Journal of a Redguard Warrior - Cyrus

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
30th of Heartfire, 4E 201

This morning I decided to meet this mysterious man at the Shrine of Talos.

His name was Eltrys, but he stood in the shadows and I couldn't see his face. He said he started investigating the Forsworn murders years ago, but got nowhere. He offered to pay for information regarding last night's attack, but I won't do any investigating right away; I have to get back to Fort Dawnguard. Tomorrow I arrive by carriage at Riften.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
1st of Frostfall, 4E 201

I arrived at Fort Dawnguard this morning to find that Isran really upped the fighting force and defenses of the castle. There were wooden walls, with guards posted by the gate in full Dawnguard garb. I walked past, feeling more confident now about our chance against the vampires.

I entered to find Gunmar and Soraine standing just past the door, gates to the rest of the fort up. Isran stood on the balcony and some sort of odd magical light began to rise from the pools of water beneath the grated floor. We were being screened, to assure we were not vampires. Unsurprisingly, we passed.

Gunmar immediately got to work at the forge, and he gave me a set of heavy Dawnguard armor and light gauntlets and boots, but I exchanged these for heavy gauntlets and boots, as well as some light Dawnguard armor. I also bought a Dawnguard shield, which is enchanted to inflict more damage whenever I bash a vampire, and a helmet which reduces the effect of vampire attacks and spells when I am wearing a full set of Dawnguard armor. These set me back a hefty amount of coin, but I'm sure they'll prove useful.

When I was done talking with Gunmar, Isran asked me to see what my friend was doing back. Puzzled, I followed him upstairs.

I walked to a torture room and was shocked to see Serana had returned. She had seemed different, but I never expected her to come back. She said her father wanted her Elder Scroll so that he could fulfill a prophecy that says the vampires will be freed from "the Tyranny of the Sun". She came back to Fort Dawnguard because Harkon cared nothing for her, only about the prophecy and the Elder Scroll on her back. Isran said he would allow her to stay so long as she did not attack any Dawnguard members.

Serana then said that to read an Elder Scroll, a Moth Priest would be necessary. She would set off with me to find one, but only if we went alone. This meant I would have to send Uthgerd home to Whiterun, which was slightly disappointing, but unless she were to join the Dawnguard, it wasn't her fight anyway.

So Serana and I set off. On the walk down to the exit from the fort compound, she said that we could either go to the College of Winterhold or around to various inns to find a Moth Priest. I opted to avoid the mages and just search Skyrim.

As soon as we walked out onto the road, a group of three or four powerful vampires attacked us. At first I thought we could hold our own, but soon I saw their numbers were just too much for us, and we escaped to Riften.

As we walked into the Bee and Barb, I realized we already had a chance at finding a Moth Priest. I purchased Serana and I a meal and a room, then asked if Keerava the innkeeper had seen a Moth Priest. Sadly, she said no.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
2nd of Frostfall, 4E 201

It's only afternoon, and we've already made a breakthrough! I spoke with the carriage driver outside Riften, and he said he saw a Moth Priest. The man tried to get a ride to Dragon Bridge, but that wasn't a carriage stop. Serana and I are taking the carriage to Solitude, and from there we'll make our way to Dragon Bridge. Hopefully the monk will still be there.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
3rd of Frostfall, 4E 201

When Serana and I arrived outside Solitude this morning, I was struck by the city's beauty as the sun just began to rise over the Blue Palace. Serana complained of how bright the sun was, but it was hard to see how even a vampire could complain of a sunrise like that.

546423_430038827033969_1442767922_n.jpg

However, we did need to get to Dragon Bridge soon, so I hopped on Sentinel and we set off down the road. We reached the town shortly, and I asked the innkeeper if she had seen the monk. She knew nothing however, so I went outside and asked a man chopping wood. He directed me to a guard, who did see the Moth Priest go south across the Dragon Bridge.

We continued south, until we came across an overturned cart, with a few corpses strewn about. A note on a dead vampire suggested the Moth Priest was being held in a cave called Forbears' Holdout. I knew we had to be quick, otherwise the vampires might break his will, or worse.

It turned out the cave was just up the road, marked outside by an odd circle of standing stones. Inside was the same vampire architecture I had seen back in Dimhollow. A set of stairs came down to a bridge across a underground stream to a strange-looking fort. At the foot of the stairs were two menacing Death Hounds.

I gulped down a potion of cold resistance, and then Serana and I charged down on the beasts. Slash after slash came up against the undead dogs' cold flesh, until finally the monsters were dead once and for all. The two vampire thralls guarding the fort slung arrow after arrow at us, and I blocked those that I could as we moved in. Within the walls of the structure, however, we found four angry vampires. Serana and I put up the best fight we could, but the fiends proved too much. My consciousness slipped away, and the next thing I knew, here I was in the Four Shields Inn.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
10th of Frostfall, 4E 201

I've decided that the Dawnguard will have to wait a few days. I hate to put off my objective, especially one as important as this, but I know that if I walk back in that cave again after this week spent recuperating, I know I'll be right back here. Besides that, my food and care at the Four Shields Inn have left me without a single Septim to my name. I'll have to take up odd jobs for now.

I set out to start with Ahtar's request that I kill the leader of the bandits holed up in Broken Oar Grotto, but when I walked out of the inn to mount Sentinel, I was met by a courier. He said he had a letter from the Jarl's steward, handed me the letter, and walked off. I opened it and saw that because of my service to Falkreath hold, I was considered a worthy owner of some undeveloped land in Falkreath. I remember wanting to settle down in Falkreath if I couldn't get back to Hammerfell, and this certainly renewed the prospect. The problem remains, however, that I have not a single coin. So off to Broken Oar Grotto I went.

At least, off to Broken Oar Grotto I would've gone, had one of the guards not seen fit to jail me for putting but a small scratch on him in the midst of a battle to defend the populace of Dragon Bridge from a couple of damned vampires! I guess all I can do is serve my time and then get on with my work.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
11th of Frostfall, 4E 201
Released and ready to make some coin, I strode out of Castle Dour and out the Solitude Gates. To my dismay, Serana hadn't brought Sentinel with her to the city. So we walked back down the road to Dragon Bridge. I saw a guard standing near Sentinel, and when I looked his way, he told me that if I wanted a fight, this time he was prepared. Bastard must be drunk on power.
After picking up Sentinel I rode up the mountain, where the road to Solitude splits and one fork goes up. A thief accosted me and demanded my valuables, but there was no chance in Oblivion he would be getting them. Serana and I made short work of the Khajiit scoundrel, and his Elven armor should surely bring a nice price back in Solitude.

We kept moving until we came to the other side of the mountain, then followed the coastline until we reached the grotto. There were multiple boats and a lit campfire outside. The bandits were surely here.

Inside was a surprisingly large system of docks and bridges, housing a couple of pirate ships. Two or three ships still floated, but the remains of others could be seen poking up from the water. Two bandits stood above us conversing, and I interrupted their conversation with a crossbow bolt. This only served to get their attention though, and we were forced to go blade to blade with them.

Further in was a lone brigand, guarding a folding bridge. I trained my crossbow on him, and this time the shot found its mark. I pulled the lever and went down the steps on the other side, but they only led to the water. However, I was pleased to find a chest with about 50 Septims inside. Back across the bridge I found the pirates' main ship, which was being attended to by a number of bandits. I knew the leader must by on that ship. But how to get on...
I observed for a moment, trying to find a way to board unseen, then it came to me. Over the deck of the ship, where a few pirates were sitting, was a clay pot fire trap, filled with a flammable liquid and suspended over a candle. I drew my crossbow, took a breath, and let a bolt fly. As the crew on the deck writhed in agony and the other members elswhere looked for the source of the noise, I jumped down onto the structure around the ship.

I then saw a bandit, engulfed in flames, cross the walkway where I stood. I trained another bolt on him, and it struck him dead in the back. Serana had decided she should find another way on the boat, so I decided I should wait for her to sneak on, and for the chaos to die down. By the time she had reached me, she had taken a couple of bandits, but we were discovered and I saw three angry Nords with greatswords and warhammers rushing toward us. I quickly gulped down a bottle of Sleeping Tree Sap for its health benefits, but was surprised when my vision went purple! I felt dizzy, and I was seeing double, but I had to fight on. Luckily Serana was able to back me up in my inebriated state, and soon we had cleared the ship all the way up to the captain's quarters. When there was no captain, we looked down and saw that he was trying to make an escape in the boat near where I had embarked upon the ship. He would have no such luck.

The walk back out of the cave was relatively calm, and soon we were back out into the dim, cold night. A few hours of trudging, and we were back in Solitude. Tomorrow I'll speak with Ahtar and sell off some of the junk from today's exploits.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
12th of Frostfall, 4E 201

I awoke today feeling sick, so I decided I would visit the Temple of the Divines. I may still hold to the Yoku gods, but a divine is a divine, and there are no shrines to the Yoku gods here. I prayed to Akatosh and Stendarr, the two divines associated with battle. That is the only way for me to make my living.

As I walked down to the market, I heard a voice behind me whisper a threat, and I turned to see a vampire mage conjuring up a gargoyle! A guard rushed into the comotion, and soon the gargoyle was gone, but the mage was still casting his blood magic. Luckily, some townspeople helped me bring the villain down to a knee, and I finished him with my crossbow. A guard approached me with a bounty of 40 Septims for accidentally hitting a citizen with my crossbow. I paid the fine and went on a circuit of the shops, eventually walking away with a much lighter pack, and a coin purse over a thousand gold pieces heavier. I them went in search of Ahtar. I scoured both the streets and Castle Dour, but the headsman was nowhere to be found. Finally, I learned that he often stays at Jala's house. To my dismay, however, the home was locked. I waited a few hours near the home, but Ahtar never emerged. So I deigned that the bounty could wait and I decided I would take a carriage to Whiterun, where I might earn a bit more coin, then head to Falkreath to inquire about the property. I've just boarded the carriage, and I hope to Sakatal the driver stops singing his Nordic folk songs soon, or this could be a long ride.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
13th of Frostfall, 4E 201
I arrived in Whiterun early this morning, so I rented a room at the Bannered Mare to rest up for a few hours. When the rest of the city was awake I went downstairs to eat a breakfast and say hello to Uthgerd, then I went out in search of work. Hulda hadn't any contracts from the Jarl, so I spoke with a number of residents. Unfortunately, none of them wanted any help beyond chopping wood or smithing a dagger.

So Serana and I set out down the road for Falkreath. We followed the base of the mountain, then went south along the road by the lake. We followed the road until I reached a mill and was able to find our location on my map. From the mill we ventured southwest, and after an hour or two of trekking, we reached the settlement. I walked into the Jarl's Longhouse and was immediately greeted by an unfamiliar face. She was a Redguard like me, and pretty at that, with a set of Nordic steel armor, as well as a hood like the Alik'r Warriors wear, and a scimitar that reminded me of the one my father carried. He always said its curves made it a more graceful and deadly weapon.

She said she was Rayya, my new housecarl. I could tell by her slight accent she was a native of Hammerfell, and I began looking forward to having a companion from my homeland. I asked what a housecarl does, and she said she is to be the guardian of myself and my belongings, because of my title of Thane. I decided that since I had put aside the vampires in Forbears' Holdout for the time being, Serana could return to Fort Dawnguard and I would travel with Rayya for now. I also spoke with Nenya, the steward, about the land for sale. She said it was undeveloped, well-watered, and had a great view. I asked the price, and she said she could take 5000 Septims. I was running low on coin anyways, so I had to decline. Hopefully the property isn't bought by the time I have 5000 Septims. And I knew that a prime piece of land like that could sell quickly.

So Rayya and I out to sell some equipment I had found and then look for work. I visited the blacksmith, and he asked me if I had seen a dog outside of town on the road. I had not, so the man asked if I could maybe attract it with some meat so he could catch it for a pet. He offered a few hundred gold, so I accepted his task.
No more than 200 yards out of Falkreath did I find the dog. I ran up to it, and to my surprise... It spoke.

The strange hound said his name was Barbas, and he needed my help. I was astonished, and it took me a moment to get past the 'talking dog' aspect and onto Barbas's need. I said I was busy, which is true, but the dog offered a sarcastic retort and a location to meet him: Haemar's Shame. I needed a drink after that experience, but I kept the location in mind.
So I sat in the Dead Man's Drink, mulling over the proposition. On the one hand, the possibility of, well, whatever a talking dog can offer for my help; on the other, the possibility of what a talking dog might need help with. I needed whatever coin might be in the job badly, so after dinner we set out down the road.

As we walked, I saw spears of ice shooting up and over a wooden bridge spanning the road. I ran to see what the commotion was, but as it happened, it was only Serana fighting a frostbite spider. However, I had failed to notice the two bandits standing on either side of the wooden bridge. Luckily, they posed no real threat, as they had only wooden bows and were shirtless in their fur armor.

Further along the road, we came to Helgen. This time, I had the chance to take in the destruction, but only for a moment, because I saw three bandits coming up on us. The brigands were light fare, but soon we detected more. Rayya went to fight a couple of bandits over one of the walls, and I continued toward the place where the Stormcloaks held their counter-attack.No sooner than I found the spot did a couple of bandits with large two-handed weapons charge me, followed by a mage. I fought as hard as I could, but the sheer numbers overwhelmed me. I quickly thought to duck inside the keep. Near death, I managed to use my adrenaline rush ability to muster the stamina to sprint to the big, thick door, pull it open, and then wedge it closed. I was safe, but I had lost track of Rayya in battle, and she hadn't seen me enter. But if I went back out there, I would surely be blasted and torn to pieces. I would have to find another way out.

Inside the fort, I fought my way through a few weak bandits, until I came to a underground stream, skirted by stone walls. There were three bandits visible on the other side of the cavern, and a chest in the middle. I decided to go for the chest. I downed a potion of invisibility and inched my way to a pillar no more than five feet away from the chest. I could almost feel the latch on the lid... And then the bandits saw as the potion wore off. They all swarmed me at once, their blades like a flurry of angry bees. I blocked, and sliced, and blocked, but they were too much. So I ran back to the room I was in when I entered to regain my strength. A couple of hours later, I was ready to return. I came this time with a plan. I would kill one of the bandits with a poisoned arrow from across the room, then I would set to work on only one of the bandits, keeping the other back and at bay. This is not how it all happened, I'm afraid.

My poisoned arrow sailed just above the bandit it was trained on, alerting her to my presence. I saw the three fiends draw their weapons and begin to walk towards me, so I sent another arrow sailing toward the bandit, and I hit her in the stomach, which did slow her down. I pulled my sword from its sheath and threw my shiel up to meet the mace of a bandit. I bashed the villains back and moved to the other side of the room, nearing the exit. The bandit I had shot had fallen dead by now, and two more remained. My health was dwindling so I jumped down to the chest by the stream, threw it open, and pulled out a coin purse as I ran for my life out the exit, leaving the bandits behind.

Through the tunnel from the chamber with the chest in the middle, I came out into a large cavern, covered in cobwebs. In the center was Rayya, battling about six frostbite spiders! She had fought valiantly before I entered, as two spiders lay dead to the side of the skirmish, but she dropped to a knee as the swarm of oversized arachnids it at her. I knew she was in trouble, so I rushed in and threw two of the spiders off her, slashing at the bunch and helping Rayya to regain her footing. Soon the spiders were dead, and we were on our way down the road to Riverwood through the frigid rain and night air. Both Rayya and I were exhausted and soaking, and I tried to distract us from that by talking about home. I asked about where she grew up in Hammerfell, what she knew of the current politics, memories, anything to return to the warm night breeze off the Illiac Bay in Sentinel. I spoke of Rayya's scimitar, how my father's similar blade from his childhood was given to him by my grandfather. By the time we were inside the Sleeping Giant Inn, we were no longer in Skyrim, but back in the warmth of Hammerfell.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
14th of Frostfall, 4E 201

We've experienced a setback. This morning started well enough. Rayya and I enjoyed a hearty breakfast, and as we left she told me she wanted me to have one of her scimitars, after what I said about my father last night. I was a bit taken aback by her kindness, but we had to get moving. Haemar's Shame was on the other side of the mountains near Riverwood, so we set off up the path from the east side of town over the rocky hills at the base of the mountain. It was a beautiful morning, and the cool fog had a mystical quality about it. Not too far up the path, however, we found trouble. Rather, trouble found us.

A party of Thalmor agents sprung onto the road in front of us, two of the elves swinging maces our way, and a third spraying powerful thunderbolts at us. I felt the two maces bludgeon against my flesh, then the pain was overcome by a stinging from the lightning magic of the wizard. I tried to fight back, but I felt myself losing control of my motor functions, my consciousness slipping... Rayya is probably the only reason why I'm alive in the Sleeping Giant now, rather than dead in the snow or languishing in a Thalmor dungeon.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
21st of Frostfall, 4E 201
Healed and rejuvenated, Rayya and I set off back up the mountain road. It was a warm, sunny day, and it felt good to be back outside. As we followed the path, we soon came near the spot the Thalmor had beaten me at. There were no Thalmor this time, but three nasty vampires attacked us. The first one was relatively week and fell quickly, but the others were quite powerful. As I hacked and slashed at them, I could feel my life slipping. So I dashed behind a large tree stump to recover. I had no health potions, so I waited a moment, then as I began to regain my strength, I peeked out to send a few arrows toward the vampires while Rayya held them back. Soon, I moved back out from the cover of foliage and charged with my sword out.

Another vampire fell to our blades, leaving just the one standing. She was casting her foul magic at me until she began to run low on magicka, and this is when I struck. I rushed at her with a flurry of slashes from my scimitar, then knocked her back with my shield. While she tried to regain her footing, I moved behind her and skewered my sword through her back.

I limped over to a tree and slid down to sit at the base of the trunk. Those vampires had taken a toll on me, and I thought I might have caught Sanguinare Vampiris. Rayya and I both thought it best if I rested an hour or so and then got me a cure disease potion in one of the cities, so I regained my strength and then we set off again.

As we neared Haemar's Shame, we came across a cart stopped in front of a fallen tree. As we approached, five or six bandits jumped from the bushes next to the road. I glanced and noticed the cart's occupants were dead. The bandits looked tough, but after under half an hour of fighting, we saw that the only advantage the bandits had had over the dead caravan had been numbers. We trekked on, and soon we found Barbas.

We followed him inside, and he proved surprisingly effective against the vampires we found inside. Perhaps that is what comes with being a Daedric dog. We cleared through the cave surprisingly quickly, and soon we reached the shrine of Clavicus Vile. It was a stone statue of a man holding a horned mask of some sort. At the foot of the statue were various offerings, among which I spotted a child's doll. I picked it up and thought how odd that was. Then the shrine spoke.

Clavicus Vile, communicating through the shrine, asked what my wish was. I asked that he take Barbas back, to which he sharply declined. However he said if I were to bring a weapon called the Rueful Axe from a cave known as Rimerock Burrow, he might take back his companion. So we headed out on the road to Ivarstead. The sky had grown dark while we were in the cave, so when we spotted an abandoned shack, that was where we decided to spend the night. From what I understand, Rimerock Burrow is in Haafingar hold, so we'll have to take a carriage to Solitude once we reach Riften.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
22nd of Frostfall, 4E 201

After sleeping in a shack on the road to Ivarstead, I walked the rest of the way to the little town. Rayya and I had a light breakfast, and I gave Barbas a hunk of raw meat. We then set off downriver to Riften. Along the road, a troll leapt from a small rock shelter onto the path ahead of us, and we sprung into action. Rayya shot arrow after arrow into the beast, and I slashed at him until he fell. My swordsmanship has been improving since I was thrust into this land, and I shall be glad when I can show my increase in skill to my father when I make it home someday.

As we walked, a woman in full Dwemer armor ran up to our party and began spraying us with fiery destruction magic. Our group took down the crazed woman with relative ease, and upon inspection she appeared to be a Breton. She had little of value, except, quite surprisingly, a golden necklace, encrusted with diamonds. I could see that maybe we would be able to return to Falkreath with enough coin to buy that property.

As we continued along the road, we encountered a skooma merchant, a few packs of wolves, and a bear, until we came to a Dwarven ruin apparantly known as Mzulft. I pondered entering, then considered we needed to keep moving if we wanted to reach Riften soon. So I decided to cross the line of hills above the ruin and keep moving. On the other side was a Legion camp, and the presence of a quartermaster made me reconsider entering the ruin. So I decided to enter the small Dwemer armory building outside the actual ruins and see what there was to be found.

Inside, there was a gate directly inside, and to the right of that was a door. I tried the gate's lock, and it appeared to complex for me to open, so I looked at the door on the right. Its lock proved easy enough to pry open, and the door I found behind that door similarly weak. Behind this second door was the armory that the gate protected, with stacks of ingots made of the strange Dwemer metal, an enchanted battleaxe, and a mysterious crystal shard, looking as if it belonged on a crest or something similar.

Outside, I sold the loot from the armory, as well as some furs and hide armor I had picked up earlier, and then I moved along. As I walked south, I came across a strange door, built directly into the side of a mountain. It looked similar to those I had seen on other Nordic temples, so I considered exploring. The door wouldn't budge and the lock would only open with the proper key. So I walked on.

I followed a path onto the road, and soon I came to Shor's Stone. I was close to Riften. And as a beautiful sunset began to paint the sky, we arrived. We walked into the Bee and Barb and enjoyed a nice dinner of lamb, cheese, and bread, and finished it with a couple of Talen-Jai's White-Gold Towers. As we talked and filled our bellies, my eyes went awash with red. Sanguinare Vampiris! I rushed out of the inn, down to the lower walkway of the canal, and into the apothecary's shop. I bought a potion to cure my disease, gulped it down, and returned to the Bee and Barb. Tomorrow we're headed for Fort Dawnguard to see what's developed in the others' fight against the Vampire Menace, then we'll take the carriage to Solitude.

This is a fun read, but it feels more like a story and less like a diary. That's what makes it unique though, so have fun with this.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
This is a fun read, but it feels more like a story and less like a diary. That's what makes it unique though, so have fun with this.

Glad you like it, I think the story-like aspect comes partly from the fact that I purposefully try to have my character change throughout the game, but also from my writing style.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
23rd of Frostfall, 4E 201

This morning, on my way out of the Bee and Barb, a man asked me if I was looking for work. Since I was indeed looking for work, I asked who the fellow was and what he needed. His name was Louis Letrush, he said, and he needed me to deliver a message to Sibbi Black-Briar. He had tried to buy a horse called Frost from Sibbi, and had paid him half of Frost's value up front, but then Maven Black-Briar had Sibbi jailed before Louis could take delivery of Frost. Sibbi believed his imprisonment made him not responsible for the payment. I was to tell him otherwise.

I made my way out of the tavern and to Riften Jail. As I began to walk down into the prisoners' area, the jailor stopped me and told me the commom rabble were not allowed. Unsure what to do, I tried to act as though I had the authority to be there, and Sakatal be thanked, the man believed it!

Among the jail cells I found Sibbi's, furnished nicely. The man himself was clothed in a fine garment and wore a golden ring on his finger. I approached him, and he snapped, sarcastically asking if I was there to gawk. I told him Louis wanted his horse, and Sibbi said Frost technically belonged to his mother Maven's estate. I would have to steal the horse and lineage papers from the Black-Briars' lodge, near the Morrowind border. Sibbi showed me where the lodge was on my map and gave me a key to the door. So I set off from the city, down the same road that passes Dayspring Canyon and Fort Dawnguard. I had passed it before, so I had an idea of where it would be.

Rayya and I walked for about half an hour, with Barbas still in tow, until we reached the lodge. Out in front were two mercenaries, clad in steel plate cuirasses and fur gauntlets and boots. One of the sellswords lunged at me with his iron greatsword, and I sidestepped him, slicing across the back of his neck with my own blade and sending his limp body rolling down the hill on which the lodge was perched. The second mercenary proved just as easy to best, with her sending a few arrows at me, which glanced off my shield harmlessly. She soon lay dead next to Frost.

Inside, we found four more sellswords, who were all fairly easy to kill, except for one particular Khajiit with an iron greatsword. He swung at me in a long, sweeping path, but I jumped out of the blade's way, delivering a swift slice across the Khajiit's leg, iliciting a howl of fury. He raised the claymore over his head, set to bring it down on me, but I ducked behind a wooden stilt, which the greatsword drove itself into. By the time the mercenary had yanked out his sword, my blade was in his chest.

Downstairs, I found Frost's lineage papers, and we made our way outside. I hopped on Frost and rode around the lodge. Sure enough, I found Louis waiting. He paid me 800 Septims and we went on our way to Fort Dawnguard.

When we reached the fort, I spoke with Gunmar. I sold him some of the things I had picked up in my travels, and as we made conversation, he mentioned Haemar's Shame. Apparantly word spread quickly of the cult of vampires being slain, and he told me one of the vampires was a master vampire. He offered me an enchanted Orcish sword, but I exchanged it for a couple hundred Septims. Soraine bought a few more things from me, including the golden necklace set with diamonds we had found. In parting, she said the Dawnguard was going to need help if we were to stop the Vampire Menace. So she sent me after a Priest of Arkay who might be of use, Florentius. She said Isran might know where to find him.

Isran seemed quite against the idea of bringing Florentius on, but he told me that the priest might be somewhere around the Rift. I'll look for him some time later, but not now.

I noticed an interesting book in the fort, called The Aetherium Wars. According to the book, the Dwemer once found a magical type of crystal called Aetherium and built a special forge to use it to craft powerful items, coming straight out of the forge with strong enchantments. The Dwemer fought over the forge, bringing their civilization to an end. It would seem that the odd crystal shard I found in that Dwarven ruin days ago may be Aetherium. I'll have to search for this forge in the future perhaps.

As we walked out of Dayspring Canyon, Rayya noticed that I was wearing an Amulet of Mara. She told me she had secretly been interested in me since we met. I replied that I had taken an interest in her as well. So it was settled on the road to Riften.

In town, we visited the Temple of Mara and set the wedding for tomorrow. Then we celebrated over dinner and a bottle of fine wine. I've got to rest now, for tomorrow.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
24th of Frostfall, 4E 201

We are married! The ceremony took place early this morning, and now we're headed for Falkreath by cart. We'll stay at the Dead Man's Drink when we get there, and tomorrow we'll buy and visit the property.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
25th of Frostfall, 4E 201
This morning, Rayya and I set off to find some things to sell for the last few hundred Septims we needed to buy the property outside Falkreath. I thought it best that we should revisit a cleared ruin or fort, and carry off what was left inside. I searched my map for something nearby and my eyes came to Cracked Tusk Keep. So we set off up the road to the old fort.
We soon came to the keep, and began searching inside for anything of value. Rayya tied a couple swords on her pack, and I found a set of banded iron armor to carry back. We made our way back to Falkreath and sold off the gear, which gave us just enough coin for the plot of land. I spoke with the steward and soon, we were the proud owners of the title to the land. The steward told us it was on the south side of the lake shore.
We rode north to the lake, and followed the shore east until we found where a small path led off the road. We came to the plot, which had a drafting table, a workbench, an anvil, and a chest full of building materials. I took the supplies and set to work, first drafting a design, then building everything for the house to be made of. As the sun began to set, the house was finished, but not yet furnished, so we decided that Rayya and I would stay the night in the Dead Man's Drink.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
26th of Frostfall, 4E 201
Today I furnished our home. After hunting and scavenging for a few hundred Septims to buy supplies with, because all our gold had been spent on the property itself, I rode to the Half-Moon Mill and bought some lumber. Then I headed to Falkreath, where I bought some materiels to outfit the house. I tanned some of the hide I had taken from one of the deer I had killed earlier, and then rode back to my property, where I crafted a bed, a table and some chairs, a few shelves and cabinets, and a firepit to cook over. Rayya was kind enough to cook me a nice homemade meal after I was done, and then we enjoyed our new bed together.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts