Need to Vent & Rage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kyleekay

Anouck van Aalst, I'm sorry to hear that you're treated that way just because of your Aspergers. I've worked with students who have that syndrome, and I agree with you 100%- you are still a normal person, and you are more than capable of doing anything that someone without Aspergers can do. In fact, one of my favorite students who was absolutely brilliant had Aspergers... she's probably capable of doing much more with her life than I am, haha. :p

Don't listen to what they tell you about what you can/can't do socially. You thrive on these forums and you a very intelligent young lady; don't let your Aspergers become "who" you are just because some doctors like to give you a crutch (in other words a reason to play "victim") to use in everyday life.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Anouck van Aalst, I'm sorry to hear that you're treated that way just because of your Aspergers. I've worked with students who have that syndrome, and I agree with you 100%- you are still a normal person, and you are more than capable of doing anything that someone without Aspergers can do. In fact, one of my favorite students who was absolutely brilliant had Aspergers... she's probably capable of doing much more with her life than I am, haha. :p

Don't listen to what they tell you about what you can/can't do socially. You thrive on these forums and you a very intelligent young lady; don't let your Aspergers become "who" you are just because some doctors like to give you a crutch (in other words a reason to play "victim") to use in everyday life.

Thank you :)
It just frustrates me. When they figured out I had Aspergers the doctors basically told my parents: "You're daugher is autistic and therefor she can't do this, this and this. She won't have many friends in the future and she probably won't have a relationship either".

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
It just frustrates me. When they figured out I had Aspergers the doctors basically told my parents: "You're daugher is autistic and therefor she can't do this, this and this. She won't have many friends in the future and she probably won't have a relationship either".

If a doctor told my child that, I'd kick his teeth in.

kyleekay

Very strange for doctors to speak that way. I haven't heard many stories like that from my students here in the US.

You know what you need to do in order to combat their opinion? Live your life how YOU want, and prove them wrong. Simple as that. :)

KattSand

Premium Member
I hate when people feel the need to give me advice I didn't ask for, in a condescending manner. After posting about my weight loss progress on Facebook this morning, a friend of mine (who thinks he knows everything) texted me and started telling me my progress was "adequate, I guess" and what I "needed" to do to make "real" progress. Shut the fluff up, man. I am (was?) very happy with my ten pound progress and I don't need some know-it-all trying to tell me how to do it better. Obviously I lost the first 10 pounds without any of your help and I don't need it now. :rolleyes:

It's just annoying because things like that are hard for me to handle since I'm still trying to work on being assertive and fully self confident. I hate that other people can make me feel like I'm not good enough. Sigh.

I know what you mean. I've lost around 10 KG (22 pounds) since January after getting serious about the gym and not eating sugar anymore and all that, and instead of being supportive, people keep telling me that I wasn't fat to being with and that I'm wasting my time basically. I know I wasn't "fat" but it was heading that direction and I decided to do something about it.

But people just gotta go hate on me, like today after work when I was changing out of my uniform one of my co-workers (who always says she gonna loose weight, and who always claims to be on a diet but never follow through with it) looked at me and said "there's nothing left of you, you should stop doing what you do and start treating yourself to some candy and fast food" dafuq? Has the thought ever occurred to her that maybe, I don't want to eat those things anymore? I don't crave things like that anymore. It's not like I'm staving myself, I'm just not eating snacks and sugary stuff anymore dammit! And I work out. Problem? My guess, she's jealous and decides to take that out on me by trying to put me down. People need to mind their own business.

kyleekay

KattSand, I totally agree! That is unbelievably frustrating. My two co-workers are actually "medically overweight" and they are dieting together. Whenever I bring up my own diet/exercise/etc they look at me like this: :eek: and say "But you are so skinny! I'd love to be your size!" etc. It's just like, look, people. I have problem areas that I can artfully cover with clothing... doesn't mean I don't want to FIX those areas. I'd like to look good in my birthday suit. :p

Congrats on your weight loss, though. That's great!! Keep working hard and I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time (or maintain what you've lost, depending on what your end game is). :)

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

First of all: There is nothing wrong with you!! you have a disorder, so what!! putting the label Asperger on you, doesn't change you as a person!!

Typical putting people into boxes.. if you have this, you can't do this..

I'm sorry to hear that people treat you this way because there is something "wrong".. having a disease or a disorder doesn't make you less human! I agree some people need help because of their disorder/disease. but even then, they deserve to be treated normal!

I see you as very social and bright! And I was surprised by the fact you had Asperger, I only noticed because you had it in your siggy for a while!

Don't let them decide for you! You are in control in your life! As people told me here: Don't let other people talk you down!

You are awesome! and don't let anything else contradict that! if you feel down.. you can talk to me! I know how feeling insecure can bring you down..

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I would like to rant about women and work.

Women do my head in I mean these are just a few beauties that I've come across this week. Where do you want to go out tonight - the reply 'let's just go down the pub shall we' fast forward an hour when I've sunk a few pints and can't drive you can cleary tell she is not a happy chap so I ask her why have you got a face like a slapped arse hole 'I dont really like pubs' I asked you an hour ago where you wanted to go ffs you could of gone anywhere you wanted.:mad:

Different bird this time I was going clothes shopping which I hate at the best of times my routine goes something like this fins something I like find my size if it costs more than £50 try it on head for the till pay and get out in under 10 mins flat jobs a good un. Ohhhh no not when you have a fuc#ing woman with you fuc# me can we have a quick look in here oh look Monsoon oh a Sebago ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH fuc# off leave me alone this is why I wanted to go by myself.:mad:

I got up Sunday to the smell of bacon cooking I know for a fact I didn't come home with anyone and my mates fuc#ed off about 4-5amso I go downstairs my mate had let herself in and a few other birds and helped themselves to the last of my bacon, bread and milk and when I start having a go at her she drags stuff up that happened years ago completely off topic and ends up making me feel bad how do women do that. :mad:

Now for work I have to let go of 125 people in my area and well it sucks donkey dick big time I have about 8 people who have made my life fuc#ing hell over the past couple of months who I will glady see the back of. The rest is going to be hard it's going to mean giving the boot to good mates and good honest hard working people I'm looking at my staff list now over 50% of the people have been working here longer than I've been alive. I know business is brutal and it's a dog eat dog world blah blah blah but it doesn't make it any easier this is people's lives I'm about to destroy and I can't say it's very enjoyable.:sadface:

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Stepped on the scale this morning and I see I've gained about three pounds since last time I checked (about three weeks ago). I'm pretty sure it's from muscle gain, but it still sucks to see it go up and not down, nonetheless. :sadface:

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Stepped on the scale this morning and I see I've gained about three pounds since last time I checked (about three weeks ago). I'm pretty sure it's from muscle gain, but it still sucks to see it go up and not down, nonetheless. :sadface:

Yeah that will be your muscles getting bigger are you using any powders or tablets etc like this.

musclefuel4kg.png

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
Im not a racist person but im branded one because i believe (i live in scotland have done my entire life, highest uneployment in europe) that Citizens of their country should have 1st refusal of all the job oppertunities, as appose to people (Poles/Latvians/Bulgarians mainly in scotland) that come here to work for several months then bugger off home, i have a family to support and am would jump at the chance to work full time, ive been unemployed for 6 months, applied for close to 600 jobs and had a reply from 4 of those, im all for equal oppertunities, and loving thy nieghbour, but this is fluffing rediculous, go work in your own country, make it better instead of bringing ours down, and while your here abid by our lawes as we have to in your country!!!!!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Don't feel bad about it, you weight can fluctate about 3KG each day!! and iif you've been working out, It must be muscle gain! I know the feel of suddenly weigh more.. I had that after christmas... I gained 4KG... lost that tho!

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Don't feel bad about it, you weight can fluctate about 3KG each day!! and iif you've been working out, It must be muscle gain! I know the feel of suddenly weigh more.. I had that after christmas... I gained 4KG... lost that tho!

I'm not really sweating it that much, just need to focus on my eating habits more, drink more protein and more water, I guess. I feel good about myself and have lost quite a few inches in my "trouble zones" (thighs, hips, etc) so you're right - it's muscle! Great job losing that holiday weight, too - that's awesome, Nyo! :D

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I'm not really sweating it that much, just need to focus on my eating habits more, drink more protein and more water, I guess. I feel good about myself and have lost quite a few inches in my "trouble zones" (thighs, hips, etc) so you're right - it's muscle! Great job losing that holiday weight, too - that's awesome, Nyo! :D

I scared myself sometime so bad. I weighed myself in the morning, and the next day in the evening.. 2KG more!! I freaked out, lol... then I got the advice to weigh 1 time per week, at the same time and day every week! that helped me alot, for a period I was losing 0.5 KG a week..

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I scared myself sometime so bad. I weighed myself in the morning, and the next day in the evening.. 2KG more!! I freaked out, lol... then I got the advice to weigh 1 time per week, at the same time and day every week! that helped me alot, for a period I was losing 0.5 KG a week..

Great idea! I was just told by my BeachBody coach that the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn during workouts, so I'm very pumped. I'll weigh again next week and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip, Nyo! :)

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Great idea! I was just told by my BeachBody coach that the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn during workouts, so I'm very pumped. I'll weigh again next week and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip, Nyo! :)

If you have more muscle, you burn more calories doing.. NOTHING xD

kyleekay

This sums up my day so far, which has only consisted of being in one giant meeting for 5 1/2 hours. :rolleyes:

I get it. You're busy. You can't sleep. You're hungry. Your stomach hurts. Your sugar is low. Just STFU for like 5 minutes, lady, please! Holy crap.

Remember, this is me talking; I'm super patient and love helping people. Please let that sink in for a minute when you think about how bad someone has to be for me to want them to shut up. Grrr.

stfu.jpg

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
My former step-mom of 24 years acts like I don't exist anymore after she and my dad got a divorce. She even went so far as to give us (my dad, my brother (not her son), and me) every picture that she had of us. I guess I shouldn't care because she was cruel to me more often than not (think confidence-killing remarks to an impressionable teenage girl), but it still stings a little. :-/

I really miss my step-mom. I always love everyone and I hate it when people become a part of my life and leave again.. The relation I had with my step-mom wasn't very healthy either. She had two children who suffered from mental issues and were extremely violent. Since I'm not a rude our difficult person to live with I was the only child in the house not causing trouble. I was easy; I did whatever they told me and had good grades. That made me an easy victim.
She got obsessed with everything I did. Whenever I made mistakes she used it to justify the thing her sons did. She was looking for 'proof' to show my dad I was a troublemaker just as my step-brothers. She was so tired of her children always being the center of attention.
I suffered from a major depression back then. She started to use that as an argument. I don't think she realized how bad I felt back then..

...I still miss her though.. She had a very rough life and I feel sorry for her. She been through a lot and I don't blame her for the things she did...

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I really miss my step-mom. I always love everyone and I hate it when people become a part of my life and leave again.. The relation I had with my step-mom wasn't very healthy either. She had two children who suffered from mental issues and were extremely violent. Since I'm not a rude our difficult person to live with I was the only child in the house not causing trouble. I was easy; I did whatever they told me and had good grades. That made me an easy victim.
She got obsessed with everything I did. Whenever I made mistakes she used it to justify the thing her sons did. She was looking for 'proof' to show my dad I was a troublemaker just as my step-brothers. She was so tired of her children always being the center of attention.
I suffered from a major depression back then. She started to use that as an argument. I don't think she realized how bad I felt back then..

...I still miss her though.. She had a very rough life and I feel sorry for her. She been through a lot and I don't blame her for the things she did...

That sounds awful, Anouck, but I think it's great that you show forgiveness. There aren't too many people who would be willing to do that if put in your situation. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts