Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
Nenalata:

Here is an eye-witness account of the Night of Green Fire from an Altmer who was raised in Cyrodiil:
Legate Fasendil said:
"Back in 42 in was on leave stationed in Hammerfell on leave in Sentinel trying to track down refugee family members who were trying to escape persecution in Alinor. Suddenly, an explosion of magic in the refugee quarter. Thalmor mages were attacking Altmer dissidence, who were resisting with magic of their own. I ran with some other legionaries who were stationed there, but the entire quarter was a smoking ruin by the time we got there, everyone was dead, wholesale slaughter. The Dominion, not content with killing dissidence of their own back home, came to Hammerfell to finish the job. We're supposedly at peace now, but I put in to be stationed here to keep an eye on the Thalmor, I have a feeling they're behind this unrest here in Skyrim."

Some other quotes about what happened to the dissidents of Thalmor:

Lathenil said:
Oh, what fools we were. We wanted so desperately someone to thank for ending our tribulations, we lavished it upon the first to step up and claim the glory. With that simple act of gratitude, we allowed a vile rot to seep into our homeland, to putrefy our once noble and distinguished civilization.
It was months before I began to suspect the error we had made. Small twinges of unease would vex me, but each one alone was easy enough to disregard and push aside. The exile of the great seer-mage Rynandor the Bold was the final doubt that I could not ignore. You see, Rynandor was one of the very few who survived the collapse of the Crystal Tower - I saw some of his bravery and heroics with my own eyes. It was his leadership and sorcery that made the daedra pay such a high price for their destruction of the Crystal Tower.
The Thalmor besmirched his name when he had the audacity to publicly doubt and question their role in ending the Oblivion Crisis on Summerset Isle. Rynandor made the mistake of ignoring the consensus gentium, trusting instead to logic and facts. The shrewdness of the Thalmor, however, was not such to allow something as trivial as the truth stand in their way. As soon as they shifted the collective opinion ever so slightly against Rynandor, they had him sequestered and intensified their efforts to tarnish his reputation. Unable to mount any sort of defense to the Thalmor's attacks, Rynandor was quickly denounced and exiled.
-Rising Threat, Vol. II

Lathenil said:
I would follow after Rynandor and help him restore his reputation and status. We would then return to best the Thalmor at their own game and win back the mores and morals of the Altmer! The rest of my cabal would stay on Summerset Isle and win the trust of the Thalmor on whatever level best suited each of them, sending clandestine missives to me when possible.
After weeks of painstaking investigations and exorbitant bribes, I was able to learn that Rynandor was placed on a ship to Anvil. I booked my own passage to Anvil. My search almost ended there, for Rynandor had never arrived in Anvil Harbor. My instinct that Rynandor met a duplicitous end was confirmed when I sought out several of the deckhands who were reported to be aboard Rynandor's vessel. All died under mysterious and violent circumstances.
The first of many attempts on my life occurred soon after. Needless to say, I survived, but my grand plan to stymie the Thalmor fell apart without an esteemed leader to rally behind. I went into hiding, waiting anxiously for word of the Thalmor's activities back on Summerset Isle.
Over the following years, I tried to bend the ear of the Empire through various avenues and warn them of the Thalmor's doings. The Empire, however, was having enough troubles dealing with the aftermath of the Oblivion crisis within its own borders without seeking trouble in far away Summerset. With the assassination of Emperor Uriel Septim VII and his heirs, and the self-sacrifice of Martin Septim (the true savior of Summerset Isle and the rest of Tamriel!) the Empire's leadership was left defunct.
High Chancellor Ocato convened the full Elder Council in an unsuccessful bid to select a new Emperor. Without an Emperor, the Empire beyond the reach of Cyrodiil began to splinter. Ocato reluctantly agreed to become the Potentate under the terms of the Elder Council Charter until Imperial rule could be reestablished, but a reluctant leader is rarely a strong leader.
-Rising Threat, Vol. III

Lathenil said:
It took almost a decade before my own machinations put me into contact with Ocato. He seemed more interested than most in what I had to say about the Thalmor, maybe because he was himself an Altmer and recognized the threat they represented. It wasn't long before the Thalmor had Ocato assassinated. Potentate Ocato's murder began the Stormcrown Interregnum.
-Rising Threat, Vol. III

Lathenil said:
With the Empire submerged in this mayhem, the Thalmor were quick to act. They overthrew the rightful Kings and Queens of the Altmer. I remember the revulsion and horror that took hold when word reached me - that this dementia had gripped my homeland. Once so proud and majestic, many of our great race actually embraced this insanity!
Then the first of many pogroms descended on Summerset Isle. They slaughtered any who were not "of the blood of the Aldmer". A fine excuse to purge the dissidents, as well - the Thalmor have never been ones to waste such an opportunity.
-Rising Threat, Vol. III

Praxis Erratuim said:
Soon after Lathenil of Sunhold commissioned to have these volumes printed and distributed far and wide in the Empire with his own coin, he himself met a violent end. In light of the events that followed his death, we must consider that he may very well have been murdered by Thalmor assassins.

There should be no argument that the Thalmor kill their own kind.

NENALATA

Last King of the Ayleids - RETIRED
Lunaruse

Ok, and? First of all the wonderful Empire abandoned the Summerset Isles, like some of the other Provinces. The Thalmor were an already organized force that saved the Altmer. No, of course they weren't the only ones fighting but because of the Thalmor, Summerset Isles had better success at closing Oblivion Gates and pushing the Daedra out. While the Empire and the Nobility of Summerset sat on the sidelines.

Another thing, if you truly are an elf, then you must understand the significance behind the Crystal Tower being destroyed. The Crystal Tower ceded considerable authority to the Thalmor before it's destruction. And then when destroyed, it was a severe blow to Altmer moral and forever altered the future of the Summerset Isles. That Tower was our main link to the past, with it gone, the Thalmor filled that vacuum. It wasn't pretty no. But then again, the Altmer people were desperate and though the Thalmor were not popular, they were able. And that's ALL that matters because EVEN more damage would have been done had they too sat on the sidelines. Thalmor held off the Daedra and were proactive at closing Oblivion Gates.

Then once the war was over, the nobility of Summerset wanted to go back to the Empire and collaborate with the very incompetence that nearly wiped us out. I'm not saying I agree with everything the Thalmor has done, but I understand why it was done and I do think they did what needed to be done.

Empire left the Summerset Isles weak, the leadership was weak ~ If they could not save themselves, then why should they be left to rule the country?

The Thalmor got what they deserved and didn't take no for an answer.

Again ~ There is more than just one side to this. Always more to the story.

Btw - You're Welcome.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Great_War_(book)

The Thalmor had always been a powerful faction within Summerset Isle, but had also always been a minority voice. During the crisis, the Crystal Tower was forced to give the Thalmor greater power and authority. Their efforts almost certainly saved Summerset Isle from being overrun. They capitalized on their success to seize total control in 4E 22. They renamed the nation Alinor, which hearkens back to an earlier age before the ascendency of man. Most people outside of the Aldmeri Dominion still call it Summerset Isle, either out of peevishness or ignorance.

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
Lunaruse

Ok, and? First of all the wonderful Empire abandoned the Summerset Isles, like some of the other Provinces. The Thalmor were an already organized force that saved the Altmer. No, of course they weren't the only ones fighting but because of the Thalmor, Summerset Isles had better success at closing Oblivion Gates and pushing the Daedra out. While the Empire and the Nobility of Summerset sat on the sidelines.

Another thing, if you are truly an elf, then you must understand the significance behind the Crystal Tower being destroyed. The Crystal Tower ceded considerable authority to the Thalmor before it's destruction. And then when destroyed, it was a severe blow to Altmer moral and forever altered the future of the Summerset Isles. That Tower was our main link to the past, with it gone, the Thalmor filled that vacuum. It wasn't pretty no. But then again, the Altmer people were desperate and the Thalmor held off the Deadra.

Then once the war was over, the nobility of Summerset wanted to go back to the Empire and collaborate with the very incompetence that nearly wiped us out. I'm not saying I agree with everything the Thalmor has done, but I understand why it was done and I do think they did what needed to be done.

Empire left the Summerset Isles weak, the leadership was weak ~ If they could not save themselves, then why should they be left to rule the country?

The Thalmor got what they deserved and didn't take no for an answer.

Again ~ There is more than just one side to this. Always more to the story.

Btw - You're Welcome.

The Daedra suddenly vanished. This was because of the sacrifice that an Imperial made, yes an Imperial. They are the ones who deserve the credit for closing the gates of Oblivion. The Empire needed to focus on getting rid of the Mythic Dawn and lighting the Dragonfires under Martin Septim, otherwise, the Daedra would have certainly slaughtered almost everyone in Tamriel (Not sure about the Argonians though, even the Daedra were afraid of them). There is also no lore to suggest that the nobility didn't help fight. And considering that most of the nobility were very competent when it came to the Arcane, why wouldn't they have helped defend their own land, their families, and their own lives?

I do recognize that the fall of the Crystal-Like-Law as being devastating to our culture because it is what linked us to our ancestors, as well as housing their mortal shells after the ascended to Aetherius. But it does not and will never excuse the vile actions of the Thalmor. And to be honest, you are beginning to sound a lot like a Stormcloak.

NENALATA

@Luna

Both are revolutionaries. And yes, there are parallels between the two. Two sides of the same coin. And yes, a Stormcloak victory would be the most beneficial for the Thalmor. But not for Elves in general.

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
And, as history has proved time and time again, revolution=/= positive change. Both sides will bring/ have brought negative change.

NENALATA

Indeed.

Anyways, Luna I think this is it for me.

It's really been a pleasure and even though you don't share my opinion, I still respect you kinsman. :)

This is what happens during these Dark Times. It's finalllly revealed that the establishment can't deliver as promised. Just like with our politicians in the US. Same deal.

But a trial by fire usually ends with things being 'reset' which equals positive change. There's a difference between positive changes and people's opinion of it. Positive change does not necessarily yield popularity. It's positive because the problems which put us in the sad state are being resolved but the result of this appears negative to society.

It's just the nature of the thing. I've had my freedom taken away before, I've been betrayed and left to bleed and die by those I've trusted before... so I know what it takes to get things back in order again.

And I can tell you this ~ Most of the time, things will get MUCH WORSE before they get any better. And usually it's the "good people" who get in the way or stab you in the back when they could have done something to prevent the damage from being done in the first place.

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
Friedrich Nietzsche said:
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

NENALATA

Too late.

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
rating war?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
@Luna

Both are revolutionaries. And yes, there are parallels between the two. Two sides of the same coin. And yes, a Stormcloak victory would be the most beneficial for the Thalmor. But not for Elves in general.
What is all this then?

NENALATA

No war ~ No worries. I'm outtie :)

Ratings are over-rated anyways.

tx12001

It is what it is com-padre. Specifically, that comment was tied more into the Thalmor Dossier. Stormcloaks succeed, then Cyrodil is on it's own, much easier conquest. Like someone in this thread had a quote saying it's best to kill someone's allies before making a move against them. And if we're helping Ulfric behind the scenes, the only reason I can conjure as to why would be to isolate Cyrodil from it's allies. And to keep the war going for as long as possible. I'm sure there are other interpretations of that Dossier and while there may be others ways of looking at it, that one makes the most sense to me. Then once Cyrodil is dead we could starve out Skyrim. Highrock is no real threat, they have there own problems I'm sure. Well, according to Cicero's journals at least.

And besides, Stormcloaks would never intervene against us. Most of the 'cloaks are tired of fighting the Empire's wars anyways on 'foreign' soil according to Ulfric and Ingrid? in Riverwood. I seem to remember hearing the same from somewhere else but I don't remember who... Either way, I would say... that Ulfric would have to adhere to a strict defensive policy. And his speech at the end contradicts the first thing he said behind closed doors about being tired of fighting outside of Skyrim. Which is all they seem to care about, not to mention how Galmar recommends 'murdering' anyone you come across wearing an Imperial uniform sooo...

Another thing and then I have to go, if you complete the Stormcloak quest and then the Emperor shows up for his thing, then Ulfric will say something like he can't risk killing the Emperor because it would set off all of Cyrodil against them.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ulfric_Stormcloak

Despite being completely opposed to the Empire, Ulfric will refuse to kill the Emperor during his visit to Solitude. If you question him about this he will tell you that "We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's cousin is getting married! If royal blood was spilt, all of Cyrodiil would be up in arms. We can't afford an all out war with the Empire. So we'll bide our time for now." or he will remark that "We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's visiting! The goddamned Emperor! And, as much as I'd like to kill the man myself, we can't risk an all out war with the Empire. We'll bide our time for now..."

Make of that what you will ~ but I dunno. DrunkenMage may have been right about how the Empire is stronger than the game lets on. And Ulfric is clearly lieing when he calls the Empire "dieing" when you storm his city. It can't be if he's this afraid of the Emperor. But this also doesn't mean the Dominion is weak and it doesn't mean I would choose Empire over Aldmer Perfection. Of course the question remains for you die-hard Imperials out thar, is it better to kill the Emperor and give someone else a try, or would you rather kill the Dark Brotherhood and leave the Emperor in his place? (After all the Emperor was in the end vindicated from his flight to Skyrim when IC was falling.) And so for Imperials, that may be one of the hardest questions in this entire game.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
Despite being completely opposed to the Empire, Ulfric will refuse to kill the Emperor during his visit to Solitude. If you question him about this he will tell you that "We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's cousin is getting married! If royal blood was spilt, all of Cyrodiil would be up in arms. We can't afford an all out war with the Empire. So we'll bide our time for now." or he will remark that "We're ready to march on Solitude, but the Emperor's visiting! The goddamned Emperor! And, as much as I'd like to kill the man myself, we can't risk an all out war with the Empire. We'll bide our time for now..."

Make of that what you will ~ but I dunno. DrunkenMage may have been right about how the Empire is stronger than the game lets on. And Ulfric is clearly lieing when he calls the Empire "dieing" when you storm his city. It can't be if he's this afraid of the Emperor. But this also doesn't mean the Dominion is weak and it doesn't mean I would choose Empire over Aldmer Perfection. Of course the question remains for you die-hard Imperials out thar, is it better to kill the Emperor and give someone else a try, or would you rather kill the Dark Brotherhood and leave the Emperor in his place? (After all the Emperor was in the end vindicated from his flight to Skyrim when IC was falling.) And so for Imperials, that may be one of the hardest questions in this entire game.

My breton supports the Empire, but i don't like the Emperor. I remember a while back DrunkenMage talked about a group of imperial soldiers that still worship Talos, and i like to think that'ss how my breton operates. Of course my breton prefers to worship Sheogorath, he just believes in freedom of religion.

in my own opinion of course.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Emperor Titus Mede II is one of the best Emperor's the Third Empire has had, next to Tiber Septim himself. Titus II inherited a weakened Empire. It wasn't his fault at how the state of the Empire was when he became Emperor, the Empire changes constantly it is never the same with each new Emperor. All the Emperors are different.

Titus II had been Emperor for three years before the Great War had begun, his skill as Emperor and leader of the Legions are what saved the Empire.

The capture of the Imperial City itself and the complete overthrow of the Empire thus became their primary objective of the next two years. As we know, the Thalmor nearly achieved their objective. It was only because of our Emperor's determined leadership during the Empire's darkest hour that this disaster was averted.

The Emperor didn't flee into Skyrim. 'The Emperor's decision to fight his way out of the city rather than make a last stand was a bold one. No general dared advise him to abandon the capital, but Titus II was proven right in the end. While the Eighth Legion fought a desperate (and doomed) rearguard action on the walls of the city, Titus II broke out of the city to the north with his main army, smashing through the surrounding the Aldmeri [sic] forces and linking up with reinforcements marching south from Skyrim under General Jonna. Meanwhile, however, the capital fell to the invaders and the infamous Sack of the Imperial City began.'

Titus Mede II is far from a coward or weak. His leadership is what saved the Empire.

In what is now known as the Battle of the Red Ring, a battle that will serve as a model for Imperial strategists for generations to come, Titus II divided his forces into three. One army, with the legions from Hammerfell under General Decianus, was hidden in the Colovian Highlands near Chorrol. The Aldmeri were unaware that he was no longer in Hammerfell, possibly because the Imperial veterans Decianus had left behind led Lady Arannelya to believe that she still faced an Imperial army. The second army, largely of Nord legions under General Jonna, took up position near Cheydinhal. The main army was commanded by the Emperor himself, and would undertake the main assault of the Imperial City from the north.

His strategies and battle tactics are now models for future generations.

Titus II led the assault from the north, personally capturing Lord Naarifin. It is rumored the Emperor wielded the famed sword Goldbrand, although this has never been officially confirmed by the Imperial government.

Titus II, personally captured the Thalmor General, also there is a myth of him wielding a legendary sword. Which if that is untrue he must of killed many Dominion soldiers for people to believe his sword was legendary sword of well renown.

In the end, the main Aldmeri army in Cyrodiil was completely destroyed. The Emperor's decision to withdraw from the Imperial City in 4E 174 was bloodily vindicated.

Damn right he was bloodily vindicated, not only did he take back the Imperial City, but he wiped out the entire Dominion's army that was in Cyrodiil.

Although victorious, the Imperial armies were in no shape to continue the war. The entire remaining Imperial force was gathered in Cyrodiil, exhausted and decimated by the Battle of the Red Ring. Not a single legion had more than half its soldiers fit for duty. Two legions had been effectively annihilated, not counting the loss of the Eighth during the retreat from the Imperial City the previous year. Titus II knew that there would be no better time to negotiate peace, and late in 4E 175 the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion signed the White-Gold Concordat, ending the Great War.

What makes a good leader is knowing when to fight and when not to fight. As you can all read, it says the Empire and Aldmeri Dominion signed the White-Gold Concordat. Anyone who has done the Dark Brotherhood can't call Titus Mede II a coward. He faces death better than a majority of Nords.

The Empire as a whole with the exception of Hammerfell accepted the terms of the treaty. Not just Titus Mede II, but the entire Empire. For twenty six years the treaty has been in effect, it isn't like it happened yesterday. The ban of Talos was barely enforced, not until Ulfric started up about it, he wasn't even gaining much support over the ban on Talos.

The Thalmor do not rule the Empire, they seek to destroy it. If they ruled the Empire then it wouldn't make sense for their goal to be the destruction of the Empire.

Imperial controlled Markarth, the head of the Thalmor Justiciars can't even make an arrest of someone he knows who worships Talos because the Empire supporting Jarl won't call for his arrest without evidence. Didn't people say the Thalmor rule the Empire? Yet the head of their Talos hunters can't even make a move because of one lowly Imperial supporting Jarl?

Rimfaxe96

[...]

Searching through lore, and especially the books of Lathenil, made me worry about the people of Summerset Isle. He mentions that "many embrace this insanity".
It should be clear that as long as the Thalmor and therefore also their ideology remains, there won't be peace. But what if the hatred for humans (which was there prior to the Thalmor's uprising, just less... obvious, conscious maybe; when addressing humans they were said to always be pretty snobby and stuff) remains, and they cling to these beliefs of racial supremacy? After all the Kings and Queens were driven out, and as I suspect killed.
How to get the Altmer back to "normal", so to say? Not to mention the Thalmor sympathizers in Valenwood? After all the Bosmer too try to terminate the ones who've shed their purity in earlier generations by taking human wives.

Goddangit, this'll be troubling for a good long while I guess... :oops:

NENALATA

Though undoubtedly my post will be voted down, lined with red x's and in general disregarded, I am aligned with the Thalmor so I'll give you my two cents.

Like I said, the reason you have these rebellions going on is because the people in these countries want change and they're trying to reclaim their heritage, their pride. They may not like the Thalmor or xyz rev party but they also no longer wish to be ruled by the Empire, who abandoned them in favor of Cyrodil's Interests.

And that's kinda the Empire's problem, it's too focused on what's best for the Empire but screw the colonies. The Oblivion Crises, Stormclown nightmare, Red Mtn, all this stuff adds up. And I agree with the remedy ~ Throw off the central Gov of the Empire which is screwing everyone over with it's ultra taxes, insane policies and let the Provinces rebuild and administer themselves.

I'm not going to say the Empire is all bad but buddy ~ Had the gates to hell opened up in my land and you took away the only army that my taxes had been paying for, leaving us alone to scream and run around in circles ~ SCREW YOU. Time for a change.

Summerset Isles, Morrwind, Argonia all of them learned to fend for themselves and have their freedom. Now ~ You may not like what they're doing with it, but so what? They saved themselves. Yes, Martin helped but pails in comparison to the damage which would have been done had no one stepped up to the plate when the Legion ran away.

And it's as simple as that. There'll most likely be another Great War and that could be for better or worse for us. I dunno. Kinda like the difference between how the political lines shifted after WWII. Entire countries and Empires dissolved. *Poof* vanished into the thin fl*ffing air.

The Empire can beat it's chest all it wants however I do believe in the end the Dominion will make it and the Empire had better take note of what we did to them the first time. Elves live longer than men, Elves think differently. It doesn't make man not as smart, just different.

I'm going to be laughing my arse off at all you players when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out with the Thalmor on top. The Empire can talk a good line, but you can't spend money you don't have ~ You've lost at least (6) Provinces thus far. :/ Leaving them with (3) and trying to mess with the culture of the most important, Skyrim.

And if you're one for the Empire, well good for you, I respect that. However, no one from the Imperial side seems to be listening, not anywhere in the game at least. That's what the shopkeeper lady was talking about in Solitude, the Empire this and the Empire that. An Empire that enforces things like banning people's Religion and stripping away all the profits on goods transiting across a Provinces border are no good. I'm not anti-Empire but if this Empire can't understand how it got itself into this position, then if it's not dying now, it will eventually. Even if you kill Ulfric it won't matter.

I think the only way things will get better is to just let things play out. Whoever or whatever survives this next war will decide the pace of things for a loooooooooooooooooong time afterwards. Same as Talos did back in the day. Results may not be the same however.

My monies on the Dominion. And if any Imperials would like a pair of rose-colored glasses, please contact your local Thalmor Embassy and we'll be more than happy to get those shipped to you. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery. Well East Empire takes even longer gaaaaaawd.

*Ahh please note: We do not deliver in Holds Occupied by Stormcloaks... Except Riften because you know... it's... it's Riften.

ALL HAIL THE ALDMERI DOMINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

images

Thalmor > Empire > Stormcloaks

Just thought I'd throw that out there ;)

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf

[...]

Searching through lore, and especially the books of Lathenil, made me worry about the people of Summerset Isle. He mentions that "many embrace this insanity".
It should be clear that as long as the Thalmor and therefore also their ideology remains, there won't be peace. But what if the hatred for humans (which was there prior to the Thalmor's uprising, just less... obvious, conscious maybe; when addressing humans they were said to always be pretty snobby and stuff) remains, and they cling to these beliefs of racial supremacy? After all the Kings and Queens were driven out, and as I suspect killed.
How to get the Altmer back to "normal", so to say? Not to mention the Thalmor sympathizers in Valenwood? After all the Bosmer too try to terminate the ones who've shed their purity in earlier generations by taking human wives.

Goddangit, this'll be troubling for a good long while I guess... :oops:

It troubles me as well.

Tuvene Arethan in ES III: Morrowind states that elves are conditionally fertile, so they only reproduce when there is a depression in their population. So, if all the Thalmor elves were killed, whatever Altmer were left may become extremely fertile. The mindset of the non-Thalmor elves seems to be pretty different from the Thalmor, and they seem to be more human.

For Civilized Female NPC Altmer:

1.Taarie- Shop owner at Radiant Rainment, annoying and pompous.
2. Endarie- Sister of Taarie. Same personality.
3. Reldith- Works on a farm in Rorikstead, loves her job, hard-working, and even adopted an Imperial child and raised him as a single parent
4. Niranye- She's an fence for the Thieves Guild
5. Nirya- She seems pretty self-important and stuck up, though it appears to be because she is overcompensating because she is actually really self-conscious (I think I used the right word, not sure)
6. Nenya- Steward for Sidgeir. She is very patient, calm, and down-to-earth.
7. Faralda- Teacher at the College of Winterhold. Pretty normal personality wise.
8. Curwe- Farmer. Married to a man. She is pretty normal, too. Likes to live simply, has no traces of being proud or pompous, and appears to be content with her life.
9. Arivanya- Lives in Windhelm with her Altmer husband. They raise horses. She is (understandably) discontent with how boring her life is, but doesn't appear to be arrogant.

For Civilized Male NPC Altmer:

1. Aicantar- Nephew of Calcemo. I don't really know much about his personality aside from his love of the Dwemer because I never spoke with him before killing him during the Thieves Guild Questline.
2. Aringoth- Owns Goldenglow Estate. Typical business man, cares mostly about money and isn't afraid to make shifty moves when they are to his benefit.
3. Calcemo- Eccentric scholar of the Dwemer. He prides himself in his work but is very secretive about it.
4. Melaran- Protects Erikur, is arrogant and rude typically. Though he does have a sort of respect for Sybille Stentor.
5. Nelecar- Was kicked out of the College for doing questionable research. He is very intelligent but doesn't seem to be arrogant.
6. Nurelion- Runs the White Phial in Winterhold. His imperial apprentice says that he can be a bit short tempered at times. He is pretty crabby and is obsessed with the legendary White Phial.
7. Orthorn- left the College and stole some books as an offering to a group of rogue mages. He is repentant of his wrong doings toward the College. Seems to be a bit of a kiss *** in my opinion.
8. Runil- Used to fight for the Thalmor, but realized that he had become a monster. He left the Thalmor and sought out a peaceful existence in Falkreath, serving the people as a priest of Arkay.
9. Ulundil- Very friendly and cheerful. Works at Windhelm's stables. He doesn't let fear stop him from doing the things he loves, like shoveling horse poop.
10. Viarmo- He is Headmaster of the Bards College and has a love of the arts. He is not snobby and is pretty nice as well
11. Legate Fasendil- And last but not least, my personal favorite. He was raised by traveling merchants in Cyrodiil. He tends to be serious and has a strong sense of duty towards the citizens of the Empire, but not at all arrogant (though Stormcloaks obviously grate on his nerves and he doesn't think well of them). He has a deep respect for other cultures. He has one of the most interesting backstories that I won't elaborate on, just go visit him yourself. He's great. Nuff said.

And so, the Altmer are pretty diverse bunch, some good, some bad, some arrogant, some humble. I think it would be interesting to see how the Altmer race will transform after the Thalmor are destroyed.

Also, sidenote, the Psijiics are still around and will probably return when the Thalmor are gone. I have a feeling that they are housing Thalmor dissidents on Arteaum, though its only speculation.

And a really random question, Do the Psijiics allow women to be amongst their ranks?