• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bananban

I have a weird relationship with the Dominion. They seem like such a capable army and obviously have a lot of resources, not to mention the implied cunning of their leaders. I think they are fascinating. I like them as I sit off to the side and watch events take place, I'm not sure whether I support them or even disagree with them, they're just interesting to think about.

I've also developed a weird obsession with Ondolemar, too, I really like him despite all his jerkiness. I will go and follow him around in Understone Keep listening to him shout "stupid dog" all day, it makes me laugh every time.

perkecet

what are you thinking? the dominion doesn't want to rule human races, they want to exterminate them. they do not plan to leave things as they are. they will instigate the second great war whenever they feel like it and take the entire continent. at that point they will either wipe out or enslave all races of humans.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
That's because you messed up Elewens party. What do you expect would happen?

Elenwen only saw the soul of gentility. I wasn't the attention seeking drunk (not at that party anyway). Anyone who saw me do anything untoward is dead. If they did see me, it's taken them a long time to work out who I am. Around 100 hours of gameplay later.

Xarnac

That wouldn't be practical. Both sides would be weakened by war while the Dominion would already be prepared and ready for it. The Dominion are also powerful sorcerers, have the Khajiit with them who expertise with stealth, and the Bosmer who expertise in stealth and arhcery. The Dominion would have the better advantage and win the war within a few weeks. If there's any chance of defeating the Dominion it's with a united and strong Empire.
Probably not. The AD isn't that powerful. And according to Altmer accounts, not as wide spread or as heavily numbered as might think. The Medic Empire was just weak. Redguards kicked them out of Hammerfell single handedly (and they were warring amongst themselves as well). Hell, Mede II almost fought em back, but was weak and conceded to the original terms, even though he would have wiped out the Thalmor/AD.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
Lol? And the Empire wouldn't be united with the stormcloaks?

All you could argue with is "Lol?" and something irrelevant to what I was saying? Obviously they wouldn't be united with the Stormcloaks, I'm glad you figured that one out. When I said that the Dominion could only be defeated with a strong and united Empire I meant with Skyrim being part of the Empire again and preparing for another war with the Dominion instead of fighting amongst themselves. It really doesn't take a genius to figure out what I was implying.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Probably not. The AD isn't that powerful. And according to Altmer accounts, not as wide spread or as heavily numbered as might think. The Medic Empire was just weak. Redguards kicked them out of Hammerfell single handedly.

To quote Dagmar since she explains it better than I: "The Redguards didn't kick out the Empire. The Empire renounced Hammerfell and withdrew the support of its Imperial Legions (what little was left there) from Hammerfell because Hammerfell rejected the terms of the White-Gold Concordat.

The Redguards didn't kick out the Thalmor when they invaded either. When the Thalmor invaded Hammerfell during the Great War and quickly occupied the southern coastline it was the Imperial Legions that held the line and halted the advance of the Dominion at Skaven

It was a contingent of hardened Imperial Legion veterans that General Decianus released as "invalids" :p(when he received marching orders to withdraw from Hammerfell and march for the Imperial City in what would become the Battle of the Red Ring) that drove the Thalmor back to southern Hammerfell.

Some players suffer from the notion that the Redguards literally drove the Thalmor out of Hammerfell and back into the sea but that's not how it happened. Because of the total annihilation of the Dominion's invading army at the Battle of the Red Ring, the Thalmor in Hammerfell were isolated and without outside support which allowed the Redguards to fight the Thalmor to a standstill in southern Hammerfell. The Redguard never actually physically drove the Thalmor out of southern Hammerfell. The Redguards and the Dominion negotiated the Second Treaty of Stros M'kai to allow for the peaceful withdrawal of Dominion forces from Hammerfell."

Xarnac

I never said Redguards kicked out the Empire. And yes, Redguards kicked out the Thalmor/AD from Hammerfell, by themselves. Fought them so hard, they called for peace and were kicked from the lands. The Empire was basically winning the war at that point (little before actually), but Mede II was weak. So yeah, everything I've said stands.

Grogmar Ghrobash

I never said Redguards kicked out the Empire. And yes, Redguards kicked out the Thalmor/AD from Hammerfell, by themselves. Fought them so hard, they called for peace and were kicked from the lands. The Empire was basically winning the war at that point (little before actually), but Mede II was weak. So yeah, everything I've said stands.

Yes, my bad I forgot to take the first paragraph out. But no, what Dagmar says is more believable and supported by facts from the game lore so I'm choosing to believe they didn't drive them out themselves.

perkecet

they weren't 'driven' out. they let themselves out after losing battles and signing a treaty. xarnac, what you're implying is that hammerfell fought the dominion farther and farther back until they ran away scared. that's not what happened. they left because of the treaty. yes, hammerfell put up a good fight, but they did not just beat them back until they fled, the conflict was ended diplomatically.

My views? They're a bunch of milk-drinking, Talos-hating, empire-destroying SUCKERS OF THE EMPORER'S C@(#! THERE! I SAID IT! COME AT ME, THALMOR!

As you may tell, I hate the Aldmeri Dominion and regret joining the Legion. However, I do not regret slaughtering the Emporer. He was a coward.

Xarnac

Yes, my bad I forgot to take the first paragraph out. But no, what Dagmar says is more believable and supported by facts from the game lore so I'm choosing to believe they didn't drive them out themselves.
They were kicked out. They wanted Hammerfell, they invaded Hammerfell, after many battles (that we know about from the Great war) Hammerfell was left to fend for themselves after Mede's II acceptance of Thalmor terms. Thalmor fought in Hammerfell, Redguards prevailed to the point that peace was offered, and thus were kicked from the Island. Doesn't matter what a Dagmar thinks, he's a nobody in terms of Lore expertise. I however am a lore master, and the lore gods and powers that be have no qualm with the expression kicked from Hammerfell. So any thought refuting that doesn't really matter.

And despite the tone of the above, I'm not trying to come off as elitist or anything with that, but Lore gods>random nobodies, at least to me.

they weren't 'driven' out. they let themselves out after losing battles and signing a treaty. xarnac, what you're implying is that hammerfell fought the dominion farther and farther back until they ran away scared. that's not what happened. they left because of the treaty. yes, hammerfell put up a good fight, but they did not just beat them back until they fled, the conflict was ended diplomatically.
Nope, what I'm implying is in fact what happened, according to the Empire. After a fail attempt to take Hammerfell, they sued for peace and were kicked from the server.

But in the end, it doesn't matter about the semantics, just the fact that even with internal fighting, the Redguard nation by themselves fended of the Thalmor, (driving/kicking them from their land). So in regards to my first quote of you, "Probably not," in that they (Thalmor/AD) would conquer within a week or two.

Grogmar Ghrobash

They were kicked out. They wanted Hammerfell, they invaded Hammerfell, after many battles (that we know about from the Great war) Hammerfell was left to fend for themselves after Mede's II acceptance of Thalmor terms. Thalmor fought in Hammerfell, Redguards prevailed to the point that peace was offered, and thus were kicked from the Island. Doesn't matter what a Dagmar thinks, he's a nobody in terms of Lore expertise. I however am a lore master, and the lore gods and powers that be have no qualm with the expression kicked from Hammerfell. So any thought refuting that doesnt really matter.

Lol, Dagmar's a lady for one, as seen in her profile picture, and two she seems to know her lore better than you judging by her post compared to yours which I'm sure you've never seen and are just saying plops out of your ass to sound like the right one in this argument. So, I think imma keep believing Dagmar's counterargument to this as opposed to yours. Unless you can come up with something better than what you've been trying to use so far. So until then good day, sir. :)

Xarnac

Lol, Dagmar's a lady for one, as seen in her profile picture, and two she seems to know her lore better than you judging by her post compared to yours which I'm sure you've never seen and are just saying pl*** out of your ass to sound like the right one in this argument. So, I think imma keep believing Dagmar's counterargument to this as opposed to yours. Unless you can come up with something better than what you've been trying to use so far. So until then good day, sir. :)
It's known by the masters, Thalmor were driven from Hammerfell. It's not an argument, it is fact (to Imperials at least) based on the accounts from A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion. Thalmor wanted Hammerfell from the previous Concord, they were fought to the point that they could do nothing but sue for a peace that left them kicked from Hammerfell. (They to this day receive crap and hostility from Hammerfell, and towards Cyrods for that matter). Whether by literal force in the beginning, or by diplomacy, they were kicked from Hammerfell.

Then there is the fact that it has little context to what I was originally questioning with my first quoting of you. The fact that a bunch of internal fighting Redguards, who apparently dont even have cannons anymore, fought off the (As MK himself refers or equates them to) AIDS of the Thalmor. So, were you going to make a point yet, or not?

Dagmar could be the magical hermaphrodite Vivec for all I care, never heard the name in regard to any lore related forums of merit.

Grogmar Ghrobash

It's known by the masters, Thalmor were driven from Hammerfell. It's not an argument, it is fact (to Imperials at least) based on the accounts from A Concise Account of the Great War Between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion. Thalmor wanted Hammerfell from the previous Concord, they were fought to the point that they could do nothing but sue for a peace that left them kicked from Hammerfell. Whether by literal force in the beginning, or by diplomacy, they were kicked from Hammerfell. Then there is the fact that it has no context to what I was originally questioning with my first quoting of you. So, were you going to make a point yet, or not?

Dagmar could be the magical hermaphrodite Vivec for all I care, never heard the name in regard to any lore related forums of merit.

My point has already been made. You said the Redguards fought them singlehandedly which they didn't as I've already said. This post isn't even relevant to what you were originally stating, you're basically just giving a summary of how the war in Hammerfell went. And how could Dagmar be a nobody compared to you when she's been around longer and has far more post than you. I've also seen her countless times in threads regarding lore.

Xarnac

My point has already been made. You said the Redguards fought them singlehandedly which they didn't as I've already said. This post isn't even relevant to what you were originally stating, you're basically just giving a summary of how the war in Hammerfell went. And how could Dagmar be a nobody compared to you when she's been around longer and has far more post than you. I've also seen her countless times in threads regarding lore.
You had no point. My first reply was vague in that sense, and never said that the Redguards stopped the invasion, just that they kicked the Thalmor from Hammerfell, which they did. And single handedly as the Empire did not help Hammerfell in the last five years. See some of my edit above. All my posts stand. You still haven't refuted my real point though, that the whole Empire wouldn't just cave in after a week or two. Did you even read my whole first post?

More posts on an official forum, or on the IL? Who is Dagmar on IL? Not that posts count=ethos, but Xarnac is a Shezzarine, a constant. He who was once him, is he who was once him on all forums. Maybe I know Dagmar, but not from these forums.

Grogmar Ghrobash

You had no point. My first reply was vague in that sense, and never said that the Redguards stopped the invasion, just that they kicked the Thalmor from Hammerfell, which they did. And single handedly as the Empire did not help Hammerfell in the last five years. See some of my edit above. All my posts stand. You still haven't refuted my real point though, that the whole Empire wouldn't just cave in after a week or two. Did you even read my whole first post?

More posts on an official forum, or on the IL? Who is Dagmar on IL?

I have no idea what IL means but how about you just look up the person instead of trying to tell me you're better than them. And yes I did have a point as I've already said you had said the Redguards drove out the Dominion singlehandedly, which they didn't and I agrued back with Dagmar's post which states that the Empire had part in the Dominion being drove out. And yes I did read the whole post that you made before you edited which I will hold to.

Mahone

All you could argue with is "Lol?" and something irrelevant to what I was saying? Obviously they wouldn't be united with the Stormcloaks, I'm glad you figured that one out. When I said that the Dominion could only be defeated with a strong and united Empire I meant with Skyrim being part of the Empire again and preparing for another war with the Dominion instead of fighting amongst themselves. It really doesn't take a genius to figure out what I was implying.
The Empire is from Cyrodiil, not skyrim. The Empire just wants to control skyrim. And the reason why talos is banned is because the empire couldn't stand up to the Dominion, during the Great war i think. And the next time the Empire is going to be "strong" probably won't be for a while. I said that they SHOULD, not that they will.

Xarnac

I have no idea what IL means but how about you just look up the person instead of trying to tell me you're better than them. And yes I did have a point as I've already said you had said the Redguards drove out the Dominion singlehandedly, which they didn't and I agrued back with Dagmar's post which states that the Empire had part in the Dominion being drove out. And yes I did read the whole post that you made before you edited which I will hold to.
I never said I was better than her, I just wondered who Dagmar was, and question their lore credibility. I couldn't care less about her in the end though. No offence Dagmar. The Red's drove em out single handedly. If the Reds alone can do it, so could the remaining factions if so desired. And wouldn't cave within a week or two.

@ Mahone The banning of Talos was actually a term of the concord, one of many the Empire refused, which lead to the great war, along with the decapitation of all of the AD held Province's Blade members.

The actual reason for the banning has several reasons and meanings, even to the devs and lore writers that be. Conflicting in some cases. Boiling down to its own thread really. So your opinion why is as good as any, within the correct time frame.

KC95

The Dominion are great villains. While I dont want to be one of them they get a reaction out of me. Whenever I encounter one of their members in Skyrim they just irk me. Their accents, their look, their beliefs. Its like running into a snooty British person. Luckily Im the dragoonborn so whatever they say to me will probably by the last thing they do. The game makers did a great job on them. I do want them to take over the known world in the next chapter of TES, only for the player to destroy their establishment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts