Need to Vent & Rage?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Warning: This is a long rant. Apologies.

I hate fighting with my dad and step-mom. Before I get into the story, here's my backstory (it'll all be relevant, promise). I moved in with my parents again exactly 2 months ago because I left my husband. Since I've been living with them I've been focusing on work, and then trying to have as much fun as possible after work. I do a few weekly chores each week and I clean up after my dogs. Sometimes I'm not home a lot during the week, and I ask my parents to feed my dogs when I'm not coming straight home. I buy my own groceries and toiletries, and very rarely dip into my parent's food. The only community resources I have been using are toilet paper and laundry detergent.

Ok. So yesterday my dad texted me a little bit before I got off work asking me to come home before I went shopping (I wanted to buy a new shirt for a big meeting I have today since I just got promoted, and I had dinner plans with my aunt at 8:00pm). So I said okay, even though I knew it was probably going to be lecture time. When I got there me, my dad & step-mom started talking. It started off fine, until my dad kept interrupting me mid-sentence. Every fluffing time I tried to talk or explain my POV on something, he'd interrupt me (FYI- this talk was about increasing my household responsibilities). So consequently, I started to get a bit heated, because my ex used to interrupt me CONSTANTLY and invalidate my feelings in our discussions. My dad told me to control my tone of voice and I said "Fine, I will, but you need to stop interrupting me so we can have a normal, adult conversation." He said okay, and stopped. But apparently the "normal, adult conversation" comment pissed off my step-mom, because she thought I was calling them childish. Everything just escalated from there. She started yelling, calling me ungrateful, told me I need to get my priorities straight, etc, etc. Then it became about money. She kept saying "You're living here rent free! You should do [insert a pl*ps ton of chores here]". That eventually turned into her wanting me to pay rent. I told my parents "Look, I have plans for my money. I'm trying to go back to school. I'm trying to save up to buy a house in a year. I have health issues that I need to pay for. Anything that I give you above the $200/month I'm already paying is just going to hinder that." By that point in the argument, my step-mom didn't really care and didn't want to listen to reason. It eventually escalated to me saying (Well, maybe yelling) "Fine! If you don't want me here and I'm causing that many issues then maybe I'll just move out!" (which is a load of crap, I can't afford that right now) to which my step-mom replied "Good!".

That was the icing on the cake. "Good", seriously? Fluff you, step-mom. So anyways I went outside (I was bawling my eyes out at this point :sadface:) and smoked a couple of cigarettes to calm down. When I came back in nothing had been resolved (my parents were fighting because my step-mom felt like my dad was taking my side) and after a few minutes of unproductive discussion, her sister came and picked her up. My dad apologized to me and stuff, and I told him "Look, dad. I just want to be happy. When I got promoted yesterday (Monday) I was the happiest I'd been in a long time, and I feel like I can't catch a break. But I understand you need to be on her side, because I know what it's like to be married to someone who doesn't make you a priority."

So bottom line, I don't really know what's happening. I guess we are going to talk about it again tomorrow though. That conversation would have gone SO much better if my step-mom didn't disrespect me throughout the entire argument. I think she still views me as a 16 year old, not a 22 year old with a great job who DOES have her priorities straight in life. Plus she doesn't agree with my divorce, and I think that's partially why she's getting so upset over everything. So I guess I'll see what happens.

/end rant. Sorry guys. Just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now. :p

Ooh, I can relate so much with you on this. I live with my dad and step-mom too, and she hated it when my dad even considers my side..

my parent's divorced when I was 8, and I lived alone with my dad and little brother until I was 12. then my step-mom came along, and very soon we were living together. I was being abandoned by my mother since I was 3. (that's when my brother was born). Because of that I have a fear of getting abandoned, which is getting stronger atm, but that's another story..

so when we all started living together (she has two children), there were fights all along, and everytime my step-mom threatend to leave us, I always got very sad, because I didn't want to lose my "new" mom.. but at a certain point I had enough and just yelled back: "Yes, leave!! the sooner the better, You never should've showed up in the first place!" I said this when I was 13-14 out of pure rage, I apologized and all, my dad understood me, but she didn't.. after that things never got really good between me and my step-mom. I don't see her anymore as my mom. She just is my dad's girlfriend..

Becaue of that, we argue alot about a lot of things. And she always does the same thing as your step-mom: when I get mad, and say I want to leave, she just says: GOOD! which infuriates me even more.. and there is always the undertone of her wanting me to leave, so she could be alone with her kids and my dad...

You could've been my sister, I know exactly what you're talking about, and how it makes you feel..

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
There was also this "Sleeptalking moment" appearantly I have said in my sleep, that I wanted my stepmom to be gone forever..

She still holds a grudge because of that, I can't win.. I know I talk in my sleep, but when I'm dreaming, Things aren't relevant to real life, but hey, tell that to my step-mom...

kyleekay

Step-parents can be tough sometimes. I've never really had a serious issue with my step-mom up until the other night. She's been in my life since I was 3. I think the reason she's being so hostile is because she doesn't agree with my divorce. If that's the case, then whatever. Nothing I can do about that.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Step-parents can be tough sometimes. I've never really had a serious issue with my step-mom up until the other night. She's been in my life since I was 3. I think the reason she's being so hostile is because she doesn't agree with my divorce. If that's the case, then whatever. Nothing I can do about that.

Then she practically raised you! in a way that makes it even worse... saying it's good if you leave..

I agree on that, You are 22, and from what I see from you around here, you are doing one hell of a job on your life!! And you make your own dicisions, what's nothing more than normal at your age.

Ofourse she may not agree with you, but she doesn't have to act all hostile.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
No problemo :D

while I'm here at the vent & rage thread.. I might as well rage some more :D

I hate it when people take advantage of me. I trust people very soon, and I believe people immidiantly when the tell me something, I alway assume they are speaking the truth, but some people would lie to me, knowing I would automatically believe them, and then I get in trouble while I was only trying to help out..

Irish

Thane of Solitude
My former step-mom of 24 years acts like I don't exist anymore after she and my dad got a divorce. She even went so far as to give us (my dad, my brother (not her son), and me) every picture that she had of us. I guess I shouldn't care because she was cruel to me more often than not (think confidence-killing remarks to an impressionable teenage girl), but it still stings a little. :-/

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Aww, that's terrible NDirish1017. I don't understand how people can so easily detach from those that they claimed to care about for that long.

PS- I like your new signature. :)

Yeah, it sucks, but if she was so willing to be rid of us, then I don't need her in my life, anyway. I'm all about positive energy these days.

And thank you! :D

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
We had some of Britain's finest out on the road today. Why when the motorway is busy do lorry, coach and caravan drivers feel the need to pull out to the middle lane and slow everything else up and not go faster than whatever is in lane 1 :mad:. Then when it gets quiet why do you always bump into middle lane Marvin who just plods along doing a steady 60:mad: so you have to go from lane 1 into lane 3 overtake and go back into lane 1 again honestly some people are knob heads.

Godzillaman 08

Well this more of a pet peeve but when people call the monster Frankenstein I get annoyed. The doctor is named Frankenstein, the monster doesn't have a name, GET IT RIGHT!

xsneakyxsimx

Well this more of a pet peeve but when people call the monster Frankenstein I get annoyed. The doctor is named Frankenstein, the monster doesn't have a name, GET IT RIGHT!

Haha, I have the same issue with incorrect quotes. For example: "These aren't the droids you're looking for." and "No, I am your father." are the correct quotes.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
pff, I need to vent.. this might get a bit whiney

All of a sudden I have this strange feeling, I feel out of place.. a bit unnatural. I don't know where it comes from, but it irritates me to feel like this..

Saozig

Hippy
Relatively light-weight gripe here, but people whining in their status updates about how they think they should leave the site because they don't like the site anymore/they don't like the people on the site/people here have been big meanies to them/they are going to another site 'cos this one sucks and hey, maybe they'll see you there (hint, hint)....especially when they've done it more than once.

Not happy here? Then just leave. It's not like anyone's stopping you.

xsneakyxsimx

All of a sudden I have this strange feeling, I feel out of place.. a bit unnatural. I don't know where it comes from, but it irritates me to feel like this..

I have the same feelings, but mine are more explainable. If you ever need a chat, just send me a message. :)

Relatively light-weight gripe here, but people whining in their status updates about how they think they should leave the site because they don't like the site anymore/they don't like the people on the site/people here have been big meanies to them/they are going to another site 'cos this one sucks and hey, maybe they'll see you there (hint, hint)....especially when they've done it more than once.

Not happy here? Then just leave. It's not like anyone's stopping you.

Yeah, bloody attention seekers. If the site in question is the same one as what I think it is, I'm in the same boat, but I don't advertise it. Just doing a lot of thinking about it...

xsneakyxsimx

I just found my most hated look on life today. A friend of mine put up a status saying "Be miserable or get motivated!". I WAS NEVER GIVEN A FLUFFING CHOICE!!!

sticky runes

I hate it when somebody complains that a certain task hasn't been done, then they do it themselves - in a huff, and slam things around making a big noise while they're doing it just to get a point across. I really hate the "oh, I suppose I'll have to do it myself, since nobody else can be bothered" attitude.

Sure, I can be lazy at times - if something doesn't seem entirely urgent to me, then I'll leave it. But if I'm asked to do something, I will help. I'm not gonna say "no, you f#cking do it yourself". I just think if you feel that somebody should be chipping in more, then let them know, don't try to guilt trip them. That can be quite offensive in itself. If you let people assume you don't need help with something, then they will assume you don't need help. You've left them in that position, so don't bitch about it.

kyleekay

I've dealt with this before. I've been slightly obsessed with thinking about what defines me for years, and when I think too hard on it I start to feel that same way. I will message you a link to an old blog post I wrote about that subject.

Keep your chin up. <3

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Spiders I hate them. I am totally scared of them to the point I will squeal and throw someone towards them to save myself. That I have time to escape.

Yeah I hate spiders as well..
Must be hard to live in Australia when you're afraid of spiders :) I bet they are much bigger
than the things I usually find in the bathtub...

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Because I'm autistic I have to deal with psychologists and psychiatrists a lot. Sometimes they act like I'm a retard and I can't survive a day without their help. It really frustrates me; especially because the Asperger syndrome is just a milder form of autism.
they try to make up excuses for everything. If I mess up a history test and get a bad grade my support teacher blames it on the autism. "she can't help it, she is autistic. You should let her do that test again". What a nonsense! I may be autistic but I am a normal kid too. Sometimes I'm gaming and I don't feel like studying at all. So when I get a bad grade it has nothing to do with autism.
And everything I do is, according to them, related to the Asperger syndrome. If they would find out today I actually go to forums about video games I have to go to the psychologist tomorrow for a conversation. They will let me do tests to determine if there's anything wrong with me. "Because why would someone with autism look for social interaction?"

I just hate that so much. I wish people treated me normal.. They make me feel like there actually is something wrong with me. When I talk to people on school or here on the forums I feel insecure because people tell me all the time I can't have a normal social life... :sadface: