If im a guy, is it weird to play as a female

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Train

Is that all you got?!
Nah, it's normal, but some guys get all strange about it, I guess those that aren't secure enough in their masculinity. If I'm playing an online game then my character is portraying me, so I always choose male because that's what I am. I do think it's weird to be playing online with the opposite gender because it's not who you are (unless you don't have a choice of course); but in single player it doesn't matter, you know who you are. I don't even find it that hard to immerse myself into the game playing as female, but that's just because I'm looking at it from a story perspective and not ever trying to actually become them.

Story is the main point...tell the story. That's why we play TES, isn't it?

Savage480

No its not wired at all it its your game i ushaly play female in skyrim and im always in 3 person viwe cuz if im staring at a back side i donot whant to look at a hairy back for how many houres i play

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Well, now that the thread is alive again, I might as well contribute too! I tend to think in a min/max way even if I am trying to RolePlay, so I wouldn't be a female unless I chose Wood Elf, because the female Wood Elf is taller than the male (runs faster). If benefits are equal, I'll play a male, if female has an edge in-game, I'll play a female.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
My favorite build is in fact a woman. She is a badass. Untouchable. Nothing wrong with playing a character from the opposite sex.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I prefer males because they look so badass with the scars and all.

WOmaN? her beauty should not be destroyed by scars and eye injuries,

Kuros

No problem, but I must admit I personally wouldn't play a female being that I'm a guy. If I'm hardcore roleplaying(not carrying anything but the armor and weapon I have and light items that could be carried easily such as jewelry and such, staying away from magic as a Nord, if you die youre dead for good, ect...) thenm I definitely need to be a male

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Nope. After all you are going to be using this character for many, many hours. Choose whatever you wan't to choose. After all this is an Role playing game so it would actually (In my opinion) be weird if you didn't even consider making a female at some point.

ShoCh

Interesting. I guess this is yet another good reason to play games (especially immersive games like Skyrim) because you get to answer that question - 'What would you do if you were a woman for a day...?'. :)

I can never bring myself to play as a male character (unless there is no choice) because I play as if I am that character (I spend ages in character creation trying to make them look like me) and I base my in-game decisions on my own set of moral standards. It's probably kind of restricting when you come to think about it.

I might play through again as a male one day, so I can't relate to the character, and just be really mean and evil.

Mahone

Some peoples defense for 100s of hours looking at a man is okay, but I honestly don't play as 3rd person.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I will usually create a couple of female characters. Sometimes it will open up different dialog or perks at least it did on Fallout. And in Skyrim it seems easier to create a decent looking woman.

Plus seeing a pretty little blonde own bad guys on those slo-mo kill cams is pretty cool

EleanorUnicorn

As I'm a girl, all of my characters have been female as well. I don't know why, if I relate to them better of whatever, maybe it's because they're simply better to look at :p but at the end of the day, it's fine for guys to have female characters, as long as you don't openly fap over her in front of the computer it's not really a problem :)

EleanorUnicorn

Interesting. I guess this is yet another good reason to play games (especially immersive games like Skyrim) because you get to answer that question - 'What would you do if you were a woman for a day...?'. :)

I can never bring myself to play as a male character (unless there is no choice) because I play as if I am that character (I spend ages in character creation trying to make them look like me) and I base my in-game decisions on my own set of moral standards. It's probably kind of restricting when you come to think about it.

I might play through again as a male one day, so I can't relate to the character, and just be really mean and evil.

Couldn't agree more! Same as me! I find it really hard to do DB and TG quests or play an evil character, because I enjoy being 'good' all the time I guess. I suppose my khajiit was a bit mean and short tempered sometimes, the occasional murder here and there, but she was still essentially a good character at heart. I create my characters to look like me as much as possible as well, for better immersion, that's probably why I haven't made a male character yet :) on the to-do list for the future I suppose!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I have no qualms about playing as either male or female. Fact of the matter, if you love to RP, then you have made various characters of both sexes. Only way to fully enjoy all the game has to offer.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I never play female characters just for the simple fact that when they moan after taking damage it annoys the plops out of me after a while.

Kage

For me, I do feel weird. I mean, I'm a guy, I look at my character as a representation of me in that Video Game. Also, I just simply find it weird that a guy would want to play a girl, I just don't see the logic behind it. Even the whole: "I want to look at something nice, not a Guy's but," thing just doesn't make sense. I don't know about you, but I don't get turned on by a a bunch of pixels. Sure, I can acknowledge that the Pixels look pretty, but that doesn't change the fact that their pixels. Anyway, do what you want to do, it's your game, but I just find it weird, and probably always will.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
TES really does a great job making gender bias non-existent. That being said, I always play a character of each gender in games like this. My Nord is male while my Imperial is female.

Is anyone here a Mass Effect fan by any chance? The idea of, "Is it ok for a dude to play as FemShep?" comes up all the time. There are a ton of factors that go into why someone would play as FemShep over ManShep, but it boils down to the same thing as what we're talking about here. The only difference is that it was so controversial (on the official forums, at least) that FemShep developed a strong following, ultimately making the developers recognize her popularity. But Shepard speaks in the games, gets treated slightly differently based on gender, and is pretty curvy as a female. So, yeah, my "canon" Shep is totally FemShep.

Come to think of it, I wish my Imperial had more... form-fitting armor. Suggestions?? :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts