• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I have to say that since I messed around with the creation kit and made my 4 characters possible followers for each other, this whole running around Skyrim thing with some or all of my alternate characters is actually quite fun.

I like having my Bosmer alt, Karolas running around with me. The guy is a freakin' weapon of mass destruction with his bow.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
I can find/buy excellent potions.

I can find/buy all sorts of enchanted gear.

Then why can't I find a single sword that has been improved past it's default level? And why are the blacksmiths in Skyrim so lazy that they don't even offer the service? And speaking of which, as a blacksmith, shouldn't they take requests to make specific weapons?

Why does the game try to shoehorn me into a blacksmith role (something that realistically takes years of training to do properly)?

My ideal game would have included the option to buy these services. And for those who wanted to learn blacksmithing, it should be it's own special guild with quests to learn the techniques for each class of armor.

What's my problem? Why don't I just deal with it? Personally, I don't care for any of the crafting disciplines. They are tedious and tend to require some sort of "grinding" to level to a usable point. I tolerate them, but have never had any of their levels over 60 because they annoy me so much.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I can find/buy excellent potions.

I can find/buy all sorts of enchanted gear.

Then why can't I find a single sword that has been improved past it's default level? And why are the blacksmiths in Skyrim so lazy that they don't even offer the service? And speaking of which, as a blacksmith, shouldn't they take requests to make specific weapons?

Why does the game try to shoehorn me into a blacksmith role (something that realistically takes years of training to do properly)?

My ideal game would have included the option to buy these services. And for those who wanted to learn blacksmithing, it should be it's own special guild with quests to learn the techniques for each class of armor.

What's my problem? Why don't I just deal with it? Personally, I don't care for any of the crafting disciplines. They are tedious and tend to require some sort of "grinding" to level to a usable point. I tolerate them, but have never had any of their levels over 60 because they annoy me so much.

That is actually a very good rant. Just like I have said before, why do you not see any warriors wearing anything better than steel plate? With the exception of one orc, (who wears Orc armor), or carved Nordic, that's as good as it gets. Would be cool to slay the occasional bandit chief wearing Daedric or Dragon armor... that would be one tough chief.

And Raido, yes, I've considered riding the bear into battle. Might be cool for a time, but the only thing other than a horse that I ride into battle is a mammoth. I flew on the back of a dragon to fight Alduin, but never again. I would consider charging into battle riding piggy-back on a battle troll, or perhaps using a Silt-Strider... Hmm. Time for some ale.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
At work today I get a call that shows up as "CUSTOMER SERVICE 800-whatever" on the caller ID. When I pick up and go through the typical introductory phone answering part, I just hear dead silence, click and then a dial tone.

I hung the phone up and laughed, wow, that's excellent customer service.

:rolleyes:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
And Raido, yes, I've considered riding the bear into battle. Might be cool for a time, but the only thing other than a horse that I ride into battle is a mammoth. I flew on the back of a dragon to fight Alduin, but never again. I would consider charging into battle riding piggy-back on a battle troll, or perhaps using a Silt-Strider... Hmm. Time for some ale.

I usually just ride Haelga into battle. Even viruses can't slow her down.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
What is up with the potion bottle sizes? If I strapped 4 of those to my character he should be overloaded. Have you looked at the large bottles? They are big enough to be used as a mace if the game would let you. It should take you a minimum of 20 seconds chugging to down the contents (not too worried about my character being able to drink it all - he's usually rather dehydrated after several weeks of not having any liquids).

And those poison bottles sure look like they should last for more than one application. What is my character doing, pouring the left-overs on the ground?

I wonder if the sizes were for the benefit of being able to spot them easier? I looked around on the nexus for a size fix, but the one I found didn't seem to go far enough for my taste (Link). I think they should be smaller and wouldn't mind if they were more difficult to see. I usually end up with far too many as it is.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
What is up with the potion bottle sizes? If I strapped 4 of those to my character he should be overloaded. Have you looked at the large bottles? They are big enough to be used as a mace if the game would let you. It should take you a minimum of 20 seconds chugging to down the contents (not too worried about my character being able to drink it all - he's usually rather dehydrated after several weeks of not having any liquids).

And those poison bottles sure look like they should last for more than one application. What is my character doing, pouring the left-overs on the ground?

I wonder if the sizes were for the benefit of being able to spot them easier? I looked around on the nexus for a size fix, but the one I found didn't seem to go far enough for my taste (Link). I think they should be smaller and wouldn't mind if they were more difficult to see. I usually end up with far too many as it is.
One poison for my enemy, and one for my homies

FarmGirl

Work is really cutting into my gaming time.
I have to say that since I messed around with the creation kit and made my 4 characters possible followers for each other, this whole running around Skyrim thing with some or all of my alternate characters is actually quite fun.

I like having my Bosmer alt, Karolas running around with me. The guy is a freakin' weapon of mass destruction with his bow.

I like to make my own followers too. They aren't so chatty and I can make them as powerful as I want. I currently have this guy who is also dangerous with a bow. For fun I gave him all the stealth perks. We can sneak anywhere, its great!TESV 2014-02-24 15-04-44-81 (2).jpg

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

I like to make my own followers too. They aren't so chatty and I can make them as powerful as I want. I currently have this guy who is also dangerous with a bow. For fun I gave him all the stealth perks. We can sneak anywhere, its great!View attachment 24432
I enjoy the ability to go around with my other characters at any point. For my alternate game save files, I have Raido available too and he has all of his shouts available. I enjoy when he fus-ro-dahs stuff when he's a follower

FarmGirl

I like to make my own followers too. They aren't so chatty and I can make them as powerful as I want. I currently have this guy who is also dangerous with a bow. For fun I gave him all the stealth perks. We can sneak anywhere, its great!View attachment 24432
I enjoy the ability to go around with my other characters at any point. For my alternate game save files, I have Raido available too and he has all of his shouts available. I enjoy when he fus-ro-dahs stuff when he's a follower

Oh, you should upload him as a mod!:Dragonborn:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I've thought about it and may eventually do it, though there's a decent number of mods in play in making him what he is, mostly visual stuff, so there's a good bit of permissions needed to use them and his sword would have to be changed as it's an intellectual property rights thing that Steam and Nexus would probably pull down. Finding an alternate weapon wouldn't be too big a deal though.

Stripped down to 100% vanilla, he loses most of his uniqueness and is in my opinion almost too different. I guess after 1000 hours of game-time the character really evolves a lot and I am just way more (possibly too) picky when it comes to my main character. He's also a bit overpowered for a typical follower. There might be a middle ground there though I could do and be satisfied with. I'll mess around with him a bit and see what I could come up with

FarmGirl

I've thought about it and may eventually do it, though there's a decent number of mods in play in making him what he is, mostly visual stuff, so there's a good bit of permissions needed to use them and his sword would have to be changed as it's an intellectual property rights thing that Steam and Nexus would probably pull down. Finding an alternate weapon wouldn't be too big a deal though.

Stripped down to 100% vanilla, he loses most of his uniqueness and is in my opinion almost too different. I guess after 1000 hours of game-time the character really evolves a lot and I am just way more (possibly too) picky when it comes to my main character. He's also a bit overpowered for a typical follower. There might be a middle ground there though I could do and be satisfied with. I'll mess around with him a bit and see what I could come up with

Too bad. Makes sense. Let me know if you do though.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

Too bad. Makes sense. Let me know if you do though.
I'll play around some and see what I come up with. If nothing else I could zip all the parts up and post it on a regular file share site

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Perhaps Elder Scrolls VI should have strong weather systems. Storms so strong that it seriously impairs visibility, even blowing you off course. Perhaps even tornadoes, which would be very rarely encountered, but obviously fatal if caught in it's path. Such storms would occur only in season, which is something else new that would be introduced-seasons. Imagine seeing heat-wave distortions in summer; leaves turning, falling, and covering the ground in autumn; obviously snow in winter; then renewal in spring.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Time to take it down a notch. I recently cleaned Vokun's clock without breaking a sweat. You know you're a badass when you can take down a Dragon Priest in 2 shots. And he never saw me.

So I'm hanging up the Legendary armor and weapons and going back to unimproved stuff. I'm a master Alchemist so I feel confident that my potions and poisons can take over.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Perhaps Elder Scrolls VI should have strong weather systems. Storms so strong that it seriously impairs visibility, even blowing you off course. Perhaps even tornadoes, which would be very rarely encountered, but obviously fatal if caught in it's path. Such storms would occur only in season, which is something else new that would be introduced-seasons. Imagine seeing heat-wave distortions in summer; leaves turning, falling, and covering the ground in autumn; obviously snow in winter; then renewal in spring.

I like the idea of rare weather events. I once thought it would be cool if there were very rare animals in Skyrim, so that you could play 1000 hours and not be likely to see a single one of them. Maybe a small fox sized mammal, like a lynx. Perhaps once every day at a random time they could appear at the mouth of one cave, then run quickly to the mouth of the nearest cave and disappear again until the next day when they spawn again at a different location.

Maybe killing it could incur a high bounty, but everything you find on the body is extremely valuable. Like teeth, furs, ears, eyes, and internal organs all costing about as much as daedric armour. I'm getting carried away with this idea now, but I kind of got the idea from the Pokemon shiny system and expanded on it a bit

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

I like the idea of rare weather events. I once thought it would be cool if there were very rare animals in Skyrim, so that you could play 1000 hours and not be likely to see a single one of them. Maybe a small fox sized mammal, like a lynx. Perhaps once every day at a random time they could appear at the mouth of one cave, then run quickly to the mouth of the nearest cave and disappear again until the next day when they spawn again at a different location.

Maybe killing it could incur a high bounty, but everything you find on the body is extremely valuable. Like teeth, furs, ears, eyes, and internal organs all costing about as much as daedric armour. I'm getting carried away with this idea now, but I kind of got the idea from the Pokemon shiny system and expanded on it a bit

Or, you could kill this rare animal, collect its head and mount it in your house? Valuable items are basically worthless to most people after about level 40 imo.

PeTeTe809

The Great Instigator
Does anyone else collect random trinkets for the sake of, collecting them? Like filling a chest with 100 k septims? Or having a safe full of all the 'flawless' gems and other expensive jewelry?

FarmGirl

Does anyone else collect random trinkets for the sake of, collecting them? Like filling a chest with 100 k septims? Or having a safe full of all the 'flawless' gems and other expensive jewelry?

Are you kidding? If its "flawless" I have to have it in my house! I don't need the gold, I just like shiny things.

Twiffle

Are you kidding? If its "flawless" I have to have it in my house! I don't need the gold, I just like shiny things.

Im flawless and shine up well with a good scrubbing, , , ;):D