Skyrim Special Edition - What do you think?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you like the NEW Skyrim Special Edition

• Yes its fantastic

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No its crap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am stilll deciding

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I dont give a care

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Now, with the help of the modding community, that I have been able to get my mods up and running and my game to stop crashing on a regular basis (thank you @Kyra on beth.net!), I am enjoying myself immensily and intend to start posting screenshots, video and fan-fics as soon as possible.

Vex

Master Nightblade
Personally, I've been having an immense amount of fun with the Remastery. I had the original for the 360 and seeing the graphical improvement on the Xb1 with additional mod support... It almost feels like a brand new game. The mods are really just icing on the cake as it now provides me with an entirely new level of immersion I previously did not have access to since I'm purely a console gamer. The game runs beautifully and that's with me running around 40-50 different mods simultaneously. The mods for imrproved combat AI, additional spells, reworked perk trees and leveling and even entirely new races has provided me with my ES fixation until ES6 releases.

Tl;dr The game feels, looks and plays amazingly and was definitely worth the $60 spent.. even though I had logged more than 200 hours on the vanilla Skyrim for the 360.

jonathan90

well known member
I am amazed what this new update brang into my game.
The achievements looks so clear crystal clear.

Rare achievements are great! we need more!!

Reactions: Sah
I didn't vote in the poll because I find myself liking SE but not totally bowled over by it.

I like the better graphics and I really appreciate the smaller save files but the irritating bugs are still there along with some new ones that I've not encountered in old Skyrim. Also the game load screen takes forever.

Mining ore is very temperamental. My character will often start the action and then put away the pick and stand up again or even stop mining before the vein is depleted. It's very frustrating.

Lastly, I thought that Bethesda could have done something with the drab player homes like Breezehome and especially Severin Manor which is still more like a dungeon than a home.

To finish on a good note, the game is incredibly stable. I'm not getting any CTDs, so a big thumbs up to Bethesda for that.

Sah

after completing all the game this one can now say what she thinks about SSE

Full Review next in post

Sah

It's the Bomb !! Alot of Cool surprises, for the second time around.. Alot of good kick Ass Mods...Makes you want it even more for your own
Regular getaway place/ World ...Btw- I've been away for too long,,what's new Sah the Sexy Diva! which Race di you choose for this edition :beermug:;)

ohhhh my dear friend his one is so glad your back <3
sorry to say prices for massages have gone up ....Inflation :sadface:

Nord Warrior was this ones last incarnation, still floating in limbo land because has not installed mods yet so at the moment this one looks like she has a massive hang over :eek: & a very bad hair day :oops:

want a massage? ..........giggles :yay:

K5mow

Sorry for the test message. The reason I did it because Tapatalk does not allow me to make a new message or use the quote option. I can only reply to messages.

Ancano

High Justiciar
Oh I'm sure it'll be fine. I must admit however, it seems unusual that they'd go the 'Special Edition' route rather than simply releasing a DLC or some addon to modify the base game. Seems more reasonable to me, however.

Last edited:

jonathan90

well known member
This game is one of the most epic most technical diverse world in an RPG game I have ever seen . It's just finding new different items and quests never seem to end. I remember todd howard said it took massive teams of people to create this game ,designers, weapon layouts ,dungeons, voice actors and etc.
The game has more stuff in it then what Bethesda have ever done.
The thing is what really angers me and I feel like slapping people across the face and knocking some sense into them when they say skyrim sucks.
people should not say any games suck! and learn to appreciate that skyrim is no ordinary game because it has taken a lot of effort and patience by the game creators what power skyrim has is a real virtual world with possibilities are endless.anything can happen to you in skyrim.

Ancano

High Justiciar
This game is one of the most epic most technical diverse world in an RPG game I have ever seen . It's just finding new different items and quests never seem to end. I remember todd howard said it took massive teams of people to create this game ,designers, weapon layouts ,dungeons, voice actors and etc.
The game has more stuff in it then what Bethesda have ever done.
The thing is what really angers me and I feel like slapping people across the face and knocking some sense into them when they say skyrim sucks.
people should not say any games suck! and learn to appreciate that skyrim is no ordinary game because it has taken a lot of effort and patience by the game creators what power skyrim has is a real virtual world with possibilities are endless.anything can happen to you in skyrim.

Indeed. However, I had sincerely hoped someone with a fresh perspective could have worked on the Special Edition Project (and Elder Scrolls Online for that matter). As with original Skyrim, it seems to me the overall surface area of the map is too small for the amount of content 'shoved in there'. For someone who played Oblivion religiously for two years, one thing that still stands out from that game is the ability to literally get lost. There are still parts of Oblivion I've never explored as opposed to Skyrim, where it seems in many areas both sites and encounters are crammed together so close, to where one could trigger numerous encounters in rapid sequence simply by running in a straight line, with sites (dungeons) parked too close to each other in some areas. Not mention how the world map looking down appears as a train wreck. Ideally, Skyrim and ESO should have had a map similar to the E3 demonstration for RSI, the one where the guy lands on that desert planet. Think about that, with more open space, maybe not as much as in that demo however something similar the game would take longer to finish and would be more satisfying because the choosier locals and cities would take longer and be harder to reach, like in Oblivion. Think MadMax map if you will. The map is so large, it takes a car to drive around in, however that would help facilitate need for a mount and cut down on people doing stupid things like trying to run over a mountain with a horse.

In short, Skyrim has room for improvement. While I applaud this latest edition to the series, I would encourage future development teams to take a step back once they declare their work complete, take a month off and then go back and look over everything again rather than just cramming everything together, as even the best content can become boring and mundane when context is thrown out.

jonathan90

well known member
I know this is going to sound kind of strange but when I am in Skyrim it feels like a real virtual world ... everything around you is AI created but when I go to first person second person it feels like an overlap of this world.Like your passing into a different plain of existence.
An existence where everything is mythical. did you know we are in 1st person mode in real life as we can also see each other in 3rd person if we wanted to..
Crazy feeling of world I get with Skyrim, strange it's the matrix.. lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts