Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
That's right Ivory. Keep liking the Imperials posts. They need extra cheering and the encouragement after I've defeated them so many times.

No problem, I'll keep supporting my comrades. Just like you'll ignore every reply I've ever made to you good sir. ;)

Sir? How quaint of you :) I've never ignored your post, and even if i did it wasn't on purpose.

And go where? Ulfric does not care about them, they do not have the money combined to hire bodyguards to protect them. They leave, they die simple as that.

Face it, The Dunmer are a problem in Windhelm because made their situation what it is. He may not have put them there, but in inattentiveness to their situation makes it impossible for them to do anything.

Riften. Ulfric may not care for them but Maven does.

Again, they do not have enough money to go anywhere without death for all.

That's too bad and I meant that in an unapologetic way too..

Skyrim isn't a liberal fantasy type of world. Nothing is given to you., you have to earn it. I mean I've saved Whiterun from a god damn dragon and the Jarl had the audacity to charge me gold for my house, and charged me extra for decorations. This bastard rendered me poor because of his greed of coin, and I'm the fricken Dragonborn! I was given cheesy items for my reward, and the Housecarl that I got is annoying and stupid. I had to save her from her own stupidity because she went after a troll at such low level. I had to use the previously save game because she committed suicide by troll.

Raijin

No problem, I'll keep supporting my comrades. Just like you'll ignore every reply I've ever made to you good sir. ;)
Do elephants chase you frequently?

You mean mammoths :)
5754913_f520.jpg

LegateFasendil

Imperial Legate
That's right Ivory. Keep liking the Imperials posts. They need extra cheering and the encouragement after I've defeated them so many times.

Sir? How quaint of you :) I've never ignored your post, and even if i did it wasn't on purpose.

Skyrim isn't a liberal fantasy type of world. Nothing is given to you., you have to earn it. I mean I've saved Whiterun from a god damn dragon and the Jarl had the audacity to charge me gold for my house, and charged me extra for decorations. This bastard rendered me poor because of his greed of coin, and I'm the fricken Dragonborn! I was given cheesy items for my reward, and the Housecarl that I got is annoying and stupid. I had to save her from her own stupidity because she went after a troll at such low level. I had to use the previously save game because she committed suicide by troll.

Full stop. Check this out:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Houses_(Skyrim)

So you're mad about paying 5000 for the home and another 1600 to upgrade.

At Windhelm, you pay 8000 - 12000 for the home and 9000 to upgrade.

If you actually you know... "shop around" Whiterun is the LEAST EXPENSIVE place to live.

Breezehome Whiterun 5000 1600 After Bleak Falls Barrow from Proventus Avenicci or Brill
Hjerim Windhelm 8000-12000† 9000 Completing Blood on the Ice and Stormcloak or Imperial Army quest lines.
Honeyside Riften 5000-8000† 4300 Purchased from Anuriel.
Proudspire Manor Solitude 25000 11000 Completing The Man Who Cried Wolf and a miscellaneous quest named Elisif's Tribute for the Jarl.
Severin ManorDB Raven Rock Free Completion of the quest Served Cold.
Vlindrel Hall Markarth 8000 4100 Purchased from Raerek after completing a number of quests for the Jarl including the quest to Recover Hrolfdir's Shield.

Lydia is also pretty hot but that's just me. Generally speaking I find *most* of the trinkets Jarl B gives pretty useful, like Steel boots of Stamina or a Steel Cuirass of Health. Sometimes he'll give you something off the wall but not usually. Of course, I'm all Fast Cars and Heavy Armor over here. XD

Ivory

Let's Player
think nothing of it :p

Raijin, cheers for Skyrim where nothing if given to you for free. Given rank of thane after slaying a dragon and a hot bodyguard and complains when he's not given a house for free too.

Do elephants chase you frequently?

Wat

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
think nothing of it :p

Raijin, cheers for Skyrim where nothing if given to you for free. Given rank of thane after slaying a dragon and a hot bodyguard and complains when he's not given a house for free too.

Wat
Ivory? Eh? Eh?

Hehehe

Raijin

If you actually you know... "shop around" Whiterun is the LEAST EXPENSIVE place to live.

Breezehome Whiterun 5000 1600 After Bleak Falls Barrow from Proventus Avenicci or Brill
Hjerim Windhelm 8000-12000† 9000 Completing Blood on the Ice and Stormcloak or Imperial Army quest lines.
Proudspire Manor Solitude 25000 11000 Completing The Man Who Cried Wolf and a miscellaneous quest named Elisif's Tribute for the Jarl.
Vlindrel Hall Markarth 8000 4100 Purchased from Raerek after completing a number of quests for the Jarl including the quest to Recover Hrolfdir's Shield.

Lydia is also pretty hot but that's just me. Generally speaking I find *most* of the trinkets Jarl B gives pretty useful, like Steel boots of Stamina or a Steel Cuirass of Health. Sometimes he'll give you something off the wall but not usually. Of course, I'm all Fast Cars and Heavy Armor over here. XD

I'm mad that my reward for saving the city wasn't high enough. I was given lousy armor (I keep getting a piece of an Imperial armor). Instead of giving me lousy tokens why not give me the house and we'll call it even? Keep the housecarl thought. I don't need her to protect my house. In RP as a mage I could put rune spells all over my house so if any unwelcome visitor tries coming in my house when their not suppose to they would be killed by my spells.

Lydia might be hot, but Nord women seems to get hit with the ugly stick as they age.

And yes. Ulfric is a scumbag for charging me for my house after aiding him in victory. Same goes for Jarl Elisif. My services are highly valuable, and expensive. I'm not some common person whom you can cheat on.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
I'm mad that my reward for saving the city wasn't high enough. I was given lousy armor (I keep getting a piece of an Imperial armor). Instead of giving me lousy tokens why not give me the house and we'll call it even? Keep the housecarl thought. I don't need her to protect my house. In RP as a mage I could put rune spells all over my house so if any unwelcome visitor tries coming in my house when their not suppose to they would be killed by my spells.

Lydia might be hot, but Nord women seems to get hit with the ugly stick as they age.

And yes. Ulfric is a scumbag for charging me for my house after aiding him in victory. Same goes for Jarl Elisif. My services are highly valuable, and expensive. I'm not some common person whom you can cheat on.
You're the Dovahkiin. You should be swimming in cash, slaying all those dragons and selling their bones and scales.

When I hit around level 30 I just nicknamed Blood and Frost dragons moneybags, literally all they are.

Raijin

You're the Dovahkiin. You should be swimming in cash, slaying all those dragons and selling their bones and scales.

When I hit around level 30 I just nicknamed Blood and Frost dragons moneybags, literally all they are.

When I kill a dragon I tend to collect their skin and bones. I don't need a crummy piece of armor that the Jarl of whiterun gives me... I need a house right near the blacksmith. I also need a safe place to store my dragon bones and skin so the weight doesn't drag me down. That would've help a lot, and I would've been far more grateful for my reward.

Tyer032392

Well, you are lucky about the Jarls giving you use full things, as every time I play and get something for them, I have no need for. For example, playing as a mage, Balgruuf gave me steel armor, and while playing as a warrior, he gave me light armor when I was specializing in heavy armor. lol

J

Jeremius

What part of NO MONEY=NO SAFE TRAVEL do you not get? They do work, they pay taxes. They are not guests of Windhelm who can leave at any time for the Jarl NOT doing his DUTY to protect them. He focuses on the Civil War and if they leave, there is a high chance that they will get attacked and killed by bandits because every guard in every hold in the Stormcloak side is focused on fighting the Empire to do anything or corrupt (in the case of both Markarth and Riften). So even if they made it to Riften, they would likely not be able to get in because of that, making the whole trip pointless.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
What part of NO MONEY=NO SAFE TRAVEL do you not get? They do work, they pay taxes. They are not guests of Windhelm who can leave at any time for the Jarl NOT doing his DUTY to protect them. He focuses on the Civil War and if they leave, there is a high chance that they will get attacked and killed by bandits because every guard in every hold in the Stormcloak side is focused on fighting the Empire to do anything or corrupt (in the case of both Markarth and Riften). So even if they made it to Riften, they would likely not be able to get in because of that, making the whole trip pointless.
Then, honestly, too bad.

Skyrim is a harsh place, the Dunmer should know it. I imagine Morrowind isn't a luxurious land of opportunity and equality, either.

J

Jeremius

Then, honestly, too bad.

Skyrim is a harsh place, the Dunmer should know it. I imagine Morrowind isn't a luxurious land of opportunity and equality, either.
Ulfric does not even promise them anything. How can a man be trusted to think of all of Skyrim first when he does not even take care of the people in his hold first?

Jarl B would make a better High King than Ulfric.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
Ulfric does not even promise them anything. How can a man be trusted to think of all of Skyrim first when he does not even take care of the people in his hold first?

Now let me take a band of Nords from Windhelm, run into Mournhold, then sit in a slum, doing nothing, occasionally yelling that we're being discriminated against since we are not treated as royalty.

J

Jeremius

Now let me take a band of Nords from Windhelm, run into Mournhold, then sit in a slum, doing nothing, occasionally yelling that we're being discriminated against since we are not treated as royalty.

You should at least be treated fairly. Ulfric does nothing for them, and leaves them in their situation. No chance to fix it, no promise to do so, nothing.at.all.

And if you are not working and there are plenty of jobs around, you deserve discrimination, as being lazy. Not working because you have no jobs available outside of volunteer work for a race that treats you like second-class citizens is not "earning your place", but essentially forced servitude. Ulfric can at least offer the Dunmer a chance to improve their own lives, yet fails to do even that.

Vatonage

Joyeuse et Glorieuse
You should at least be treated fairly. Ulfric does nothing for them, and leaves them in their situation. No chance to fix it, no promise to do so, nothing.at.all.
In this situation, why not take the first step? Prove to the nords that you're valuable, and a great, worthwhile addition to the city? If a High Elf is treated with more respect than them (Arivyana, something like that) than doesn't that mean they are possibly doing it wrong?

I bet that if the Dunmer, say, found a Thalmor agent in Windhelm and reported it to the guards, they might get a little bit more respect and recognition. Or Maybe helping the Nords with farming or something. If they clearly see that they're in a "You help us, or get out" mentality, they're just hurting themselves by doing nothing.

Imagine, you're at war, with barely any resources that aren't going to the effort, and you suddenly have a bunch of foreigners dropped at your door, asking for your finest wine and cheeses right off the gate. Are you going to really be in a hospitable mood not only when they come out of nowhere, burdening you further, but then hardly work to help you, asking for you to help them?

The Dunmer are really going at this backwards. Really, I'm not sympathetic to most of them.

J

Jeremius

In this situation, why not take the first step? Prove to the nords that you're valuable, and a great, worthwhile addition to the city? If a High Elf is treated with more respect than them (Arivyana, something like that) than doesn't that mean they are possibly doing it wrong?

I bet that if the Dunmer, say, found a Thalmor agent in Windhelm and reported it to the guards, they might get a little bit more respect and recognition. Or Maybe helping the Nords with farming or something. If they clearly see that they're in a "You help us, or get out" mentality, they're just hurting themselves by doing nothing.

Imagine, you're at war, with barely any resources that aren't going to the effort, and you suddenly have a bunch of foreigners dropped at your door, asking for your finest wine and cheeses right off the gate. Are you going to really be in a hospitable mood not only when they come out of nowhere, burdening you further, but then hardly work to help you, asking for you to help them?

The Dunmer are really going at this backwards. Really, I'm not sympathetic to most of them.

How can you prove anything IF NOT given a chance? How can the Dunmer work (if they are not) without jobs being available? How can they help Windhelm if they are not able to do to lack of availability of ways to do so? The Dunmer cannot make the first move because there is no first move to make. It is either join a rebellion in a fight they do not want to join, or be forced to live in squalor, and have Stormcloaks supporters on here insult the race for being "lazy" without knowing the actual situation.

Ulfric does not EVEN PROMISE to help them help themselves after the war. How can you say they are going about it backwards when the problem is because of a lack of availability of jobs and ways to help that the Jarl's "blinded by the war" to?

Raijin

And what part of " too bad" don't you get? Like Vatonage said. Skyrim is a harsh place to live in and the nords don't owe the Dunmers anything. They're lucky enough to get shelter. What else do they want?

Ulfric doesn't owe the Dunmers anything. The Dunmers should count their blessings that they were given free haven, and quit complaining.

No Jarl B would not make a better High King. Hes too addicted to Imperial coin and lying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts