I go to long between meals, I like for my character to feel the same.

So, while I can and do play in a highly realistic manner, you will never suffer any ill-effects from slacking off in any way without those mods. Thanks for mentioning something I should have said to begin with, Brandon.
no prob we talked about this last week or so ago and ive been trying to play like that since then but yeah were human and forget to do things like that. id be lying if i said i ate 3 meals everyday in the game. hell i forget to bring lunch to work cause i dont always get a lunch break. and i only eat breakfast on the weekends and i wont sleep for a couple days at a time cause i get imressed in skyrim or my son keeps me up so i use him to keep playing sometimes.or ill fast travel alot if im on a time crunch.