Private Oblivion Falls on Skyrim [OFS]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Andre didn't make it far into the trees before he was surprised by a voice behind him, " So old spearman, what is your name, and why are you shadowing those travellers?" He was caught off gaurd. Whoever this man was, he had the silent, hunter's footsteps of a Bosmer, but smelled like a Nord.

Andre turned and smiled at the curious newcomer, "I could ask you the same, friend. The name is Andre Lapointe, and why I am following them is my business and mine alone. I will let you have your secrets, if you allow me mine."

At this, he turned and continued walking the direction of Halted Stream Camp, "However, you can come with me if you like. You seem like a man I can trust, and I wouldn't mind the company."

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    The old man responded swiftly, much more swiftly than Venator had expected, hurrying to catch up he responded, " My name is Venator, and though I have no secrets, I will respect yours." This man thinks like I do, he knows it's better to have an ally, "Glad to have your spear for support, but we should try to get there ahead of the other group, after all they are after the bounty as well."

Sal the dragontamer

The best dragon-tamer there is!
    Faleon smiled back, took Sk'Razzda's hand and shook it firmly. He then said "So Sk'razzda where you headed?". Faleon already had a slight idea of where she might be headed but wanted her to confier it.

"I agree we should get moving." Andre felt glad to have a companion, he had been alone most of his life, and moments like this lifted his spirits. "However, I have no care for a bounty. So, if we are to get paid any sort of reward, I will gladly grant you my share, Venator."

Andre picked up his pace. He wanted to survey the bandit camp before the other group got there. He didn't want anyone to run in to any nasty surprises. The last thing he needed was innocent lives on his conscience.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

"That's just fine Andre, I'm in it for The Hunt, not the bounty." Venator liked this old man, no care for money but going anyways, though having to match his ever increasing pace was a bit annoying. "When we get there, I can cover you with my bow if you can keep their eyes off of me for a bit," Venator suggested, trying to establish a strategy.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda started walking again, the sun falling behind the mountains and the moons rising into the sky.
    "Sk'Raazda is headed towards Halted Stream Camp to spill the blood of the ones that have sinned and wronged others like I and my family have been wronged." She sighed inwardly, closing her eyes a little in memory of the distant past. She looked back up the road, a determined look splashing onto her face as she waited for Faleon's reaction. Absently, she laid a hand on the sword she had been given in anticipation.
    "What about you Faleon? Why are you traveling along my foot path with me?"

Andre chuckled at Venator's eagerness, "I can certainly cause a distraction if that is what you want. Perhaps I can sing them a diddy! Ho ho!!" They were nearly jogging now to make it to the bandit camp quickly, and Venator seemed to be breathing a bit more heavily.

"Perhaps we should take a short break," Andre suggested, "we are nearly there, and I'm sure the other group will take a while to get here on the beaten path." He could hear the pinging of a blacksmith's hammer on an anvil and one bandit drunkenly singing songs of his riches in the distance. And sure enough, Halted Stream Camp had recently come into sight through the trees up ahead.

Andre took a seat on a nearby tree stump and took out his flask of water. Offering it to Venator, he said, "So tell me about yourself friend. I find it curious that you are at least part Wood Elf and part Nord."

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator gladly accepted the water, though he remained standing," My mother was a Nord shopkeeper, my father a hunter from Valenwood. He fled in his youth for reasons he never told me. Though my mother loved him, she was just as biased as other Nords and was a bit ashamed of me. I was much closer to my father anyways, he taught me how to shoot, how to pad through the woods silently, which plants are poisonous and which are beneficial to healing." The memories brought back old feelings and sorrows for Venator, "He was killed by two drunk Nords shortly after I came of age, without him home was no longer home, and so I began The Hunt. My whole life has been dedicated to hunting the lands in his memory, and one day I hope to meet him in Hircine's hunting grounds, so we may hunt together in the afterlife."

Finding that he had revealed more than he had intended to, he stopped and asked, "What about you Andre? There aren't many spearman in Skyrim, and less blind ones. Though you hide it fairly well, you guide more by sound and smell, the way a wolf does."

skyrimbeast

Ji'darro heared two men getting closer and closer to him. 'what should I do' he thought to himself, 5 seconds later he was climbing higher up the tree so they wouldn't find him, he hoped anyway. Ji'darro's plan was to not get found and to sneak in half way through the battle and take what he needed so he hoped that none of them would notice him but he was lucky to have his thieves guild armor on as it was light so he has more chance not getting found. He was spying on them anyway so now he could even hear them.

Sal the dragontamer

Faleon looked at Sk'Razzda. He was walking fast to keep up with the khajitts natural grace and couldnt really think. When he gathered his thoughts he spoke"I am also going to kill some bandits, but not for the bounty, but because its my citizen duty." He looked down with a sad look on his face and thought to himself 'If dad was still here, i hope hed be proud'. He looked back up to see he had fallen behind and sprinted to catch-up

"Ho ho! You're the observative one aren't you? I like that." Andre was distracted for a second. He thought he heard something strange and out of place rustling in the trees, but brushed it off as a deer. He turned back to answer his companions question, "Well you see, I'm a bard by trade. But that's not the fate that is supposed to befall anyone bestowed with the name 'Lapointe.'"

Andre stood and stiffened a little as memories of his past came flooding back into his mind. He started to pace, "You see, in High Rock the Lapointes are the kind of warriors that lowly bards like me sing about; the stuff of legends, my friend! My father, and his father before that, and as far back in our family tree as anyone can remember, were skillful spear-fighters."

Feeling slightly uncomfortable, Andre paused. Thoughts of his father were not happy ones, and he wasn't sure he wanted to show Venator this weak side of him, but he continued regardless, "But me? Well little Andre, the first-born son who was supposed to carry the Lapointe name and spear into the history books, was born blind." Andre kicked the stump he had been sitting on earlier and then sat back on it, his shoulders low in defeat, "My father was ashamed of me. So, he did what any good father would do. He sent me off to the Bard's College in Solitude where nobody would have to know or think about me."

He turned his face toward the sky, allowing a ray of sun coming through the trees to warm his aged features, "But I began to notice that my training as a bard had given me almost inhuman hearing. I had heard stories of Khajiit monks who could fight while blindfolded using thier other senses to guide them. So, I became determined to train all of my senses."

With that, Andre knew he had said enough, "And that, my friend, is how you find me in this state today." He stood up, picking up his spear and sheild, "Shall we be on our way then? I'd like to get an idea of just how many bandits are in that camp."

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator was impressed by the man's story, learning to fight blind is no small task. He stood and responded,, "Of course Andre, just give me a moment," he said and then bent his knee to offer a prayer to his father. As always, the spirit of The Hunt swelled inside of him and he wanted nothing more than to kill his prey." "Alright, lead the way my friend." Knocking an arrow to his bow and falling into step behind Andre, Venator began to think about how to best use the camp's walls to his advantage."

Brumon The Third

Battlemage from Cyrodiil
    After seeing the blind spearman leaving to the woods, Brumon followed the other two. At some time, the Imperial stopped and stayed behind for a minute, Brumon could sense some sadness on him...then, when then Imperial looked back up, he got surprised that the others were far from him now, and ran to catch-up with them in a hurry.

While they were walking, Brumon smell three persons at the woods near them, "One of them is the blind Breton, the other, a Khajit, and the third...", he couldn´t finish the analyze on his mind...they had found their target, the "Halted Stream camp", a big camp surrounded by walls made of wood. He turned to the Khajit and the Imperial and asked "So, what´s our plan?".

Andre heard Venator kneel on the ground and say a short prayer. He wasn't much for praying himself, but Andre was always intrigued by the idea. The both of them made quick work of the rest of the distance between them and the camp. Night was beginning to fall now, and it seemed like a perfect time for a raid on these bandits.

"There, to the left, there is a small cliff overlooking the camp. We can set up there, and you will have a clear shot at any moving thing inside the walls." Andre turned and moved quietly to the cliff and perched himself on the grassy soil at the top.

Venator was close behind. Andre turned to him and said, "The camp is a bit too far away for me to tell, how many do you see in the camp friend?"

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Sk'Raazda was contemplating asking about this man's father, or at least comforting him, as it seemed a tender subject, but the Halted Stream Camp's fires were visible now. The muffled words of the laughing drunk bandits beginning to be audible to her tall Khajiit ears. She pointed to the camp, murmuring a soft, "Look" to Faleon as they grew nearer.
    "We should watch out for the others." She said plainly, not sure if they were friend of foe as of that moment. She just knew that they were all heading towards the same spot, and if one of them wasn't careful, they might mistake each other for the bandits.
    Preparing herself mentally for her first actual fight, she steeled herself for the coming bloodshed. Inside her head she whispered songs from Elsweyr, calming her racing thoughts. She blinked, looking over to Faleon, glad for the company in her first endeavor.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator looked out on the camp and quickly caught several movements, the guard on one tower stretching, the drunk stumbling around, sparks from the striking hammer of a blacksmith he couldn't see and the patrolling guard on the far wall. "I see four, not much room for others to hide either. One in a forge building in the center, a drunk wandering, never staying in the same spot, and two guards on the wall," Venator quickly muttered to his comrade. Contemplating the best target, he said, " I can get the closer guard without any notice but hitting the drunk or the other guard will raise the alarm, and I have no shot at the one in the building, so two shots before everything becomes chaos." Venator kept thinking to himself, "how the hell are we going to do this?" Turning he asked, "Any ideas for the drunk and the smith, Andre?" hoping the bard would have an answer.

Andre smiled widely, "I'm sure I can think of something." His ears caught the sound of boots on stone a distance away from the camp, "I think the other group is about to join us, my friend. We wouldn't want to take all the fun away from them, now would we?"

Andre sighed and breathed in the cool night air around him, "I have no desire to dirty my hands with blood this day Venator. I prefer not to fight. Perhaps we should wait for those young adventurers to draw the bandits' attention, and I will allow you to give that group cover from here. I will intervene if things get out of hand."

He thought for a moment that he heard something again, and he was almost certain that he and Venator were being watched by someone. Pausing for another moment, Andre thought of something, "Don't you think this camp is much too large to house only four bandits? There must be others hunting or pillaging in the surrounding area. We should be careful." He still had a bad feeling about the whole situation, but Andre had faith in his companion and hope for the young adventurers who were now without doubt in sight of the camp.

Sal the dragontamer

Faleom looked at the camp and then turned to Sk'Razzda "I think i can hit that sentry thats streching with my bow, but im not sure. What do you think?". Although he was trusty with the bow he carved himself from a large yew tree, he had never really beleived in himself and wanted someone elses opinion.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Venator had ceased to listen, let the old man choose to not fight."I'm taking the first shot, at least to even the odds for the others," and with that he drew back the string of his elven made bow that his father had carried until his death. Taking aim at the patrolling guard who had just walked into a shadowed area and let loose his shot. The satisfaction of watching the bandit crumble to the ground lifeless brought a smile to his face. With that Venator sat on a rock next to Andre, "There, I got my kill, the others can have their fight." Smiling, but knowing that these things are rarely that simple.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    She nodded beginning to sneak up through the shadows, her legs crouched comfortably underneath her as she crept forward. She got close to the entrance, not willing to stick her face around to look. She turned her eyes towards Faleon and motioned for him to shoot when she heard a soft thud and the enraged voices coming from within. She drew her sword quietly, keeping it at the ready as she waited for the bandits to get close to the entrance.