Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
26781.jpg
Rimfaxe96 said:
At least he hasn't taken the side of the Thalmor yet. :p
Now that is an idea.

All lines are open, operators are standing by.

You're a funny guy Drunken (The Signature Line)

Although technically he doesn't have to as the Thalmor currently have an Alliance (sort of) with the Empire.

NENALATA

8348.jpg
DrunkenMage said:
Now that is an idea.​
Social Darwinism gets boring on a massive scale.

Plus seems like a hang up about destroying reality to ascend again.

Not if there's an infinite number of alternate universes. The power to end one reality might open up doors to all of them.

Think of the possibilities.

J

Jeremius

8348.jpg
DrunkenMage said:
Now that is an idea.​
Social Darwinism gets boring on a massive scale.

Plus seems like a hang up about destroying reality to ascend again.

Not if there's an infinite number of alternate universes. The power to end one reality might open up doors to all of them.

Think of the possibilities.

Y'know, I would not be surprised right now if DrunkenMage has a Thalmor clone account.

Rimfaxe96

Now that is an idea.

I dare doubt that you'd ever come up with arguments which speak for mass murder, racism and torture.

edit;;
http://marshmallowflavouredthalmor..../general-tullius-stop-by-the-authority-of-the

Found this on tumblr yesterday. It's some cut dialogue from Elenwen from the game intro when you're driven to Helgen. I'd love to hear how Tullius might have responded, judging by her tone he must've been all like "Nope. Bugger off."

Just found out that there're a few mods intended to re-create cut game content. I'll see if I can find some more. :p

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Now that is an idea.

I dare doubt that you'd ever come up with arguments which speak for mass murder, racism and torture.

edit;;
http://marshmallowflavouredthalmor..../general-tullius-stop-by-the-authority-of-the

Found this on tumblr yesterday. It's some cut dialogue from Elenwen from the game intro when you're driven to Helgen. I'd love to hear how Tullius might have responded, judging by her tone he must've been all like "Nope. Bugger off."

Just found out that there're a few mods intended to re-create cut game content. I'll see if I can find some more. :p

Elenwen: "We're taking the prisoners"

General Tullius: "You and what army?"

NENALATA

I knew it. I always had the feeling that's what was going on, even if there was nothing in lore to back up my ascertain. Christ, I wonder what else I was right about that will never be validated.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Now that is an idea.

edit;;

Jesus fluffing Christ! Nice find there. Elenwen scares the hell out of me, especially when she wanted to arrest me, and take me as a prisoner.

And here I've been chastising the Imperial legion for what they've attempted to do at the beginning.

As a staunch Stormcloak supporter I hereby give the Imperial legion 5 smiley faces for showing me mercy, and for wanting to give me a quick death instead of turning me into a Thalmor prisoner.

Rimfaxe96

I knew it. I always had the feeling that's what was going on, even if there was nothing in lore to back up my ascertain. Christ, I wonder what else I was right about that will never be validated.

I'd love to search the data of Skyrim myself, seeing how there's a lot of more dialogue that was cut, but I have no clue how to do that. :oops:
Perhaps I'll try to see if I can contact one of the guys who've been doing mods to restore the cut game content. They had to find it somehow.

I'd also love a few of the cut sidequests. Ironically the cut quests are often the ones that would've made the stories a lot "juicier". Runil's Dark Past, Research Thief, those might have been minor quests but actually with some life and conflict in it rather than running into Dungeon No. #507.

As a staunch Stormcloak supporter I hereby give the Imperial legion 5 smiley faces for showing me mercy, and for wanting to give me a quick death instead of turning me into a Thalmor prisoner.

I knew that things were bad when I talked to Tullis at the Embassy, but I didn't expect it to be that bad. This is the first time I actually pity the Empire and those who're running it.
And seeing how Elenwen apparently would run to tell and complain about Tullius to the Emperor seems that even the position of the big cheese isn't easy. Having to make decisions you hate to do because of people you hate with the intensity of a thousand suns.

Boy, time for some elf-slaughter. :ashstab:

edit;;
More research shows that apparently folks tried to recruit Giants for the Civil War. :confused: Lol.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Well... technically speaking; racism, torture and mass murder are common throughout Tamriel.

Why don't you ask the Khajiit about Senchal and their experience when they faced the Third Legion. Wholesale slaughter, men, women, children, the Legion were given free reigns and the amount of civilian deaths caused the Empire to remove the incident from official historical records.

Thalmor don't deny their killings.

NENALATA

There's a mod out there called something like Civil War Overhaul, which does thusly; It restores a ton of cut content, including quests and dialogue from the Civil War. Apparently the Civil War was supposed to be a whole lot more in depth than the watered down version which was presented to us.

It' on fascist nexus, ahemm I mean 'Skyrim Nexus'.

NENALATA

Helgen was clearly a misunderstanding. After the Dragon shows up, the Imperials have every opportunity to kill you and would be justified in doing so, yet they don't.

All eyes were on Ulfric and the tension in the air was thick so everyone's thoughts were all over the place. It was a mistake, the Empire is no more your enemy than Hadvar is. Neither Ulfric or any Stormcloak spoke up on your behalf when your time came. All they could talk about was themselves and what they deserve.

So I believe in treating them the same.

J

Jeremius

Well... technically speaking; racism, torture and mass murder are common throughout Tamriel.

Why don't you ask the Khajiit about Senchal and their experience when they faced the Third Legion. Wholesale slaughter, men, women, children, the Legion were given free reigns and the amount of civilian deaths caused the Empire to remove the incident from official historical records.

Thalmor don't deny their killings.

The imperials do the Denying for them.

NENALATA: It was that "misunderstanding" that got your head on the block in the first place. While war is probably not the best time to pull random people aside, they should have actually done more to show that you were indeed a Stormcloak, instead of just lumping you with them just because it was more efficient to kill first, ask questions never.

NENALATA

Actually, they don't. Because several times Whiterun guards have saved me from the Thalmor when they attack me. Thalmor have to comply with Imperial law. I think we already covered this, it depends on the Jarl of whatever hold.

Either way, it's clear the Emperor is a big part of the problem for letting the Thalmor get away with stuff. They use him as an excuse quite often. Getting rid of him isn't a bad idea at all. Perhaps once upon a time he was the solution, however now he is the problem.

Obviously, Gen Tullius and the Elder Council aren't going to just lay down before the Thalmor as he has done. I don't see why the entire Empire has to die because of one false Emperor and a broken Jarl who refuses to do his job.

J

Jeremius

Actually, they don't. Because several times Whiterun guards have saved me from the Thalmor when they attack me. Thalmor have to comply with Imperial law. I think we already covered this, it depends on the Jarl of whatever hold.

Either way, it's clear the Emperor is a big part of the problem for letting the Thalmor get away with stuff. They use him as an excuse quite often. Getting rid of him isn't a bad idea at all. Perhaps once upon a time he was the solution, however now he is the problem.

Obviously, Gen Tullius and the Elder Council aren't going to just lay down before the Thalmor as he has done. I don't see why the entire Empire has to die because of one false Emperor and a broken Jarl who refuses to do his job.

I meant when they take people. It is clear that they kill them, not let them go after locking them up, and the Empire tells people away from them. Part of the reason behind the rebellion.

NENALATA

And also an action permitted by Titus Mede II. Gen Tullius did not let Elenwen have those prisoners. Furthermore, North Watch Keep can be shut down and everyone freed later on. We also don't know that the Thalmor kill everyone, as there are many prisoners at that location.

NENALATA

People will also make comments saying, "The Thalmor have been knocked down a peg" after completing that quest James Brown style by killing every Thalmor you can find there.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts