Skyrim Special Edition - What do you think?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you like the NEW Skyrim Special Edition

• Yes its fantastic

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No its crap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am stilll deciding

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I dont give a care

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Why Skyrim? Why not Morrowind/Oblivion remastered?
Easy answer on this one. Basically they would have to rewrite the entire game on either choice as they are so antiquated. Plus, no modern gamer would put up with the convoluted mechanics and incomprehensible storylines and lack of hand-holding that either game required.

We modern gamers are a bunch of weenies. I'll readily admit it.

Still... it would have been nice. Sigh....

Reactions: Sah

jonathan90

well known member
I started off with my nord and im building him up to level 25 I got all the perks I need for his build.
But the game as usual never stops as the quests get bigger and bigger everytime and you just keep getting more misc objectives and quests.
you will never be stuck without something to do in this game becuase it's full on.This is the most coolest feature of skyrim feel of gameplay like your actually in the land of skyrim in remastered.

Razi

I can't play it beacuse I don't have a good enough Graphic Card, I wanna buy NVIDIA 1080

Manmangler

I always think that Flying and spawning horses was Physic engine bug over 60 FPS. But I have 60 limit and still those horse spawn in air. Because game war cruel, I gonna eat some Metwurst today ;)
standalone

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Considering my wife doesn't play many PC heavy games (aside from WoW) and plays Xbone more, I'll end up buying it. Although its in 64 bit now instead of 32 so it'll be interesting to see if this helps respark the modding community.

Eolexis

It feels very much the same to me at least graphically, I was expecting it to be more like Online in that regard. It is very bugged still, in some ways good with horse climbing mountains but other ways really bad. I wish you could turn off the Dawnguard DLC because that spawns Vampires that kill NPC's, especially a certain one that can result in failing the main quest.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
After reading all comments and summing them up. Here's what conclusion I came up with.

-Console users are realy satisfied it seems. It means that SSE succeded in it's goal, making skyrim more enjoyable to play on new and next gen consoles.
-PC users feel kinda neutral. However, thede things must be mentioned. SSE comes with all DLCs which makes it realy good investition. On top of that, it CAN be modded which is rly good news. Few bugs fixed is tiny bonus!

This thread changed my mind about SSE indeed! At first I thought it was meaningless investition. But that was just my ignorance. I had no idea it contained all DLCs, and for 40€ that is super cheap. (40€ on Steam, I believe).

Still poor me cant even hope to lunch this. DX-11? 8GB RAM? Imaginary nouns for me...

Radia964

It's the Bomb !! Alot of Cool surprises, for the second time around.. Alot of good kick Ass Mods...Makes you want it even more for your own
Regular getaway place/ World ...Btw- I've been away for too long,,what's new Sah the Sexy Diva! which Race di you choose for this edition :beermug:;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Surprisingly, the "Anti-Mod" player has installed a bunch of mods on the PS4 and is having a blast. Clothing, horse, dogs, gold, resources, graphics, AI, conversations, Hippee, etc.

It's awesome now! (not that it always wasn't, but...), plus it makes RP so much easier. I've been playing a sneaky dunmer over the weekend while I wait for comments on my Dibellan build that I'm going to start tonight.

I'll be posting a series of letters home from Hana Grey to her Sister in the Imperial City on vellum-like graphic. I hope y'all enjoy them!

Mwhals

I can't advance the Thieves Guild quest line, because of a missing NPC who shows as being completely off the map. I do not remember the 2011 version ever having this problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I love it but I admittedly haven't even seen what the vanilla SE looks like. I'm on Xbox one so the first thing I did was install a bunch of mods. I'm absolutely ensorcelled.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mwhals

I can't advance the Thieves Guild quest line, because of a missing NPC who shows as being completely off the map. I do not remember the 2011 version ever having this problem.

The 1.1 patch for consoles fixed this issue for me. The same patch was issued to PC too.

Mwhals

With xbox one patch 1.1, I can not finish Ansilvand Excavation due to constant crashing. There was no crashing prior to patch 1.1. Now patch 1.2 has been released to PC with consoles coming next to fix the crashing issue. I am done until the patch releases.

Tyer032392

I've been playing Skyrim off and on for the past two years even though I kinda forgot about these forums until yesterday. Anyways, Skyrim SE is great seeing as Bethesda integrated x64 bit into the engine which really helps with the load times, and providing more RAM for the game to use. It also makes me hopeful that Bethesda may continue work on Skyrim to hold us over until the next game in the series is released which IMHO would be great. The DLC that I am hoping for would be to completely revamp the Civil War questline and add a conclusion to it with either Elisif, Ulfric, or even the Dragonborn becoming the monarch of Skyrim.

Tyer032392

They said there are no more DLCs.

Yes, they did say that a few years ago; however, the fact that they implemented 64 bit into the engine which is no simple task makes me believe that they may have changed their stance. Just a little tidbit about 64bit, a game dev that I use to to do beta testing for took two years with over two-hundred employees to implement x64 bit into their x32 bit engine; granted it's a strategy game based on a modular game engine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts