• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

JBar2531

"Yes, lets call it a draw." Adonis smiled bright. He watched as the arrogant Nord from earlier flirted with the Nord woman, but she ignored him. She then walked up to Marcus. Adonis walked over to the arrogant nord. "You know, you wont make any accomplices with that attitude. I know you may not care, but if you need someone to save you during battle, so far no one here is going to." Adonis smiled then walked over to the nearest tent then laid down in the bed and feel asleep.

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    Ronin laughed.

"You're right, I may or may not care but what does it matter? I won't need to be saved" he said.

If there was such a word made specifically to describe Ronin it was arrogant. But he wouldn't be as arrogant as he was if he couldn't back it up. Before Adonis walked far away from him, Ronin yelled out

"Thanks for caring, Princess" though it fell on deaf ears.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    As Arthonnen walked over to the Nord, he said "You'll get that a lot around here. So far your the only one I've had a decent conversation with. Oh and I don't believe you mentioned your name." as he said this he took his sword sheath off his belt, took off his pack from his shoulders and sat down, taking small sips of the Vintage 399. He seemed to protect the sword strapped to his pack, even though he never used it.

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    "Aye, you're not wrong there" Ronin said.

He took a seat across from the Dunmer who seemed to be thoroughly enjoying his booze.

"They call me Ronin" he said

Ronin took his hood off to show his face clearly for the first time. His dark eyes almost gleaming in the light.

"So, friend" he began "What's your story? Why is a Dark Elf in this skeeverhole?"

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "I'm self taught for the most part. I had a few instructors but I began to read about fencing and so I learned to fight that way. After a while I entered tournaments and began to win them but those days have long since past for reasons I would prefer not to share, if you don't mind." He saw her bow "Hunter?"

blue 468

"You could say that" she replied sitting in a nearby chair she continued talking "I was raised by a woodelf, for the most part so archery is one of the things im good at." Pausing for a moment "don' get me wrong though I still know how to use a sword and i'm as true a Nord as any other Nord". She sighed deeply " what about you?" She asked

Sid

"Well it depends where you want to start; with my recent history or with my family history." he said, taking another swig "I'll shorten the story for you. Firstly I am assuming you know of Indoril Nerevar Chimeri king of Morrowind. met with a Dwemer Maiden. They well, you know. Then nine months later, Indoril Nerevar II came along. When the Dwemer went he stayed, as he was part Chimer. When the Chimer were cursed he stayed the same. His child, was now a Dunmer. That family tree went all the way down to me. My father took part on the Oblivion Crisis and closed a few gates. Once it was all over he settled back down with my Uncle, who was, coincidently, the Nerevarine in Morrowind, who he then proceeded to kill. I never had a childhood. My father made me and my late brother train, all day. I left at the age of eighteen to see the world. I had occasionally gone out. But this time was different, I ran away, and hated my father, the Vampire that he was. I arrived in Port Telvanis and cured my Vampirism. The alchemist forgot to add blood grass, hence my eternal youth. I then travelled, to Cyrodiil where I met the young General Tullius. I signed up for the legion and quickly proceed through the ranks, until I got the attention of the Emporer. He gave me a position of Imperial Agent, and to this day I honor that position. I returned to Morrowind, just as Red Mountain erupted heavily burning my body. I returned home took up Goldbrand and plunged it into my fathers heart. The blade shattered as it entered hitting the stone chair. I took my fathers sword," as he said this he indicated to his sword on his pack, "I then took up an oath to kill any Thalmor I can. Then I traveled all over Tamriel, from Sentinal to Alinor. A few months back, the Emperor sent me a message telling me to come to Skyrim and aid General Tullius, and should he die, I take over as General. I met the Dunmer Karliah and married her. I currently live in Heljarchen Hall, that was where I received this." As he said this he picked up his letter "And I journey here, and here I am. What about you."

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    "Killing Thalmor agents, aye?" Ronin asked "Remind me to buy you a drink sometime"

He laughed and unsheathed a few Elven daggers.

"I have a feeling we'll get along" he said, showing the collection of Thalmor weapons.

After resheathing them, he began to recount his story.

"Well, I don't have such an intricate family history as you do. I was an Orphan down in Riften. While I was growing up I developed as sort of... talent for wounding up with things that weren't mine, you could say. This talent of mine drew the attention of certain members of the Thieves Guild. After a few years with the Guild I left because of certain disagreements"

He paused for a second, thinking.

"I'm not married like you are but I was involved with a certain lady during my time at the Guild but that ended when I left. And that's about it. Found this note on some hunter I stole from and decided to have a look"

After telling his story Ronin looked around the camp to see where the others were.

"What next?" he asked Arthonnen.

Sid

"An Orphan eh? Some say it's easy to kill being, an Orphan. No parents to disappoint. Well as for whats next I have no idea. Perhaps that Redguard knows something about all this." As Arthonnen said he pointed over to the Redguard. Whilst pointing he finished off his wine. "Great that's the last bottle this in Skyrim."

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    (Athonnen.... You broke the lore! The Emperor has Goldbrand. And your backstory is really a bit much!)
    "What do you mean 'what about me'?" Marcus asked not quite understanding what she meant.

blue 468

"what's your story? why are you here? I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i'm just saying. Well you know. Oh never mind." Robiin sat down quickly covering her face her cheeks flushed, she had never been that carless with her words, she didn't know why but she was letting her guard down and it was confusing her.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Are you OK? You seem fairly..... flustered?" Marcus was confused as to her sudden change in personality. Meeko walked up to her and stood at her feet, anxious to meet new people.

blue 468

Standing up quickly "ohh, never mind " Robiin walked past Marcus wondering what just happened she felt fine now her usually sarcastic self, she decided she would keep an eye on him. Walking around the camp she climbed up a tree and fell asleep thinking about what was going to happen.

Sid

As Arthonnen made his way over to the other side of the camp, he pulled out his sword and started practicing his swordplay. Then when he reached the archery range he put away his sword and pulled out a dagger and through it at the target. "Bullseye" he said "No suprise there then.

JBar2531

Adonis woke up from his short nap, and upon exiting the tent, saw the dunmer throwing daggers at a practice dummy. What Adonis really noticed though, was the sword in his pack. Adonis walked forward to ask him about it. "Hey Arthonnen, thats a nice sword.." As Adonis said this he reached out to touch it, just to see the blade....

JoeReese

Rahn had been burned before. He was all too well aware of the degree of treachery, to which people were capable of rising when their interests were served. His years in the Legion and, before that, the haggard old warrior who mentored him through his youth, had taught him that.

An orphan in practice, Rahn really didn't even know if that was true. He was found by a villager, brought to the center of the meager collection of huts, and promptly ignored as 'yet another mouth.' An infant, unable to care for himself, he was left to die. Wuulfgar changed that, the gnarled old veteran of the most violent battles in memory, he was the last person anyone would have expected to take on a child. But Wuulfgar was a widower, alone and empty, and to be depended on was just what he needed. And so Wuulfgar had raised Rahn, albeit in a predictably martial way.

Rahn learned many things in his youth, to read and write, to hunt and fish, cook and care for himself, and above all to defend himself. Rahn was VERY good at defending himself. This took Rahn to the darkest, most dangerous places the Legion could think to send him. It was not that they disliked Rahn. On the contrary, he was held in very high esteem by his commanders and peers, but Rahn was good and, when the stakes are high, you send the good ones.

In all, Rahn spent fifteen years in the Legion, finally quitting in anger, after his commander refused to allow him leave to see his child born. Rahn waited weeks for news, choked with excitement and dread. When news came, he accepted their deaths as stoically as he thought a soldier should. Inside, he died. Rahn neither reenlisted nor looked back.

He earned his "living" himself, sleeping in furs and eating of animals he'd hunted. He rarely went into towns, and when he did he made an effort not to be noticed. Thanks to first Wuulfgar, and then the Legion, he was also very good at that.

Watching the exchange between the various members of this mismatched group, Rahn shook his head almost imperceptibly. "Your talents could well save the lives of many," the letter had said, urging him to seek out this small camp and, in it, to train those who would cleanse the corruption in his beloved Skyrim.
    He had found the camp fairly easy to enter unseen, and now lay in the shadows, covered in brush, watching the almost comedic exchange. Some of what he heard amused him. Some annoyed him. None surprised him.

Sid

Once Arthonnen heard his name he turned around to see Adonis reaching for his fathers sword. He sprinted over to his pack and just as Adonis touched the hilt Arthonnen had swung a punch hitting the Nord in the temples. As he fell to the ground Arthonnen picked his pack up and swung it over his shoulder. Then he shouted "No one touch this sword. No one. You'll find out what I wish to keep hidden." after he said this he went and sat in the shadows of the camp in complete Solitude.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Marcus began to grow tired of all the waiting and decided to confront Rellian "When are we going to begin and when do you plan on giving us all the details?"

Skyrimosity

Rellian was startled as a man approached the tower (OOC: Which no one seems to respect as existing) and opened the door. The man asked a few questions, perhaps ill-placed at the time. Rellian answered "You will get the details as they come now leave or this journey will end for you long before it begins." The guards pushed the man out the tower and locked the door with a wooden bar. "Now, where were we? Ah yes... where are we supposed to make our first strike?"

One guard spoke up "I say we strike Markarth. Cut the head off the Corrupt snake."

Another spoke up "Perhaps we should do some minor jobs for the civilians, to earn their support."

Another one says "We should start out small with a city like Morthal or Winterhold."

Rellian shouts out "Curse the Divines! None of you incompetent wannabe captains ever agree!" Rellian unlocked the door and threw it open, shouting out as loud as he could

"Anyone who thinks they know what the first action should be to free the people of Skyrim, GIVE YOUR IDEAS NOW! Whichever won is approved gets a sack of five-hundred gold!"

Rellian then stood waiting to see what ideas the group would bring.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts