• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    The ranger noticed a woman whom he had taken little notice to in the past begin to approach Titus. Valin was unsure of just what was going to happen, Titus had shown great strength in controlling himself, but he Valin wouldn't bet someones life on it.

The girl was scared, anyone could tell that. She carefully put her hand out and spoke to Titus. Valin focused and tried to listened but failed. There had been to much loud noises, and he was exhausted, hearing a whisper was impossible right now.

Valin's fist clenched as she petted him more. There would be no way to get there in time, if Titus attacked. She would lose her hand and possibly her life, but to Valin's surprise, he never struck out. As the girl left, a small smile came across the elf's face. Perhaps he does have it in him. Perhaps he could, one day, learn to control his powers.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    It took all of Titus' self-control not to bite Lyanna's hand off as she inched it closer and closer to his maw. She was calm and docile and she smelled delicious. Better than a perfectly seasoned steak fresh off the grill. He could smell her fear. He could hear her heart beating, her blood coursing under her soft pale skin, the soft steady breathing through her nose, the soft bulges in her skin as her muscles moved her hand closer to him. The beast raged inside him to pounce on this morsel and devour it, to kill her and eat every part of her body, to not let a drop of blood or a speck of her flesh go to waste. She could sate the beast's ravenous hunger.

She touched his nose and her touched soothed him. Despite the beast's best efforts he had stayed in control. He held onto who he was. He gave a sigh of relief, blowing warm air from his nostrils straight into Lyanna's face. Her fear had lessened and with it Titus calmed down.

"You nearly got me back there," She mumbled hoarsely. She cleared her throat and continued. "My friends would want me to kill you." She made sure to keep her voice quiet in an attempt to not let Alice hear. She did anyway and her eyes narrowed at the other woman, watching her very closely. "I won't. You're not a normal werewolf, are you?" Titus shook his head in order to communicate "no." He may not be able to speak but he was still himself, not some dumb animal. The only recognizable feature he retained while in beast form were his sapphire blue eyes. They let his family recognize him and let him show other who he truly was. Or at least those who chose to see. Despite being of the Vigil it seemed Lyanna was one such person. "When you turn back, we need to have a nice long... chat."

Titus nodded in agreement and then sat down. He dwarfed her by at least eighteen inches by a foot and a half and his sister by two full feet and that made it hard to talk at eye level. By sitting down he roughly equalized their heights and let her scratch his ears. Even with a glove on her hand was warm an gentle. It felt wonderful and Titus wagged his tail happily. He opened his mouth to reveal his massive tongue and started panting happily, unintentionally bombarding Lyanna with his rather rank drauger breath. He had ripped them apart with his teeth after all. As she scratched he saw she was bleeding from the left side of her head and he decided to help. He moved her hair back as gently as he could with the back of one of his massive hands, careful not to slice her face open with his claws. Then he took her other hand, again being as gentle as possible, and held it. He got up to her face and started licking up the trickling blood with his tongue. He knew it was awkward for her at the very least, and that his breath stank but having a werewolf lick your head like a puppy licks a cut would be practically unheard of by someone like her. She was probably too shocked to object and even if she did, he could always apologize when he got his speech again.

Alice, completely spellbound by the scene, simply stood and watched in wonder.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I coughed slightly at Titus' breath. It smelt of death. But before I could walk away, Titus got up on his hind legs and moved my hair back gently. Shocked, I stayed perfectly still as his wolf tongue licked the blood from a wound I didn't know I had. Apparently being thrown across a courtyard didn't do wonders for my head. It stung a little, especially the little barbs that all carnivores have on their tongues. They tugged slightly on my flesh, and pulled my hair, but it soothed the wound, so I let him be. I was even more shocked when his huge paw took my hand, holding it as he kept cleaning the wound. I felt extremely awkward, but I looked over at the Bosmer Valin, and Alice, grinning slightly.

I looked up to see Titus' jaw.
    "Definitely not a normal werewolf..." I murmured, so softly that I thought no-one had heard, but Titus' tail started wagging just a little faster. I smiled, then reached up and wrapped my arms around Titus' huge wolfish neck, nuzzling my face into the matted fur and relaxing, waiting for Titus to turn back.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Kvothe nodded after gazing around the ruined courtyard. An air of regret and sorrow hung over this place. He turned his silver eyes towards the temple, once a breathtaking temple to the gods of these people, it was now a monument to what once was. A bastion of dim light surrounded by grim devastation; mangled corpses that could have once been living, breathing beings and gore that made even the most battle-hardened falter. This was what surrounded it.

He turned around slowing gazing at the surroundings of the once prosperous town one last time, his companions and the carnage faded from sight as his eyes became golden. The unseen was now visible to him. His ageless eyes opening a window to what once was...children ran through the courtyard laughing and chasing one another while parents looked on with smiles. Nords, Bretons, and races of all kinds were here, even Khajiit. They met, mingled, and parted ways with more life experience and lessons. Kvothe turned as the past projections of two little girls with flowers in their hair ran past him.

He let a single tear fall, for those that no longer could. A silent and symbolic ending to the tragedy here which words would never do justice. He spoke out loud, just the silent whisper of words upon the wind. "They laughed...lived...loved...and yet in the blink of an eye...it's all gone...forever silenced...stolen...and for what?"

"Sharras mor brevana un callil," he said in a strange language shaking his black and white hair. His eyes returned to normal. He turned back to the temple, moving his right hand in intricate symbols he cast a spell confirming his earlier intuition. Without turning back to the others he spoke, "I was right. There are survivors in the church, a few but that is better than none. It seems the priests managed to erect wards to keep the dead from approaching the temple. That's why they were all here...just waiting to ambush anyone coming to save survivors. The ward will let us pass unharmed, so let's get them and get out of here."

He walked towards the chapel, the others close behind, and reached doors. The solid oak scarred from weapon blows but otherwise sturdy. He looked around and nodded wearily then...he pushed them open.

The fact they opened so easily should have been a warning.

If horror and carnage had been out there in the town...soul-crushing sorrow was within this once holy place. Blood covered worn pews where desperate prayer in final hours had gone unanswered, crimson stained the paintings that once inspired courage during these dark times, and then came those with the light of hope gone from their eyes.

They had all be slaughtered, without mercy or hesitation. They had survived the unholy horror of this undead siege only to fall within their safe haven. Husbands had died first, fighting against their assailant barehanded to protect their families. Lovers still held each other in death as they faced eternity together. Pregnant women had been impaled through their stomachs, killing them and their unborn. Mother's had shielded their children until they breathed their last. The old died before the young, pleading for the children's lives to deaf ears. Then...the children were next.

Their screams of anguish, sorrow, and terror ringing up to heaven; the gods above themselves weeping for them. Their necks had been slit or broken, others had been savagely cut down as they fled. Kvothe wept, silent tears flooded down his face, he couldn't control it. He made no sound and all was silent besides the sound of the tears falling upon defiled stone. The two Nord girls with flowers in their hair lay still nearby, their hands locked in eternal embrace. Kvothe fell to his knees and fixed their clothes, closed their eyes. He brushed the hair from the faces of the girls he had only meet in another world, he had never known them, but he had connected with them and all who had lost their lives here.

He rose slowly and turned to the others, ready to speak after composing himself. But that's when a desperate scream erupted from the end of the temple near the altar. A Nord woman, clutching a small crying bundle in her arms, was kneeling near place of pray crying out as the one responsible for everything that had transpired in this town beared down upon her and her child. The figure stepped into the ring off light closing in..........it was Yirim.

Archon_zps783db3c1.jpg

Kvothe shook his head in utter disbelief...it couldn't be. He was stunned beyond words, they all were. The hero of heroes, one of the most beloved figures in the world was responsible for so much death and horror. Standing in pure ebony armor touched by celestial gold, he stood towering over the terrified woman. Before the stunned companions could speak or react. He grabbed the newborn from the young mother's arms. The Archon looked to the swaddled bundle, then to the woman who was screaming desperately for her child or at least for it to be spared. Tears poured down the woman's face. Right up until the moment he grabbed her by the throat with his one free hand and crushed her throat. He dropped the body to the ground and turned to face the group.

His golden and ebony visage now dark compared to the light is normally represented. Holding the newborn of the mother he had just murdered in one hand, he made strange symbols with his other hand. A sword, of pure holy light, formed in his open hand. It was the sword that had been sent from the heavens just for him. There was no other like it in all of existence. It could sunder anything in the path of it's blade and could only be wielded by Yirim...and it was now tainted by the blood of innocents. He turned to Kvothe ignoring the others.

Kir the Silent

"Kvothe. I thought I sensed you." His voice was cold and unfeeling. Not even a shadow of the man once known as Archon.

Kvothe trembled and clenched his fists. He opened his mouth but no sound came out. Finally he managed one word. "Why?"

He looked down to the newborn, his face unknowable behind the helm. He spoke quietly but it echoed within the desecrated temple. "Because I must destroy evil. All evil. I have long brought light to the dark places of the world. I have fought an endless battle for true evil never really dies does it? No. It simply changes, hides. But...I have discovered a way to end evil forever. To destroy it so nothing remains but the purity of the light. Good will reign forever supreme!"

"H-how, can this-!" Kvothe gestured to the carnage around him. "Be anything but evil!?! How can you possibly justify this massacre of hundreds of innocents as a good thing!?! You even killed the children! The children! For what!?! The means of an end? How can this possibly help end evil forever? ANSWER ME DAMN YOU!"

"Such a child...you would not, could not, understand. You could not even comprehend to do what is necessary to save this world." He shook his armored head as if disappointed. "Do you truly wish to know Kvothe? Can you possibly handle this grim truth?"

He pointed his blade at Kvothe as if to emphasise his next sentence. "Everything, everyone is evil! We all harbor evil to some degree! Even our prodigy! The seeds of evil are within all! This is why evil never dies, why sorrow and horror will always plague this world. Because we keep it alive! But now I know what must be done...I see clearly now. There is only one way to end evil's hold, it's domination, over our world. Only one way to make sure it doesn't survive...only one way save us all."

He turned to the altar amid the ring of light. He raised his sword and brought it down, cleaving the stone table in half. As it fell in half something glinted in the light; a soul gem. A golden soul gem in the shape of a strange sigil. His sword vanished as he reached to pick up the skull sized gem. He placed it within his armor and his sword reappeared...which he then pointed at the quiet newborn.

"No..."

"There is but one way to end evil permanently..." -Points the blade at the newborn's heart-

"Don't..!" -He steps forward-

"To remove this dark stain upon our souls and Nirn itself..."

"Put your sword down Yirim!" -Begins running towards the altar-

"Don't you see?"

"Don't you fl*ffing dare!" -Holds a fist low as it begins to glow-

"It's so obvious..."

"DAMMIT YIRIM, DON'T!" -Draws upon energy he doesn't have, strain making his eyes and nose bleed-

"To save this world..." -Grips the hilt tight and begins to move it-

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" -Rears a flaming fist back, just a few feet away from his target-

"...I must destroy it..."

Yirim's sword pierces the newborn child's heart just as Kvothe reaches the altar. Filled with rage and sorrow beyond understanding, he moved faster than a mortal eye could track. Deadly intent in his movements.

The Archon easily stopped the glowing white fist of fire as if it was no more dangerous than a handshake. In quick succession drove his sword in Kvothe's chest as he let go of the newborn's corpse. "That includes you..........brother......."

He pulled his glowing blade from his brother's body, letting it drop with a sickening thud. The Archon turned to the others, who had been stunned in utter horror at preceding events and had yet to move from the entrance. He pointed his bloody, once-holy sword at them. "I will purify this world through the fires of destruction. Rejoice...for evil will soon be vanquished forever..."

