• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xarnac

Well, first off, there are two different types, the desert fighters of the Crowns and the Imperial savvy Forebears. They united before and during the Thalmor insurgency. And have differing tactics. The Forebears are the Galleon, ship of the line, cannon wielding coastal forces seen in Redguard. The Crowns are the guerilla fighting desert dwellers.

Xarnac

Thanks. I still do believe the lack of Imperial leadership actually benefited them.
A valid opinion, specifically because the Medic were weak at the time. Though that is all more reason why it wouldn't take a week or two to reconquista what Tiber had.

Xarnac

Decianus left Hammer, with some Reds to fight in the Battle of Red Ring, if that is what you are talking about. There could be more, the Keye's novels talk about the great war, and adds lore. I could brush up, they are lying around here somewhere. But I think there is in game reference in Skyrim to some Redguard Imperial station left vacant in Hammer. Perhaps a Moth fort.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
What would the rebellion be about if the Empire wasn't in Skyrim? The Imperial's are in Skyrim becuase they BELIEVE it's part of the Empire. They're not in Skyrim to squash a rebellion, they're in Skyrim because they want to rule it.

No...Skyrim has always been part of the Empire there hasn't been a time that Skyrim was independent except for when it was ruled by Elves. The Legion are in Skyrim right now because of the rebellion not because they want to rule it. They already DO rule it. If you're going to act like you know what you're saying at least be a bit more accurate.

Grogmar Ghrobash

How would an AD take over in a week if a bunch of squabbling Reds fended them off for five years?

I was exagerrating. And the Redguards fended off a weakened Dominion army, if they were to go against them again it would be a recovered Dominion.

Xarnac

I found it.

In Hammerfell, General Decianus was preparing to drive the Aldmeri back from Skaven when he was ordered to march for Cyrodiil. Unwilling to abandon Hammerfell completely, he allowed a great number of "invalids" to be discharged from the Legions before they marched east. These veterans formed the core of the army that eventually drove Lady Arannelya's forces back across the Alik'r late in 174, taking heavy losses on their retreat from harassing attacks by the Alik'r warriors.
Thar she blows, great Sky whale and all!!!

I was exaggerating. And the Redguards fended off a weakened Dominion army, if they were to go against them again it would be a recovered Dominion.
Not really. Five years of invasion, resupply, and everything else insurgent related=not weak.

But if you were exaggerating, then why did you reply? But it's cool.

Austin Tolhurst

I Personaly Disagree with the Dominion on everything. In the elder scrolls series you could say I "grew up" in oblivion. That really just means thats when i started playing the series and when i stared learning about everything in the series. (I went back and played morrowind). In oblivion Talos was not to be fluffed with. So thats what stuck in my brain. Plus my main/biggest and best charracter in skyrim is a paladin of talos. Also in oblivion high elves were one of the worst races, in my opinion of corse.

Xarnac

My previous post proves that even though the Empire abandoned Hammerfell. The former Empire's soldiers led the Hammerfell resistance. So in extent the Empire did not completely abandon Skyrim, so why did Hammerfell succeed?
Wait, no. In the end of the book, it tells why and how Hammer was abandoned. Look at the end of the book.

Grogmar Ghrobash

Not really. Five years of invasion, resupply, and everything else insurgent related=not weak.

But if you were exaggerating, then why did you reply? But it's cool.

I replied to voice my opinion just because I exaggerated a number doesn't mean I'm not entitled to it. And it's not realistically possible to just jump from war to war like that. From the damage that happened with the war and the inner conflicts that was already happening it would take a while till they would be able and ready to fight again and expect to win.

Xarnac

I replied to voice my opinion just because I exaggerated a number doesn't mean I'm not entitled to it. And it's not realistically possible to just jump from war to war like that. From the damage that happened with the war and the inner conflicts that was already happening it would take a while till they would be able and ready to fight again and expect to win.
It's cool, but as we know, an AD superfecta is highly debatable and arguably a losing proposition. Especially if a bunch of infighting Reds can fend them off.

The Mede was weak, as was the Empire after the Oblivion crisis. But still, if managed properly (which was during the middle and end, but the Empire conceded anyway) rest of Tamriel>AD. Valenwood is about as happy with being under the AD control, as a goblin is slaving for his Altmer masters.

So they succeeded because of territorial loss. That seems small compared to what the Empire gave up. Territory seems like a small price to pay for peace.
Territory is what the war was about, it's price surmounted all prices.

An Imperial is more likely to compromise, given his nature. The old Cyro-Nordic line is wained perhaps, but it's spirit is not lost entirely. Some Lore credibles propose the Thalmor dismantle themselves from within. I am reserved on that specific matter though.

Xarnac

True but the banning of the worship of your god, seems to me a harsher restriction than loss of territory.
The banning is on many levels about Elves (terminal immortality through Elven walking longevity) and Mortals, or the Immortal gods, and the mortal plane of Mundus. They are all Ehlnofey (some wanderers, humans, Reds, some Akaviri, and some are/were the Elven Aldmer/Altmer, which all other Elven races come from). Others are the Hist and creatures that have no name.

Xarnac

What were the Ehlonfey?
They were the original mortal and immortal inhabitants of Nirn. The mortal realm made by divination of the original Aedra. Yeah... WTF? Many creation mythos, ideologies and presumed facts derive from these telling.

In the beginning...nothing happened since there was no time, so it is irrelevant.

Xarnac

The creation myths in the Elder Scrolls series are the most confusing thing.
Sepperating fact from fiction is hard. And because of (some) astute writers, as complex as real world philosophies and ideologies.

I could recite, but it gets long winded and cogent. Esoteric, nuanced absurdism at its finest.

Mahone

No...Skyrim has always been part of the Empire there hasn't been a time that Skyrim was independent except for when it was ruled by Elves. The Legion are in Skyrim right now because of the rebellion not because they want to rule it. They already DO rule it. If you're going to act like you know what you're saying at least be a bit more accurate.
Just because you believe in something, doesn't mean it's true. Just like here, the Imperials THINK that Skyrim is a part of the Empire, and just send random camps into Skyrim. But the Stormcloaks don't think that they are, and are fighting back. Look at the wiki or get information before you post about something that you don't know anything about.

perkecet

Just because you believe in something, doesn't mean it's true. Just like here, the Imperials THINK that Skyrim is a part of the Empire, and just send random camps into Skyrim. But the Stormcloaks don't think that they are, and are fighting back. Look at the wiki or get information before you post about something that you don't know anything about.
no...

Grogmar Ghrobash

What are you talking about? Skyrim IS part of the Empire. Honestly how have you been playing this game so blindly? Even if Skyrim is the only ES game you've ever played it should be pretty obvious to you that Skyrim is part of the Empire. The Stormcloaks know that Skyrim is part of the Empire they're not idiots. They're fighting the war to become independent from the Empire. Ignorance is one of my biggest pet peeves so I think I'm either just going to ignore you or stop replying.

perkecet

yeah but i shouldn't need to. everything that needed to be said has been said, you're just too dense to stop talking. the empire consists of sommerset isle, elsweyr, valenwood, morrowind, high rock, hammerfell, black marsh, cyrodiil, AND skyrim. to think skyrim wasn't ever in the empire is ignorant, seeing as tiber septim, who founded the empire, WAS A NORD, as was every emperor up until the oblivion crisis. yes, the stormcloak rebellion wishes to LEAVE the empire, but as of now they are still part of it. ulfric stormcloak was a imperial soldier before starting the rebellion, as was his number two, galmar.

in conclusion, be quiet, and stop acting like you know what you're talking about, since you do not.

Grogmar Ghrobash

It's cool, but as we know, an AD superfecta is highly debatable and arguably a losing proposition. Especially if a bunch of infighting Reds can fend them off.

The Mede was weak, as was the Empire after the Oblivion crisis. But still, if managed properly (which was during the middle and end, but the Empire conceded anyway) rest of Tamriel>AD. Valenwood is about as happy with being under the AD control, as a goblin is slaving for his Altmer masters.

The Redguards only managed to fend them off because the army they were fighting was weak and had no outside support from the rest of the Dominion. And in the Great War the Dominion nearly conquered Cyrodiil if it hadn't been for the peace treaty and the suprise attack afterwards the Empire would have never been able to push them out. It seems you're greatly underestimating a well prepared and resupplied army against an army who's still lost on men, low on resources, and probably pretty low on morale from the recent hardships. I'm not saying that the Empire couldn't defeat them at all, I'm just saying at their current state they wouldn't be able to. But anyways how about we agree to disagree, I'm getting a bit bored with this thread.

Grogmar Ghrobash

yeah but i shouldn't need to. everything that needed to be said has been said, you're just too dense to stop talking. the empire consists of sommerset isle, elsweyr, valenwood, morrowind, high rock, hammerfell, black marsh, cyrodiil, AND skyrim. to think skyrim wasn't ever in the empire is ignorant, seeing as tiber septim, who founded the empire, WAS A NORD, as was every emperor up until the oblivion crisis. yes, the stormcloak rebellion wishes to LEAVE the empire, but as of now they are still part of it. ulfric stormcloak was a imperial soldier before starting the rebellion, as was his number two, galmar.

in conclusion, be quiet, and stop acting like you know what you're talking about, since you do not.

Well a few of the Emperors were Imperials and BlackMarsh, Elsweyr, Hammerfell, and I think Valenwood are not part of the Empire anymore.