• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
:eek::eek:

Sadly there is not enough bleach on planet earth to throw into my eyes to ever get that image out.

Oh well...
suicide-7.gif

She would make a good bard. :beermug:
When she walks in a room she quickly attracts a crowd.

Oh wait, that's gravity doing that.

Twiffle

I was just wondering about spells while i was playing my mage, i was thinking, depending on your build, are there any ''GO TO'' spells you must have, the one you either have to buy of complete quests for to get, i don't mean what school, that doesn't matter, its a certain spell.

Ill start it off, with my mage i always do the college quests just to get my hands on 'Equilibrium', IMHO i think its a brill spell, took me ages to get used to using it, but now as a mage i cant live without it, , ,well that's my random thought for the day, :cool:

Adam Warlock

I was just wondering about spells while i was playing my mage, i was thinking, depending on your build, are there any ''GO TO'' spells you must have, the one you either have to buy of complete quests for to get, i don't mean what school, that doesn't matter, its a certain spell.

Ill start it off, with my mage i always do the college quests just to get my hands on 'Equilibrium', IMHO i think its a brill spell, took me ages to get used to using it, but now as a mage i cant live without it, , ,well that's my random thought for the day, :cool:

Transmute

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
has anyone ever seen a flying monkey on skyrim or a flying dragon that stuff is crazy lol and whats the deal with the freaking headless horseman no matter what I cant kill him and he is making me mad

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
has anyone ever seen a flying monkey on skyrim or a flying dragon that stuff is crazy lol and whats the deal with the freaking headless horseman no matter what I cant kill him and he is making me mad
The horseman spawns randomly each night and generally returns before dawn to the graveyard. Sometimes you can briefly interact with him. There's no real use or any involvement in the storyline for him nor is there an explanation. Speculation, which I tend to also agree with, suggests he's likely Ragnar the Red

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
A cool random screenshot of J'zargo

TESV2013-12-0622-40-16-10.png~original

Wildroses

I did an experiment recently in which I drastically slow played the College of Winterhold questline. Morndas I read three books, Tirdas I used an arcane enchanter, Middas I trained with trainers, Turdas I learnt three new spells, Fredas I did a College quest. Before I would do one which advanced the College questline I first had to do every single other possible quest with no repeats any other College NPC would give me. Any time I had spare after that from Fredas to Sundas I could spend doing my own quests. Once I came back with news of the Staff of Magnus I decided to finish it off as I thought it would be stupid hanging around studying while Ancano was growing with power, plus I got sick of everyone telling me: "WTF are you still doing here you dozy git?! GTFO and get that staff!"

So, by the time I was made Archmage:
  • I had 100 in all magic skills but enchanting (75) and knew all the Master level spells
  • I was level 54
  • I knew seven complete shouts, three two word shouts and nine one word shouts
  • The only spells I did not know were Equilibruim and those added by Dragonborn and Dawnguard
  • Alduin was dead
  • 61 Misc quests had been done
  • I was an Agent of Mara
  • I had 100 in Alchemy, found and repaired the White Phial and helped finish Sinderion's work on Crimson Nirnroot
  • I had reforged the Gaulder Amulet
  • I had found three lots of Shalidor's lost works
  • I had read the Oghma Infinitum
  • I owned Dawnbreaker
  • I had helped Anska find her scroll
  • I had helped Arniel twice with his research
And for the first time ever, it didn't feel completely stupid that I had been made Archmage.

I'm not finished with this character by a long shot though. She isn't allowed to graduate until she's learnt and reproduced every enchantment in Skyrim and read every book, and while she is an undergraduate she still has to run around doing quests for the Winterhold NPCs and her thirst for knowledge and power means she wants to learn all the shouts possible as a personal project. The plan is to make her get arrogant in her power and position and start doing quests she was too nervous and sensible to do before, a path she will continue on until she travels to Solstheim after a chaos enchanted weapon and new spells and gets caught up in Miraak's quest. Watching Seekers, how Miraak treats his servants, and Frea's warning at the end of the questline is going to make her think: "Is this path I'm walking going to lead me somewhere I want to go?" I'll be curious to see what she does then.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I did an experiment recently in which I drastically slow played the College of Winterhold questline. Morndas I read three books, Tirdas I used an arcane enchanter, Middas I trained with trainers, Turdas I learnt three new spells, Fredas I did a College quest. Before I would do one which advanced the College questline I first had to do every single other possible quest with no repeats any other College NPC would give me. Any time I had spare after that from Fredas to Sundas I could spend doing my own quests. Once I came back with news of the Staff of Magnus I decided to finish it off as I thought it would be stupid hanging around studying while Ancano was growing with power, plus I got sick of everyone telling me: "WTF are you still doing here you dozy git?! GTFO and get that staff!"
That's a great way to do it. Definitely more realistic than just blowing through the main college questline.

I dig the thinking going into her future path. There's always a very delicate balance between the desire to grow and increase your powers and the point of becoming obsessed and possibly even corrupted by the quest for it. It's such a real conflict as much in the physical world as in the video game one, I too look forward to seeing where your character goes with it.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
why am i cursed that every time i fast travel i immediatly get attacked by the dawnguard or random bandits.

why is it that every time i talk to someone serana attacks me i can see her saying "oh no you better not be talking to her (lightning bolt to the head) lets go were leaving and dont even think im gonna let you use my blood to darken the sun tonight" doghouse everytime lol

Chadonraz

Why is it, that when I mount my horse, there is always a bear near by??
Because Ria has been slacking off lately would be my guess

Speaking of Ria and bears, I keep running into her hunting a bear. It's one of the new random encounters added by "Extended Encounters", and I'll bet you anything the author got the idea from that particular line of Ria's. Half the time I have to kill the bear, though, because it always spawns in front of me. :rolleyes:

More on topic: Are there tides on Nirn? Also, how large are Masser and Secunda compared to the planet? How large IS Nirn, anyway?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Why is it, that when I mount my horse, there is always a bear near by??
Because Ria has been slacking off lately would be my guess

Speaking of Ria and bears, I keep running into her hunting a bear. It's one of the new random encounters added by "Extended Encounters", and I'll bet you anything the author got the idea from that particular line of Ria's. Half the time I have to kill the bear, though, because it always spawns in front of me. :rolleyes:

More on topic: Are there tides on Nirn? Also, how large are Masser and Secunda compared to the planet? How large IS Nirn, anyway?
tidal effects would likely be present as they would be in any such close orbiting body scenario, unless all the bodies are in a dual phase-locked geosynchronous orbit (which observationally doesn't seem to be the case) at which point the gravitational effect required to make tides wouldn't happen. The orbits of the moons don't really follow logical reality though, nor do the angles of reflected light make real sense. At night, the light bounced off each body seems to suggest a light sources from different locations.

Technically Secunda orbits Masser and that system orbits Nirn. For the orbit of Secunda to hold and not be pulled away by Nirn, either the masses of Masser and Nirn would have to be fairly similar and Secunda would have to be farther than half he orbit distance between Masser and Nirn or Masser could have less mass but Secunda would have to be far closer to it relative to it's distance from Nirn.

The sea has noticeable wave activity if you explore the outer shorelines, especially evident on Solstheim, but there is no discernible water level changes between what one would call high and low tides. Considering that both normal waves and tides are caused in large part by the same natural phenomena of differential gravity, likely the tidal level changes were just not a level of design detail that was contemplated, maybe not possible or just a considered a waste of GPU/CPU resources.

Geez I'm such a dork. Wish I could make white-board diagrams.

:D

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
This monkey looks just like Larry King

monkey_larryking.jpg

Wildroses

You know the all-powerful Morokei? The one who holds the Staff of Magnus and has a very powerful mask? The one who taunts you with a magic depleting wind about how hopeless and doomed you are throughout the entire dungeon? The one Savos Aren was so terrified of he sacrificed two of his friends to keep imprisoned, despite promising they would stay together?

My pet dog just pushed him off his ledge, onto the ground, right back to the steps out of the main room, up the steps and all the way across the huge passage room until Morokei was backed up against the wall, where he died of bite wounds.

My glorious contribution to this fight was mostly falling off walls then forgetting where the stairs were to get back up and running after Meeko and Morokei yelling: "Hey! Get back here! The boss fight is supposed to be happening in there!"

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
You know the all-powerful Morokei? The one who holds the Staff of Magnus and has a very powerful mask? The one who taunts you with a magic depleting wind about how hopeless and doomed you are throughout the entire dungeon? The one Savos Aren was so terrified of he sacrificed two of his friends to keep imprisoned, despite promising they would stay together?

My pet dog just pushed him off his ledge, onto the ground, right back to the steps out of the main room, up the steps and all the way across the huge passage room until Morokei was backed up against the wall, where he died of bite wounds.

My glorious contribution to this fight was mostly falling off walls then forgetting where the stairs were to get back up and running after Meeko and Morokei yelling: "Hey! Get back here! The boss fight is supposed to be happening in there!"

Huh, it would seem that you discoverd Morokei's one weakness: Cynophobia.

Meeko was probably trying to just say hello, but Morokei was backing away "getitoff getitoff getitoff!"

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
I've finally got the mage I wanted when I first bought the game. Thanks to various modders I'm doing the playthrough I dreamed of.

Staves of Skyrim provides a defensive staff (with optional light at the tip) that can be used for blocking and improves magical abilities. Once I level it enough it will provide magical shielding as well.

Bound Atronach provides a "bound" elemental weapon (fire, ice, or shock) which levels destruction and uses a modified glass weapon not a daedric model (hurray!). Being an elemental mage the regular bound weapons were somewhat immersion breaking.

Apocalypse Spells provides a wonderful little spell called "Ocato's Recital" which stores up to 3 buff/summon spells which are autocast when entering combat. So my flesh spell and summon atronach autocast allowing me to focus on the important stuff (like swinging my bound sword). Gone is the tedious process of continually casting the support spells required for every engagement.

SkyRe does a whole bunch of stuff, but in this context it allows magic to scale better at higher levels.

I'm running probably 40 other mods but those four are the mods that allow my mage to be actually fun and not quite as tedious as previous characters.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass