Companions VS Thieves Guild VS College of Winterhold

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who would win this war?

• Total voters

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
What if I disguise myself as a harmless citizen?

ShadowGambit

I would poison your food. I will not even be there when you die. You won't be able to detect it because you have no spell for it :)

On a side note: the game has cure disease but not sure that the game has cure poison...

Or snipe you with my bow from over 500 feet. Your detect life doesn't have that range :)

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
ShadowGambit is right, the DB knows how to improvise.

KritikalPT

I would use detect life/dead and see you, then since i see you, your dagger will do like 20 damage, then i use incinerate to kill you in one hit because you have low hp and high stamina.

The thing is, you'd never know when the Dark Brotherhood would strike, nor where it would strike. You'd have to live constantly checking everything out of fear to the point of paranoia.

In this video, all of the guilds have the same amount of people, and the college still wins:
That's great, I already alluded to that video above, Liked it, and Voted it FTW. And yes, I can count.

While we're on the subject, what was Maven doing in that moshpit. You know, she's not actually a member of the TG, right? Not exactly bettlefield material either. 1 Nightengale, and Mercer Fikken Frey, I can''t even begin to say what's wrong with that, but not Maul, for instance?

Regardless, any way you slice it, teh mages win. They may have been even strength to start, but at the end, I counted 3 Atronachs. I'm sure you've also seen the playoffs for toughest NPCs in the game too, right?

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
That video is invalid, as the DB wouldn't just charge into battle like everyone else.
Were talking about if players controlled the guild members, not AI.

KritikalPT

That video is invalid, as the DB wouldn't just charge into battle like everyone else.
Were talking about if players controlled the guild members, not AI.

If it was up to the players, then it wouldn't be a question of which guild could beat the other, it would be a question of each player's skills, which isn't the best way to look at this.

ShadowGambit

The thing is, you'd never know when the Dark Brotherhood would strike, nor where it would strike. You'd have to live constantly checking everything out of fear to the point of paranoia.

KritikalPT is right. living in fear of assassination is even worth than being killed. You won't be able to sleep, because detect life doesn't work when you sleep, so you will be afraid I sneak on you. You won't be able to eat for the reason I said above. You won't be able to get out in the open, also for the reason I said above.

You will be a prisoner of yourself, when I will take my sweet time to get at you, whenever I want :)

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
@KritikalPT: Oh, I thought that was what this thread is about because of this post:
Just...no. If we were pitted against each other, don't think i wouldn't be able to see you just by crouching. And besides, admit it, if skyrim had a pvp option, assassin build would be the worst.Anyways i already know all the spells so dont try that on me/
If it was AI controlled the mages would win because AI can't be stealthy.

KritikalPT

Well, I might misunderstood the original point of this thread, if so, then oops.

Still, if it was up to the player controlling the guild members, then anything could happen, depending on the skill of each player's skill with the abilities given, so the end result is hard to predict.
However, if the AI would fight with all its abilities and was able to use them properly (assassins actually sneak attack, Companions turning into werewolves, and so on), then I would say that the Mages would win due to the sheer amount of spells they have at their disposal. Never forget that not only can they frenzy and calm other NPC's, they can also summon atronachs to fight at their side, and if someone dies, they'll reanimate them.
Finally, and with some lore mixed in, the Thieves Guild could get some support from the Dark Brotherhood because of Maven, the College could get some help from other well knows wizards and scholars from all around Skyrim, and the Companions... well, I don't know if they could get some external help, as I've yet to see references of people that used to be with them, or that can help them in case they needed.

osheao

companions, easy.

magic within skyrim is, um, disorganized.

the companions would easily win sympathy and rule.

in fact, i could coerce solitude into supporting me against the magic heathens.

SvenVolfeid

i chose the theives guild, but i reckon the dark brotherhood would win, just go and assassinate all the higher ups of the other guilds and then the rest of the recruits would all start running around like chickens with thier heads cut off thus making them easy targets for a well placed arrow to the head

darkblade382

i think the thieves guild will win because maven blackbiar will help them and get good profit
i will make a list of people that are allies with the guild

blackbiar familliy giving them the allies riften guards and the darkbrotherhood
nightingales
enthir from the mage college
the agorian in the winking skeever
the battle-born familliy
a thane from solitude
the kahjiit caravans
the thieves guild fences

BigBad

Person of Interest
I'd have to give this one to the Companions based on sheet combat experience and training, provided they equip themselves properly (enchanted armor, with appropriate resists).

But honestly, the winner is whichever side the Dragonborn fights for, even if it was the Bard's College.

Valyn

You guys aren't even talking about a fight, you are saying that you're the only one trying to kill me, and I'm not trying to kill you. You are just talking about an assassination, not a versus, where all sides know they are in the fight. And last I checked, the thread does have a VS in it.

Yeah, this discussion long ago degenerated from debating actual strategy, and tactics, to "Oh yeah!?" Why people get all butt-hurt over something someone said about a faction in a game they like but didn't actually create is beyond me. Sooo middle school.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts