Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
Ok so the post is removed and on this occasion I honestly meant no offense. Anouck and I get along like... like that Sheogorath quest where the two Champions keep respawning and fighting each other.

I didn't think that post of hers about me was very nice but I had noticed how she's become more outspoken and wished to compliment her instead of going line by line escalating matters.

There's really nothing else left to say. You guys are going to shut me out no matter what I say and paint me as what you will. I am not tht type of person, I try to understand and push myself. However, one thing is the audience here is very... one sided. Yes you are. You know you are.

Another thing, you're going line by line... that's not always how my posts are meant to be read. Sadly, during my time here, quite a bit of meaning and info was overlooked because you guys just don't want to hear it. Which is your choice.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
To NENA, re the open letter to Anouck,

For producing one of the weirdest and face-pullingly strange pieces of text I've ever read, for absolutely no reason and with no positive effect on anything except my fascination with what can still be learned from Psychology. Thank you.

Yours,

Inspector Awesome.

You're welcome.

I think the problem is here is communication. I didn't mean anything by it. You guys clown around all the time and there's nothing wrong with that.

None of you guys has seen Conan The Barbarian? I actually gave Anouck a compliment.

Whether you were being serious or sarcastic, it was weird - and that's why people commented on it. You were also rambling about how right you were and how wrong the rest was, even despite the fact you've been proven wrong by pretty much everyone in here in the last few pages. This is just me, but to me it came across like one big ego stroking in your favor.

And if you hid a compliment in there somewhere, then fine. But hiding a compliment in what I found a condescending freaky post won't keep people from commenting on it.

You basically described me as this 'student of yours', this 'daughter you never had who had the privilege to learn from your wisdom'.
To you that might sound like a compliment. To me, however, it does not. Especially not after you've been ridiculing people page after page after you've been proven wrong by them. You've been throwing personal attacks and you chose to ignore all the arguments that other people brought to the table.
...And now you act like this beacon of light that spreads wisdom in this thread? I find that rather arrogant.

Should I feel flattered after you paint me off as this fragile little flower that grew strong because of you? Should I feel flattered because you said you have sympathies for me because I obviously am not capable of understanding your arguments? Should I feel flattered because you say you forgive me for 'my bitterness' towards you? Wow, thanks for your mercy! Thank you for forgiving me for my 'bitterness'. When you say 'bitterness', I assume you refer to me pointing out numerous of times that you were wrong? Because that was no bitterness, that was me exposing errors where I saw them.

All of this came across like a big ego stroking. Like you were forgiving us 'simple peasants' for not admitting to the awesome that is you. And you wonder why people commented on it?

Mirrored

Ok so the post is removed and on this occasion I honestly meant no offense. Anouck and I get along like... like that Sheogorath quest where the two Champions keep respawning and fighting each other.

I didn't think that post of hers about me was very nice but I had noticed how she's become more outspoken and wished to compliment her instead of going line by line escalating matters.

There's really nothing else left to say. You guys are going to shut me out no matter what I say and paint me as what you will. I am not tht type of person, I try to understand and push myself. However, one thing is the audience here is very... one sided. Yes you are. You know you are.

Another thing, you're going line by line... that's not always how my posts are meant to be read. Sadly, during my time here, quite a bit of meaning and info was overlooked because you guys just don't want to hear it. Which is your choice.

...Right. We've asked you to defend your arguments, and you've provided small bits of material from highly questionable sources at best, and total non-answers at worst. You've yet to explain how Ulfric should've amassed the forces needed to help Hammerfell in the time between the signing of the White-Gold Concordant and his imprisonment at the hands of the Imperials. Simply insisting that since he was able to retake Markarth from the Forsworn, he then had the ability to fight the Dominion isn't enough or remotely valid.

NENALATA

To NENA, re the open letter to Anouck,

For producing one of the weirdest and face-pullingly strange pieces of text I've ever read, for absolutely no reason and with no positive effect on anything except my fascination with what can still be learned from Psychology. Thank you.

Yours,

Inspector Awesome.

You're welcome.

I think the problem is here is communication. I didn't mean anything by it. You guys clown around all the time and there's nothing wrong with that.

None of you guys has seen Conan The Barbarian? I actually gave Anouck a compliment.

Whether you were being serious or sarcastic, it was weird - and that's why people commented on it. You were also rambling about how right you were and how wrong the rest was, even despite the fact you've been proven wrong by pretty much everyone in here in the last few pages. This is just me, but to me it came across like one big ego stroking in your favor.

And if you hid a compliment in there somewhere, then fine. But hiding a compliment in what I found a condescending freaky post won't keep people from commenting on it.

You basically described me as this 'student of yours', this 'daughter you never had who had the privilege to learn from your wisdom'.
To you that might sound like a compliment. To me, however, it does not. Especially not after you've been ridiculing people page after page after you've been proven wrong by them. You've been throwing personal attacks and you chose to ignore all the arguments that other people brought to the table.
...And now you act like this beacon of light that spreads wisdom in this thread? I find that rather arrogant.

Should I feel flattered after you paint me off as this fragile little flower that grew strong because of you? Should I feel flattered because you said you have sympathies for me because I obviously am not capable of understanding your arguments? Should I feel flattered because you say you forgive me for 'my bitterness' towards you? Wow, thanks for your mercy! Thank you for forgiving me for my 'bitterness'. When you say 'bitterness', I assume you refer to me pointing out numerous of times that you were wrong? Because that was no bitterness, that was me exposing errors where I saw them.

All of this came across like a big ego stroking. Like you were forgiving us 'simple peasants' not admitting to the awesome that is you. And you wonder why people commented on it?

No. And one thing you are going to have to understand is that people operate differently. You have your way and I have mine. somewhere in the thick of it we've lost respect for each other.

That's the problem. Geez I'm seeing more and more why I fit in so well with the Thalmor.

NENALATA

...Right. We've asked you to defend your arguments, and you've provided small bits of material from highly questionable sources at best, and total non-answers at worst. You've yet to explain how Ulfric should've amassed the forces needed to help Hammerfell in the time between the signing of the White-Gold Concordant and his imprisonment at the hands of the Imperials. Simply insisting that since he was able to retake Markarth from the Forsworn, he then had the ability to fight the Dominion isn't enough or remotely valid.

Since when do I 'owe' anyone an explanation? I love a good mystery, don't you? Hell, I never thought you guys would find out where the journal was however Mage did find it somehow.

Mirrored

Since when do I 'owe' anyone an explanation? I love a good mystery, don't you? Hell, I never thought you guys would find out where the journal was however Mage did find it somehow.

...Uh huh. Insisting that you are right and we are wrong requires a little something called evidence. Which you refuse to provide, because it doesn't exist. But by all means, continue. It's amusing to watch you make a fool of yourself.

NENALATA

...Uh huh. Insisting that you are right and we are wrong requires a little something called evidence. Which you refuse to provide, because it doesn't exist. But by all means, continue. It's amusing to watch you make a fool of yourself.

Yes. I am refusing to spoon feed you evidence which you would probably not be able to understand anyways. Or the post would end up being so rid long and overbearing, no one would ever read it.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I am refusing to spoon feed you evidence which you would probably not be able to understand anyways.

"I still have no evidence to back up my completely and ridiculously wrong theory, so I'm going to act pretentious and try to make people feel stupid so they'll stop bothering me."

Fixed it for you.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
No. And one thing you are going to have to understand is that people operate differently. You have your way and I have mine. somewhere in the thick of it we've lost respect for each other.

That's the problem. Geez I'm seeing more and more why I fit in so well with the Thalmor.

You might have lost your respect for me, but I didn't lose respect for you. I call you out on your mistakes. Those are two different things.

I understand people have different ways of speaking. But when you write 'DOOM, MY CHILD, DOOM' you can't possibly be surprised people are going to interpret that negatively? This is not a minor difference in formulating a phrase. You are speaking of fragile flowers that become burning suns, daughters you never had and people not capable of understanding your arguments. That's not a minor difference in formulating sentences. That's just a straight out radical thing to say.

If that's truly your mindset I wonder why you ever created an account on a forum. This is how debates work, Nena. You can't just make claims and expect people to take your word for it. Especially not when there is overwhelming evidence that proves you wrong.

Yes. I am refusing to spoon feed you evidence which you would probably not be able to understand anyways. Or the post would end up being so rid long and overbearing, no one would ever read it.
You have this idea you're somehow doing this for us. But you do this for yourself. You see, if I want info about Hammerfell I know where to find it. The reason why you should give sources, is to protect your own credibility. No one is going to take your word when you make bizarre claims. Providing people with evidence is the only way in a debate to show others why they are wrong.

I think you don't provide us with evidence because it's simply not there. A page or so back you tried posting lore - and came up with an irrelevant First Era story that had nothing to do with it. People analyzed your 'evidence' and refuted it. Then you started to say you principally refuse to 'spoon feed' us. Let's be honest here; you have no evidence. And if you want us to believe otherwise, then show it.

... Or would you believe me without a doubt if I'd claim Betty White is the president of the US while there's overwhelming evidence Barack Obama is your current president? I think not.

Mirrored, you're wasting your time my friend.

Mirrored

Yes. I am refusing to spoon feed you evidence which you would probably not be able to understand anyways. Or the post would end up being so rid long and overbearing, no one would read it.

Really now? We couldn't understand it? That's the best you can do? I'll make it simple for you. Provide us with a single piece of lore that shows Ulfric had the manpower and resources at the time of the Markarth Incident to take the fight to the Aldmeri Dominion in Hammerfell. Problem is, it -does not exist-.

Ulfric was only the son of the Jarl of Windhelm at this point, he did not have the status, power, or wealth to amass an army capable of marching across Skyrim, into Hammerfell, and through a massive desert to fight the Dominion on the southern coast.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Really now? We couldn't understand it? That's the best you can do? I'll make it simple for you. Provide us with a single piece of lore that shows Ulfric had the manpower and resources at the time of the Markarth Incident to take the fight to the Aldmeri Dominion in Hammerfell. Problem is, it -does not exist-.

Ulfric was only the son of the Jarl of Windhelm at this point, he did not have the status, power, or wealth to amass an army capable of marching across Skyrim, into Hammerfell, and through a massive desert to fight the Dominion on the southern coast.

There's a rare level of ignorance where people are not even capable anymore of seeing they are ignorant. It's a waste of time to debate with people who've crossed that line.

Don't feed the trolls. ;)
do_not_feed_the_trolls_by_hashem37927-d4jag0p.png

NENALATA

Since when do I 'owe' anyone an explanation? I love a good mystery, don't you?

"I have no evidence to back up my theory because it is completely and ridiculously wrong, so I'm just going to call it a 'good mystery' and hope people buy it."

Fixed it for you.

And how would you know that? You do not know whether there is or is not any evidence.

Furthermore you guys need to stop trying to fix everything that you don't agree with. That's Fascist and not unbecoming at all of a Stormcloak.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

NENALATA

And how would you know that? You do not know whether there is or is not any evidence.

7453b531393680cb1fbcb5b0854c9f2b7c8fe989b3adc77b7b25cbf80f01cd42.jpg

You've been very active on here the last several days. I don't believe we've been introduced.

So if you don't mind me asking... what's your damage? I'm sitting here having a polite conv with my arch nemesis Anouck and here you are. What's the story?

NENALATA

"I have no evidence to back up my theory because it is completely and ridiculously wrong, so I'm just going to call it a 'good mystery' and hope people buy it."

Fixed it for you.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Oh ok so by your logic if you don't have evidence of something then it must not exist. So if I close my eyes and start walking there is no chance of me running into a tree because my eyes are closed and thus I have no evidence that trees exist. Nice.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts