You know you're addicted when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Moris

OT: It turns out that Meniscus Arrows are indeed trademarked medical devices used to fix osteochondral fragments. As a runner, it's quite likely that I may indeed end up, at some later date, having an arrow implanted in my knee! Woo.

Moris

You realize what time it is.

You find that the mod that puts the time on the loading screen to be one of the most useful (and guilt inspiring) mods you've downloaded.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
When someone asks you when your birthday is, and in my case, you say "14th of Rain's Hand" (April 14th, yep, that's my birthday)

Benthos

Proud Mer
You know you're addicted when you lose sleep trying to come up with a name for a new character of a different race.

You've been wanting a tattoo for 10 years, but could never settle on a design. Now, you're seriously considering an Elder Scrolls tattoo, but you can't decide which, and you're concerned about the ramifications. I mean, what if you get the College of Winterhold logo on your calf and you end up being treated (for that arrow in the knee problem so common to adventurers like us) by a magic hating Nord doctor who blames you for sinking half his city in the ocean?
Why not go with a thinner logo for your calf? It shouldn't wrap around your calf or it'll look weird or at least won't have the impact you want it to have. Such as the imperial legion logo, the Oblivion logo, anything more vertical than horizontal. You should get that College of Winterhold tattoo on your torso and make it nice and big, that way when you get ready to do the Hulk Hogan shirt rip, you've got some serious designs spooking the locals!

Saozig

Hippy
When you meant to spend the morning studying but somehow "accidentally" end up watching some Skyrim vid on You Tube that showed something you hadn't seen before, so now you have to start up the game and check it up yourself.

kyleekay

When you formulate the following IRL quest...

Misc -> Get More Time To Play Skyrim
  • Talk to Supervisor's Husband about Skyrim
  • Get your Supervisor's Husband to buy Skyrim
  • Get your Supervisor's Husband to play Skyrim in front of your Supervisor
  • Constantly talk about Skyrim to Supervisor
  • Get Supervisor addicted to Skyrim
  • Request a later schedule for work, citing "I need to stay up late and play Skyrim" as the reason
... and SUCCEED.

success_baby.jpg

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
When you formulate the following IRL quest...

Misc -> Get More Time To Play Skyrim
  • Talk to Supervisor's Husband about Skyrim
  • Get your Supervisor's Husband to buy Skyrim
  • Get your Supervisor's Husband to play Skyrim in front of your Supervisor
  • Constantly talk about Skyrim to Supervisor
  • Get Supervisor addicted to Skyrim
  • Request a later schedule for work, citing "I need to stay up late and play Skyrim" as the reason
... and SUCCEED.
Wait, that whole plan actually worked? I salute you sir!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Getting an entire group you just met to spout random guard comments.

I would imagine you'd have to request a later schedule AFTER they're hooked. My younger sister is big in Skyrim whereas my older sister has some friends who helps with the concept art for the game but she herself isn't into the game at all. Skyrim is the the pinnacle of Eastern RPGs, something some Japanese companies should definitely study to see where Bethesda went right and where they went wrong.

jr866gooner

When you actually feel bad for killing the old lady in the little house in the countryside. Not only that before that I stole vegetables from her plot to then hear her say how lonely she was! :oops:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Benthos

Proud Mer
When you actually feel bad for killing the old lady in the little house in the countryside. Not only that before that I stole vegetables from her plot to then hear her say how lonely she was! :oops:

Was she the alchemist near Riverwood?

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
When you use " by the nine" as an exclamation of shock and awe

Moris

My beloved works night shift, and I always give him a kiss at the door before he leaves (been doing this for 17 years). He's getting a bit more disorganized and sometimes wanders around a bit looking for things before he reaches the door (and I'm often itching to either go to bed or, surprise surprise, play Skyrim) so I follow him around and sometimes I kinda block the hallway.

As a result, he's taken to calling me Lydia. And I've started saying, "I am your sword and your shield!" and "What can I do for you, my Thane?" and "Honor to you, my Thane!". Most recently we went grocery shopping and when he handed me a full bag, I said out loud, "I am sworn to carry your burdens." And the cashier just started giggling. Ah, gotta love Skyrim fans when you meet them.

This is the face of addiction. It's not so bad. ;)

SmartestElf

You Try To Learn The Whole Dragon Language

When i was playing cod blops 2 and all of a sudden I just told my team during a search and destroy match that Skyrim was my fav game, it was like an epiphany lol.. I was like why am i playing this lol.. logged off and into Helgen we go! :Dragonborn:

If you walk into her little cabin and look on the ground on the left next to her bed there is a door to a cellar.. Inside that cellar theres an alchemist table and an enchanters table.. She also has an incriminating piece of paper on her dresser.. If you read that piece of paper once you get back upstairs shell try to attack you saying something along the lines that you found out her secret.. So you get to kill and you have an excuse why lol :D Presuming the little cabin you are talking about is the one in the beginning of the game right by Bleak Falls Barrow..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts