• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
I know the thread clearly is titles Homosexuals and the general topic is on the hate on homosexuality in general, but I immediately thought of Gay Marriage and the hate against it when coming across this thread just now.

And because of this, I have found that a good excuse to share with you Patton Oswalt's (The nerd from King of Queens) view on Gay Marriage. I think everybody should watch, not only because it's funny but true. As a devout Catholic who attends a Catholic school and lives on some moral Catholic values, this video not only made me cry in laughter but it also made me take a step back and open my eyes at how some Christians honestly think and say, and how ignorant and idiotic they look.

God loves every person as a unique individual. Sexual identity helps to define the unique persons we are, and one component of our sexual identity is sexual orientation. Thus, our total personhood is more encompassing than sexual orientation. Human beings see the appearance, but the Lord looks into the heart.

Homosexual orientation is experienced as a given, not as something freely chosen. By itself, therefore, a homosexual orientation cannot be considered sinful, for morality presumes the freedom to choose.

kyleekay

I stated that one does that need sex in a relationship in order for to be happy, healthy, and romantic.

I agree. Sex is not a "must have" in order for a romantic relationship to be fulfilling. As long as both parties are happy, great! More power to them. Romance is what you make of it, and you don't need to be going at it like rabbits in order for romance to be apparent in the relationship.

I think where FullmetalHeart20 took issue (as did I honestly) was when you stated:

Merle Dixon said:
As I said, heterosexuals make EVERYTHING about sex or attraction. Nothing about emotion.

Totally, 100% disagree. Do some people make everything about sex instead of emotion? Yeah, I'm sure some people do. Regardless of if they are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual or a-sexual, there will always be people obsessed with that aspect. It has absolutely nothing to do with their sexual preference. You know what makes me want to be with a person? Their sense of humor. Their compassion. Their intelligence. Not how "hot" they are.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
So you're admitting to just trolling, then?

He's making fun of us as men, because to us sex is required for a happy relationship. It isn't required for romance to be apparent, however. Romance can be apparent by taking your partner out to dinner, buying them gifts, all that jazz.

Your second part of your previous post kind of shows you may understand that. Yes, some people make everything about sex instead of emotion, these are generally hookers, prostitutes, and single, horny men.

Men put sex in a relationship on a pedestal because it is fact that we lean more towards the physical, whilst women (not all) care more about the emotional. I can't tell you from experience, but with my mother being my source, sex to a woman is more-so a signal from her partner a sign of being loved... hence the emotional aspect. Men don't generally think about that, some do. Most however just think "Hey, I'm having sex, this feels good!" This is also why it may be much easier for a man to cheat or to pay for hookers or something... because they don't need that feeling of being loved by their partner as often or as much as women might (mind you I'm not saying all women do this, and that all men don't.)

That's just my spiel, that may have sounded creepy saying my source was my mother. However my relationship with my mother is very very mature, and the whole "sex talk" when I was a youngin' led to some heartfelt conversations, and I have feel as though I've been able to grow up with some knowledge that may benefit me later on when I decide to get married :)

kyleekay

Ah, okay. I suppose that makes sense, Gunnbjorn. Though I tend to assume everyone on these types of threads are taking the discussion seriously sans sweeping generalizations, so I guess that's where I got confused.

As for the "mother" thing, that's not weird. Just ask Freud! ;) :p

OrexxerO

So you're admitting to just trolling, then?

Which is why I stopped replying to his trolls....this thread was less then heated before he decided to show up.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
I love it when gay people are proud of who they are, as well they should be. Im just still surprised its such a big deal, I don't wake up in the morning and think "Oh, Im straight."
It takes a very simple minded person to be homophobic, but you've got to be really brave to be openly gay. Mainly because of todays society discriminating against gays, but at least its a little less then it used to be.

You cant ask that because 1) (straight) Guys are attracted to girls asses
2) How come we are attracted to two lumps of fat used for producing milk for a newborn? Who knows man... Who knows.

Everything always gets better when Merle shows up, he makes his point which is usually.. I wont say "true" but really good points, just the way he presents this annoys the pl*ps out of you all. This my friends, he does purposly. When you see his name, grab a stressball, write what you really want, backspace it, then take out what will cause him to come up with a post to troll you all whilst getting his point across.

Or just do what you've been doing, like its gonna get you somewhere, its a pretty funny read.

OrexxerO

definitely option 3 and 4 will happen, without a doubt.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Honestly, I wouldn't care if a man married his dog. As long as the spark exists (even if the circumstances are bit on the risque and morally questionable side), then there shouldn't be any discrimination towards any sexual orientations whatsoever. But, we live in a barbaric world, with barbaric values, in some parts of the country.

The Westboro Baptist Church can kiss my ass.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Why can't we all just be happy and nice to one another? I genuinely don't care about someones sexuality. A couple of my male friends are bisexual, I see them no different to if they were straight. Although I do joke with them, my default phrase being "I don't care what way you take it, as long as you don't try ought with me :p"
If you love a guy, woman or a watermelon I won't treat you any differently as long as you're nice to me.

Darkholme

Way back to the original post...

Next time step up and do something. Don't just watch because these girls were your friends, or bigger than you. This is the 21st century, people don't get to abuse others just because they are bigger or stronger (at least not in a school). What you saw happen wasn't just bullying, it was a sexual assault. They FORCED sexual contact on someone (sounds like maybe two people).

Take these words to heart, because I did, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Don't take this as me blaming you. You were in a crazy situation and froze, it happens. Next time ACT. If this was happening to you, you would want someone ANYONE to step up and help.

PS
I really hope these girls were given more than a mere detention for this assault.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
I would never hit a girl if they attacked me but if I saw this I don't know if I'd be able to stop myself. It's just freaking disgusting. All because they have a different sexual orientation.

If I saw this I'd use force to try and stop it, I don't mean punching I mean grabbing them and pulling them off the girls. But if they persisted I wouldn't lose sleep over throwing them to the ground.

People like that sicken me.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Why do people think that gay marriage is going to somehow lead to some farmer out there marrying his horse? And why, OH GOOD GOD WHY, would anyone think that marrying an animal/pet is okay??? :vomit:

Okay, I see what people are trying to say here (be open-minded and equality for everyone and everything), but really think about what you're saying. Not only is that sickening, because the animal cannot consent to any kind sexual act and it would therefore be sexual abuse of an animal, but it could never happen anyway.

It's part of the implication that if we allowed gays to get married, then people could marry animals.... taking the anti-gay marriage argument to an absurd extreme. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, because I don't think I've ever come across an animal (other than a human being) that can say: "I do".

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts