What is the greatest game you ever played?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tusck

What is the greatest game you ever played and why?

For me, it was Shadowbane. Shadowbane was a 100% pvp mmo, where I played a thief. In that game, thieves could steal from other played inventories, so I stole everything. You could be as big an ass as you wanted to be, you could kill everyone, and you could build you own towns. I had a rogue town that was a safe haven for other rogues, like a bandit city. Such good times.

My favorite activity was hiding in banks waiting for people who were trying to get their valuables in the bank before they lost them. I would steal them before they could. It took skill and great timing, but the tears were enough to sustain my youth.

I'd like to hear what game you were most passionate about.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I really love Braid. It's short but it's beautiful, well-polished and challenging. It's probably the perfect puzzle game I've ever played. The music is very wonderful and the game is just mind-boggling fun. Also, while the story can be overlooked, the theme is very deep. Yeah, it's a puzzle game with a story that makes me just sit here and think pretty hard. The whole game is a classic masterpiece. Braid is a perfect example of video game being art.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Wow that is a tough question. The first game that came to mind was FFVII. I might have to surpass that and go with FFXI, however. I play many offline games, including the TES series since Morrowind, but I do love my MMOs. Having started with UO/EQ (more EQ; my friend was the UO nut) I quickly moved in to FFXI on it's NA release. Not only did it have my FF flavor (always been a fan of the FF series) it was just an amazing, difficult, fun, complicated MMO.

Titanburner

Premium Member
I know it's cliche around here lol, but at this point i'm going to have to say Skyrim. I absolutely love this freaking game. Before that would have been..

1.WoW (It was a amazing game. It's time is over though.)
2.FFVII
3.FFVI

and the list continues on with other RPG's...

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
Oh wow this is such a hard question. I've played and enjoyed so many games that Idk which to pick. It's between Resident Evil 1, Jet Set Radio Future and... crap I just thought of a lot more lol. I'm a huge RE fan, so I have to go with RE1 for the PS1.

Resident Evil: I remember watching my dad play this when I was just a little hatchling (lol Argonian joke :p). The game scared the hell out of me. Especially that first freakin zombie cutscene where he turns around and gives you that creepy-ass stare. I saw that dang mansion in my dreams and I had nightmares of zombies. As a matter of fact, I contracted a minor phobia of ticking clocks. After listening to them for a while, I start getting paranoid all because it takes me back to that God forsaken dining room in that creepy mansion.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
If final fantasy seven gets remade, I will make it my greatest game but I've said it too much. I'm going to go with... gah I'm torn. Earthbound or Starcraft Vanilla

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Shadow of the Colossus.

While I have enjoyed many other games. Shadow of the Colossus evoked deep emotions within me that I didn't think possible. For a game with a vague storyline and barely any dialogue, the characters were still extremely real and tangible.

I still play this game today and marvel at it's beauty and sadness. It's an experience, it's art.

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
mine is FFX, my first complete playthrough, the game was, and still is absolutely stunnign and amazing to me.

Flamingtaco

Currently my favorite game is Skyrim. My favorite games from when I was younger would have to be Windwaker, Sly Cooper 2, and Ratchet and Clank 3. Knights of the Old Republic and Jedi Knight 2 and 3 were also favorites of mine in the past.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
1. Okami (Beautiful)
2. Monster Hunter (Whole Series)
3. FFXI (Spent a good amount of my high school life playing it)
4. Shadow of the Colossus (One of the PS2's Hidden Gems, just like Okami)

Flamingtaco

What is the greatest game you ever played and why?

For me, it was Shadowbane. Shadowbane was a 100% pvp mmo, where I played a thief. In that game, thieves could steal from other played inventories, so I stole everything. You could be as big an ass as you wanted to be, you could kill everyone, and you could build you own towns. I had a rogue town that was a safe haven for other rogues, like a bandit city. Such good times.

My favorite activity was hiding in banks waiting for people who were trying to get their valuables in the bank before they lost them. I would steal them before they could. It took skill and great timing, but the tears were enough to sustain my youth.

I'd like to hear what game you were most passionate about.
Wow that game sounds awesome, i looked it up after i saw rhis, its too bad I never got a chance to play it. It sounds like it would be the only MMO I could ever enjoy.

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
1. Okami (Beautiful)
2. Monster Hunter (Whole Series)
3. FFXI (Spent a good amount of my high school life playing it)
4. Shadow of the Colossus (One of the PS2's Hidden Gems, just like Okami)
i have beaten #4, it most deffinately a hidden gem, my favorite was the bull, where you had to knock down like 10 pillars, twas awesome to me.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
i rather like dynasty warriors.............. such fun I used to play them at my friendsthen i bought them for myself.......... even tho the story is beyond stupid they're so much fun!

Lucien Lachance

Speaker of the Black Hand
Honestly, Kingdom Hearts II. The story and emotion behind the quest is really moving and deep.

Dcon6393

Right now, just out of sheer amount of fun, Skyrim. Perfect sequel to Oblivion, which was my previous favorite game. Outside of TES I really enjoyed a lot of Gamecube and GBA games like Animal Crossing, Wind Waker, Advance Wars 2, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, etc. But Skyrim wins by a long shot, even with nostalgia with the other games

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts