Skyrim On Consoles Sucks...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Don't get me wrong, i'v played the game on my PS3 over a year(I'm more of a console player) and I enjoyed it or rather loved it but something was missing, role playing was so hard.

What was the point of food? How can I not die in a frozen wasteland? Why is combat so easy? I have to constantly dumb down my armor and gawwd the loading screens.

I was missing the immersion, I wanted to truly care about my character and had to be constantly aware of my surroundings, thinking smart even though this is a video game.

I even turned turned off all my Mods including the ones that make the game look better like Weather, shading, object models, realistic lightning (Btw they don't slow down my laptop :)) ect and I never realized how ugly the vanilla game was, no seriously.

I even installed a footprint mod, so you might be wondering so what? I made a hunter Bosmer and it makes all the difference believe me! (I never played a elf until PC, I was so against it, believe me)

To be honest all the weapons and armor are so limited. You might be wondering theirs enough. Wrong, there's not enough variants, you can't even wear cloaks in the game and the best part of Skyrim in PC, you can CHOOSE who YOU want to be, even how they look.

Shouldn't traveling to high throthgar be a spiritual journey and a accomplishment, you should be like YES I DID, I CONQUERED THIS MOUNTAIN but no. It's a walk in the park that takes 10 mins.

Console players on Skyrim come at me :) - The reason I made this thread was I am completely bored at the moment also wanted to know your opinion, stories or even debates, I like debates

Level VII

Do'vish
I used to have skyrim for the 360. It was amazing. I loved it. Then I tried to roleplay...that didn't really work out with the crappy level of immersion without mods. Then one fateful day I got a pc that was able to run skyrim on ultra. Now I can NEVER and I mean NEVER return to the vanialla game. Why you may ask? It just feels so empty. Don't get me wrong, Bethesda did an amazing job with skyrim. It's just the community made skyrim better than it ever was.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Each to his own really... Some people can't afford a top notch computer. (I have one but still play on my xbox) Not interested in playing with mods what so ever. This whole debate over who is better over silly computers and consoles is ridiculous IMO. You play for the love of the game, not to feel superior to those who have made their choice.
Please don't think I am aiming this at you personally.... I have witnessed some pretty mean people out there going at each other over this subject :) I just think it's a little silly :)

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Considering I don't give two fondles about mods, I don't see myself ever playing it on the PC.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I will always be a firm believer that mods ruin the game, I will never use them.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Loading screens suuuuck on Ps3. But other than that, I enjoy the game just the same on my computer or console. With or without mods. Although honestly I'm a mixed breed between computer and console. I use a 360 controller on pc, and I have my computer hooked to my flatscreen. So i'm still kicked back in the bed playing it. Plus Skyrim is 100 times better with surround sound.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I am disappointed the lack of replies to this
Its not so much lack of replies its just that we console players deal with u spoiled rich pc fanboy trolls so often that most of us have grown immune to your bashing, we just ignore u now. lol

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
I play it on xbox, never really tried to roleplay.

One reason i'm jealous of pc players i they can mod armor to look really graphical and shiny. Especially nightingale.

jarif

Its not so much lack of replies its just that we console players deal with u spoiled rich pc fanboy trolls so often that most of us have grown immune to your bashing, we just ignore u now. lol

well first of all My laptop isn't even a gaming laptop so can't get to those and ENB graphics and im not really rich so I can't get those awesome PC's and im more of a console player. I just got up and actually got the game for PC

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...

well first of all My laptop isn't even a gaming laptop so can't get to those and ENB graphics and im not really rich so I can't get those awesome PC's and im more of a console player. I just got up and actually got the game for PC

I know pretty much nothing about technology and i don't know how i got a pass in I.T. when playing internet games all the way through but i used this laptop for playing wow (which i quit a year ago) and i could only play the graphics on poor, i think that means my laptop would be crap with skyrim. I dunno but i aint wasting money to find out.

jarif

I know pretty much nothing about technology and i don't know how i got a pass in I.T. when playing internet games all the way through but i used this laptop for playing wow (which i quit a year ago) and i could only play the graphics on poor, i think that means my laptop would be crap with skyrim. I dunno but i aint wasting money to find out.

well I'm actually look to build a top notch PC online that costs £630 with VAT (Value added tax) without VAT is £500, dude that is really cheap for a top notch gaming computer. I can even tell how build it, I did a lot of research to build a PC online :)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
A mod really needs to step in and put a lock on this thread before it gets really nasty, most sites u go on lock threads like this the minute there created and for good reason. I've seen fanboy threads like this on other forums develop into such a flame war that people were a step away from threatening to eat each others children! Just sayin. -_-

jarif

A mod really needs to step in and put a lock on this thread before it gets really nasty, most sites u go on lock threads like this the minute there created and for good reason. I've seen fanboy threads like this on other forums develop into such a flame war that people were a step away from threatening to eat each others children! Just sayin. -_-

that's pretty silly... o_O

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...

I doubt it can amount to that.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
If you want a mod's attention (that would be me), rather than relying on the planets to align and eggs to stand on end to summon me into existence, you're welcome to use the report button...

This treads closely in the realm of personal attack. Yours is the only troll-like reply here and the only one I considered removing for the sake of serenity in this thread. If you're sick of seeing content concerning console versus PC game experience, might I invite you to visit, oh, I dunno, MyLittlePonies.com or ShinyHappyFaeries.com or something of that ilk. (Note: I do not support, endorse, or even know if those sites exist...)

I don't close threads for "potential". I close them when people actually commit some kind of infraction. In the spirit of the internet and free speech, I think we might all agree that it's probably much better that way. I see nothing besides the aforementioned post that would cause me to believe that this cannot be a civilized conversation.

Carry on.