Skyrim On Consoles Sucks...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I play on xbox 360 and think Skyrim is the best game ever invented. I've been hooked ever since it's release and only halo 4 could drag me away for two months but Skyrim offers so much to gamers I still play every night. Also, roleplaying has never been an issue for me as it's based on imagination, not game mods.

yh but after a while the game becomes boring since theres nothing to do
Nothing to do! I've been playing for 6 months now and I'm still discovering new things. The game is huge on console! How much time would you need on vanilla to get bored. I can't imagine having that much time.

Even before I had the Dlcs I never got bored, there is just so much content and it can all be enjoyed with or without mods. Like stated earlier all you need is imagination.

original_funk

Iron is coming
Unfortunately I'm not fortunate enough to own a good enough gaming PC rig to play Skyrim well (the last game I could really play on it was Just Cause 2), so I haven't played it on PC. I'm aware that it is far superior than console, but Skyrim on console really doesn't suck. It's still absolutely brilliant, a work of art

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I used to have skyrim for the 360. It was amazing. I loved it. Then I tried to roleplay...that didn't really work out with the crappy level of immersion without mods. Then one fateful day I got a pc that was able to run skyrim on ultra. Now I can NEVER and I mean NEVER return to the vanialla game. Why you may ask? It just feels so empty. Don't get me wrong, Bethesda did an amazing job with skyrim. It's just the community made skyrim better than it ever was.
I Know what you mean I have over 150 mods installed as we speak like city enhancement mods and the better vampires mod an moonlight tales mod and frostfall and realistic needs and diseases mod and falskaar and wyrmstooth not to mention the graphic mods and the console version on 360 feels lame in comparison.

tx12001

I am disappointed the lack of replies to this
Its not so much lack of replies its just that we console players deal with u spoiled rich pc fanboy trolls so often that most of us have grown immune to your bashing, we just ignore u now. lol

well first of all My laptop isn't even a gaming laptop so can't get to those and ENB graphics and im not really rich so I can't get those awesome PC's and im more of a console player. I just got up and actually got the game for PC
Neither is mine but I am running these graphic mods - Bethesda HD Pack, SWIM Static Mesh Improvement, and he Ultra Lighting Overhaul EMB and Numerous character mods P.S Neither Males or females in my game have clay looking feet no more and I have a highly detailed Nudity Mod - CBBE Curvy Big Bottom Edition, if you want to play with EMBS then stack your game up with improved Fps Mods and anti CTD mods

I used to have skyrim for the 360. It was amazing. I loved it. Then I tried to roleplay...that didn't really work out with the crappy level of immersion without mods. Then one fateful day I got a pc that was able to run skyrim on ultra. Now I can NEVER and I mean NEVER return to the vanialla game. Why you may ask? It just feels so empty. Don't get me wrong, Bethesda did an amazing job with skyrim. It's just the community made skyrim better than it ever was.
I Know what you mean I have over 150 mods installed as we speak like city enhancement mods and the better vampires mod an moonlight tales mod and frostfall and realistic needs and diseases not to mention the graphic mods and the console version on 360 feels lame in comparison.

tx12001

I play it on xbox, never really tried to roleplay.

One reason i'm jealous of pc players i they can mod armor to look really graphical and shiny. Especially nightingale.
Don't worry I used to be like you then I got a PC and know I'm Like them

tx12001

I will always be a firm believer that mods ruin the game, I will never use them.
Actuall y mods can make the game more lore accurate like vampires not drowning
and werewolves turning on a full moon and how the hell can graphic mods ruin your game? fine then look at your character feet and then think about downloading a character improvement mod -
besides that's why their are lore friendly-Mods like horse armour and non-lore friendly mods like cars and guns.

Dravos Brayvern

I love Skyrim on my Xbox! My friend has it on the computer and I was playing one day, and memories of playing Morrowind on the computer came back, and... I remembered how much I hated using a keyboard! I love the Xbox controls so much more! But I do know the value of mods, and I never want to play computer-Skyrim with mods because it won't feel the same on Xbox. I do know about Xbox controllers for computer, but, come on, ain't nobody got money for that! Well, I don't at least haha

tx12001

yh but after a while the game becomes boring since theres nothing to do
Nothing to do! I've been playing for 6 months now and I'm still discovering new things. The game is huge on console! How much time would you need on vanilla to get bored. I can't imagine having that much time.

Even before I had the Dlcs I never got bored, there is just so much content and it can all be enjoyed with or without mods. Like stated earlier all you need is imagination.
you get Mods on the computer like Wyrmstooth which adds a land mass the size of solstheim to the game with lore-friendly quests and then you got falskaar which is about 4 times the size of solstheim or 1/3 the size of skyrim to the game which makes the ingame map massive but that's only on PC and also on the console you can't get frostfall which is truly immersive and real good for roleplaying

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I love Skyrim on my Xbox! My friend has it on the computer and I was playing one day, and memories of playing Morrowind on the computer came back, and... I remembered how much I hated using a keyboard! I love the Xbox controls so much more! But I do know the value of mods, and I never want to play computer-Skyrim with mods because it won't feel the same on Xbox. I do know about Xbox controllers for computer, but, come on, ain't nobody got money for that! Well, I don't at least haha
They're not that bad. $40 at Best Buy for the cheapest ones (if you're in the States). As a matter of fact, you might be able just to plug you current one in to your computer if it has a USB or you have the adapter. It's the PS3 that I've got thats a b***ch!

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I will always be a firm believer that mods ruin the game, I will never use them.
Actuall y mods can make the game more lore accurate like vampires not drowning
and werewolves turning on a full moon and how the hell can graphic mods ruin your game? fine then look at your character feet and then think about downloading a character improvement mod -
besides that's why their are lore friendly-Mods like horse armour and non-lore friendly mods like cars and guns.

Hey man that's pretty cool. reread what you quoted because that's my response to you, could have saved both of us time.

Dravos Brayvern

They're not that bad. $40 at Best Buy for the cheapest ones (if you're in the States). As a matter of fact, you might be able just to plug you current one in to your computer if it has a USB or you have the adapter. It's the PS3 that I've got thats a b***ch!

Yeah but my computer is crap too. If I were to win teh lottery though... Hahaha

tx12001

for those who are stuck with console - their is a way to improve your graphics (SLIGHTY) play around with the Display in the pause menu and you TV's screen colour settings and this should make your game look a bit better but you still have to put up with 2d Chainlinks and clay blob character feet.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
for those who are stuck with console - their is a way to improve your graphics (SLIGHTY) play around with the Display in the pause menu and you TV's screen colour settings and this should make your game look a bit better but you still have to put up with 2d Chainlinks and clay blob character feet.
Ya know. It's good enough. My 42" HD display and PS3 do just fine. I don't need to see the pimples on my characters nose. It's just a game. I am not that immersive. Too many other things going on in my life to pay that much attention to a video game.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Ya know. It's good enough. My 42" HD display and PS3 do just fine. I don't need to see the pimples on my characters nose. It's just a game. I am not that immersive. Too many other things going on in my life to pay that much attention to a video game.
^^ THIS.
I don't even know why i'm touching this thread again cuz last time i pissed off a mod but i will say this:
( NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD A THOUSAND DOLLAR PC! )
Instead of rubbing it in the faces of those of us who can't, why not just be glad your fortunate enough to and stop bringing it up? Thats why people get so pissed at u pc fanboys, how would u like it if lets say for example u had ham sandwiches for lunch everyday and some annoying kid with a big mac value meal came and sat beside u every single day reminding u of how bad ass his lunch was compared to yours? plopsty example but its the best i could come up with, you'd be pissed right? -_-

tx12001

^^ THIS.
I don't even know why i'm touching this thread again cuz last time i pissed off a mod but i will say this:
Instead of rubbing it in the faces of those of us who can't, why not just be glad your fortunate enough to and stop bringing it up? Thats why people get so pissed at u pc fanboys, how would u like it if lets say for example u had ham sandwiches for lunch everyday and some annoying kid with a big mac value meal came and sat beside u every single day reminding u of how bad ass his lunch was compared to yours? pl***ty example but its the best i could come up with, you'd be pissed right? -_-
HOW RUDE!!!!

^^ THIS.
Instead of rubbing it in the faces of those of us who can't, why not just be glad your fortunate enough to and stop bringing it up? Thats why people get so pissed at u pc fanboys, how would u like it if lets say for example u had ham sandwiches for lunch everyday and some annoying kid with a big mac value meal came and sat beside u every single day reminding u of how bad ass his lunch was compared to yours? pl***ty example but its the best i could come up with, you'd be pissed right? -_-
I would Enjoy the Company HA HA HA HA

Hey you don't need a powerful PC to play skyrim you just have to know which mods to install to make the game run better but if you computer ccant

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
^^ THIS.
HOW RUDE!!!!

^^ THIS.
I would Enjoy the Company HA HA HA HA

Hey you don't need a powerful PC to play skyrim you just have to know which mods to install to make the game run better but if you computer ccant
YES! U DO! This game will lag to the point of locking up if your pc isn't at least at the 800$ budget, believe me i've tried and i've got a very decent laptop. A friend of mine has a damn nice desktop pc which was literally built for gaming and his can't even handle it, so don't give me that bs son, i've done my research on the matter.
Look bro i'm not trying to be a dick i just don't understand why all u rich pc dudes feel u need to remind everyone less fortunate that the grass is greener on the other side. Then we immediately become the bad guys when we get pissed about it, i don't understand the logic.

Sean

lost somewhere
-snip-

Look bro i'm not trying to be a dick i just don't understand why all u rich pc dudes feel u need to remind everyone less fortunate that the grass is greener on the other side. Then we immediately become the bad guys when we get pissed about it, i don't understand the logic.

I was done posting in this topic, and was just reading the replies, but that part is making me have to comment, just because of how funny it is.

You don't need a $1000 computer to run Skyrim on Ultra with many Hi-Res Texture Packs, and you could probably get away with Skyrim on High with a $400-$500 computer.

I still play games on console (multiplayer ones), and have only been on the PC for a little more than 6 months.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
-snip-

I was done posting in this topic, and was just reading the replies, but that part is making me have to comment, just because of how funny it is.

You don't need a $1000 computer to run Skyrim on Ultra with many Hi-Res Texture Packs, and you could probably get away with Skyrim on High with a $400-$500 computer.

I still play games on console (multiplayer ones), and have only been on the PC for a little more than 6 months.
Dude we are so not on the same page you and i, my job barely keeps me afloat as is so even if u could run skyrim on a 500$ pc thats 5 bills i ain't got after rent, utilities, and all the other wonderful things which make life so super.
I absolutely positively hate online multiplayer and everything related to it, i believe its ruining the gaming industry and wish it had never been invented. See? Me and u should probably just not talk on here ok. ;)

Sean

lost somewhere
-snip-

Dude we are so not on the same page you and i, my job barely keeps me afloat as is so even if u could run skyrim on a 500$ pc thats 5 bills i ain't got after rent, utilities, and all the other wonderful things which make life so super.
I absolutely positively hate online multiplayer and everything related to it, i believe its ruining the gaming industry and wish it had never been invented. See? Me and u should probably just not talk on here ok. ;)

I work too, and have bills, but I always put some money away here and there, and, even though it takes a while, I eventually have enough money to buy something bigger, and like I said, I use my PC for only single player games and my console for co op games.

The console is a more social platform than the PC, which is why I have this set up, and I only have both because I bought the 360 years ago, and then put my PC together about last year (I also hate keyboard and mouse setups, and use an Xbox controller).

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
My laptops from 2006 can run Skyrim. If you can't manage to get it to run on a "rich people" budget, you have a problem with your knowledge of PCs and graphics cards.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts