If im a guy, is it weird to play as a female

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adolf Stormcloak

My title's better than your title
Considering how many games only have a single gender option, how can it possibly be weird? I mean, are girls just not supposed to play Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty because it would be weird? *boggles*

I actually think most of the armor and clothing looks much better on the men in Skyrim, particularly the vampire armor. The boob cutout in that armor makes me think my poor girl would freeze. Not to mention, she's not protecting the most vital organ of all from attacks from above. Of course, if she's undead, maybe stabbing her in the heart wouldn't be that big of a deal, and the cold wouldn't bother her either. But the outfit just strikes me as truly silly for a living character.

Also, the heterosexual spouse choices for male characters are just so much more attractive. I mean, for the girls, what do we have? You know, I like Balimund and all (he's an upstanding guy, hard worker, and so on), but I would not want to wake up in bed next to that (does he ever bathe?).... which I guess is just as well, since he doesn't have a double bed in his house.

What other choices do we have: Angrenor Once-Honored, the epitome of Eastmarch sex appeal; Belrand, whose luscious locks of hair have sadly migrated so far south on his skull they look like curtain fringes; Calder and his monster mutton chops (those Eastmarch girls really got it good); Onmund, the mage with the underbite of a bulldog (it's no wonder he always wears a hood); Stenvar (what is it with these Windhelm guys?), who looks like a wrinkled egg with a beard and a bad attitude; plus a random assortment of drunkens and beggars (Cosnach, Benor, Torvar)?

Yeah, Vorstag's not awful. And if you mod away the eye shadow, Farkas and Vilkas both have their points. Indeed, if you can get past that soul patch, Marcurio's not the worst option.

But the pickins are slim, I say. Much too slim.

You don't think this guys sexy?
jPCwf7FL93Zwu.jpg

sticky runes

Catwoman, Wonderwoman, Red Sonya, Xena and Buffy are all female heroes who were created and given adventures by men. I really don't see how it's strange for a male to play a RPG as a female character.

MrDSL

I typically always play as female characters..Mainly because of my MMO days.

Apparently dudes think the female characters are better to help but they are actually female? bahahaha who knows really.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I'm a girl, and I have two male characters... Mostly because they serve as eye candy (Buff-orc-booty... me gusta!), but my main character is female... For booty reasons too, lol. Any-who, it kinda depends on your preferences for the character too. For instance, I tried starting an orc female warrior, but I always would get bored with her and switch back to playing my dark elf mage. So changed to a orc male warrior, and he is nearly equal to progress and level as my mage. The same things happend when I started my altmer female battlemage and breton male infiltrator. So to sum it up, no its not weird to play as different sexes (It's an rpg, meaning free-for-all). It just depends on the feel of the character.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Of course it's weird, and that's being nice! If it's anything it's downright disturbing! You should never tell anyone about these strange urges, not unless you want to lose every shred of your credibilty and good-standing within our society! It may be too late for your wretched soul, but perhaps a life of pious devotion will correct these very serous character flaws. It's just not natural.

(i'm being sarcastic, please don't come after me.)

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
Whatever suits you best.

I always play a Male in everything, because in RPGs I replicate myself into that character.

I can completely understand if a Guy wants to play as a smokin' hot bad ass Hero and likes enjoying the view all in the process.

I can also completely understand if a Girl wants to look at a good-looking, muscular man.

Your game = your world = your rules.

Moris

I use Nexus mods to make my girl look muscular... like she actually may have some small hope of actually lifting that two handed warhammer over her head without falling over backwards and squealing about breaking a nail.

xsneakyxsimx

I use Nexus mods to make my girl look muscular... like she actually may have some small hope of actually lifting that two handed warhammer over her head without falling over backwards and squealing about breaking a nail.

Are there any that don't add excessive amounts of muscle? I still like mine to look female...

Moris

I have no idea what you would find excessive. You just have to look, I guess.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I have two characters, one male and one female.

I don't play as I was the person, I like the stories. the male is redguard, which is black, while in real life i'm white.
well that's strange too!

don't care about what people think, it's a game. you are only weird if you feel weird!

This is a fantasy game. That means what it's all about is playing as something you're not. It's not necessarily sexual, seeing as there is no Sex in the game, but it's no weirder than being human, and playing an Elf, or Beast race. Or a wizard, or Dragon Slayer. It's not much of an escape if you play exactly the same thing you do in real life. If you were a clerk, and came home to play a game about being a clerk, now that would be weird.

Moris

This is a fantasy game. That means what it's all about is playing as something you're not. It's not necessarily sexual, seeing as there is no Sex in the game, but it's no weirder than being human, and playing an Elf, or Beast race. Or a wizard, or Dragon Slayer. It's not much of an escape if you play exactly the same thing you do in real life. If you were a clerk, and came home to play a game about being a clerk, now that would be weird.

With all due respect, I'm having a hard time seeing how I can play exactly the same thing I do in real life. I mean, in Skyrim, at some point I'm going to have to defend myself. In real life, I'm not capable of doing this. The best I could imagine is pepper spraying a bear and hoping the hell it backed off. I live in a world in which it's wiser to walk through the forest wearing freakin' bells than trying to sneak. If bandits attacked me, I'd give them ALL of my stuff and beg for my life. I have met very few political leaders, and not one of them has ever shown any interest in who I am or what I have to say. I have to budget my money because I can't just spend 10 minutes knocking gold out of a shallow mine or transmuting metal. I never go camping because I can't stand having to take a crap in the woods.

I don't see how playing a light skinned human female would in any way make my character like me at all. I'm a pacifist wimp with PTSD. I'd die in Helgen every time.

It doesn't matter what kind of character I pick in Skyrim, her experience will be absolutely nothing like my real life.