With the end of that sentence it was as if they came back to life. As one they yelled; screams of sorrow, anger, and hate. They moved as one to attack a legend who had fallen so far grace.

Kir the Silent

Valin was the first to react. Valin saw him approaching slowly, walking even as the others rushed towards him, and readied himself one last time. His hood covered his face, and only his dark hair showed. Valin closed his eyes with a grim and icy expression, when his eyes opened they glowed a fierce red, slightly visible despite the shadow of the hood. His nails grew out, his senses heightened, and it was knew light in the world. Valin had been hoping to try this for years now, and it finally seemed to work, a perfect in between for Beast and man form.His clawed fingers reached into his pouch and pulled out a single fire blossom petal. Valin popped it into his mouth and chewed. He readied his bow and pulled back three arrows in his hand. Valin breathed out slightly, towards the arrows. Sparks flew from his mouth and danced in the air as they made their way to the arrows, circled around them, and then lit them up like stars at night.Valin focused hard, his senses supreme, and his abilities extraordinary. He noted the slight breeze within the temple, and could feel the guidance of what seemed to be Hircine himself as Valin loosed the arrows.

They flew through the sky gracefully, and time seemed to slow as he watched them as it seemed they would all hit their marks. One flew for his right eye, another for his left, and the last for the center of the Archon's forehead. But not one would strike true. Yirim cut one in half in midair flight, knocked the other aside, and caught the other before snapping it like a twig. As he dropped the broken arrow he made symbols once again with his hand, creating a spear of light. Which he then threw with unnatural speed into Valin's stomach, ending the elf's life.

Vlad feel to the ground at the same time as the elf. His mind destroyed after attempting to control the Archon's. His most powerful control spell had been child's play against the unfathomable mind he had. With his mind gone, his body forgot how to live; even breath. Thus he too passed from this world.

Fire and ice mixed to form deadly steam spewing from Astius' hands. He was the next closest to the Archon and was attempting to kill or at least slow him down. But the Archon was just casually walking through the steam that would have melted anyone else's armor and peeled the flesh from their bones. When he reached the Imperial, he caught the swing of his blade with an armored hand which Astius had drawn quickly to attack with; it's enchantment seeming to unaffect the powerful warrior. He snatched the blade away from the young battlemage and cut his throat with his own blade.

Titus, still in beast form, gave a commanding roar and charged headlong towards his opponent. He rushed in on all fours, oblivious to the other members of his group. When he was within range, he leaped towards Yirim, claws ready to strike and mouth open and ready to tear into His flesh. He flew forwards like a great furry brick, letting his inertia deliver him to his target. He was ready to rip him limb from limb and, to not only sate his gnawing hunger on his bloody corpse, but to avenge all that happened here. But even a savage beast was no match for the might of the hero of heroes who simply stepped aside and cleaved the beast in two in a single stroke; from shoulder to groin.

Alice cried out was she saw Titus fall, sorrow forming a knot in her chest. She knocked her two remaining arrows and time slowed as she had eyes only for her target. The hardened ebony bolts could break through the strongest armor, all she had to do was deliver them. She entered a state of focus that only years of practice could produce and steeled herself like only a veteran soldier could. She loosed the deadly projectiles, but they would fail as Valin's had. Making the strange symbols quickly he held up a hand to the approaching bolts. They stopped mid flight, turned around, and he sent them flying back towards their original shooter. They struck Alice full force, sending her small frame flying. She was dead before she hit the ground.

Majir-Dar had tried to sneak behind the Archon in the chaos, he had even become invisible, but that didn't stop Yirim from turning around as he closed in. He grabbed the invisible Khajiit by the throat and crushed his windpipe, tossing the cat's body to the side as he turned to face another attacker.

Dolmas was enraged. He was fury incarnate right now and rushed the Archon swinging his blades in a deadly dance that was both beautiful and horrifying. He attacked the golden figure with a flurry of strikes and for a moment, it looked as if he was doing something. Yirim finally stopped casually blocking and swung twice. Once to cut his blades in half and once more to decapitate Dolmas.

As his head rolled along the ground only Lyanna remained. Exhausted, but determined she stared down the Archon as he walked past the bodies of her slain companions as if casually taking a stroll through the woods. As he closed in on her she used the last bit of her power, fueled by tearful fury, and fired an impressive fireball directly at his face. The flame struck true and erupted in an explosion a few feet from her. For a moment she let herself hope that had ended it, but Yirim soon walked out of the blazing inferno. He walked straight up to her and stared down at her. She stared back unafraid, defiant, and said, "You'll never win."

He shoved the sword through her stomach and said coldly. "Good always prevails in the end."

She fell to the ground, the illusion of flower petals swirling around her as the Archon walked out of the doors. He turned back to temple and scoffed. He raised one hand and white fire shot from his hand. In seconds the entire temple was in flames. As he turned to leave the desolate town he spoke to himself quietly. "It must be done...for the greater good. This is the beginning of the end."

Kir the Silent

Chapter 3: Crossroads

-Awaken-

A voice speaks, but you can't place it's origin. It seems to come from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. You can't see anything. Can't hear or speak. You're in a place between a place. A place no mortal should have knowledge of. Are you dead? Are you alive? As you panic or despair, again the golden voice speaks.

-This is not the end. You have all been chosen. To be the new champions of light in these ever darkening times-

That's when you see him, amid a ray of light. A man? A god? He seems familiar...clad in armor from ancient times and smiling sadly he beckons to you. He knows your pain, your fears, and you. He was mortal once and he is here to guide you.

-You are the only hope to save Nirn. To correct the mistake of the gods themselves. We cannot directly intervene in mortal affairs. As much as I wish to sometimes. But, I can cheat-

He smiles wisely and a bit mischievously.

-There are loopholes even for the divine my friends. And this is the only way I can help........I'm sending you back. I giving you what many people wish, hope, and pray for; a second chance. Don't waste it. I ask, no. I'm man enough, well I was once, to beg. Help us, help everyone. Stop Yirim from destroying Nirn and all who exist. Everything, the future, depends on you-

-Good luck-

Kir the Silent

Kvothe awoke coughing. As if air had been forced into his dead lungs; which it had. He sat up in a panic, unsure of where he was or what was happening. He seemed to be in a clearing in some forest. He stood up, albeit it slowly and shakily. His body still sore and stiff. He took in the green surroundings, bright light filled the sky. He looked up at the blue expanse. He wondered how this place was so peaceful after the unholy events in Rorikstead. How such beauty could exist when such darkness was quickly closing in and strangling the life from the land.

He looked around and noticed a shrine in the center of the clearing, he also noticed his companions unconscious around it but beginning to stir. The statue in the middle of the shrine was Talos. His worn, stone visage seemed to look kindly down upon the returned heroes.

Placing a hand over his heart, he checked for a wound or a scar at the least. Neither was present. He seemed whole and in one piece as did the others. He walked over to the closest form, Alice he believed. They had never been properly introduced. None of them had in fact. They had all just been thrown together...and died together. He kneeled down beside the young woman and reached down to her cheek to check her vitals. He also used some restorative magics to check her more fully as well as wake her gently. Her eyes fluttered, "Welcome back to the land of the living."

EpicVakarian

My eyes snapped open. Above me was the sky, surrounded by a forest canopy, peaceful and serene. I simply laid on my back for a moment, enjoying the view, until I remembered what had happened. Swift as lightning, my hand ventured to my belly, where the Archon had pierced me with his blade. There was nothing, not even a scar. Amazed, I rubbed my eyes and pushed myself up onto my elbows, my bleary eyes surveying my surroundings. There was a shrine to Talos in the center of the clearing, with the Rorikstead group scattered around it evenly. There was Kvothe, to my right, checking on Alice. Valin, Dolmas, Majir-Dar and Vladier, they were all here. And Titus was right beside me, between me and Alice. I rolled myself over and got to my feet shakily.

I immediately fell, collapsing onto my hands. I remembered the courtyard, and I remembered the Archon. I remembered... what had it been? I had been dead, there was no doubt of that. Something, or someone, had sent me back. I couldn't help but wonder why, then I remembered what the being had said to me. A second chance, to destroy the Archon.

I crawled on my hands and knees over to where Titus lay. He was verging on waking up. I tried to speak, but all that came out was a wheezy puff, as my throat was as dry as sawdust. Instead, I simply caught Kvothe's attention and made a gesture to indicate my thirst, then looked back down at Titus and gave him a little shove, to try and speed him along his waking.

Kir the Silent

"Here, let me." Kvothe helped Alice sit up and then made his way to Lyanna. He touched a hand gently her cheek so as not to startle her. He also placed his other on Titus' chest. His arcane energy had been restored completely so infusing them with restorative energies as he had with Alice was simple. It would strengthen and repair Lyanna's throat and waken Titus. As he began to stir and she looked better, he smiled.

He moved to the others and began to wake them the same way. After he had helped everyone 'jump start' he went back over to Alice, Titus, and Lyanna where he sat down heavily with a sigh. He would have some explaining to do no doubt. And he had promised them introductions. Well being returned to life after dying alongside them was a bonding experience and he would honor their questions, suspicions, accusations, and introductions. But at their pace. He would let them interact and come to terms with what had happened. Then he would let them make the first moves in terms of conversation.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Dolmas lay motionless as his life trickled back into him.

When he finally woke, his hand immediately clutched at his neck, grasping desperately for the mark of the Archon's blade.

But not a mark remained. But how? He looked down to his side, still laying down and sighed heavily.

He couldn't say the same for his swords.

His mind went back to what had happened only moments ago, at least in Dolmas' mind.

He had watched as one by one, the others he had fought with were thrown about like ragdolls; cut through as if they were the thinnest paper.

Then he remembered what he had felt when the bastard flung Alice's arrows back at her. He had tried to save her, or at least wanted to, but his feet wouldn't move. He was scared into stiffness. The arrows pierced her instead of their intended target...then...then...

He sat up straight with clutched fists, a scream of pent up rage erupting from his lips. He remained in control, but only barely. His head sunk to look at the ground.

After a moment or so, he heard a voice come from above him. He looked up to see Kvothe standing there, looking a bit surprised by the outburst. Wait a minute. Kvothe was dead. He saw that blade go straight through him. He saw it!

Kvothe held out his hand and helped Dolmas to his feet, and Dolmas stepped away from him, confused. He took a a chance to look around at where he was.

This was not the war-torn town he remembered.

He looked at the green and bright sky, and drew a blank. Valen spoke first.

How the fl*ff did we get here?

Dolmas ignored him and studied his surroundings more, suddenly coming to an interesting question.

Was this the after life? Maybe that was why he could see Kvothe and he couldn't see either of their wounds.

He reached for his neck again, but this time felt a soreness he couldn't describe.

Could this mean...

He turned to question Kvothe, but what he saw instead made him pause. They were all there! He took a look at all the people surrounding him, and counted them all. The old man, the khajiit, the imperial mage...There they all were, alive!

Then he saw three figures next to each other, and as each of their faces came into view, he started to smile. He saw the bubble woman, clutching at her throat, surprised at something. Then he saw Titus, who had morphed back and was safe and sound himself. Kvothe sat down near them all, obscuring Dolmas' sight of the last person.

But when he saw the final face, he lost himself.

She was alive.

Without thinking, Dolmas scrambled to his feet, ignoring the pain it caused him, and started for the group. He saw Alice notice him, but she couldn't have expected what happened next.

He drew her up into his arms and held her close to him. He felt the feeling of failing her melt away.

As he did so, the feeling that this was inappropriate took it's place. He barely knew this woman, jut her name and nothing more. Was a hug too much?

Out of embarrassment, he released her, clearing his throat. "Sorry." He mumbled. "I was just..." He started, but stopped.

He was just what? What exactly had he just done?

Unable to finish his thought, he just stood there, waiting for her to berate him.

"I'm sorry." He repeated.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    One moment Valin had loosed three arrows, the next, he was gone. He was in the sky, he flew like a raven yet controlled not a single movement. Suddenly, trees came into view, then a clearing. Then, he hit the ground. Valin looked around him, it was a place he once called home, a place of safety and love, it was the clearing where his pack lived.

This was not a pleasant visit though. Suddenly in control, once again, Valin walked slowly over his pack members. The trees were stained with blood, the dirt tromped on by mortal feet. Then, like a hammer to the head, Valin saw his brothers and sisters. All of them lie dead, even now Valin could rattle off facts about them like it was falling asleep.

First he saw the twins, Ardell and Arlas, the two bosmer that Valin adopted when they were no more than fourteen. Valin kept walking and saw the one that Majiir-Dar had reminded the bosmer so much of, Dar'Nasien, a werevulture and the packs scout.

Valin was crying now, how, why, what had caused this? The tears fell from his face, yet he kept walking.

Next Valin saw Alrix the Beast, the cathay-raght. This man was Valin's closest friend, yet there he lay, his ebony armor still on him.

But it was this next body that brought Valin to his knees. There lay Cylnia, Valin's wife, he had loved her for years, and as the spear had pierced him he thought only of her. Tears came like rain, Valin screamed as he leaned over her body.

One thing distracted him however, a letter. A small piece of parchment sat in her hand, Valin grabbed it.

Dear Valin, My love.
    It has been years since I have heard from you, the pack is falling apart, and other packs are being slaughtered by vigilants. I wish I knew where you were, and I miss you dearly. If you have chosen to leave the pack behind, Goodbye.
    Love, Cylnia.
    Valin screamed... loud. He yelled and begged Hircine to bring them back, his face was soaked with tears, and in his darkest hour... a voice called out.​
    -Awaken-
    "What do you mean! Is this some kind of demented nightmare?"
    -This is not the end. You have all been chosen. To be the new champions of light in these ever darkening times-
    Valin couldn't find words, only sadness.
    -You are the only hope to save Nirn. To correct the mistake of the gods themselves. We cannot directly intervene in mortal affairs. As much as I wish to sometimes. But, I can cheat-
    "Why must I save Nirn? What has Nirn done for me? LOOK AROUND!
    -There are loopholes even for the divine my friends. And this is the only way I can help........I'm sending you back. I giving you what many people wish, hope, and pray for; a second chance. Don't waste it. I ask, no. I'm man enough, well I was once, to beg. Help us, help everyone. Stop Yirim from destroying Nirn and all who exist. Everything, the future, depends on you-
    "Answer me! Why me?! Answer me Plea-"
    -Good luck-
    Then it was over. Air was shoved into Valin's lungs. Valin opened his eyes to see Kvothe. The ranger was helped to his feet, his usual bright, powerful eyes were dull. He didn't know what to do, he seemed to be in a clearing. He wanted to run, he tried to morph but nothing happened. Valin didn't know why, but he could feel no anger or sorrow in this place, only peace.
    Valin felt a pain in his side, he looked, no scar. How could this be.
    One thing concerned Valin. He had obviously been resurrected, but was that vision real or just his imagination. Then, yet another deity's voice rang in his head... Hircine.
    "Their alive, don't worry."
    They are?! Valin thought, knowing full well Hircine could hear his thoughts.​
    "Yes, but that vision isn't just a dream. Your pack can't live while your dead. So, as a bit of advice, don't let it happen again." There was something in the tone of voice, it was a slight disappointment, but more like a father advising his son.​
    I won't. Valin thought.​
    "Good." The voice said, then leaving his head. Valin's chest burned where his tattoo was, a reminder of just another reason that the elf will never be able to receive the peace of death.​
    Valin made his way over to others, Kvothe was sitting. Valin made no eye contact with anyone, he said no words, he merely sat down next to Kvothe and waited... for something... for a reason to speak.​

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    The Imperial fixed his jaw as he witnessed what the figure who stood before the numerous dead within the chapel had done - and prepared to do. He hated this man; his talk of everyone being evil disgusted Astius. These people had done nothing, and yet now they lay massacred. It was clear who this was, from Astius' studies of history; Yirim the Archon, the man chosen by the gods to live forever and fight win their battles on Nirn. Appalled as he was, he was honestly not surprised that power bestowed by the gods had resulted in such an outcome. Yirim killed the newborn he held, and proceeded to end the lives of each and every one of his short-lived comrades. He turned his gaze to Astius.

Astius planted his feet wide and fixed his grip on his saber's handle. He drew the weapon back behind his right leg, twirling it with a flourish in his fingers. In one hand, a tiny, white-hot ball of flame blazed, and in the other a shard of ice simultaneously grew in a crystalline pattern and imploded on itself, freezing mist evaporating off the surface. Normally, one would increase the punch packed by one's spells by increasing their size; but shrinking them increased the intensity - and this was no ordinary enemy. Nothing like the giant zombie that lay dead once and for all in the square. Anything alive can be killed. Astius repeated his battle mantra internally. He stopped his blade, holding it point-to-the-floor, and merged the tiny balls of pure magical energy. Anything alive can be killed.

Steam raced out from the spaces between the Imperial's fingers and encompassed his whole body and weapon. He swung upward with incredible force and met the target of his strike, all of the unbearably hot steam that surrounded him being sucked away, almost like a vacuum, and channeled along the blade to the target; the force of the release blew back hair, and Astius' hood fell. Normally, he would put it up before anyone he didn't absolutely trust could catch a glimpse of his identity; but as little as he may have liked these people, he figured it was probably okay to leave it down.

The Archon's glistening ebony armor amazingly repelled the saber's enchantment, and the steam magic simply blew off of the ancient warrior's body. He snatched the saber from Astius, brought it around, and slit his throat.

As his eyes closed on Nirn, they opened in another realm, as a strong voice said, -Awaken-

The realm where he found himself was ethereal, glowing. -This is not the end. You have all been chosen. To be the new champions of light in these ever darkening times-

"Light? By whose definition?" Astius recalled what the Archon had done; it absolutely was evil. That did not necessarily make the alternative of whomever spoke now better. The speaker made himself visible now; he looked like a god and a man. Astius had his suspicions who this was. -You are the only hope to save Nirn. To correct the mistake of the gods themselves. We cannot directly intervene in mortal affairs. As much as I wish to sometimes. But, I can cheat-

Oh, the 'divines'? Not surprising. "You're damn right you've made a mistake! Well, 'a' mistake is understating it, but this is a big one! Not to mention that you've created a system where in, if we are to save Nirn, it's too late! We are dead!"

"True... Maybe I should relish in this. 'The weight of the world placed on my shoulders by the gods!' My, my." Astius laughed as he effectively mocked the being that was returning him from the grave. "Don't expect me to go back in your name."

-Good luck-

At least Hjalti Early-Beard is a good sport.

Astius opened his eyes once more in a forested clearing, his gear on his body and the rest of the group surrounding him. Kvothe was walking around helping up the others one by one; Astius stood up on his own and put a hand to his throat - no scar.

Pufftuff

As the Archon was focused on everyone else Vladier knew, this was his best chance. He focused as hard as he could to control the powerful being, yet he felt a chill. He knew this was bad. "You think to take my mind that easily old man." A voice echoed in his head, Vladier was stunned its impossible. "You are not nearly powerful enough you know me. We've crossed paths, you are old unnaturally so, so you have power beyond your looks but it will not be enough!" The voice boomed, popping Vladier mind like an egg and he fell. Deep into the cold embrace of his final death......

He awokened with a gasp, he had felt this same feeling of coming back from death once before; when he was turned. This time though something was different he didn't feel afflicted, he felt for the first time in a century, peace. He looked up from where he was laying to see the others begin to awaken. Kvothe, was up and about helping the other back to the realm of the living. Vladier had made this transition before he was recovering quickly. He began to follow behind Kvothe, with a tonic he had made it calmed the body, he was giving drinks to everyone as they woke up to avoid shock.

Realizing he was in the sun with relatively little discomfort, the old man frantically search his bag to find his flask safe and full. He looked to Kvothe, "So how about you explain how in Oblivion you know the Archon; on a first name basis?" pulling his hood over his head he continued. "Did you know what we were to face in there? Where in the hells are we!? I don't even know any of you. For all I know this is hell I'm just stuck here with all of you..." The angry old man knew that last statement wasn't possible but he was frustrated and confused. He had a good idea he wouldn't get answers very soon.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    The wind brushed against Majir-Dar's fur, casting beautiful, brown patterns across his body. He was perched on a tall tree with his wife Aahin. She looked at him, total bliss in her eyes, and climbed nearer to him. She gave him a deep kiss for a few seconds, then pulled back. She said, "You know you have to go back."

"What? No, I like it here... with you. In that world there is so much conflict, so much death. But here there is nothing standing between us. Not your death, not my life." He held sadness in his greenish eyes. He knew, in his heart of hearts, that she was right, but he didn't want to leave her. Here he could be away from the cruelties of mortality and see his Aahin everyday.

"You know I'm right my love." This time, her voice was getting distant. Yet she wasn't moving at all. Majir-Dar discovered that he was the one moving. He was falling to the earth, but he didn't feel the branches. He just felt the sudden rush of wind that accompanied falling from great heights. His mouth opened to let out a scream, but his lungs wouldn't allow it. All he could do was see his beautiful Aahin get more and more distant. His eye sight was getting hazier and hazier. Then, right when he was about to hit the ground, he woke up.

Majir-Dar jumped to his feet in shock. Instead of seeing his wife, he saw his comrades. He was more confused then a baby cub trying to learn how to do basic math. One second he was with his beloved, the next he was back in life. It was an extremely uncomfortable feeling, like rising out of water at sixty miles per hour. He tried gathering himself and remembering what had just happened. He could remember Yirim and... dying, he felt his neck. It had been crushed in the conflict, but now it was normal. He felt no pain, just soreness. As for Yirim, Majir-Dar knew that he had to die. The once great god was of no use to Tamriel now, and after all the pain he caused he didn't deserve the divine powers he was granted.

However, despite his confusion and almost depressed mood. He couldn't help but start getting excited. Here he was... a hero. His name would probably be recorded for all to remember. He will have all the Khajiiti he could want, or better yet. All the Dunmer he could want. Once this was over he might actually have pleasure in his life. The kind of pleasure you could usually only get from high valued prostitutes. As he daydreamed thoughts that would make a porno feel like home, his comrades were also getting accustomed to their new lives. He could see their own confusion, frustration, and emotions. The whole group was a mix of feelings, he wandered how they could ever hope to defeat a god, but waited for Kvothe to speak.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice Marie Psyrakon was dead.

He had just killed Titus. All that rage and power he gained from yielding to his beast spirit counted for nothing. The Archon simply stepped aside, raised his blade and let it carve right through Titus as he jumped through it. He crashed against the wall in two bloody halves, from skull to groin. This monster, and he was a monster, had taken Alice's other half. Her only remaining brother and her best friend. Her own rage exploded but she contained it, let it harden into a spike-shaped ruby. She imbued her last two arrows, special ultra-hard ebony ones, with this ruby. She would fire at the Archon and it would destroy him.

It was all for nothing.

The Archon had stopped the arrows as if they were air and sent them right back at Alice. She was impaled by her own arrows. One in the stomach one in the heart. She was dead before she hit the chapel floor.

It's said that when you die your life flashes before your eyes. For Alice and her mystic gifts this was literal. Every moment of her twenty-eight years of life flooded her mind as she was shot toward Aetherius. She was now in the realm she had visited so often in her life, where she Saw so much from. She saw Lyanna's last stand. the Archon consuming Rorikstead in a sphere of white fire, like a great bomb erasing it from the earth. Her father Simus feeling the death of his baby boy and little faerie. He cried out in pain and anguish. Years turned into moments and he became lethargic. Lost. Without hope. There was nothing her little sisters Cilla and Mila or their stepmother Carlotta could do. He stopped eating and his body shut down quietly. Simus Psyrakon would die of a broken heart.

It was too terrible to watch but Alice couldn't stop herself. She saw...everything. The entire universe was hers to know. This would have probably killed her if she weren't already dead. Or at the very least driven her mad. Now it didn't matter much. She was hurtling toward a steadily brighter star, getting bigger and bigger s she approached. It was a bright blue and beautiful. Soon it consumed her vision and she knew she would be swallowed by it yet she felt no heat. No burning. She merged with the star and found herself outside of time. Outside of...existence.

-Awaken-

Alice saw a man. A Nord. The most recognizable Nord in existence and the god of her, her father and half their family. Talos.

"Praise Talos." Alice whispered in awe. "You're...Talos." Titus was next to her. She just now saw him. "I couldn't believe it myself. The gods really exist." The others were around them too but neither could hear them.

"Cheat? What, like cheat death? It's a little late for that bucko!"

"Titus! You can't backtalk to a GOD! That's like....REALLY bad!"

"I'm a werewolf Alice! By all rights I shouldn't even BE HERE! Not that I'm complaining. I didn't really want to spend an eternity with Hircine, but this is a bit unexpected."

"Yeah, I suppose it is. Talos...My Lord...how can you 'cheat?'"

"It shall be done My Lord. Thank You."

"Uhh...yeah...okay."

-Good luck-

The others faded but the twins stayed. They looked at each other in both confusion and panic. Were they not supposed to be heroes like everyone else? Were they really dead!? Suddenly though they found themselves in a meadow bathed in ethereal, beautiful sunlight. There was a shrine to Talos in the center. Talos himself was waiting for them on the steps. Seeing nothing else to do they stepped forward.

"Hello Alice. Titus. I'm guessing you're wondering why you're still here."

"Uh...yeah. I'm wondering why I'm here at all. I saw the Companions. My pack. They burned me on a pyre to bid me farewell but Skjor never really recovered. Our father, Simus, he was just...he gave up on life. There was nothing our family could do. He died of a broken heart."

"I saw that too. That's not going to happen is it!? Please! Please don't say so! Please mighty Talos, he's been a devout worshipers all his life! don't let him die like that!"

"It's all right Alice." Talos said soothingly, taking her hands into hers. She immediately felt reassured. Safe. The presence of a god did that she supposed. "No your father isn't going to die like that, yes I've been watching over him and all of you for a very long time and yes you're going home to Nirn. Just not yet. There's someone who's been waiting a very long time to see you two again and I promised her an opportunity."

"Did you say...her? It...It couldn't possibly be..."

A middle-aged woman stepped down the steps of the shrine in a long blue workdress. She had black shoulder length hair, Alice and Titus' hair. She had their faces too just with more wrinkles. There wasn't a wound on her body, not like her death. Alice couldn't believe it but the woman's eyes showed her that this miracle was true.

"Hello little faerie." She said with a warm smile.

"MAAAAMAAAA!" Alice cried, tears of joy gushing down her face. She ran into her mother's arms and she lovingly accepted. Alice and her family had watched their mother die after buying them enough time to escape from the Thalmor in the Jerrall Mountains in northern Cyrodiil. Out of all four, now three, Psyrakon children Alice took it by far the hardest. She had never fully recovered and seeing her mother here and now was nothing less than a miracle. Titus knew this and let Alice have her space. He loved his mother just as much as his sister but he had accepted her death long ago. Seeing her now was...weird.

"Oh mama! Mama! I can't believe it's really you! I'm so sorry about what happened to you! It was my fault! I was too slow and..."

"Shhhh...shhhh...It's okay Alice. My death was not your fault. You guys survived because of me, as it should be. You nearly got yourself killed trying to save me. I'm touched by your love sweetheart but that wasn't very smart. How would your dad have acted if he'd lost you?"

"Probably the same way as when he lost Stephen a year later." Alice said with a sniffle while clinging to her mother like she was still a child. "I'm sorry mama. Where is Stephen anyway?"

"You're alive and it's all in the past. I forgive you. Stephen found his way here but he's not currently here right now. He's studying magic under Juliannos."

"That sounds like him." Alice smiled. Her mother gently let go and walked over to Titus, giving him a big hug. "Look, mom, it's great to see you and all, but this is way too weird. If Alice and I are supposed to go back then I'd like to get on with it. Why am I even here anyway?"

"You're here Titus because Hircine isn't stupid enough to go to war with me over one soul. Your mother wanted me to claim you at death so I did so. I'll do so again when your time truly comes. It won't be for a while so don't worry about it now."

"Thanks. I'd rather not be a daedra dog for eternity. Won't I have to, like, fight my wolf spirit or something? That's what Kodlak did when he died."

"Like I said, don't worry about it now. It'll all sort itself out in time, and you both will have plenty of it before we see each other again. Amy, we need to wrap it up. These two have their lives to get back to."

"Right." She hugged both her children. "You've both been so brave, and you've grown up so much. I will always be with you and I will always love you. Tell your dad that I love him and that I hear his prayers. Carlotta's a good woman. I'm glad they found each other."

The twins started to fade, their souls being pulled back to the world of the living.

"I will! I love you mom! I'll see you when I see you!"

"I love you mama! I love you so much!"

"I love you too Alice! Never forget that!" Amy shouted over the spectral wind pulling them back.

"Good luck to both of you! Don't waste your second chance! Remember what you've learned today! It can save you! Find a shrine to me and I will hear your prayers!"

The twins could barely hear them as they were pulled into blackness.

Titus woke up first. Lyanna was looking down at him, crawling. She tried to speak but only gave a wheezy puff. Titus looked down at his body. He was no longer wolf and he was whole again. He was also stark naked. He then remembered all the terrible things he almost did as a beast and tears rolled down his face. He sat up and without thinking he hugged Lyanna and started crying into her shoulder.

Alice woke up next, greeted by Kvothe. "Welcome back to the land of the living." He said as she tried to get up. She was sore, so very sore. Her whole body ached as if she had just got done with a hard day's labor. "Here, let me." Kvothe helped her into a sitting position and she could see Lyanna and Titus next to her. They looked just as tired and sore as she was and Titus was crying into Lyanna's arms. She didn't blame him, not after what he had done as a beast and after what they had just experienced. Dolmas came over and helped her up.

She couldn't believe it. He was alive. They were all alive. Dolmas was a nice guy and Alice was relieved to see him. No, more than relieved. He was a fellow misfit. A kindred spirit. It didn't matter why and now she supposed she was in a position to find out. She felt...connected to him and really cared about him for some reason even though they barely knew each other. He scooped her up in his arms and hugged her tightly. She was completely taken aback by this but welcomed it immensely. He put her down and looked both shocked and apologetic. As if he had crossed some unspeakable line and had now lost her trust. Nothing could be further from the truth.

"Sorry...I was just...I'm sorry." He stuttered. Then it was Alice's turn to do something unexpected. She wrapped her arms around Dolmas and kissed him, right on the mouth. Emotion overcame her after that. Everything had caught up with her in one moment. She couldn't cope with what had just happened. She hid into Dolmas' chest as tears spilled out of her eyes.

"Mama...mama..." She moaned.

EpicVakarian

I was shocked when Titus started to cry, and even more shocked when he embraced me, burrowing his head into my shoulder and weeping. I opened my mouth to say something, then closed it again. I patted his back awkwardly, letting him cry. I assumed he was crying because of his acts as a wolf, so I bent my neck to lower my mouth to his ear.
    "You didn't get me. We're all okay, that's all that matters. And for the record..." I put my palms on his cheeks, raising his head. I slowly bent in, giving him a gentle kiss and then retreating. "You could be werewolf, vampire, whatever; I don't care. Just so long as you don't try to tear into me again." I smiled weakly at Titus, winking, then hugged him again, seeing Alice throw herself into Dolmas' arms and kiss him too. It seemed as though dying had a tendency of kick-starting romance. I gave a look at Kvothe, mouthing "What in the hells happened?"

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    No reprimand came. No look of disgust or discomfort.

If anything she looked...pleased.

Seems I'm not the only odd one here. He thought with a soft, nervous chuckle.

He refused to look her into the eye, still, as he wasn't sure if this was how he should have greeted her so quickly after-

A pair of arms wrapped around Dolmas, and as he looked up toward Alice he could see her coming closer, but couldn't react in time.

She planted a kiss on Dolmas' lips, and time came to an abrupt halt.

The kiss sent a rippling shock-wave racing throughout his body, overloading every nerve he had, even some he wasn't even aware existed.

But something much, much scarier happened next.

The loud, obnoxious sounds of Valen. The constant roars of the the savage beast. All the white noise he would hear when they weren't there. It all stopped. For the first time since he was a boy, the prison that adorned his shoulders fell silent.

The sounds began to return shortly after, but they were noticeably softer now. Almost as if they were as shocked as he was.

When she released him, he was still like a statue, unsure of how to respond.

Alice laid her head against his chest, sobbing unashamedly. Dolmas was at first sure that her jolt back into life was the cause, but after listening to her wails, he picked up a word, the same word, over and over.

"Mama...mama..."

At first, Dolmas was confused as to why she was calling for her mama. His eyes examined her as she continued to release her grief, but his mind couldn't decipher the cause of this tearful out burst.

Had she seen something when she passed from this world? It was a strange thought, even for Dolmas. But considering they had just been brought back to life by a ascended god whose existence he questioned, he wouldn't be surprised.

Instead of trying to understand or question what was happening, he wrapped his arms around her again and held her close as she wept.

"It's alright." He assured, still holding her to him. He held the back of her head gingerly with his hand, not quite sure if it was comforting or not. But he said it again, just loud enough for her to hear. "It's alright."

Kir the Silent

Kvothe sighed and stood up stiffly. He looked to everyone, their faces filled with confusion and suspicion. Some crying, some watching. He brushed some of his air from his face and spoke. "Well, I'm sure you all have your fair share of questions. So let's see if I can put a few to rest."

"My name is Kvothe Usarius." He paused a moment before continuing, "Yirim the Archon, well...he's my brother. Yes, I withheld that from you. No, it didn't matter because it wasn't relevant. No, I didn't realize he was responsible. I was just as...horrified as all of you...maybe even more so. I think we are soe in Falkreath, but I don't know the exact location. From the position of the stars fading with the dawn, we were dead for roughly four months. Who knows what he could have done in that amount of time."

He looked down and sighed again. "I also don't know why a god would help us or what my brother is up too...but I do know I'm going to stop him. Somehow."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Astius listened as Kvothe came clean about some personal details that had been left out until the Archon showed up. "From the position of the stars fading with the dawn, we were dead for roughly four months. Who knows what he could have done in that amount of time."

Four months? Astius looked up at the sky to see for himself. That's about right, I suppose. No way Hjalti couldn't have put us back in our bodies within a week or so? Astius knew the movements of the stars and moons well, so he could tell that Kvothe spoke accurately - unfortunately. After four months, where might his gear and belongings be? Probably on the gray market, and if he was lucky, not yet sold- nevermind. His sturdy carrying case was leaned against a nearby tree. He walked over to retrieve it before returning to the others, and speaking up. "Four months, then. What now? Do we pursue the Archon right away, or try to learn what's happened as long as we've been gone." The Imperial noticed his hood was still down, his fierce, almost chiseled face on display, framed by his medium-short copper and brown hair; he made no motion to put it back up. Might as well let these people know who I am, because no matter what I think of them, I'm going after the Archon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts