You know you're addicted when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Asiaxfani

When you look into your wallet and go: "Twenty euros?! That can't be right, I mean I just had 12400 gold when I checked it last night!"

Really happened to me yesterday, depressed me for a good while...

Saozig

Hippy
when you come up with a very detailed back story about your character...
Oh, I can beat this:

When you come up with detailed backstories for characters you plan to build in the future, once you're tired of your currents ones.

I also have a friend who plays skyrim and he says that sometimes when he's outdoors, all he sees are ingredients and iron ore veins everywhere :D Good thing I have a full time job that keeps me busy during the week and of course the mandatory after work on fridays, who knows if I'd ever leave the house otherwise, damn you skyrim for being to awsome!

When I take my dog hiking on the trails, my mind sometimes thinks it sees ingredients or ore veins. :rolleyes:

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
When I take my dog hiking on the trails, my mind sometimes thinks it sees ingredients or ore veins. :rolleyes:
OMG I've done that...

Anyhoo, you know you're addicted to Skyrim when you're naming your first daughter Astrid.

(I'm not taking no for an answer, either)

Saozig

Hippy
When you have an otherwise ordinary dream during the night, except everyone in it is an Argonian. o_O

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
When every reptile you see, you greet with "Ours is to smile at your passing." I genuinely said that, completely out of impulse, to my friend's pet.

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
you know you're addicted to skyrim when..
..you try to gauge how high someone's sneak level is when they say they're trying to scare a friend by sneaking up on them...
..you inform a friend who unsuccessfully tries to joke punch you that you have a block level of 94.
..you start referring to your cat as your Khajiit.
..you refer to your drinking cups as tankards.
..you see unidentified blue, yellow, or purple flowers growing on the ground and think about (insert color here) mountain flowers
..see viking blod mead on a bar menu and excitedly order it just because 'they drink mead in skyrim so it must be awesome'
..you watch The Hobbit and get excited because they have a lot of the same races/species (though some are different looking) as skyrim..high elf, orc, dwarf, troll..and try to find similarities in armor and weapons.
...you want to use your Hearthfire house as inspiration for redecorating your own house
...you call cinnamon rolls 'sweet rolls', and not on purpose!
..someone mentions 'skyrim' and you go off on the subject, blabbering on a mile a minute while your friends look at you like you're speaking falmer..i mean foreign..languages.......ahhh

all these come from first hand experience =P

Silvercrown

Clan Silvercrown: Awesome Since 3E 427
You know you're addicted to Skyrim when...

...you Shout "lok vah koor" when it's raining.
...you get excited when driving down Breton Street (a real street in my town).
...each new day is a quest. "Started: Wednesday"
...you can recite "The Song of the Dragonborn" word for word in both English and the dragon language.
...you sing this song almost every day in both languages.
...you call every woman you hate "Delphine".
...you call every man you hate "Nazeem".
...you refuse to drink milk... and you know why!
...ten-thousand dollars just doesn't seem like a lot of money anymore.
...you wonder why nobody wears circlets anymore.
...you try to cast flames to start your fireplace.
...you wonder why Ulfric Stormcloak and Elisif the Fair weren't on the ballot this election season.
...swimming across the Atlantic seems like a good alternative to flying or sailing.
...you think you can climb a cliff by running at it and jumping repeatedly.

And of course, you know you're addicted when you sign up for a forum just to answer a question like this :D.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
When you go to see the Hobbit and end up calling Thorin Oakenshield, Ulfric Stormcloak,

(Yeah, I Noticed the Similarities and so fourth.)

Juracan

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
You know you're addicted when you fall asleep on a load screen, when you wake up several hours later you continue where you left off....

Cazimir

When you finally start to seriously contemplate learning to build house mods because none of the thousands out there are doing what you want.

Saozig

Hippy
When you finally start to seriously contemplate learning to build house mods because none of the thousands out there are doing what you want.
I can dig that--I have house mod envy, since I'm on Xbox, but the more I look at those mods the more i think "None of these are quite what I want..."

I love your username, Cazimir, BTW.

You know you're addicted when, in your list of saved games, is one saved right before Hadvar calls you up and says "Who...are you?" so you can easily make a new character without sitting through that prologue part with the prisoner cart ride into Helgen.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
You close your eyes for 3 seconds and see an apprentice ice mage running down a hall, casting frost bite at you, and you panic for just a second.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2