Private Oblivion Falls on Skyrim [OFS]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    Venator already had the door open when he heard the khajiit talking and almost missed his friend's comment about being careful. He laughed and stopped to let the others catch up. Clapping Andre on the shoulder he said, "Don't worry spearman, if anyone dies this day there is a glorious afterlife waiting for them..." Looking at the werewolf he added, "well, most of us that is." Then addressing the khajiit directly he asked, "So, Sk'Raazda is it? You seemed to have been mostly in charge before. Andre and I have already determined that we don't want the bounty reward, so you are welcome to at least my share."

"Ho ho! That's right! After this, I'm buying everyone drinks at the Bannered Mare with my share! How's that sound?" Andre stepped over the threshold into the mine and felt a chill in his bones. There would be more than the few week bandits standing guard outside to deal with in these depths.

He decided to lift the group's spirits by whistling the first few lines of "Ragnar the Red" cheerily. Then, he heard the distant crackling of a fire, and he knew the time had come for silence. He trailed behind the group, using all his senses to make sure they wouldn't be ambushed.

skyrimbeast

Ji'darro heared the group enter the mine and leaped to hide in the corner, he had waited for them so he could carry on behind them after they got detected by the bandits. He had so much time that he counted the bandits before the group entered and knew there was 3 bandits and an orc bandit chief as the leader.
    But Ji'darro thought carefully and came up with 3 options, as he always liked to have more than 1 option.
    Option 1 was sneak behind them and get what he needs.
    Option 2 was wait until they caught up to him and when they get stuck by the Apprentice level door lock walk in and lend them a hand to open it up.
    And option 3 was to wait until they were at the door then jump out and grab one of them with my Ebony dagger around their throat and threaten to kill him. Well, I'll just have to wait for the moment and decide then. He thought to himself.

Brumon The Third

Battlemage from Cyrodiil
    After entering the mine with the group and hearing Andre´s whistling the first lines of "Ragnar the Red", Brumon sensed someting near them, it was the smell of fur coming from a Khajit hidden in the shadows, "Hey, there is someone over there", said him to the others while pointing to a dark corner of the mine.

"Ah yes, I was going to point him out, but he doesn't seem hostile. You did slay that big orc out there and save Sk'Raazda's life after all, didn't you?" Andre chuckled, addressing the Khajiit in the dark corner, "I didn't want to ruin your fun, but you have been trailing us for hours, am I right?"

Andre listened to the Khajiit's nervous footsteps coming out of the shadows. Stepping forward, Andre reached out his arm, "The name's Andre friend... well, are you a friend? Ho ho! I suppose if you weren't, I might have lost my hand by now right?" Andre smiled widely hoping the Khajiit in front of him wouldn't turn hostile as a result of being discoverd.

skyrimbeast

"Ok, hello my name is Ji'darro I was thinking of introducing myself now anyway but I'm sorry we should talk later, we have buisness to take care of am I right? And I have planned out our next steps, there is 4 bandits in there 3 bandits and one orc who is the chief, but I think we can take care of these without too much damage as there is more of us than them and I'm sure we are all great at killing considering the fact your all mercaneries I'm assuming. Anyway, I'll lockpick this door up here and we'll be killing but before we go on, may I ask if I can take a certain item as loot as that is what brought me here?" Ji'darro said as he pulled out 3 lockpicks and went for the door, he opened it on his 2nd attempt without much challenge.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator had watched the Khajiit come from the shadows and introduce himself, and was glad for his businesslike attitude. "I think that we can let you have your pick of treasure, but I would appreciate it if you returned to Whiterun with us when this venture is complete. You killed that damned Orc when I didn't, as a hunter I owe you a drink, and I would be very offended if you didn't accept it." Knocking a new arrow and crouching while moving ahead, he whispered back, "If there are four of them then I think everyone should pick a target and strike from a distance," remembering his pride wounded over the encounter outside he added, "I've got the leader."

"Hmmm, six of us against four of them? Seems unfair." Andre had to fight to hold back his laughter now, "How about I stand back and sing a tune of victory?" Andre had already seen his share of action tonight, and his old bones were sore.

He listened to the bandits up ahead. One of them was pounding at the rocks, digging for scraps of metal ore, and one was snoring loudly. The other two were discussing something in hushed tones. Something still didn't seem right to Andre, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda nodded to all of them, crouching down to take off her boots. She put them against the mine wall, quietly, in the shadow. Her furred feet almost silent against the cold stone as she crept forward. She took out her dagger, stopping before she got too close to the enemy.
    "Sk'Raazda will take the sleeping one." She murmured watching the soft glint of light that reflected off her blood stained dagger.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Sk'Raazda had crept a little further than where Venator had decided to set up his shot, and he was glad for her eagerness. She whispered, "Sk'Raazda will take the sleeping one." and he couldn't help but think that he liked this khajiit. Turning his attention back to the task at hand he noticed the chief whispering with another man, and the way that they spoke, it was obvious that the chief was not actually in charge. He pondered which one he should actually take down while the others moved into position.

skyrimbeast

Ji'darro was amazed at how well this was looking for him and his new friends. He walked silenty over to his target who is the man 2nd in command who was currently having a chat with the chief. On his way to the otherside, Ji'darro passed Venator and whispered "hey mate, the chief is the orc on the left, also are you sure that your ready for this?

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator was still contemplating his target when Ji'darro made his comment. He whispered back, "yes but make sure the other one dies too, their body language bothers me, I swear it's like we're missing something." He whispered back to Andre, "Hey friend, don't relax yet, there is something very wrong going on that we aren't seeing."

"I agree friend. I can feel it in the air." Andre opened his senses and let the environment take hold of him for a moment. The air was thick with a strange venom and Andre felt uncomfortable. "There is evil magic here."

He twisted his grip on the shaft of his spear and ready himself for trouble. "Let's be very careful here, shall we?" He had dropped his mocking tone now and was speaking with stern wisdom. He had a very bad feeling about this, but had confidence in the group. "Whenever you're ready, I have your backs."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda could feel the uneasiness of the group behind her. There was a strange unearthly feeling that had been coming across her ever since she stepped foot on the threshold, but she had ignored it believing it to be her nerves from her first battle. Now, she wasn't so sure. Nevertheless she made her fur lay flat and her hands steady as she eyed the group before her.
    She looked behind her hearing her comrades give their own ready signals and then turned back to creep forward, dagger poised in case of surprise, to her sleeping victim.

Mindful of her tail, she kept it raised so as to not brush against the cold stone floor and cause a stir, she grew even closer to him. Her green eyes scanning the soon to be battle ground, making sure no one saw her slick, fluid movements through the shadows.

She came up to him, his snores loud in her receptive ears, still crouching as far down as her legs permitted into the shadow the corner of the cave where the sleeping area happened to be. His hand twitched and his breathing faltered for a moment, her eyes growing wide with unease, then returned to normal as he fell into a dream. She lifted her dagger, looking up to make sure the other enemies were still where they ought to be, and positioned it across his throat as she hovered her furred hand over his open mouth. His breath was hot against her palm as she whispered almost inaudibly, "Sleep well..." and dragged the sharp, blood-thirsty blade through the soft flesh of his throat, clamping down over his mouth so the noise would be muffled as his eyes opened in a flash, fearful and shocked before she added, "Sleep forever..."

She glanced up again, her hand still over his mouth as the gurgles died away and his blood stained his pillow, before she released him, as she was sure he was now dead, and wiped her dagger on the leg of her clothes. She took a deep breath, her skin tingling from her first assassination and looked quickly over to the group of her companions and winked letting them know he was now somewhere in the planes of Oblivion. She glued her eyes back to the other bandits and placed herself flat against the wall of the cave, ever ready to lend her hand in the small battle that was about to erupt.

skyrimbeast

Ji'darro was now behind the leader and his target who were having a long chat about god-knows what. The khajiit looked up and saw that Sk'raazda had made her move and it was well excecuted. He nodded his head and thought " Khajiit...khajiit, we always know what we're doing" and then drawed his attention back at his target. He wondered if they will ever stop talking, but J'darro had to make his move soon so he looked up at the archer who was targeting the chief and winked, he said 3..2..1.. but no noise came out of his lips. Then, the thief khajiit grabbed his foe around the neck with his none weapon hand, dragged him back against the wall then stuck his fav weapon, the Ebony dagger through his targets upper back and it pierced straight through to his head. It all happened so quick, the chief was confused so it gave the archer a chance, but if the archer failed, Ji'darro was ready to jump out.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

The khajiit had executed his foe and Venator was not going to lose another kill. He let his arrow fly and felt the satisfaction as it ripped through him and sent his soul to the next life. A perfect kill, perfectly coordinated, but it should not be this easy. Where was the challenge? His satisfaction faded as he decided that this Hunt was just as disappointing as regular Hunts. How long would the perfect Hunt evade him? He lowered his bow in disappointment, and began to turn away, intending to wait for the other's at the entrance.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda frowned slightly, the eerie feeling still persisted to hang around her like a thick blanket of fog. She stood up, seeing no danger, but stopped and looked back at her victim. He appeared to be happily sleeping, the part that bothered her was how the skin of the dead was moving.

It was shimmering, she deduced, not moving like she had originally thought, but shimmering with dark energy! She took a few more steps, leaning over to inspect his face more clearly. That's when the eyes reopened and a hand grabbed her roughly around the neck. A gurgle escaped her as she tried to yelp for help. The reanimated face was still shifting, snarling at her as it rose from the hard cot still holding her by the throat.

"Puny Khajiit!" It spat at her still snarling and twisting its face into the most atrocious concoctions of expression. Horns grew out from the brown hair the bandit had had and black burned flesh appeared on its face. Long, jagged, yellow teeth erupted in its mouth, and the smell of nightshade and rot emitted as it breathed into her wide eyed face.

"Daedra!" She struggled in a gasp as the lord lifted her off the floor and slammed her against the wall with a loud crash! She slumped to the floor, still conscious but scared out of her mind. She used every ounce of her might, what was left, and attempted to scuttle away from it, trying so hard to get her breath back to warn the others. What do I do?! she thought to herself in a panic remembering Ji'Darro across the room.

Surprisingly the lord vanished, whipsing dark embers as he left the spot in front of her. She sat in shock until she could gather her wits. She stood up uneasily, running to the others to tell them if they didn't already know.

"We have to go, it-" She cut herself off gasping for the air that was beginning to return to her bruised throat. "It-it was a d-daedra!" She stammered silently scolding herself for expressing her fear so openly to these new companions.

Andre rushed in to the room when he heard the sounds of Sk'Raazda gasping for air and struggling against something. All of a sudden, the mission had gone awry. Spear poised and ears perked he stood, waiting for a target to show itself to him, but none did. Instead he heard Sk'Raazda rasping something through her throat, "We have to go, it-" She paused for a moment, and Andre's insides tied themselves in knots,"It-it was a d-daedra!"

"A what!?" Andre had experienced many things in his life, but the evil that hung on the air in this place was overwhelming him. "Are you sure?" He ran to take Sk'Raazda by the arm and help her out of the mines, "We must go! Now!" He nodded urgently in the direction of Venator, who was the one man here he knew without doubt he could count on in this situation.

Why was this happening? Andre knew something would go wrong, and chastised himself for allowing these young adventurers to continue this journey. Why hadn't he trusted his gut?

skyrimbeast

Ji'Darro stood in pure shock, he had just witnessed a daedra vanish in thin air. "Did you.....Are you..........Am I.......... Ok let me get this straight, was that a daedra I just saw vanish in thin air? Also Sk'raazda, did I just here you struggling to breath? Ji'darro was astounded, he thought for a second that he had went insane and mentally mad but he had that small feeling inside of him that this was no illusion, this may have been real. He was scared by the thought of it, and he looked at the 2 others. Ji'darro heared that we had to go and he galloped quietly over to the bandit chief's chest and he took the transmute ore spell tome that he needed for his fellow thief, Delvin Mallory. He then sprant back to the gang and noticed that Sk'raazda had a big bruise on her throat. "Ohhh, that's got to hurt, come here fellow khajiit" He said as he opened his arms and gave Sk'raazda a gentle hug. "We have to get out there and extinguish Skyrim of all Daedra and Dremora and I swear an oath that I will not give up if my heart's still beating".

Brumon The Third

Battlemage from Cyrodiil
    Brumon couldn´t believe what he has heard, a daedra attacked Sk´raazda and vanished like smoke! Then, when he was with the group, outside of the mine, he heard about they getting out of there fast, he couldn´t think in another better idea, "Daedras in Skyrim? How this can be, is everything happening again?" he thought for himself, that could only mean one thing, but he wasn´t sure yet.