• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
IK right.....I wonder how long it would take to fix em all...a year or two?
The amazing thing is, sometimes the community get into the action of fixing and releases an unofficial patch mod... I'm not sure if you are playing it on PC but that unofficial patch is a god-saver. Well, Bethesda would be mainly fixing on major issues and slowly the medium ones then the minor ones... But it won't take a year. The most difficult part about development is FINDING the problem.

ill wil

yea...the issue I'm having now is that my character and other NPC characters have glowing green hands and or black hands with rainbow specs on it....LOL

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
yea....for some reason on the 360 too many saves freezes the game so I only have two at a time....

I have noticed some slow down on my Xbox with all these saves, but not freezing. I'm using the new slim if that makes any difference to this issue.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
yea...the issue I'm having now is that my character and other NPC characters have glowing green hands and or black hands with rainbow specs on it....LOL
lol can you post a picture of it? Once, my character had an icicle stuck on her elbow from a stupid necromancer's spell. It was supposed to disappear off eventually but it was stuck on my character for a long time.. Restarted the game, took off her armor and on, even drank cure disease (i dunno. i was so confused at the time) until I decided, screw it, my character has icicle elbow from now on. But then the icicle disappeared eventually. Some of the problems fixes itself eventually I guess. Skyrim is handling with so much rendering of the world you are in, keeping track of where and what items you placed in the world, etc... Hope your problem is somewhat similar and eventually get fixed automatically

ill wil

lol can you post a picture of it? Once, my character had an icicle stuck on her elbow from a stupid necromancer's spell. It was supposed to disappear off eventually but it was stuck on my character for a long time.. Restarted the game, took off her armor and on, even drank cure disease (i dunno. i was so confused at the time) until I decided, screw it, my character has icicle elbow from now on. But then the icicle disappeared eventually. Some of the problems fixes itself eventually I guess. Skyrim is handling with so much rendering of the world you are in, keeping track of where and what items you placed in the world, etc... Hope your problem is somewhat similar and eventually get fixed automatically

yea I'm hoping that will go away.....

squaretwo

sometime they need to release the game first before the could know the bugs, and when they know the bugs they will release the patch.. you should understand how hard it is to testing and debugging the whole game.. im sorry for stuff happen to you, and I did play for almost 50 hours before without any problem.. not saying there is no bug, but the bug is minor.

if you want to talk about scam, its F1 2011, full of bugs and no patch or rather do nothing good patch. if talk about internet connection, rockstar the worse.

ill wil

sometime they need to release the game first before the could know the bugs, and when they know the bugs they will release the patch.. you should understand how hard it is to testing and debugging the whole game.. im sorry for stuff happen to you, and I did play for almost 50 hours before without any problem.. not saying there is no bug, but the bug is minor.

if you want to talk about scam, its F1 2011, full of bugs and no patch or rather do nothing good patch. if talk about internet connection, rockstar the worse.
oh I will agree about rockstar after gta 3 I refuse to play any rockstar games (Midnight club LA is a good game tho)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
They can keep my money, they just lost a good costumer.
Sure they did... Such self-entitlement is quite humorous actually.
But I do hear that ps3 version is broken. I'm not sure to what extend but I am getting sick of all the drama about it. If the issue is that bad, it's not going to be fixed over one night or a single patch. Maybe I'm not seeing the full picture here but it looks like he makes a lot of empty accusations, especially with 'corporate bullcrap' theory

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Yea the corporate BS it just that. BS. I own the PS3 version and it's not broken. Sure it has more bugs then PC and Xbox but it's playable. Only bugs I've run into are "1" backwards flying dragon which I blame myself for. ( I think I know why it flew backwards) and the usual quests that are bugged on all platforms. Lag is still an issue but not as much as it was pre patch.

A game of this magnitude is not gonna be PERFECT from day 1. NO develepor puts in 200-300 hours testing into their games on each console. They do a quick run through and slap the price tag on. At least Bethesda is putting out the patches quickly. What that guy said about the texture thing messing up on patch 1.2, when you fix something another thing usually breaks. It's the way of life. It will get fixed. Patience is a virtue.

J747L

Speaking for the PC

I'd bet most PC gamers have come to accept the inevitability of a patch release. No game is perfect at retail version. There's a line though that every reviewer draws (independent and the spoonfed ones). This include multiple failures on different specs, total unplayability etc. but Skyrim didn't cross that line. An indication of that is the testimony of some that the game was flawless during their play. This means that the game is at least playable for the majority of buyers.

Of course if there is that small percentage of users who experienced eternal bliss from day 1 of Skyrim's release, then there are those who experienced hell all throughout. However if the "hell" experience was that tremendous, it will automatically run Bethesda to the ground. No boycott, lawsuit, or any form of campaign is necessary.

I always had the policy of buying games 6 months to 1 year after their release and I was a satisfied gamer. The only cases when I broke that rule was for Civilization V, Starcraft II and Skyrim. But to be honest, Skyrim was indeed the worst offender for bugs among the three.

ill wil

Speaking for the PC

I'd bet most PC gamers have come to accept the inevitability of a patch release. No game is perfect at retail version. There's a line though that every reviewer draws (independent and the spoonfed ones). This include multiple failures on different specs, total unplayability etc. but Skyrim didn't cross that line. An indication of that is the testimony of some that the game was flawless during their play. This means that the game is at least playable for the majority of buyers.

Of course if there is that small percentage of users who experienced eternal bliss from day 1 of Skyrim's release, then there are those who experienced hell all throughout. However if the "hell" experience was that tremendous, it will automatically run Bethesda to the ground. No boycott, lawsuit, or any form of campaign is necessary.

I always had the policy of buying games 6 months to 1 year after their release and I was a satisfied gamer. The only cases when I broke that rule was for Civilization V, Starcraft II and Skyrim. But to be honest, Skyrim was indeed the worst offender for bugs among the three.
Your so right.......But come on when we heard about skyrim we took a eternal sleep just to wake up on release day....lol so it is well worth the game it just suck for me (and ppl like me) who experience the work of the bugs and glitches. I think the game itself minus the issues has to be in my top 5 games of all time.

brandon

Your so right.......But come on when we heard about skyrim we took a eternal sleep just to wake up on release day....lol so it is well worth the game it just suck for me (and ppl like me) who experience the work of the bugs and glitches. I think the game itself minus the issues has to be in my top 5 games of all time.
im playing on xbox and ive had it since day one. my character hasnt had a major freeze ive had to stop and set the controller down for a sec a couple times but its always "caught up" with me. but my wife on the other hand has had to turn the xbox of a couple times in just a few hrs everyday. and thats on the same disk. i think we have to many characters. i have 2 and my wife has 2 and my 4 yr old daughter even has 1 so im gonna delete my second guy till i beat it with my first then ill create my argonian again. but its wierd cause she has a bunch of freezes and i dont.

ill wil

im playing on xbox and ive had it since day one. my character hasnt had a major freeze ive had to stop and set the controller down for a sec a couple times but its always "caught up" with me. but my wife on the other hand has had to turn the xbox of a couple times in just a few hrs everyday. and thats on the same disk. i think we have to many characters. i have 2 and my wife has 2 and my 4 yr old daughter even has 1 so im gonna delete my second guy till i beat it with my first then ill create my argonian again. but its wierd cause she has a bunch of freezes and i dont.
See I notice most ppl who don't experience any issues don't really understand but if and/when they don they're going to be like DAAAAMMMMNNN!! I think so far the Xbox version has the most problems because of a disc format and not a Blue ray format and as far as PC who knows...

jeff

I play on PS3 and i haven't had any major issues. The worst one was when different sections of the ground started to flash and it looked like a huge strobe light. It was kind of funny at first but when i tried to loot a camp site I couldn't see anything.

brandon

See I notice most ppl who don't experience any issues don't really understand but if and/when they don they're going to be like DAAAAMMMMNNN!! I think so far the Xbox version has the most problems because of a disc format and not a Blue ray format and as far as PC who knows...
dude from what ive been reading on here im gonna have to say no to the ps3 being better. pc yeah but thats cause the computer nerds(no offence) know how to make their own patches. us on the xbox/ps3 cant do that.but the general consensus is that the ps3 version got ripped off with this game(i use the term ripped off very loosely) but thats just what ive gathered from this forum.

ill wil

R
dude from what ive been reading on here im gonna have to say no to the ps3 being better. pc yeah but thats cause the computer nerds(no offence) know how to make their own patches. us on the xbox/ps3 cant do that.but the general consensus is that the ps3 version got ripped off with this game(i use the term ripped off very loosely) but thats just what ive gathered from this forum.
Really??? OWOW....I know playing on the 360 seems like I should of got it on the PS3

Darksarrow

The Archmage

What race do you play? The freezes for your wife might be a bug with the race :eek: thats the only reason I could see that happening...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts