• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    The Executioner was engaged with Kvothe as the others fought valiantly against the endless horde. Kvothe had finally figured out why they had yet to then the ranks...the ones they slew rose to fight once again, their mangled bodies repairing themselves in gruesome ways. Arms twisting, bones snapping and warping to make the broken corpses move. Carrion and gore falling off them, yet they still kept coming. He backflipped, dodging another deadly swing of the Executioner's bloody blade, trying to figure out the best way to destroy the black soul gem in the behemoth's head.

Kvothe took a hit from a rusty mace on his left leg, the ebony armor protected him from the majority of the blow but it would bruise badly. It might even be fractured. Sending out a wave of burning arcane energy, he charred and knocked back any undead around him creating an opening.

He looked around and saw the majority of his companions engaged with most of the undead. It was now or never. Using the last of his arcane energy he augmented his legs for inhuman agility. Crouching low he held one hand to the ground and gripped it's wrist with his other hand. He started chanting in a strange language as the Executioner began to bear down upon him, eyeless sockets glowing and filled with unholy rage.

His hand began to smoke...his muscles rippled as if under strain. He was breathing heavily but kept chanting, blood coming from his nose. His had suddenly burst in red hot flame. But he didn't stop there, he continued chanting as the Executioner readied his blade to slice the fleshling in two. The gargantuan axe moved with blinding speed. But at that moment the flame became white hot, blinding to look at directly. Kvothe's eyes snapped open. The world slowed down. Thanks to his companions, he knew what to do.

The axe slammed down into the stone, dust flying into the air. To anyone watching it would appear the strange mage was dead. Moving with unnatural speed, Kvothe burst from the cloud of dust. Circling around behind the giant he scream as he rushed forward, burning fist slamming into the Executioner's left leg. Thanks to Lyanna it's armor was weak, shattering like glass against the burning force; the bones in the brute's leg broke instantly. His hulking form went down to one knee, but Kvothe was far from done. His allies had built the bridge to victory, he just had to cross it. The Executioner was still able to attack and swung twice. One managed glace Kvothe's back, leaving a shallow wound but one that bleed greatly, and the other went wide as he circled to the giant's right arm; the one which held the behemoth's weapon. With an opening, he attacked the shoulder weakened from Valin's arrows. The white fire melted and broke through the armor, the blow severing the abominations right arm.

Now on his knees, his weapon discarded, it was time to end this battle. Sliding backward several feet he stared down the beast...it's empty eye sockets stared back; rage and evil radiating from it's glare, defiant until the end. Kvothe squatted low and then launched into the air. He fell from a dozen feet above the Executioner, fist ready to strike, and then? He slammed his fist down as hard as he could.

Metal, bone, and gem exploded. The momentum and magic ending the Executioner's reign of terror. As soon as the black soul gem was broken, every unded in the courtyard fell to the ground. It was only when he was sure it was over, that Kvothe collapsed as well. All arcane energy and adrenaline gone, giving in to his wounds and exhaustion. He fell forward next to the body of the once powerful Executioner.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Astius kept up the pace of his furious attack on the onslaught of undead, aware of everything going on around him but a little too preoccupied at the moment to deal with his allies. It was a good thing he was trained to peak physical condition, and could keep up his flurry of slashes from his saber and blasts of scalding steam. In his peripheral vision, he saw the old man he had argued with - Vladier, he thought he heard him called - rush into a nearby house and yell, "...if anyone sees my flask grab it." Astius eviscerated three corpses rushing him and looked over to see Kvothe channeling some strange magic. He took off at lighting speed, hitting the giant in all its weakest spots, and finally crushing the soul gem in its skull. All the corpses fell dead, once and for all.

Gleaming in the moonlight, Astius spotted the old man's flask. Its cap was unscrewed, and the Imperial saw a single red drop drip from the edge as he moved to pick it up. Interesting group we have here. A vampire, and... two werewolves. He looked over to see the Bosmer, Valin, speaking to a prostrate werewolf. He glanced around and saw that, sure enough, the Imperial named Titus was nowhere to be seen. Astius didn't like Kvothe, but he had to admit he had skill.

Astius headed into the house where Vladier had been headed and found him watching the door with the Khajiit laying on the ground, bleeding. He had seen the cat casting spells, but he doubted that the mage was in any condition to heal himself at the moment. Silently, the Imperial produced a small vial of a strong healing solution and put it to the Khajiit's lips, the Khajiit taking it in his hands and slowly downing it. Meanwhile, Astius turned to Vladier and held up the flask. "You have an interesting taste in beverages," was all he said.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Dolmas continued to fight, harder than he ever had before. The undead we're rebuilding themselves, and it was only a matter of time before it all became too much.

The old man was bogged down from exhaustion, odds are from reanimating so many of their enemies before they could reanimate themselves.

The woman he had saved ended up getting hurt from his shoulder bashing into her waist. Not only that, but she was also hacked in the legs only moments later. As he saw the blood pour, Dolmas began to wonder if he had truly saved her at all.

The small khajiit had gotten surrounded by undead and, even after mostly clearing the monsters, was greatly injured. Even if someone went to help him, they would have been overwhelmed in moments.

Dolmas truly believed this was the end.

As if to remind him that he where he was, one of the undead limped over to him and bashed him in the chest with its shield. Dolmas was knocked off of his feet, and he was gasping for breath. Now it was his turn to go.

The undead responsible stood over him, inspecting its kill. Dolmas lay there motionless, waiting for its blade to end his suffering. The draugr remained motionless itself, then looked off into the distance. It growled at whatever the disturbance was, and Dolmas grew uneasy. What was it looking-?

A look toward that direction showed the mystic Kvothe leaping in the air toward a broken behemoth.

Dolmas eyes blinked from his weakness, and when he opened them again, the behemoth was bursting into pieces.

He looked over toward his attacker, only to see the draugr collapse before him, along with any others standing around them. Dolmas scrambled to his feet, clutching at his chest, still out of breath. There were no more undead trying to surround them. No more wild axe swings or gnashing jaws. It was over.

They had survived.

He turned about to do a head count, seeing that everyone, including the wolf Titus, was accounted for. However, that didn't mean that they were still breathing, as many of them were lying about.

The mystic lay there, looking as beaten as the undead themselves. Whatever he had done must have taken a lot of energy, as the mystic was as still as the dead themselves.

He saw the imperial going to check up on the khajiit and the old man. The wolf was still in Valen's company, which made Dolmas question what that bosmer was. The woman was looking at her injury. Alice seemed to be in good shape.

He debated who to check on first.

After some deliberation, he stumbled over to their makeshift leader, and inspected him to see if he was still breathing. When the inspection proved positive for life, Dolmas sighed in relief. He flipped the man over, removing his tattered jacket and placing it under the wounded spot on Kvothe's back, hoping it would not only keep it from getting infected, but also to somewhat slow the blood flow. He wasn't sure if it would work, but he didn't think he could do much else.

Dolmas felt a force coming upon him, and he didn't have time to brace for it. Valen got in for a split second and chuckled softly, looking at the wounded Kvothe.

"How about we lead with that move next time, Magic man?"

Dolmas took back control and shook his head, trying to focus. "Sorry."

He turned to shout aloud, for the others to hear. "Kvothe's down. Anybody have any way to treat him?"

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    "I do."

My voice rasped over the courtyard, and I coughed as I spoke.
    Fool, I told myself. You're barely walking yourself. You can't heal him yet. You have to recover.

But I propped myself up, hobbling over to the Dunmer and Kvothe. I held a hand over Kvothe's heart, and cast a restoration spell. I poured energy into the man, feeling myself grow weaker by the second, but I kept going. I cast the spell until I collapsed backwards, seeing the Dunmer look over me before I blacked out. I hoped Kvothe was okay, and that my foolish move hadn't been for nothing.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    "I do." A raspy voice replied. Dolmas looked up to see the woman who spoke, and felt a pang of doubt as she coughed.

Dolmas didn't think she was well enough to be healing anyone. And from the look on her face, she didn't seem to sure, herself. Dolmas allowed it, as she looked to be too bent on helping the mystic to be turned away.

The woman propped her self up on the ground after limping her way over, and laid a hand over the mystic's chest. Within moments, a pure, almost holy energy seeped from her fingertips into the man's body.

Within moments the man's wounds began to look better, but not perfect. Dolmas didn't expect them to, as the woman looked to be fading in and out of consciousness as she healed him.

Just as predicted, the woman passed out from magical exhaustion, just as Kvothe's wounds were closing. Dolmas tried to catch her from falling over, but he didn't get there quick enough, and she hit the ground with a small thud.

Dolmas began tried his best not to panic as he reached under the man for a clean part of his jacket. When he got a good length of one of the sleeves, he tore it off and quickly wrapped her leg in a makeshift tourniquet. The blood flow slowed, and Dolmas sighed with some relief. He sat them up against a piece of rubble that looked to be part of a guard tower. He laid them against it so their backs were straight, and placed a small rock under the woman's foot, to keep it elevated.

He sat next to them after doing this and waited for someone to come to help. HE would have called again, but he didn't want the others to neglect the khajiit. His wounds were grave, if Dolmas had recalled correctly. So he just waited.

He had done all he could.

Kir the Silent

Kvothe woke from a dreamless sleep to see the old man, the woman, and the bosmer nearby. The dead...were finally at rest. He felt strange magic within him and looked to the unconscious woman on the ground. He shook his head, partially amazed she could have healed him even a small amount in her condition. The words of the bosmer, Dolmas, finally registered. "How about we lead with that move next time, magic man?"

"I can't do it often." He smiled, the action making him wince. "I would if could. But Pheonix Rising requires an immense amount of arcane energy. In fact, it can consume one's life force if one is not careful. And even then if I had not known about the gem, along with everyone weakening points in it's armor, I might have failed still."

He looked to the woman and shook his head. He started to rise, slowly making his way to her. He spoke softly, "She really shouldn't have done that. Foreign magics are rapidly absorbed into my body, she could have died from exertion alone not to mention my body's ability to devour it. Though...I do thank you my lady."

"Dolmas was it? I dropped a pouch near the big guy's body." He motioned towards a black silk bag lying a few feet away. "Would you mind tossing it over here? I should have a few salves and some herbs. Combined properly I can have her up and walking in minutes..."

He winced again as he straightened the woman's clothes as to keep her covered, "Along with myself."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    After sitting for another moment, Kvothe broke the silence, responding to what Valen had managed to say earlier.​
    "I can't do it often." The man smiled, but Dolmas could tell it hurt to. "I would if could. But Phoenix Rising requires an immense amount of arcane energy. In fact, it can consume one's life force if one is not careful. And even then if I had not known about the gem, along with everyone weakening points in it's armor, I might have failed still."
    The mystic's attention turned from him to the woman, who wa passed out next to him. He made a disapproving frown, before speaking again.​
    "She really shouldn't have done that. Foreign magics are rapidly absorbed into my body, she could have died from exertion alone not to mention my body's ability to devour it. Though...I do thank you my lady."
    Dolmas was about to speak, but the Mystic beat him to it.​
    "Dolmas was it? I dropped a pouch near the big guy's body."
    He stopped to motion toward the behemoth, but was actually pointing at a black bag of sorts next to it.​
    "Would you mind tossing it over here? I should have a few salves and some herbs. Combined properly I can have her up and walking in minutes...Along with myself."
    Dolmas nodded, still clutching at his chest. "As long as you promise he's not getting up for a round two."
    Focusing on his task, he stumbled over to the monster, spitting on it before grabbing for the bag. He turned to face Kvothe and handed it him.
    "Here." He said simply.

Pufftuff

Vladier almost unconscious watched in awe. All he could really make out was a blinding white light then the young Breton appeared, as a blast of magic energy came from the behemoth it slightly revitalized Vladier. He stood to see the giant undead and Kvothe fall to the ground, Kvothe got up bleeding from his back. Still recovering Vladier was looking frantically for his flask he needed it bad. The unholy rain was starting ease up now.

"You have an interesting taste in beverages," The Imperial, that he had argued with earlier said as he handed the ornate flask to Vladier. Quickly he took a large swig. "I can explain, but I'd rather tell the whole group." He said softly to just the Imperial, Vladier hoped after this fight maybe they would see past his affliction. Vladier felt instantly rejuvenated, he turned to see the group helping each other heal their wounds. An alchemist by trade, Vladier had pretty much anything they needed, "I have potions and tonics if anyone needs." he offered to the group. "Even some drink if you need. Once everyone is in traveling condition i suggest we leave. I have a camp set up a little ways away from the town. I think we could all use a break from the stench."

EpicVakarian

My eyes opened slightly, and the world was a greyish haze through the slits between my eyelids. I could see Kvothe crouching in front of me, wincing. He was murmuring to me quietly.
    "I do thank you my lady." I opened my eyes wider, looking up at Kvothe and the Dunmer, who I now heard was Dolmas. I was still too weak to move, so I simply looked and listened as they spoke.

Kvothe was given a pouch full of salves by Dolmas, and he came to me. He reached down to my skirt and pulled it further over my legs, making sure I wasn't on show. Then he pulled my shirts upwards, keeping my chest contained. He put two fingers in the salve, and rubbed them over the wound on my leg, just above the hem of my thighboot, and very high up my thigh. I could see it was awkward for Kvothe. I winced as the gel touched the cut, and then forced my jaws shut as the wound knit itself together. It was incredibly uncomfortable, but I felt some energy returning to me, so I leaned back and waited for the sensation to be over.

After it was done, I leaned forward to Kvothe and kissed his cheek, murmuring in his ear,
    "Thank you." I wasn't trying to tempt him, nor was I attempting to lure him under my skirt. It was a purely innocent thank you, but I wasn't sure he had gotten that part, so I grimaced at him and went to examine the giant's body, trying to discern what sorcery had brought it to life.

Kir the Silent

"Thanks and trust me, he won't be getting up again." Kvothe said with a nod. He pulled her shirts upwards, keeping her chest contained. He put two fingers in the salve, and rubbed them over the wound on her leg, just above the hem of her thigh boot, and very high up her thigh. It was a bit awkward for Kvothe, but her health was paramount and he knew he was being foolish. She winced as the gel touched the cut and forced her jaws shut as the wound knit itself together. She leaned back as the salve and herbs infused energy into her weakened body..

After it was done surprising him greatly, she leaned forward to Kvothe and kissed his cheek, murmuring in his ear, "Thank you."

He could tell it was an innocent gesture, but still couldn't resist a small smile and nodded at her thanks. She went off to examine the Executioner's body and he turned back to Dolmas. "Would you mind gathering the others? We need to attend to the survivors in the chapel and then get out of this damned place."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Dolmas turned away from the two as Kvothe tended to her, to be sure he minded his own business.

He heard a pause in the sounds behind him, then a murmered thanks. Within moments, the woman was walking again, this time toward the behemoth, probably to study it a bit closer. Dolmas continued to face the other way until his eyes spotted Alice again.

Before he could speak however the man spoke aloud, this time to him.

"Would you mind gathering the others? We need to attend to the survivors in the chapel and get out of this damned place?"

Dolmas nodded and stood to his feet, his body finally back in semi-working order.

"You won't have to ask me twice. Sooner we're out of here, the better."

Dolmas headed over to where the old man was tending to the young cat, who looked a little better than before but not much. The imperial was here also, and looked to be aiding the old man. Maybe Dolmas had judged the man too soon. He cleared this throat to get their attention and spoke quickly.

"Do what you can for him, but we need to be moving soon. Gotta get those survivors out of here."

He thought about what he had said, and felt that it came off as rude. To fix this, he looked to the khajiit and patted him on the shoulder gently, not sure where else he was injured.

"Don't worry. We'll be out of here soon." He said with a half smile, before getting back up to find the others.

He then turned to see the bosmer and the wolf, who were still speaking, if you could call it that. The bosmer had not only gotten the wolf to cool down, but to sit and watch him obediently.

Maybe I could speak to him about how to control my wolf problem. Maybe after this mess is all over.

He was about to whistle them over, but noticed that they were already heading toward where Kvothe was. They must have heard Kvothe say it to Dolmas, even though they were a good distance away. Interesting.

Now that most of the group was getting ready to head over to Kvothe, he turned and looked to find Alice again, who he hadn't spoken to since they got on the rooftop.

When he found her, she seemed a bit preoccupied, seeming to be watching her brother and the bosmer. Dolmas stepped up to where she was and spoke softly. "How are you holding up?"

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Valin smiled at the obedience of Titus, but his joy was only heightened as he saw kvothe destroy the monster in a magical display of fire.

Valin heard Kvothe mention the group meeting up, and Valin nodded at Titus before walking over to the others.

The ranger placed his bow back around his body and began to relax a bit. There others would surely be just as tired as he was, he was happy the enemy seemed to have died off.

Valin reminded himself to find a hawk as soon as he could. Cylnia would surely wonder why her husband was gone for so long, and he didn't need her putting herself in danger by coming to skyrim.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice was amazed that Valin was able to command Titus so obediently. Only a few key people could bring him to heel while shifted and they were all either family, close friends or direct superiors. Heeding a total stranger, even a werewolf was nothing less than astonishing. This mer had to be a powerful and confidant alpha male in whatever pack he led and Alice was grateful for his presence. As for Kavothe's victory over the Executioner, Alice had a hard time believing such a monster was really dead. She kept waiting for it to get back up and kill them all. They were all so tired or wounded that they could put up little fight. She heard Dolmas softly speak to her.

"How are you holding up?"

Alice looked to him with a worried expression. Something was wrong with this mer's mind, she saw it in the way he fought. He was almost gleeful in the way he carved up the drauger into unnecessarily small pieces and danced around the Executioner as if he were an effigy of King Olaf.

What happened to you back there?"

Titus meanwhile also realized the battle was over and had been sitting for over a minute, waiting for the greater wolf to say something. He would probably collapse from exhaustion after his shift ended and he had so many cuts, slashes and bruises that he would be in real trouble once his body reverted back to its human form. He licked his wounds while he waited, whimpering at the pain. Then he cocked his head and waited for Valin to say something.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Valin caught himself almost leaving Titus behind. He turned to the wolf and spoke out to him. "We had better group up with the others." Valin said to the wolf. The ranger then walked over to the rest. He watched as the dunmer gathered the rest and how Kvothe waited so patiently.

Valin wondered if there would be more enemies within the church. He was out of fire arrows and didn't feel the need to make more, he hoped there would be no more undead.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Majir-Dar's eyes creaked open until he could see his surroundings, at first they were blurred but they soon came into focus. He found himself drinking a health potion given to him by one of his allies. The day's events crashed into his mind like a freight train. The mother, the children... All were dead, but for how long? He soon found the courage to try and stand, his leg was feeling better, but it wasn't completely healed. He walked over to the door of the house. Directly above the door's archway was an oak slab that read Agathe. Majir-Dar could only assume that it was the family name. Now he knew their name and their faces before and after death. Holding back tears, he stepped outside. He was prepared to fight more undead but was greatly relieved when he found the behemoth's limp body decomposing beside its axe. All seemed well enough, as the lesser undead finally stopped rising from their graves.

However, all was not well with Majir-Dar. He found himself in a state of discontent. He didn't feel accomplished or an overwhelming sense of pride or joy. He felt mourning. He found himself sad, for those that had lost their lives to the barbaric swords of the undead. He found himself sad, for the families that were torn apart by their rusted axes. He found himself sad, for the children that had all died, too early to know what death truly was.

Majir-Dar walked around the buildings. He was searching for the family he killed. The others in the group may have been calling to him, he couldn't tell or care. He soon found the family he slaughtered in his own self-defense. The boy, girl, and mother were in a state of decay. Whatever flesh was left on their blackened bones was charred in a grueling effect. He, again, attempted to hold back tears of pain and sadness. However, the great depression soon overwhelmed his senses and he collapsed to his knees. His left knee landed on the boy's discarded brain, and as it crashed into the flesh, a resounding splat filled the air. Majir-Dar just stared at the family, tears trickling down into his brown fur.

After a few minutes, or maybe hours (Majir-Dar had lost all sense of time at this point) had passed. He got up and started digging a hole. He felt his arms and legs move the earth form its home, almost like they were possessed by the spirits of the dead around him. He kept digging until the hole's earthen walls were above his head. He then climbed out of the tomb, getting the corpses ready for their new resting place in the ground. The bodies were stripped of their charred clothing, flesh stuck to the cloth as it was ripped away. Majir-Dar then let the bodies roll into their tomb splat, splunk, and thunk sounds filled Majir-Dar's senses as they landed on the hard earth of the tomb. Then, he began the process of placing the dirt on top of the bodies. After a few minutes of work, the dirt covered the corpses, and Majir-Dar looked at his handiwork. He still felt it was incomplete, and soon realized the one missing piece to the puzzle. Nightshade. Majir-Dar realized that he needed nightshade for the burial to be complete.

He walked back to the group and approached the man, Vladier, and asked with cold, dead eyes, "Do... do you have any nightshade I could use? I... really need some nightshade... I don't have anything to pay you with but I would be really thankful."

Pufftuff

The Khajiit had wandered off for a period, it wasn't to long but, long enough to notice. He came back from around the house that he had been injured in. Walked up to Vladier and asked, "Do... do you have any nightshade I could use? I... really need some nightshade... I don't have anything to pay you with but I would be really thankful." Vladier had an idea what it was for but didn't ask he handed the Khajiit a bushel of Nightshade. "Whatever you need." He said in a consoling tone.

The Dunmer was rounding up the group, Vladier followed and walked towards Kvothe. He was hoping that they would be out of this Gods-forsaken-hell hole sooner than later. The young Breton was talking about survivors, "I can't imagine many survivors are left with that thing wondering about, much less in a big group easy to end." the old man thought to himself. Vladier had a tendency to be the morbid one maybe its cause of his chosen magical talents. He spoke up, "We need to have a plan both for if there are survivors, but also if they are turned. I suggest we just torch the church got to be safe. What if we let this evil walk right out into Skyrim?" knowing it sounded cold but he had been around long enough to not even flinch saying these words.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Even though the battle was over, Titus wasn't able to shift back. For the moment he was a creature of instinct and emotion and that meant he would not let his guard down in this place of danger. He could be viewed as being trapped in his beast form but his wolf spirit was protecting him. He had suffered enough wounds to where he would have bled out if he were human. Yet they simply scabbed over. The bites he suffered, the marks still visible in his fur, would kill and turn any human but he was immune to almost all known diseases. In truth he thanked the wolf spirit from the small corner of his mind that he still owned, knowing that he would get his body back as as soon as they were safe. He would shift back, pass out, Alice would take care of him, along with maybe some of the others and all would be well. Right now he would enjoy the freedom.

Everyone was standing around talking and Titus was getting impatient. A werewolf's body was made to move, not to stand still. He began fidgeting, moving his arms and legs as much as possible to try and keep them from getting restless. He wanted to run, or hunt, or smash more drauger or tear down a building. He just wanted to do something other than sit around and be bored.

He began scratching behind his right ear with his hind leg, trying to remove a bit of rotten flesh that got stuck behind it. He couldn't quite reach it and gave a low growl in frustration. Alice noticed this and gave a chuckle. Titus was extremely dangerous in beast form but his good heart still shined through. He was more like a puppy than a rabid dog and it was funny to watch him act like one. Sometimes he would curl up with their little sister Cilla while shifted and became a giant stuffed animal for her. THAT was always cute. Dolmas still hadn't answered her question and he looked upset for it so she gave him a minute to respond, heading over to Titus.

"What is it boy?" She asked playfully as if addressing a puppy with an empty food bowel. "Got something you can't reach?" She held him still and removed the bit of rotten flesh, thankful for her tight leather gloves. "There you go." She said smiling. Titus barked happily and Alice started scratching behind his ears. Beast or human Titus loved getting his ears scratched and only Alice and their stepmother were allowed to do it. Titus panted happily as she gave peace to his itching head. Suddenly his stomach gave a loud rumble and Titus gave a distressed whimper. He looked to the group for a solution, wrinkling his nose as the scent of dead drauger hit it. He barked at everyone as his stomach rumbled again.

"Looks like our dog is hungry." Alice said with a small chuckle. "I don't suppose anyone brought several pounds of fresh meat?" She asked sarcastically.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Dolmas watched as Alice turned to him, looking a bit distressed. Dolmas almost asked what was wrong, but she spoke first.

What happened to you back there?"

Instead of answering his question, she asked her own, and Dolmas swallowed hard. It wasn't hard for Dolmas to figure out what she was talking about.

She saw Valen.

Damnation.

He didn speak, but looked back to her, his expression pained. But he didn't speak. No. Now was not the time to say he was tormented. Or Demented. Whatever one would call the poor bastard.

Alice walked over to her brother and spoke to him, scratching his ear as he growled his satisfaction.

To be honest, Dolmas didn't know how to respond. So he took that moment to step away, tucking his jacket in and staring off into the distance. He wasn't looking at anything in particular. He just needed to think.

He knew he should take the chance he was given, and cut ties with her immediately. This was a rare opportunity to keep himself from hurting another.

But he also wanted someone to confide this in. He had pushed others away for so long. But he had never really tried to pull someone in.

But who would want to drag anyone in something like this?

He sighed softly, before heading to where Alice was. He was careful to mind Titus, staying to her left to avoid his sight. He spoke softly again, to keep the others from catching on.

"If you care enough, ask me again when we're out of this mess."

With that he stepped away, toward where Kvothe was.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Titus growled at Dolmas as he approached his sister, but Alice resumed scratching his ears, keeping him calm. The answer to her question did nothing to lessen her concerns. In fact, it amplified them. Something was very wrong here and her instincts told her to leave this mer well enough alone. Despite her better judgement however she trusted Dolmas and would wait for an answer until he was ready to give one. She had foreseen that they would become good friends, perhaps more than that. He would do great deeds on this adventure and he would reveal a terrible secret to her. She felt something for this mer. By seeing him in her visions she felt like she already knew him. She wanted to tell him all about what she was and what she had seen but she couldn't. He wouldn't be able to understand what she could do and in the long run he wouldn't be able to accept it. No one outside her family ever did. No one wanted to be dragged into what she was.

She gently took his right hand into both of hers and caressed it gently. "Okay." She said with a nod.

EpicVakarian

I glanced again over at Alice and the wolf that had been Titus. I was torn; my head told me to kill the wolf. But having met Titus, and quickly grown to like him, my heart told me otherwise. And I wasn't sure which to pick over the other.

I lurched up from my sitting position, and walked over to Titus. He growled slightly, but refrained from attacking me. This alone surprised me; most werewolves I'd met attacked on sight. I carefully reached out and tried to touch his fur, ready to quickly pull my hand back. I was still too weak to heal it, so I had to avoid getting it hurt in the first place. My gloved hand came closer and closer to his head, but he didn't react. He simply stared into my eyes and let my fingers brush against his nose. I let out an audible sigh of relief, mingled with shock. This was a remarkable werewolf. This was a werewolf that appeared to be able to control both his forms.

"You nearly got me back there," I mumbled hoarsely. I cleared my throat and continued. "My friends would want me to kill you." I made sure to keep my voice quiet, so only Titus could hear. I didn't want Alice thinking I was going to murder her brother. "I won't. You're not a normal werewolf, are you?" I paused, as if to wait for a response, then I remembered it was a wolf I was talking to; the most he could do at the moment was howl. "When you turn back, we need to have a nice long... chat." I reached for his head again, scratching his ears, and smiled, though it was more a grimace. I was too tired, and too torn about Titus, to smile. I needed to get to sleep. I hoped we would be off soon to wherever we needed to go.