Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Oh ok so by your logic if you don't have evidence of something then it must not exist. So if I close my eyes and start walking there is no chance of me running into a tree because my eyes are closed and thus I have no evidence that trees exist. Nice.

47463904.jpg

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
You've been very active on here the last several days. I don't believe we've been introduced.

So if you don't mind me asking... what's your damage? I'm sitting here having a polite conv with my arch nemesis Anouck and here you are. What's the story?

So when the pressure to post evidence becomes too high you change the subject? I'd like it if you'd stop using me as a banner when you're out of things to say. First you keep blaming Mage for all the bad things that happen to you in this thread, and now I am some sort of NPC in every single post of yours. I am not your arch nemesis, and we weren't having a conversation. Your posts here are monologues. You refuse to listen to others and keep recycling and repeating arguments. You said you lost respect for me. Well, your loss. I didn't lose respect for you.

iPag has been in this thread long before you even knew these forums existed. She's part of the members who were here in the early days of these forums, and she participated in this 755 pages long thread.

Then you decide to stop by somewhere in the middle, and start acting condescending to newcomers or old members who came back just because you posted a few times in here too?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
And how would you know that? You do not know whether there is or is not any evidence.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Oh ok so by your logic if you don't have evidence of something then it must not exist. So if I close my eyes and start walking there is no chance of me running into a tree because my eyes are closed and thus I have no evidence that trees exist. Nice.

Why do you keep.missing.the.damn.point.every.single.time. This is really not so difficult.

All we are saying is: bring it. Show your best cards. Show us all that amazing evidence you brag about but don't show because 'it is so complicated us peasants will not understand it anyway.

I think you don't show the evidence because it's not there.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Why do you keep.missing.the.damn.point.every.single.time. This is really not so difficult.

All we are saying is: bring it. Show your best cards. Show us all that amazing evidence you brag about but don't show because 'it is so complicated us peasants will not understand it anyway.

And a magician never shows his tricks. Ask Mage, he would understand.

Furthermore, sometimes the truth is so precious it must be guarded by a Legion of lies.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

Furthermore, sometimes the truth is so precious it must be guarded by a Legion of lies.

Oh stop it. Just stop it. Are you seriously still believing yourself at this point? I am fairly certain Mage would not agree, since he always adds sources and links to his posts.

This has nothing to do with magicians and magic tricks. You have nothing. Just nothing. You blame a faction for not aiding in Hammerfell, while that faction back then did not even exist. It's like blaming Amnesty International for not doing anything against the inquisition of the protestants during the Dark Ages. It makes zero sense.

I could play your game too, you know? Let's try it for a second:

The Aldmeri Dominion does not exist and plays no role in the Elder Scrolls games. You made that faction up, and you have NOTHING TO PROVE I AM WRONG!!!
I have evidence, but I won't feed spoon it to you, for I am a magician and these are my magic tricks. You won't understand my evidence anyway - you're not intellectually capable of understanding that. My evidence is like an Elder Scroll, even with years of training you can not read it without losing your mind.
Why are you not believing me? Why don't you take my word? The Aldmeri Dominion does not exist. Oh, and nor do the Altmer by the way. You're so silly for thinking otherwise. You have nothing. Completely nothing.

...Do you now see why it's stupid?

NENALATA

Oh stop it. Just stop it. Are you seriously still believing yourself at this point? I am fairly certain Mage would not agree, since he always adds sources and links to his posts.

This has nothing to do with magicians and magic tricks. You have nothing. Just nothing. You blame a faction for not aiding in Hammerfell, while that faction back then did not even exist. It's like blaming Amnesty International for not doing anything against the inquisition of the protestants during the Dark Ages. It makes zero sense.

The Aldmeri Dominion does not exist and plays no role in the Elder Scrolls games. You made that faction up, and you have NOTHING TO PROVE I AM WRONG!!!
I have evidence, but I won't feed spoon it to you, for I am a magician and these are my magic tricks. You won't understand my evidence anyway - you're not intellectually capable of understanding that. My evidence is like an Elder Scroll, even with years of training you can not read it without losing your mind.
Why are you not believing me? Why don't you take my word? The Aldmeri Dominion does not exist. Oh, and nor do the Altmer by the way. You're so silly for thinking otherwise. You have nothing. Completely nothing.

Ok. Then why do you keep looking for something that you already know doesn't exist?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

Ok. Then why do you keep looking for something that you already know doesn't exist?

Because you keep claiming it does.

Mirrored

45253760.jpg

NENALATA

I have made a decision.

I've fought too hard side by side with good Imperials in the past and I've noticed how this forum has shifted so heavily in favor of the Stormcloaks.

Even though I dearly love going all Thalmor on people, I won't turn on the Empire, not if it means killing it. Same goes for the Dominion.

So, I cannot grant your request. The Elder Scrolls will remain locked away. I've destroyed the Stormcloaks many times over before. Sifted them like wheat. Treaded their ill words like the sand on the sea shore. Thrown down my enemies and smoat their ruin along the mountain side.

I am probably the only Imperial or pro=Imperial left now on this thread (perhaps forum?). I cannot in good conscience betray the Empire. The information I have could kill it completely or save it for an eternity.

And I stand up in defense of the Empire even now. So I shall go into exile for a time. Although my Legion is clearly stronger than all of you put together, I wouldn't want to accidentally let anything slip.

Talos Preserve Us!!!​

Mirrored

I have made a decision.

I've fought too hard side by side with good Imperials in the past and I've noticed how this forum has shifted so heavily in favor of the Stormcloaks.

Even though I dearly love going all Thalmor on people, I won't turn on the Empire, not if it means killing it. Same goes for the Dominion.

So, I cannot grant your request. The Elder Scrolls will remain locked away. I've destroyed the Stormcloaks many times over before. Sifted them like wheat. Treaded their ill words like the sand on the sea shore. Thrown down my enemies and smoat their ruin along the mountain side.

I am probably the only Imperial or pro=Imperial left now on this thread (perhaps forum?). I cannot in good conscience betray the Empire. The information I have could kill it completely or save it for an eternity.

And I stand up in defense of the Empire even now. So I shall go into exile for a time. Although my Legion is clearly stronger than all of you put together, I wouldn't want to accidentally let anything slip.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

double-facepalm-star-trek-style.jpeg

NENALATA

I have made a decision.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

double-facepalm-star-trek-style.jpeg

They're not face palming me, they're exhausted from listening to one of Ulfric's speeches.

NENALATA

I always keep my promises sir. Well, seeing how everything is in order here, I'll be on my way now and shall leave you all to your thoughts. May they be happy ones.​
This was an uneasy relationship from the beginning, and was not destined to last long. Resentment at the continued presence of Ayleid nobles within the Empire was a contributing factor to the rise of the so-called Alessian Order founded by Marukh. The first victims of the Alessians were the Ayleids of Cyrodiil. In the early 300s, the surviving Ayleid communities in human-ruled areas were obliterated one by one, the refugees temporarily swelling the power of the remaining Ayleid lordships.
Then in 361, the Alessians gained control of the Empire and enforced the Alessian Doctrines throughout its domain. The Ayleid lordships were abolished. Enforcement of this decree does not appear to have required much direct violence -- it seems that by this point the balance of power was so overwhelmingly against them, and their fate so long foreshadowed, that most of the remaining Ayleids simply left Cyrodiil, eventually being absorbed into the Elven populations of Valenwood and High Rock. Indeed, the rise of the Direnni Hegemony may be linked to this exodus of Ayleids from Cyrodiil (a connection so far little studied by historians).
Still, a remnant Ayleid population seems to have survived the rule of the Alessians, because we hear of "the last king of the Ayleids", one called 'Nenalata', joining the Battle of Glenumbria Moors where the Dirennis decisively defeated the Alessians in 482. How this king's people survived the preceding century is unknown. We do not even know who they were, although recent research points to Nenalata as the possible resting place of this "last king." Unfortunately, in the current state of the Empire, funds are no longer available for proper scientific investigation of such extensive ruins, so the answer to these questions will have to be left to future generations.
images

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Since when do I 'owe' anyone an explanation? I love a good mystery, don't you? Hell, I never thought you guys would find out where the journal was however Mage did find it somehow.

When you join in a debate you do owe the people that you're debating with an explanation. You volunteered to join in and now you don't want to provide evidence backing up your claim. You're a very poor debater and if you put aide your arrogance and your ego for just a moment, and learn a thing or two about the human social psychology then perhaps you might learn a thing or two about how to successfully win a debate with other people.

I'm 30 years old and I've learned a lot from the young generation like Anouck and DrunkenMage. I don't know how old Dagmar is but I've learn a lot from her too.

Just because you're older doesn't mean that you possess the wisdom of the entire universe. That is pure arrogance and you do not win anything in life by being arrogant. It will be your down fall and I can guarantee you that.

NENALATA

Since when do I 'owe' anyone an explanation? I love a good mystery, don't you? Hell, I never thought you guys would find out where the journal was however Mage did find it somehow.

When you join in a debate you do owe the people that you're debating with an explanation. You volunteered to join in and now you don't want to provide evidence backing up your claim. You're a very poor debater and if you put aide your arrogance and your ego for just a moment, and learn a thing or two about the human social psychology then perhaps you might learn a thing or two about how to successfully win a debate with other people.

I'm 30 years old and I've learned a lot from the young generation like Anouck and DrunkenMage. I don't know how old Dagmar is but I've learn a lot from her too.

Just because you're older doesn't mean that you possess the wisdom of the entire universe. That is pure arrogance and you do not win anything in life by being arrogant. It will be your down fall and I can guarantee you that.

Down fall? My friend, I fell from above and have learned to fly on the way down. You have yet to rise above.

Oh yes! And that reminds me of something else too. For "Stormhammer"... For... "The Empire"...

images
TO KILL AN EMPIRE: COMPLETED
I'd suggest the Imperials find a new spokesman on here... And not someone from the "Alessian" side of the Empire either.​
Alright. The deed is done. It's on to the dead drop and then the book keep. Got dibs on Uthgerd the Unbroken. She kinda reminds me of Sarah Conner.​
I'm outtie, I'm gone, LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!! :p

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
For "Stormhammer"

Your old account? 'For yourself'?

I'm uncertain why you've been mentioning that account recently, since you must obviously think me too thick to realize it was you. When you have the same writing style, and use the same strange stories... Generally there is a connection to be made.