Why do some People think Ulfric Stormcloak is Racist

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ivory

Let's Player
And you think the Argonians and the Dunmers of Windhelm cares about other races? After all it's not their war to fight remember? :)

Oh and don't forget this
TESV2012-10-0819-16-34-22.png

TESV2012-10-0819-17-04-58.png
You can't expect people to care about people who treat them as less then equals do you? While this dark elf should care, morally, he's not obligated to. It really isn't his war. This is like saying why did the US take so long to join WWII. It wasnt their war. The average American didnt want to see their families split apart for a war they had no business in. When the Japanese (God bless the horros they've gone through recently.) then they took action. Then it was their fight. Even one of America's founding fathers said as he left presidency two things. Don't make political parties and Dont involve yourself in foreign affairs. We've done both those things and its created an immense amount of enemies. And when the US did join in? Who did they call spies? Who did they imprision for being who they are and force them to live in camps? The Japanese.

As for the topic at hand, no the dark elf doesn't care. I wouldn't want him as a leader at all just as I wouldn't want Ulfric as one. Justifying Ulfric by the common ideal of a dark elf who lives under the disrespect of the people who are being murdered is just silly. In fact, it strengthens that Ulfric is a horrible leader because of his neglect, hatred is being born. Does this sound familiar with a certain Vampire daughter and her father?

My guess is it's displacement. A lot of Nords are Racist, Most Stormcloaks are Nords, Ulfric is THE Stormcloak, ∴ Ulfric is Racist. It's a logical fallacy (Or 3 in a row) mind you, but that doesn't stop people from saying it. Galmar, now that guy's a damned bigot, but I've never heard USC say, or do a single racist thing in the entire game.

FullmetalHeart20

My guess is it's displacement. A lot of Nords are Racist, Most Stormcloaks are Nords, Ulfric is THE Stormcloak, ∴ Ulfric is Racist. It's a logical fallacy (Or 3 in a row) mind you, but that doesn't stop people from saying it. Galmar, now that guy's a damned bigot, but I've never heard USC say, or do a single racist thing in the entire game.
He rules Windhelm and the Pale. Everything about it is a reflection of his values.

Balderdash, that's the same kind of reverse inference as detailed above. "He's Jarl of the Pale, Dunmer suffer in the Pale, therefore he's racist." So, Obama is to blame for Westboro Baptist Church picketing the Sandy Hook merorial services? He didn't stop it, amiright? There's an intellectual leap there, that doesn't necessarilly follow. You've played the game, better yet, go ito his palace, listen to his most empassioned speech, and arguing with Galmar, he has several chances to say something racist. The closest he comes is to the effect of "I will not see Skyrim under Thalmor Rule." Listen to why he fights, then go find any redneck anywhere and ask him what he's protecting his country from. I don't think you have a very good concept of what racism is if you can't recognise it's absence when you don't see it.

He's the only Jarl who took in Dunmer refugees, period. Ok, they are poor, and live in a slum, have you ever been to a refugee camp? He allows racism in his underlings, therefore he's a racist? That's not evidence, come back when you got some.

FullmetalHeart20

Balderdash, that's the same kind of reverse inference as detailed above. "He's Jarl of the Pale, Dunmer suffer in the Pale, therefore he's racist." So, Obama is to blame for Westboro Baptist Church picketing the Sandy Hook merorial services? He didn't stop it, amiright? There's an intellectual leap there, that doesn't necessarilly follow. You've played the game, better yet, go ito his palace, listen to his most empassioned speech, and arguing with Galmar, he has several chances to say something racist. The closest he comes is to the effect of "I will not see Skyrim under Thalmor Rule." Listen to why he fights, then go find any redneck anywhere and ask him what he's protecting his country from. I don't think you have a very good concept of what racism is if you can't recognise it's absence when you don't see it.

He's the only Jarl who took in Dunmer refugees, period. Ok, they are poor, and live in a slum, have you ever been to a refugee camp? He allows racism in his underlings, therefore he's a racist? That's not evidence, come back when you got some.
A legal policy keeps the Dunmer in the Grey Quarter, not economics. Would you call failing to lift it racism or laziness? Also, plenty of other holds have Dunmer. Now whose making intellectual leaps?

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer

In no way can you compare Obama to anyone in Tamriel.

1. Obama is the figurehead of a country and doesn't have supreme authority, unlike Ulfric.

2. Obama is leader of a country of 315 million, waaaaaaaaaay more then Ulfric rules over therefore specific groups of people such as the WBC can be overlooked.

3. Obama can't even be blamed for the WBC (unlike Ulfric with the Dumner in his own city) ,American laws of Freedom of Speech are to blame for that.

Ulfric has the utmost authority in his hold and if he neglects a certain people, it is a reflection on his own beliefs, however you may choose to perceive them. Whether he says something racist isn't really relevant, anybody can be racist without being verbal about it. Actions speak much louder than words.

You'd have a point here if the Dumner lived in a refugee camp, which they don't. They live inside the city in a slum. They've lived there for so long you can't really refer to them as refugees anymore, anyways. A lot of the Dumners have jobs, make a menial amount, but they are forced to live in the slums and not just because they are poor.

He doesn't just allow, but he allows it to continue. He may not be verbal about it but the fact of the matter is, there is an extremely racist policy that was put forth before he became Jarl. He has neglected to deal with that policy because it doesn't directly affect the Nords, which are the ones who will join him in his cause.

rac·ism

[rey-siz-uh m]

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

If Ulfric truly wasn't racist then he would abolish the policy, simple as that. It's just he doesn't give a plops about the Dumner because none of their problems affect Nords.

Come back when you actually have an argument to put forth.

I wasn't comparing Obama to anyone, I was comparing fallacies. You're right, actions do speak louder than words, you dismiss him as racist for what he hasn't done instead of what he has. None of the Holds in Skyrim allow the Kajiit inside their walls, so does that make Elisif a racist? Balgruuf the Greater? The Thamor are practicing Eugenics, and yet somehow, they're not considered as racist, despite their stated goals to wipe out all of the Human Races, ruling over the lesser Elves, and enslaving the beast races. The Dunmer, the "victims" in this case enslaved the Argonians for centuries, and their ancestors were at least complicit in the Genocide of the Dwemer (Ok, reports are fuzzy one what happened there) and yet the one man that is singled out as the Racist of Skyrim is also the one man who took in the Dunmer, because of their sub-standard living conditions. I stayed out of this debate for a while, knowing what a kneejerk irrational blame game it would be.

Look at the rest of Windhelm, not just the Grey Quarter. This used to be the capitol of all of skyrim, the palace of the Kings was the official seat of all of the High kings. Now, it's just this side of Ruin. He's neglected his entire hold in his bid for the Jagged crown, all of his people are suffering, even the Nords. There's a serial killer snatching up young women, and leaving their bodies out in plain view. This is not Racism, it's neglect, otherwise the Dunmer would be singled out. And they are, by his men. He gave no such order. So again, what has he Done that is racist? All's I've seen him do actively concerning the Dunmer is let them in.

Now, I've said my peace, and I wash my hands of it. If apathy because "None of their problems affect the Nords" is considered high racism in a world of genocidal elves, and dragons enslaving all mortals for thousands of years, no amount of reason will convince you otherwise. Good day.

Ok, one more thing. My hole card, the one racial thing he's done before the return of Alduin, only it wasn't against the Dunmer. Not even the Argonians (Galmar gave that order) In the battle of Markarth, he was instrumental in kicking out the Bretons who became the Forsworn. In all your blind name calling, and bootstrap cicular arguments, as many times as I've asked you "What has he done?" you were so blinded by the plight of the poor Dunmer, you managed to miss the answer the whole time. That's what I was pointing out, not that USC was a saint, he isn't, but the logical fallacies of your arguments. You can ad hominem all you want, dismiss my arguments out of hand, and even vote each other "Winner", but if you can't think rationally, you lose by default.

FullmetalHeart20

People who use strawman arguments tend to think the other side will "loose by default". I liked Ulfric at first. I really did.but despite my best efforts, I couldn't ignore that everything I don't like about Windhelm is there because he's okay with it. He could have Rolff Stone-Fist arrested for harrassing the Grey Quarter's residents, or change the law so Dunmer could live within their means anywhere in the city. Also, one cannot dismiss how...selective he is with military aid. Remember Free-Winter's quest? Kill the bad bandits because Ulfric won't?
Try questioning your own logic before you attack others.

Strawman, eh? So where exactly did I misrepresent either of your arguments? Saying that I was comparing Obama to someone in the game when I was using him as an example of a logical fallacy, That is an example of a Strawman. Or was it I who said that someone had no argument at all? No, I asked for evidence of what he's done, and all I got was what he hasn't done, or allowed to happen. That's another Logical fallacy in a thread full of them, ascribing motive (Racism) by omission, and guilt by association. He's associated with Nords, Stormcloaks, and Windhelm, all of which include Racists. that does not make one a racist. Now, go back and show me one of mine.

FullmetalHeart20

Saying he isn't a racist just because he acts like one. Racism isn't all KKK and ranting hatred. If you could easily change the law to be more racially equal, but don't, it's racist. If you send guards to help your own people, but don't, it's racist. You acknowledge that Ulfric functions like this, yet it somehow it isn't racism to you.

There's another strawman, I acknowledged no such thing. I said he allowed his entire hold to fall into disrepair out of neglect. His castle, the seat of the High Kings is near ruins, and yet the grey quarter is singled out. A Nord boy is doing the black sacrament because his mother was killed, and he was shipped off to the orphanage from hell, all the guards are talking about it, and yet the the Dunmer are the only ones suffering. He's ignoring the (Mixed race) bandits who prey on anyone on the road with coin, and yet this is somehow racially motivated. Pay attention to who's saying all of this in game. Ask the Dunmer, who were allowed into the city, and aren't even being taxed, and it's opression. Ask the loudmouthed bully who struts around the grey quarter shouting racial insults, and he's all "Racism, what racism?" A Nord woman is brutaly slashed, and her body displayed right across from the Temple, yet isn't tracked down, and and when I mention this, it's not even acknowledged. This is bias, a "Strawman" argument misrepresenting the evidence so that only what supports your position is important, and the rest can be ignored. You're so zeroed in on the racism by failure to act against the Dark Elves that you miss the one time he violently acted against a different Race clear on the side of the map. All of Windhelm, and the Pale suffers for Ulfric's neglect. Not just the Dunmer, yay, even the Nords.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Yes, you did. You said
No I didn't. What you quoted was a general observation about xenophobia, not an observation of Ulfric's racism even if you don't understand the difference.
The argument was whether or not Ulfric was a racist or a xenophobe, not whether or not he was morally righteous.
No the argument was about whether the xenophobia you attribute too Ulfric is distinguishable from racism. As it's been pointed out to you numerous times before the basis for xenophobia can be based partially or purely on race and Ulfric's prejudicial attitudes regarding the Dunmer aren't supported by any game content other than the self-defining criteria of the Dunmer's race which is why you can't point to anything in the game that contradicts that notion.
I disagree. I don't think you observe actual things in the game that support the notion that he's racist, as much as you misunderstand the differences between the terms of "racism"; "xenophobia"; perhaps let's throw "nationalism" in the mix.
You observe that he segregates the Dunmer and only the Dunmer within the gates of Windhelm. You also observe that there are categorically no explanations attributing it to cultural differences. You observe that all other races have cultural differences including the Altmer who have as many if not more differences as the Dunmer but none aren't sujbected to segregation in any form. Throwing the term nationalism into the mix does nothing to address the fact that the treatment of the Dunmer spans half a dozen Nord generations which completely dispels the notion that it's cultural or based on them being foreigners. Those kind of bases by nature don't transcend time which is why you can't find a single real life example of that kind of multi-generational xenophobia which isn't synonymous with racism.
It refutes that there is no other character in the game who can refute the basis on which the Dunmer were "segregated".
No it doesn't. Niranye says nothing to refute the basis for which the Dunmer are segregated.
It also refutes that there is an imaginary "population" of Altmer "in" the city (isn't she the only one "in" the city?).
No she isn't.
You become easily confused.
Someone here is confused but it's not me.
It's much more likely that this segregation existed before he was Jarl...
You're late to the show. This is what all of us have acknowledged throughout these threads even if you're only coming to this realization now. It in no way refutes that he elects to enforce it instead of simply ending the practice which takes no effort at all. The fact that it would be so effortless to do so and that he refuses to do so is indicative that he believes the segregation of the Dunmer is valid.
Unfortunately for the Dunmer, they are the primary Non-nord race
It's telling that you can't explain their segregation without making reference to race.
...and they are also refugees from Morrowind.
So what? Refugee status is only relevant in talking about xenophobia in that it explains the initial reaction to a large influx of foreigners. It loses it's relevance over time and the Dunmer's refugee status is no longer any more relevant 180 years later in explaining their treatment than the immigration wave of Chinese to America during the Gold Rush is relevant to explaining the attitude of the Aryan Nation regarding Chinese Americans in the U.S. today.
She said "The Dunmer are too proud and naive to see the way things truly are, and so they continue to dwell in that slum."
Which in no way supports the notion that she stated that the Dunmer are responsible for their situation.
Either way, she is THE other elven citizen who potentially falls under "racism" category
She is not the only other Altmer in the city. Also if you're going to take what the game presents to you in terms of the size and composition of the populations of the cities in such a literal fashion instead of acknowledging that it's simply a scaled down representation to render the game playable then, for you, the world of Skyrim is composed of a Stormcloak army and Imperial Legion of less than a hundred each, capital cities populated by only around 5 dozen residents, and a province that is populated by less than a thousand people and is smaller than the island of Manhattan.
...and she describes how she avoided it prejudice..
She does not describe how she avoided segregation because there is no segregation based on being an outsider. It is applied purely on the basis of race and the that race is Dunmer not Altmer which is why you can't produce a scintilla of game content that refutes that notion.
....and how they did not.
She is not describing anything of the sort.
Whether this is opinion, or intelligent observation on her part is not understood...
..by you. To anyone that understands what an opinion is it's her opinion. All assertions by a person can be categorized as opinions but some opinions have truth value to them and some do not. For example if I'm of the opinion that the world isn't flat and you won't sale off it's edge and be lost in the nether it's an opinion but it also has truth value to it. An opinion which only talks about the pride and naivety of the Dunmer with nothing else, especially in light of the facts that there are Dunmer that don't convey any such sense of pride or naivety such as Belyn Hlaalu and Suvaris Atheron doesn't give one any basis to attribute much, if any, truth value to that opinion or that the opinion is even about their segregation as opposed to their squalid living conditions within the Gray Quarter.
My argument never mentioned the Aldmeri Dominion. Nords are distrustful of all elven kinds. Which Altmer? Niranye? She was treated with suspicion.
Your argument mentioned suspicion based on being a foreigner. As the Aldmeri Dominion is the place of origin for Altmer it's indicative that the Nords would be far more suspicious of Altmer than Dunmer. As previously noted there's little historical basis for being suspicious of Dunmer as they have never done anything as a race to inspire such distrust unless you consider defending one's home from multiple invasions as a likely basis to distrust them. It's still a far weaker basis to do so compared to a race that originates from a nation state with a ruling class which openly proselytizes racial superiority and the eradication of one of the most highly valued aspects of Nord culture.
Which Altmer? Niranye? She was treated with suspicion.
Again, she's not the only Altmer in the city. Regardless and more importantly Niranye stated the local Nords treat outsiders in general with suspicion without reference to them being of any specific race. No outsiders are segregated because of said suspicion which makes sense because, as pointed out to you before, segregating where outsiders can live while allowing them to otherwise freely roam about the city does nothing to allay such suspicions.

Further the Dunmer aren't outsiders. One cannot intelligently and rationally refer to people who have resided within the city for several generations as outsiders. As such there is no game content which implies or from which one can rationally infer that the Dunmer are being segregated because of suspicions based on their being outsiders. Pointing to Niranye's statements actually undermines that position as it explicitly states that all outsiders are initially treated as suspicious while none are segregated because of such suspicion, not even the Dunmer, whose segregation is based on their race.
..You're right; Tamriel is a planet lolwhut..
Clinging to this one irrelevant mistake on the lore along with your growing proclivity to engage in equally irrelevant ad hominems only illustrates your growing desperation because you have nothing to support your weak positions.
a lot of the other hypocritical speculation
Saying something is hypocritical doesn't magically make it so. The vast majority of what I've presented is simply observation of actual game content without speculation and the complete deconstruction of your conclusions as being devoid of any support from the same.
So, you can observe that as "Yeah, he doesn't care about them" or "Yeah he's a filthy racist for not caring about them" that latter of which is fallacious.
No it isn't. Saying it is doesn't magically make it so.
I already explained why it does.... about twice. This doesn't do away with my premise at all.
No you didn't. You merely illustrated your inability to comprehend that my comments about xenophobia that your relying on were commentary on xenophobia in general and not about the treatment of the Dunmer in Windhelm
He clearly continues the segregation policies but most likely because he doesn't care about the situation. Whereas that depicts racism, it does not make him racist. What can he do to influence the autonomy of his other "racist" citizens?
He doesn't have to influence the "autonomy" of other residents of Windhelm. Their autonomy is irrelevant to whether he grants the Dunmer the same residential rights as every other race in Windhelm. Continuing enforcement of segregation is not a passive act and attributing it to mere apathy is indicative of an inability or unwillingness to recognize that in feudal monarchy a Jarl has to support the law in order to continue enforcing it.
..If you had attended all of my points instead of picking ones you thought you could run-on-sentence away, maybe you would be more inclined to understand the logical basis for my notions.
And what points would those be? The ones that are so relevant that you didn't even bring them up again in your response?

It's simultaneously laughable and pathetic that you would equate attacking your positions as personal attacks while engaging in several actual personal attacks in your response. You still haven't presented any game content that supports your opinion that the xenophobia regarding the Dunmer is anything but race based and you still continue to ignore the game content that's been presented to you that contradicts your beliefs about the same.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...None of the Holds in Skyrim allow the Kajiit inside their walls, so does that make Elisif a racist? Balgruuf the Greater?
Yup. Thanks for bringing this up though. It supports the notion that racism by all the Jarls in some form is normative which is why the objective impact of Ulfric's racism regarding the Dunmer of Windhelm is greatly overstated by many as a reason not to join the Stormcloaks (I don't find it particularly compelling).
The Thamor are practicing Eugenics, and yet somehow, they're not considered as racist, despite their stated goals to wipe out all of the Human Races, ruling over the lesser Elves, and enslaving the beast races.
I'm not sure why you would imply that there's anything other an overwhelming consensus within the player community supported by the lore that the Thalmor are the most egregiously racist faction in all of Tamriel.
...and yet the one man that is singled out as the Racist of Skyrim is also the one man who took in the Dunmer...
While many greatly overstate the extent of Ulfric's particular and relatively mild practice of racism others are in a state of complete denial that what he's doing to the Dunmer in Windhelm is an act of racism (much like some are in denial that the banning of Khajiit from the capital cities is an act of racism shared by all of the Jarls in Skyrim). Ulfric is not the only Jarl in Skyrim who took the Dunmer in. He is not even the person who took the Dunmer into Windhelm. Their arrival predates his birth. The most generous things you could say about him in that regard is that he has not expelled the Dunmer from Windhelm or made their conditions any worse since he became the Jarl of Eastmarch.
...Look at the rest of Windhelm, not just the Grey Quarter. This used to be the capitol of all of skyrim, the palace of the Kings was the official seat of all of the High kings. Now, it's just this side of Ruin.
That's a bit of an overstatement. The Gray Quarter and Hjerim (at least initially) are shabby but the rest of the city is no worse than any other capital city. It may be your perception because it tends to be overcast and often snowy in Windhelm while the other cities enjoy a climate that makes them appear more bright and welcoming, but the Palace of Kings, Stone Quarter, Candelhearth and the other houses are as well maintained as any location you'll find in any other capital city.
...He's neglected his entire hold in his bid for the Jagged crown, all of his people are suffering, even the Nords. There's a serial killer snatching up young women, and leaving their bodies out in plain view. This is not Racism, it's neglect, otherwise the Dunmer would be singled out.
To my knowledge no one attributes any of this as evidence of racism.
And they are, by his men.
I see no active evidence that the Stormcloaks single out the Dunmer. Rolff isn't one of his men, he's the idiot brother of Galmar and what he says only reflects his own rather obvious bigotry. The only act of race based discrimination that can be attributed to the Stormcloaks would be based on the homogenous racial composition of the same, but that's not specific to the Dunmer.
He gave no such order. So again, what has he Done that is racist?
He discriminates against the Dunmer based on their race by continuing to restrict the Dunmer to the Gray Quarter when it comes to where they can reside. It's not apathy, it's open support of a law which he and he alone has the authority to maintain and could easily rescind as his word is quite literally the law of the Hold and beyond contestation by his subjects. In the larger scheme of things, it's a relatively mild form of racism as the Dunmer are still free to do anything else that any other citizen of Windhelm can do, but it's still a form of racial segregation that diminishes their rights compared to the other races no matter how small that diminishment might be.

Right, now see that right there is a rational argument. Sure he's racist, not particularly by the standards of Tamriel, but that's not what the people who single him out are saying. He's neglecting the Dark Elves, not overturning the segregation to the Grey Quarter, and genearlly being a bad Jarl in his bid for High King. And no, the Dunmer may be suffering more, but all of Windhelm is a crapsack hold. There's rubble on the steps up to the Palace of the Kings, all of the stones are rough, most of them broken, and the plackards listing the prior High Kings are faded to illegible. It's not just overcast, and snow, the only walls as jagged as the one beside the path to the Aretiino residence is the palasades atop the neat maintained stone walls around Whirerun, and the near ruin out front, which is intermittantly bombarded with catapults, and Dragon Attacks. Go check out the front defenses, and western watchtower, then every stone, and building of Windhelm. It's not just lack of sunlight. Are those walls older than those of markarth? Sure, Riften is a cess pit of corruption, but the walls are maintained. I've seen Oakland under a coat of snow, it was beautiful, and overcast at the time, I might add. Sure it's old, ancient, even, but there doesn't appear to be any regular maintenance around the entire hold, it's falling apart. Other than that, I agree almost completely with Dagmar.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You can't expect people to care about people who treat them as less then equals do you? While this dark elf should care, morally, he's not obligated to. It really isn't his war. This is like saying why did the US take so long to join WWII. It wasnt their war. The average American didnt want to see their families split apart for a war they had no business in. When the Japanese (God bless the horros they've gone through recently.) then they took action. Then it was their fight. Even one of America's founding fathers said as he left presidency two things. Don't make political parties and Dont involve yourself in foreign affairs. We've done both those things and its created an immense amount of enemies. And when the US did join in? Who did they call spies? Who did they imprision for being who they are and force them to live in camps? The Japanese.

As for the topic at hand, no the dark elf doesn't care. I wouldn't want him as a leader at all just as I wouldn't want Ulfric as one. Justifying Ulfric by the common ideal of a dark elf who lives under the disrespect of the people who are being murdered is just silly. In fact, it strengthens that Ulfric is a horrible leader because of his neglect, hatred is being born. Does this sound familiar with a certain Vampire daughter and her father?

Susanna the Wicked, A nord woman, who worked Candlehearth would tell the player: "You didn't hear it from me, but if you want a real drink, try the Cornerclub in the Gray Quarter." After she gets murdered by the butcher you would think that Ambarys Rendar would give her some sympathies, but no. Shes not a Dunmer therefor he doesn't give two plopss. I'm certain that he would still have the same piss poor attitude if someone like Brunwulf Free-Winter got murdered. Hes not a Dunmer so why should he care? Hes just another "white-skinned, jaundice-haired apes"Nord of this godsforsaken frozen wilderness. If you wanna see true racism in Windhelm go look at Ambarys Rendar. Hes probably the most racist piece of trash there. You wonder why they get treated like garbage?

Ivory

Let's Player
Susanna the Wicked, A nord woman, who worked Candlehearth would tell the player: "You didn't hear it from me, but if you want a real drink, try the Cornerclub in the Gray Quarter." After she gets murdered by the butcher you would think that Ambarys Rendar would give her some sympathies, but no. Shes not a Dunmer therefor he doesn't give two plopss. I'm certain that he would still have the same piss poor attitude if someone like Brunwulf Free-Winter got murdered. Hes not a Dunmer so why should he care? Hes just another "white-skinned, jaundice-haired apes"Nord of this godsforsaken frozen wilderness. If you wanna see true racism in Windhelm go look at Ambarys Rendar. Hes probably the most racist piece of trash there. You wonder why they get treated like garbage?
Yes, because every single Dark elf in windhelm is racist. One dunmer talks for all of them. Now you're blatantly assuming the worst in characters with no real backing on situations that don't happen. You're being ignorant if you think "Oh it's the dark elves fault everyone treats them like crap." That's like me saying all Nords deserve to be enslaved because galmar's brother represents them all and he'd not care if Ulfric died. The dark elves show support and respect to free winter, especially after the imperials take control and are overjoyed that things are now slowly improving.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Hes probably the most racist piece of trash there. You wonder why they get treated like garbage?

So his apathetic comment on a Nord's death somehow makes him worse than the Nords who threaten the Dunmer, discriminate them publicly and force them into impoverished slums?

Are we playing the same videogame?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Who died and made the Greybeards kings of the voice? What right do they have to say that the voice should only be used for peace reasons? That's what I want to know. I hate the Blades with the passion, but I agree with Delphine when she tells you "If they had their way, you'd do nothing but sit up on their mountain with them and talk to the sky, or whatever it is they do. The Greybeards are so afraid of power that they won't use it. Think about it. Have they tried to stop the civil war, or done anything about Alduin? No. And they're afraid of you, of your power. Trust me, there's no need to be afraid. Think of Tiber Septim. Do you think he'd have founded the Empire if he'd listened to the Greybeards?"

Oh and if Ulfric hadn't used the voice to take back the reach from the forsworn the Empire wouldn't had control over the holds. Ulfric did the Empire a favor by using the voice to fight against the forsworn, and winning back control over the reach.

Who died and made the Greybeards king of the Voice? Probably about thousands of nords when a Nord war leader used the voice as a weapon and his entire army was destroyed because he upset the gods with his misuse of the voice. Other than that I'd say that would make them king of voice.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
I'm not a big fan of the Dunmer. I stay out of their way the majority of the time and would rather fraternise with a people that aren't so aloof and assuming...