Most Annoying Line in ES History

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WoodElf15

I hate when they say "Whoa, Careful with those flames" when your using frost.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!

Wildroses

Something a bit different from me. The two lines in Skyrim which annoyed me the most were one-offs I'll never hear again, thank goodness. They were both from doing Vekel the Man's quest to fetch the necromancer Arondil's journals. I'm not sure which disturbed me more, the disturbed mind which chronicled his embrace of necrophilia, or the disturbed mind paying a fortune to read about his perversions.

Anyway, I'd been reading the journals as I went. I reached the throne room. Arondil spotted my female dark elf. In this delighted tone he cried:

"Ah! Another plaything for my collection."

I'm not sure 'annoyed' quite covers the shock and rage I felt when he said that. It hadn't occured to me that he might find my PC attractive because she wasn't a milkmaid. After I killed him, I went to YouTube to confirm that Arondil says something totally different if the PC is male and isn't pleased to see him. That was when I vowed that every single character I make will kill Arondil.

But it got worse. I went back to the Thieves Guild gave the journal's to Vekel the Man. I don't remember the exact line, but Vekel trolled me big time. He gave this line about how he was going to give me something he'd obtained legally as payment for finding Arondil's journals, then gave me nothing at all.

I can only conclude Vekel of the Thieves Guild was unable to obtain anything legally. Stupid Thieves Guild and their verbal loopholes! I can't believe I let myself be looked over by a necrophiliac who decided I would be a suitable plaything for his collection for absolutely nothing!

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
"Sorry lass, but I've got more important things to do..."

I wasn't even trying to talk to you you oaf.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Every line Hermaeus Mora says. "IIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMM SSSSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW"

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
"Do come baaaaack..."

"Hey! I'm on your side!"

"I was sure I heard something..."

Another one that gets under my skin is when you attempt to buy something from an old lady and she says, "Take a look..." It almost reminds me of a mix between Gollum and my grandma, and that's effing terrifying.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
What is the music of life, I hate how those doors talk

Ditto... I had to turn the sound way down because the whisper had a shard of glass attached to it.

AS88

Staff member
There is also
"No time to talk , snitch or duble-cross me and I'll kill you!"
I MEEAAANNN ITT

Niranye - Some may call this junk... MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I call them TTRRREASSUUREESS

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
'Mournhold; city of LIGHT! city of MAGIC!'

'Mournhold; city of LIGHT! city of MAGIC!'

'Mournhold; city of LIGHT! city - Mournhold; city of LIGHT! city of MAGIC!'

from the Royal Guards in, where else, but MOURNHOLD, CITY OF LIGHT CITY OF -

make it stop make it stop make it stop

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
I'd like to add, most things Marcurio says. My personal favourite would be anytime he loudly exclaims "Try not to walk into any spike-filled pits or filthy skeever dens."

He then will follow up this snarky comment by setting off every. single. trap. Last tiem I just left him to die after I'd had enough of his irritating commentary. "This would be interesting if I wasn't already an expert of ancient nordic tombs".

At first I thought it was sassy. Now it's just annoying.

AS88

Staff member
I'd like to add, most things Marcurio says. My personal favourite would be anytime he loudly exclaims "Try not to walk into any spike-filled pits or filthy skeever dens."

He then will follow up this snarky comment by setting off every. single. trap. Last tiem I just left him to die after I'd had enough of his irritating commentary. "This would be interesting if I wasn't already an expert of ancient nordic tombs".

At first I thought it was sassy. Now it's just annoying.

"If these ruins frighten you, take comfort in the knowledge that I am here"

Safe to say I took this poorly after I'd just reloaded 3 times to stop his ass getting killed by Falmer.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
"If these ruins frighten you, take comfort in the knowledge that I am here"

Safe to say I took this poorly after I'd just reloaded 3 times to stop his ass getting killed by Falmer.

Agreed. Considering I spend the majority of my time trying to save his life that comment tends to just irk me even more.

UndeadDollface

Professional Corpse
"Seen any...ELVES?! Hahahaaahaha"

Nord brains must turn sour when they leave Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts