If im a guy, is it weird to play as a female

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Big round bootys in yo face! Little itty bitty waist! Girl characters are cool. I just prefer to not wear heavy armor with them

XbSuper

Allure is not specific to female characters, it affects the opposite gender, as does Agent of Dibella.

If you had taken the time to read my entire post. You would have seen that I explained; most vendors are male, making it more lucrative to use the allure perk as a female character.

Halkin

pzzzztt
No it's not weird, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of guys play as girls (so they have something nice to look at). Well, at least that's why I always play a male character.

indeed, here is one of my eve online avatars, much better than staring at some bloke

edit: or it would if it would post lol

Attachments

• evechar.jpg
    evechar.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 18

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
I picked a dude because I just wanted to play the game and didn't know what class I would be, now I'm an assassin and I wish I chose a female.

Docta Corvina

I don't think it's weird at all - I can't remember how many times guys who played, say, RDR online would ask the same question when they chose the female Mexican revolutionaries instead of their male counterparts. I myself will choose male characters when character creation is not involved. As some have said, why not choose eye candy for yourself. :p I still find it fun to create characters of my own gender and have mostly done so in this game - with one exception so far. Hell, I HAD to make a handsome Imperial man be my Dovahkiin at some point. Tis nice. ;)

But yeah, I guess for me it depends on the game and the options available.

tl;dr
It's not weird. Bottom line, it's your game. Play as you want to. =)

Nakatsu_Hime

Of course it's not wierd.

If I was a guy, and I was planning to play a game that involved long hours of looking at my character's a*se, then better it be a hot chick with a pert one than a square-jawed oaf with a (in all possibilities) windy one.
But I'm not a guy, and my character's female anyway.

(Hang on. Does that make me a lesbian??!)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you had taken the time to read my entire post. You would have seen that I explained; most vendors are male, making it more lucrative to use the allure perk as a female character.
Except most merchants aren't male. There are actually more female merchants than males but the difference is marginal and the perk therefore isn't more favorable to either gender.

Dominico

I personally think it shows how you play the game. For xample I see the character as me. So I play as a male and I will usually find it tough to be evil or cruel. I also struggle to play with argonians etc because they are so alien. I would also find it strange to 'be' a girl. However in some games I enjoy female characters but games more like tomb raider and heavenly sword. where I dont feel I am the character. I think those who choose opposing sex probably feel unattached in games and sonthey are controlling a character rather than being it.

Rudolf

Dark Shogun
um is it weird and odd but ( i know this is off topic but) i found a book called the lusty argonian maid and what the firetruck is that?

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
um is it weird and odd but ( i know this is off topic but) i found a book called the lusty argonian maid and what the firetruck is that?
It's the only thing in Skyrim that made me literally lol.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
LOL, i asked myself the same question when i found it...then i read it, all i could say was WTF

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
In a lot of games where I can " Create " a character I've chosen a Female as they certainly have more class.
My first character in Skyrim was Male, but I found that boring so I've only made Female characters since then.

Nakatsu_Hime

I hated Quake4 with a passion, and the main reason for that was the fact that ALL characters were the same Space Commando-type moron. A big difference to Quake3, where you had much more of a choice.

I still reject PS3 games (especially RPG-types) where the only playable character is a male.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Think to yourself, which ass would you want to be staring at. If I'm playing for 150+ hours, I wanna look at something that will keep my interest.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I have nothing against people who choose to play gender-opposite characters. For some reason I've never been drawn to the idea, though. I can count the amount of female characters I've created over the years with the digits in one hand, and most of the time I ended up re-rolling a male toon before the game was through. Dunno why, maybe it's because I'm trying to immerse myself and -become- the character, so playing a female would muddy the waters, so to speak.

I don't mind playing games that force a female protagonist upon you (Tomb Raider etc), but given the choice I will nearly always opt for a male.

Nakatsu_Hime

I like forceful, powerful, hot chick characters, as I try to be one in real-life.
It seems to make men swoon at my feet and beg for mercy.