Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

I am thinking of having my resurrected Breton Nightblade join the rebellion, and am unsure of why? Any ideas why someone who uses magic, will work for pay normally unless it is an real important cause or he gets something else out of it, and prefers to knife/slash someone from stealth would join a rebellion for a "seemingly" Nord-only cause.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I am thinking of having my resurrected Breton Nightblade join the rebellion, and am unsure of why? Any ideas why someone who uses magic, will work for pay normally unless it is an real important cause or he gets something else out of it, and prefers to knife/slash someone from stealth would join a rebellion for a "seemingly" Nord-only cause.

You want to kill Imperials?

Mirrored

My non-Nordic characters typically join up with the Stormcloaks for purely practical reasons. Cyrodiil is weak; When they had utterly destroyed the Dominion forces in their territory, they sued for peace rather than continue to fight. Not because they couldn't win, but because if the war continued Cyrodiil would've been crippled, and they would have lost their influence over the rest of the Empire. When the next Great War begins, what's to stop them from giving up once again when things get rough?

A free Skyrim, however, has the will to stand up to the Dominion. And without Imperial taxes sapping their resources and Thalmor spies sabotaging them from within, they can effectively prepare for the war, whereas the Empire is stuck paying tribute to the Thalmor with spies and traitors mapping their every movement militarily. Look at Ulfric's would-be execution. He had been captured by Imperial forces, but the Thalmor somehow found out about it and were moving to interrupt the execution when Alduin attacked.

J

Jeremius

My non-Nordic characters typically join up with the Stormcloaks for purely practical reasons. Cyrodiil is weak; When they had utterly destroyed the Dominion forces in their territory, they sued for peace rather than continue to fight. Not because they couldn't win, but because if the war continued Cyrodiil would've been crippled, and they would have lost their influence over the rest of the Empire. When the next Great War begins, what's to stop them from giving up once again when things get rough?

A free Skyrim, however, has the will to stand up to the Dominion. And without Imperial taxes sapping their resources and Thalmor spies sabotaging them from within, they can effectively prepare for the war, whereas the Empire is stuck paying tribute to the Thalmor with spies and traitors mapping their every movement militarily. Look at Ulfric's would-be execution. He had been captured by Imperial forces, but the Thalmor somehow found out about it and were moving to interrupt the execution when Alduin attacked.

While good Ideas, they do not explain why a breton who has no reason to bother with the Civil War would want to get involved.

Mirrored

While good Ideas, they do not explain why a breton who has no reason to bother with the Civil War would want to get involved.

Well, I think most characters would be wary of the possibility of Thalmor rule over Tamriel, and the outcome of the Stormcloak Rebellion will decide how the threat is faced. So unless your Breton is totally unperturbed by the possibility of a Thalmor victory or has faith in the Empire's ability to handle them under the status quo, they should have some motivation to at least consider the Stormcloaks.

J

Jeremius

Well, I think most characters would be wary of the possibility of Thalmor rule over Tamriel, and the outcome of the Stormcloak Rebellion will decide how the threat is faced. So unless your Breton is totally unperturbed by the possibility of a Thalmor victory or has faith in the Empire's ability to handle them under the status quo, they should have some motivation to at least consider the Stormcloaks.

They probably would consider it, but my Imperial Noble has a reason to side with the Empire hands down, that being her, her sister, and some of her friends being Nobility in the Empire.

Breton was just some nightblade getting paid to do stuff. It just seemed like all my creative power took to the imperial woman, not the Breton male.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
These last few pages......
I have heard more sane things come out of sheogorath's mouth

Dram

the Dunmer
These last few pages......
I have heard more sane things come out of sheogorath's mouth

Indeed.
I said in one of my posts to imaginepaegant and anouck that talking to nenalata is like talking to a rock. Then nenalata gave it a like and an agree.

I really don't follow this anymore. :confused:

Rimfaxe96

Are you kidding me?

I started a new game in Skyrim yesterday and first thing to happen, I go for Riften and get called "Skyrim trash" by this Imperial Noble skank. A few minutes later I reach this mine and see a Stormcloak soldier coming towards me with his bow drawn. I'm all like "I wouldn't boy" when his arrow flies past me and saving me from a Necromancer I hadn't noticed who tried to sneak up on me from behind.
And then a buddy sends me the soundtrack "Sons of Scotland" from Braveheart.

It's almost as if DrunkenMage has affected Skyrim and real life altogether to get me to the Stormcloak side.

It's... it's everywhere...
large.gif

My Altmer is a master in Necromancy. Anyone calling him Justin Bieber because of his hair will be become thralls.

There's still the option for Zac Efron. :p

J

Jeremius

My Altmer is a master in Necromancy. Anyone calling him Justin Bieber because of his hair will be become thralls.

Like I said, He looks like somebody I dare not talk about, never said who. *runs off to have more fun somewhere else*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts