Skyrim Special Edition - What do you think?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you like the NEW Skyrim Special Edition

• Yes its fantastic

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No its crap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am stilll deciding

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I dont give a care

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Razi

Why Skyrim? Why not Morrowind/Oblivion remastered?

Reactions: Sah

Manmangler

Because they need sell the game fot console peoples. Morrowind without questmaker or Oblivion with quest that need thinking not just fect and kill qont so so much Call Of Duty peoples...

jonathan90

well known member
I still don't have PS4 and am reluctant to buy a whole new console just to play a game I already have.

So, are there any major improvements, beside visuals? What about the DLCs, Hearthfire, Dawnguard and Dragonborn? Do they come with it and we have to install them seperately? Do we get control over what features we can include? And have any of the wonky quests been rectified? I can't think of any right now, but let's just say those students that went missing from Winterhold - are their jewels actually presented as quests now? Are there still some quests that stay stuck in your journal despite completing them?

I might have more questions later, i should probably start a thread to have them all answered.

Might be a good idea to buy a next gen console with Skyrim remastered.next gen console stores far more gigabytes of data then previous gen console .but really it's up to you..
You will not have as many glitches or bugs as you do with previous gen console to next gen console .the upgrade is a good idea because you get full close HD graphics,as you may get very few bugs then previous gen console.but Skyrim will run smooth for you on next gen console but still be bugs but very few on Xbox one and ps4.

jonathan90

well known member
I still don't have PS4 and am reluctant to buy a whole new console just to play a game I already have.

So, are there any major improvements, beside visuals? What about the DLCs, Hearthfire, Dawnguard and Dragonborn? Do they come with it and we have to install them seperately? Do we get control over what features we can include? And have any of the wonky quests been rectified? I can't think of any right now, but let's just say those students that went missing from Winterhold - are their jewels actually presented as quests now? Are there still some quests that stay stuck in your journal despite completing them?

I might have more questions later, i should probably start a thread to have them all answered.
Quests are all the same everything is the same except the graphics have changed and improved.not just the graphics but the feel of gameplay.

LuChao

The Martial artist
the reason they did Skyrim remastered is because they had it easily transferred into next gen graphics Morrowind and Oblivion will take a hell of a lot more time to remaster due to having to rebuild everything from ground up on the new graphic engines hopefully in future they do release oblivion and morrowind with new graphics

Razi

the reason they did Skyrim remastered is because they had it easily transferred into next gen graphics Morrowind and Oblivion will take a hell of a lot more time to remaster due to having to rebuild everything from ground up on the new graphic engines hopefully in future they do release oblivion and morrowind with new graphics
But skyrim already has great graphics, it doesn't need a remaster IMO, I'd prefer they'll focus on ES6

Manmangler

But skyrim already has great graphics, it doesn't need a remaster IMO, I'd prefer they'll focus on ES6
Really, Skyrim without mods is game like 2012. Those graphics are just notmal textures SCALED UP, not new textures with better resolution. Do we talk even meshes Yargh.....
52C7AC5F2F98F675C06062447596CC5763C157B4

left Side Skyrim SE with SMIM mod, Rigth side Skyrim SE without MODS..... What Year this is 2012

sticky runes

Might be a good idea to buy a next gen console with Skyrim remastered.next gen console stores far more gigabytes of data then previous gen console .but really it's up to you..
You will not have as many glitches or bugs as you do with previous gen console to next gen console .the upgrade is a good idea because you get full close HD graphics,as you may get very few bugs then previous gen console.but Skyrim will run smooth for you on next gen console but still be bugs but very few on Xbox one and ps4.
I might just wait and see. Maybe there'll be more bug fixes and stuff in future. PS3 users were late in getting the DLCs, so maybe PS4 users will get other things added at a later date (I'm a PS fan, not into xbox) Of course, if some sort of Skyrim edition console gets released like that star wars battle front thing, then I'll be all over it, but I'm not holding my breath.

LuChao

The Martial artist
Really, Skyrim without mods is game like 2012. Those graphics are just notmal textures SCALED UP, not new textures with better resolution. Do we talk even meshes Yargh.....
52C7AC5F2F98F675C06062447596CC5763C157B4

left Side Skyrim SE with SMIM mod, Rigth side Skyrim SE without MODS..... What Year this is 2012
you all must remember I'm coming at this from a PS4 point of view so I don't have the SMIM mod but even the developers said skyrim remastered for consoles was quicker since its the same engine they used for Fallout 4 so they just switched Skyrim over to the fallout 4 next gen engine since Skyrim and Fallout 4 engines are same Oblivion and Morrowind are old engines that need to be remade from ground up on todays engine

LuChao

The Martial artist
they are working on ES6 Skyrim remaster was a money grab and to hint at possible future projects we can always hope for all 3 elder scrolls Morrowind Oblivion and 6 to be in future ^_^

Razi

they are working on ES6 Skyrim remaster was a money grab and to hint at possible future projects we can always hope for all 3 elder scrolls Morrowind Oblivion and 6 to be in future ^_^
There's a joke says Elder Scrolls 6 Skyrim 2
Wait What???
6/2=3
Half Life 3 Confirmed

jonathan90

well known member
My character maximus got married to Camilla in skyrim video game.my wife in real life busts me for it lol.I kept telling her its just a video game lol

LuChao

The Martial artist
I think I found my first glitch with mods lol I fast travelled to High Hrothgar went inside and saw Dorthe the daughter of the smith in Riverwood. she was running around the halls of High Hrothgar like it was a playground XD

Razi

I think I found my first glitch with mods lol I fast travelled to High Hrothgar went inside and saw Dorthe the daughter of the smith in Riverwood. she was running around the halls of High Hrothgar like it was a playground XD
How do you rate a comment?

Chadonraz

Can't remember if it occurred on the 360, but on PC one of the most annoying graphical bugs - z-fighting a.k.a flickering mountains - is fixed in the SE. Also rain occlusion has been added. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts