• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
YOU'RE GONNA WASH THAT TUSSY FOR THE
SauceGrey_large.jpg

OrexxerO

Oh yay, heterosexuals love to link other sexualities strictly to sexual acts. Maybe a homosexual, bisexual, or pansexual person just wants to be with the person they love and care for and sex is a secondary thing. It almost seems like people only think straight folk can fall in love and all the other sexualities are in it for the kinky sex.

Ok? Just going by what the other orientations are named for? namely being attracted other then just "someone they love and care for" if thats the case then they would marry the first person in their life not family that they "love and care for". I was asking a sincere question.

OrexxerO

Wow, that post is a mess. When you can actually articulate a sentence, get back to me.

Ok, even if sexual desire is "secondary" as you say in a relationship requirement for a person, chances are if you are going to spend the rest of your life with a certain person you "love" then part of that expression of "love" you show to your partner for life happens usually in a sexual way eventually. Also, stop being a snarky smartass, don't know why you think you have to be one.

Docta Corvina

As I said, heterosexuals make EVERYTHING about sex or attraction. Nothing about emotion.

Well, now, cut me a little slack. ;) I am a hetero chick and yes, that means I have a very strong attraction to men and no attraction to women. But if it were only about physical component parts, any man in the world would do just fine. I don't think that's what you're saying, but...

Yanno. :p

FullmetalHeart20

Ever hear of A-sexuals? These are people who aren't attracted to anyone. And as for me, someone who is Bi-sexual, I fall for someone's personality, not what is between their legs. What I find attractive about someone is their intelligence, humor, and self esteem. As I said, heterosexuals make EVERYTHING about sex or attraction. Nothing about emotion.

If you merely want to continue our species existence feel free to donate your genetics. Doubt any woman would want it with that attitude of yours.
Okay. To be fair, anyone can fall in love with any personality. The defining difference between a best friend and a romance really does come down to sex. As for making everything about sexual acts? Did you not see the title of this thread?
Please quite it with the insults. They make you look bad.

FullmetalHeart20

You know what I mean by that. If someone loved someone in a relationship, and loved another person equally and platonically, then the only real difference is which person one sleeps with. And friends with benefits is a relationship. They're just in denial.
The thread is based on sexuality. Did you really think sex wouldn't come into it?

FullmetalHeart20

That's not romance. That's a roommate. Yes, sex is not the most important part, but a relationship becomes something else without it. Although I would like to understand the difference between your best friend and a sexless romance.
I can admit I don't know everything about other people's relationships. However, friends with benefits really does describe the early to middle stages of a relationship. All that's changed is the name.

FullmetalHeart20

So what if a couple can't have sex? What if there are medical conditions that don't allow them to do so? Are they any less in love? Is it any less of a relationship? No, it's not.

There's a huge difference between loving someone and being in love with them.

Where is your evidence for friends with benefits being the early to middle stages of a relationship? How about a guy who goes to the same hooker once a week, is that a relationship? Bottom line, sex is just sex. It only becomes more when emotion is involved.

And some people just don't need the physical aspects. I'm one of them. I can be in love with someone strictly on emotion.
Of course you can. I love my parents. Our president loves his country. Jesus loved everyone. I never said that sex was love. But romance is a different matter. On that note, there is a difference between choosing not to have sex, and being unable to.
As for your example, that really doesn't cut it. How does a favorite hooker carry the emotional ties that friends with benefits does? It's like you're redefining the term to fit your argument.
My formula is a simple one. Love+sex=romantic relationship. Removing sex doesn't lessen the love, but removing love lessens the sex.
Now I'm wondering how we got so sidetracked.

FullmetalHeart20

You've got to be joking. You insult people who disagree with you, push your ideas as fact, and refuse compromise, any you call me a self rightous blow hard? If anything, you're just as bad.
The fact is, it isn't a matter of black and white. It is simply a basic part of most romantic relaionships. Even in the most conservative, repressed societies, there is attraction in courtships and marriages.
You continue to change your stance. Going to the same hooker lacks emotional investment, and when I point out this flaw you say they could fall in love. What point are you even trying to make here?
What makes you insist that sex is so unimportant? Why must believing it is a healthy part of a serious relationship make one a sex crazed maniac? For that matter, why is being a sex crazed maniac so bad?

FullmetalHeart20

This is officially getting to heated for rational discussion. I was using the term relationship for the 'fall in love, get together and make babies' kind. I realize sex can be taken too far, but having a deep platonic relationship with someone doesn't make a couple. Usually when sex goes out of a romance, a lot of people get concerned about that. Perhaps I've overstated the value I place on sex when it comes to romance, and I haven't make enough of an effort to understand your point of view. I'm all for the flowers and hearts. But I can't imagine having a boyfriend and not getting a bit physical. So if you believe sex isn't needed for a couple, than what is? What is the defining trait of a boyfriend or girlfriend?
And for your information, I've already done those things.

FullmetalHeart20

Than it appears we were talking about different things. I was referring strictly to romantic couples, and the natural conclusion if things don't go wrong. Sorry for that.

Docta Corvina

This thread originally concerned how horrific a glaring lack of basic human empathy is and how intolerance and "Othering" can spin out of control very quickly. The sentiment previously pervading the initial reaction and discussion was essentially "live and let live, love and let love". Amen to that, a hundredfold.

I suppose I don't know why we're arguing about what makes a loving relationship between two consenting adults any more or less real, mainstream, expected, or otherwise valid than others. Every relationship has its nuances. Likewise, every person's sexual orientation is theirs, their own. Who are we to judge others for it in any such capacity?

...I'm rambling, likely because I'm very hungry. But there it is.

FullmetalHeart20

Pretty sure I can still be romantic to the person I'm with, even if sex is not involved. I made that point earlier in this thread. If you are IN love with the person, you can be romantic. I don't equate being romantic to swapping bodily fluids.
Well of course being in love is mostly a psychological and emotional experience, and it doesn't take sex to show ones love. I simply can't understand why one would remove it from a couple, and how they can still be together.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts