Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The PC is secretly a WGC supporter. Talking with a priest of Mara in Riften, you may ask the priest "Which of the EIGHT Divines do you worship?"

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
*Gasp*

No Way!

Really? I'm gonna have to look into that. Well that changes some things...

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
WHAT IF

...all these discussions about Imperials, Stormcloaks and Thalmor will prove to be totally unnecessary because before any Great War 2.0 happens, the Argonians conquer the rest of Morrowind, invade eastern territories in Skyrim and massacre half of Elsweyr in an attempt to conquer everything while Empire and Dominion are at each others necks?

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

I always knew something was iffy about them Argonians. :cowboy:

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
WHAT IF

...all these discussions about Imperials, Stormcloaks and Thalmor will prove to be totally unnecessary because before any Great War 2.0 happens, the Argonians conquer the rest of Morrowind, invade eastern territories in Skyrim and massacre half of Elsweyr in an attempt to conquer everything while Empire and Dominion are at each others necks?

...Because the normal :eek: face just isn't enough...

Naamloos_zps734ed36d.png

Rimfaxe96

...Because the normal :eek: face just isn't enough...

Naamloos_zps734ed36d.png

Oh, I can work with that as well:

WHAT IF

...any discussions about Dragonborn and his or her destiny are irrelevant because the Thalmor will assassinate him/her due to his/her connection to Lorkhan/Talos (the Greybeards don't greet you as Ysmir for nothing, which was also the formal way to address Tiber Septim)?

Naamloos_zps74e2d0bc.png

Boy, that would be like a kick to the groin for most players. First they take credit for closing the Oblivion Gates, and then they kill your character. (And please no rageabouts how they can easily kill 200 Thalmor Wizards in their gameplay; in the more 'realistic' lore everyone can die thanks to a sniper-archer shooting an arrow through your throat. ;))

NENALATA

It is for absolute certain the Dragonborn's destiny is to be watched and hunted by the Thalmor because that is how they treated the exiled blades. However, some blades survived on the run, are now re-grouping because of the Dragonborn, therefore, we can only conclude the Dragonborn will have to deal with the Thalmor however he will not fight them alone.

Rimfaxe96

It is for absolute certain the Dragonborn's destiny is to be watched and hunted by the Thalmor because that is how they treated the exiled blades. However, some blades survived on the run, are now re-grouping because of the Dragonborn, therefore, we can only conclude the Dragonborn will have to deal with the Thalmor however he will not fight them alone.

The only question I have about that is whether they get him/her or not. I would have loved a quest which would be like Cidhna Mine and Thalmor mixed together, but judging from the design of Northwatch Keep's prison cells that's barely possible. :D

Speaking of Thalmor, I attacked a Thalmor patrol yesterday and since I started with Conjuration on that playthrough I let my frost atronach handle it. When only the wizard was left alive suddenly a group of Imperial soldiers (without prisoner) ran up to the fight and jumped the Thalmor wizard, killing him. Never felt so proud of the Empire before. :p

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
...any discussions about Dragonborn and his or her destiny are irrelevant because the Thalmor will assassinate him/her due to his/her connection to Lorkhan/Talos (the Greybeards don't greet you as Ysmir for nothing, which was also the formal way to address Tiber Septim)?

Ysmir means 'Dragon of the North'

Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok. - Greybeards greeting (You are Ysmir now, the Dragon of the North, hearken to it.)

'Sire' or 'My Lord' would probably be the formal way to address Tiber Septim when he took on that name, since he became Emperor at the time he took on the Imperial name.

(Damn my forums are lagging.)

NENALATA

@Rimfaxe96

Yeah I know! They do that sometimes! :) That's one thing I saw on my way back from Windhelm when I was thinking of joining the 'cloaks. I had words with a Thalmor knucklehead and the Whiterun guards just TORE HIM TO PIECES. It was Greaat~!!?! Been wit Club Empire ever since.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard

Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok. - Greybeards greeting (You are Ysmir now, the Dragon of the North, hearken to it.)

'Sire' or 'My Lord' would probably be the formal way to address Tiber Septim when he took on that name, since he became Emperor at the time he took on the Imperial name.

((Wait, if Dragon of the North is Ysmir, then why does he say it again as something else?))

Rimfaxe96

((Wait, if Dragon of the North is Ysmir, then why does he say it again as something else?))

It's... difficult. In the Elder Scrolls universe two identities can metaphysically replace the other (that's why there's still some confusion about Akatosh and Alduin, and another theory is that Talos took the "divine" spot of Lorkhan, replacing him metaphysically as well).
In the end, there are just too many divine or od-like personalities throughout Skyrim that are honoured or even worshipped, but the top ones are the 8/9 Divines because their role goes far over any local heroic deeds.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

It is a title, the so called Nordic name of Kings.

He took for himself a Cyrodilic name, Tiber Septim, and the Nordic Name of Kings, Ysmir, the Dragon of the North. - Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition/Cyrodiil.

Dovahsebrom is the Dragon word. Dovah (Dragon) Se (Of) Brom (North)

NENALATA

I still think the best thing for everyone would be for the Thalmor and Empire to get along. However, defending the Empire to such a great extent is a bit of a conflict of interest after all. However, you know it does mean I have to agree with the Thalmor's approach to Ulfric. But after all, I guess if that's what it takes. Seems kind of backwards for us to help man, but then again, destroying himself is what man has always been a Master of, therefore, I digress. Although my primary affiliation is Thalmor, I still wouldn't mind helping out the Daggerfell Covenant. Would rather take my chances with them than the Nords anyday. :)
Another thing, to that person who made the post about the old man in the Imperial torture chamber, even Hadvar makes a comment if you try to converse with him at that point in Helgen: "Hmm, these guys call themselves Legionnaires?" I believe Helgen is more the exception and not the norm.

But hey, either way... *plops Happens*

NENALATA

Well I think we were doing pretty good until 'ol Tengo Sierra came around.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I enjoy a good boast as much as the next egomaniac Thalmor, except one difference between Empire and Dominion, we can boast about our achievements.

The Imperial Empire conquered the known world, the Thalmor failed to assassinate one Breton Blade on several occasions.

NENALATA

3ramqz.jpg
"Proving the superiority of mer over men, one century at a time."​

nerdsauce

From what I've read the Thalmore are not much different than the Dwemer, or dwarves. Thus they also have many relations such as the closest blood type, same research areas, and brutal.

On the other hand, I live in America. If the... Chinese, to say due to their great power and size, decided they wanted to come to us and "Take Over" or enforce their laws in our lands over our government. Of course we'd retaliate. Wouldn't you expect the Nords to retaliate on the Imperials? Honestly, it isn't the Imperial's place to "invade" Skyrim, home of the Nords, and "Take Over". Am I right?

Funny you should say that, considering that's exactly what your forefathers did. You live in America, home of the native "Indians" - which was taken from them, and with brutal force too, to the point their entire population was almost wiped out. It was only by a flimsy peace treaty which placed certain demands on them that their utter destruction was avoided. Now they live in relative peace, but they are forced to live YOUR people's way, by YOUR rules unable to truly follow their own way of life. And they are still by some considered secondary citizens.
Doesn't all this sound familiar? Oh yes, that's because it's pretty much the exact same backstory as the Thalmor versus the Empire!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

NENALATA

Well, the Dwarves were... ... "atheistic". They did not believe nor did they serve any God(s)... anything like that. They believed in Logic. And it serves as NO real Surprise then, that they were all... "eliminated' when they started messing around with the heart of a fallen-God. I admire the Dwarves, really. However, there's a reason why they're not around anymore.

As for the Indians, the Ayleids fit that role perfectly, so do the Snow Elves. And thus, here we are... The only real difference between these lost elven tribes and the Thalmor is that we know who the enemy is and will not go down willingly. Some see the Thalmor has harsh and malicious in our duties, however it was the lack of these attributes that caused the fall of the first Aldmeri Dominion, them displaying the very BEST qualities of the Aldmeri people and losing their Freedom and nearly being destroyed for it over man's GREED AND LUST FOR POWER.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts